- Joined
- Nov 26, 2018
- Messages
- 6,815
- Reaction score
- 11,877
- Age
- 42
- Country
-
Right on time, as if to prove my point for me, another anti-conservative article.
Memes.
Memes.
This just reads like trite whattaboutism to me, sorry. I don't really understand this being your reaction to me jokingly pointing out how there are indeed those that act like any example of white supremacy/nationalism is a false flag, fake news, or needs to be minimized for some reason. That's something that undeniably happens. It's happened in this very thread.Those with left-leaning ideologies never do anything bad? Tell me, in the grand scheme what is the death toll compared to deaths on the left? Say, Biden voters. Or BLM 'protesters'. Or antifa clowns? Or or or...
This just in - idiots are idiots no matter their political affiliation!
Welcome to living in a rather large world.
Agreed, I could see that, and it WOULD be whataboutism... IF I were somehow using the prompt to deflect from what whiteys are doing in an incredible small and unwelcomed minority, attempt to apply some sort of 'two wrongs make a right' logic, or believe their actions are somehow otherwise justified.This just reads like trite whattaboutism to me, sorry. I don't really understand this being your reaction to me jokingly pointing out how there are indeed those that act like any example of white supremacy/nationalism is a false flag, fake news, or needs to be minimized for some reason. That's something that undeniably happens. It's happened in this very thread.
![]()
He Spent 25 Years Infiltrating Nazis, the Klan, and Biker Gangs
Scott was a top undercover agent for the FBI. Now, he’s telling his story to sound the alarm about the threat of far-right extremistswww.rollingstone.com
Reality or FBI plot to further "divide" us? You decide!
![]()

None of that is required really for it to be whattaboutism. I'm at a loss as to why you find it important to specify it being an "incredibly small and unwelcomed minority" when I haven't intimated anything to the contrary. Just pointing out that it is seemingly very important to some people for some reason to minimize or change the subject when it comes to the topic of white supremacy/nationalism. And yeah, inconveniently those "some people" are almost always politically conservative. It doesn't seem like you're saying that's a point of contention, so you attempting to bring up the left side of the scoreboard is you doing what exactly?Agreed, I could see that, and it WOULD be whataboutism... IF I were somehow using the prompt to deflect from what whiteys are doing in an incredible small and unwelcomed minority, attempt to apply some sort of 'two wrongs make a right' logic, or believe their actions are somehow otherwise justified.
Care to elaborate on why? Or is vaguely dismissive on the menu again today?I have read thousands of pieces published on the internet of similar length.
That one stands out for many reasons.
None of them are good.
![]()
Care to elaborate on why? Or is vaguely dismissive on the menu again today?
Graham being refreshingly sane there.... absolutely sickening
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So then it's still all bogeymen and fake news to you. Disappointed but not surprised, I guess.There's no need to elaborate.
Expect rolling stone ratings and viewership to plummet through the floor the way CNN's have.
It has already happened with CNN and so there is no reason to reinvent the wheel explaining yesterdays news.
So then it's still all bogeymen and fake news to you. Disappointed but not surprised, I guess.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Conservatives are really living people's dreams - they can be accused of sex trafficking and still be free, while whining about cancel culture and freedom being infringed upon.![]()
Matt Gaetz case intensifies as Florida radio host agrees to cooperate with investigators
The number of witnesses aiding the federal sex trafficking probe into the Republican congressman is growing, and it seems all of them could offer info that takes him down.www.msnbc.com
What you're actually saying, "waah I don't like that this doesn't agree with me so I"m gonna call it anti-conservative! WAAAAH!"Right on time, as if to prove my point for me, another anti-conservative article.
Memes.
Love how the ignorant and white supremacists out themselves when they complain about diversity hiring. Like, the whole point of that is because Black people have never gotten equal consideration or treatment when it came to hiring, promotion, or anything in the job field, and as flaws as diversity hiring is, it actually tries to even that a bit.
I thought that too, and felt bad that I couldn't just accept it as him saying something right and move on. I was waiting for the catch. Believe it or not, I don't like the seething hatred I feel for the Republican party. It's not even like I have these feelings for the Republicans I know irl. I live in NC. All the white people here are Republican, pretty much. But they're not super aggressive about it, and the one MAGA hat wearing co worker I had was a legitimately awesome guy (sans political affiliation).xi0 said:Graham being refreshingly sane there.... absolutely sickening
We're in the same boat regarding republican voters. Most I know either aren't racist or don't come across as racist, but there's also that fear that they might be hiding it because it isn't acceptable for now. Not to mention, even though I'm cishet, it's hard to come to terms with any anti-LGBT+ peopleI thought that too, and felt bad that I couldn't just accept it as him saying something right and move on. I was waiting for the catch. Believe it or not, I don't like the seething hatred I feel for the Republican party. It's not even like I have these feelings for the Republicans I know irl. I live in NC. All the white people here are Republican, pretty much. But they're not super aggressive about it, and the one MAGA hat wearing co worker I had was a legitimately awesome guy (sans political affiliation).
Wrong. I'm not attempting to discredit your claim, nor justify the subject of it - so I'm not attempting to turn the tables to pretend side X isn't responsible or downplay a thing. I have no issues with your claim as happening at some level (nor would I ever wish to be an apologist for the actions), but I merely put it in perspective as your 'joke' (always the funny guys) implied that was a common occurrence, even for the fringe lunatics when it is indeed not. They aren't commonly wasting their time blowing shit up (omg, defending white nationalists! NO - defending facts), though they do waste it in other super-unproductive ways (again, I was responding to the absurdity of a klansman following around an Indian as if that was a useful endeavor for anyone). Now, WHAT ABOUT the lunatics on the left? The POINT is this is never, ever mentioned. It's always a unilateral outrage.None of that is required really for it to be whattaboutism.
I never said you did? But, proportionality matters, does it not? Is anyone here arguing that white people have individuals that sometimes do stupid shit? Are white people monolithic? Mayo madness endemic?I'm at a loss as to why you find it important to specify it being an "incredibly small and unwelcomed minority" when I haven't intimated anything to the contrary.
I didn't minimize anything, did I?Just pointing out that it is seemingly very important to some people for some reason to minimize
Seems like I'm keeping it super-relevant to me - murder and mayhem at the extreme fringes of either party. I wonder why your ilk only wishes to discuss one side of the issue, and I'm more than happy discussing it on both sides. You know, pointing out the never-ending stream of hypocrisy on the left (here and elsewhere) isn't some defense of conservative loonies, try as you might to imply that. I can think the lefties are particularly hypocritical without defending the righties, who are more transparent good, bad, or indifferent. IMO.or change the subject
I see a common theme of hypocrisy on many topics - it's certainly not limited to cracker-ass-crackers.when it comes to the topic of white supremacy/nationalism.
Umm, no shit? In the context of discussing white nationalists, they are the conservative fringe end of the spectrum. Ummmm, yeah? ACKNOWLEDGED (as if it had to be?). There are extreme elements in many a party; what's the issue - or do only white savages murder? Left-leaning people don't do anything, no?And yeah, inconveniently those "some people" are almost always politically conservative.
Well, at least you agree there. Yeah, I'm not contending anything in particular, nor am I defending it. I've been pretty clear from the onset that the reporting here is very clearly one-sided; a political cudgel and not so much 'reporting' but cherry-picking bad stories to poo-poo political enemies. Talk about 'in good faith' that I love to see get slung around... I'm still waiting to see so-called 'good-faith' arguments by certain individuals here (not yourself).It doesn't seem like you're saying that's a point of contention, so you attempting to bring up the left side of the scoreboard is you doing what exactly?
wiki on whataboutism said:Christian Christensen, Professor of Journalism in Stockholm, argues that the accusation of whataboutism is itself a form of the tu quoque fallacy, as it dismisses criticisms of one's own behavior to focus instead on the actions of another, thus creating a double standard. Those who use whataboutism are not necessarily engaging in an empty or cynical deflection of responsibility: whataboutism can be a useful tool to expose contradictions, double standards, and hypocrisy.[82][83]
Umm, how is it anything but? A string of selective-outrage articles here always posted by the core trio that ALWAYS lean against conservatives.What you're actually saying, "waah I don't like that this doesn't agree with me so I"m gonna call it anti-conservative! WAAAAH!"
tbh, this sounds like a personal problem, and probably something you should see a professional about. I know TDS is a term thrown about jokingly, but imagine living your life like this... tilting at the windmills of a political affiliation that you've cartoonishly categorized - with "seething hatred" - eesh.I don't like the seething hatred I feel for the Republican party.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Just never stop. Whatever it is you're doing; keep doing it. Loving the lexicon.cishet
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Is anyone on the left ACTUALLY outraged with Gaetz here? Him being a Repuklican aside?![]()
Matt Gaetz case intensifies as Florida radio host agrees to cooperate with investigators
The number of witnesses aiding the federal sex trafficking probe into the Republican congressman is growing, and it seems all of them could offer info that takes him down.www.msnbc.com
I'm not following the analogy you're using here tbh. Are you saying every article you've read up until the one I shared denied the existence of violent white nationalism?Imagine reading thousands of news stories and articles over a 20 year period.
Everything you read says: water is wet. Everything has a coherent, orderly and consistent structure to it.
Then one day, you pick up the rolling stone and its headline says: new discovery: water is not in fact, wet.
...
What would you think?
What is there to be disappointed or surprised about?
Should the result not be 100% expected and predictable?
![]()
I'm not following the analogy you're using here tbh. Are you saying every article you've read up until the one I shared denied the existence of violent white nationalism?
Is that indictment on the contents of the article, or the type of media you've chosen to consume up until this point?Among other things.
If only by omission.
The new perspective offered is also inconsistent and contradictory to past precedents and itself.
Is that indictment on the contents of the article, or the type of media you've chosen to consume up until this point?
You do know law enforcement often has a specific beat or specialization right? This isn't a case where there's supposedly more of this so there's no way they were involved with that. This is especially true when it comes to anyone that does undercover work, because it's far easier to end up compromised if you're spinning too many plates. He looked the part so it's what he worked in.Accordingly to the article, this agent allegedly infiltrated the KKK and nazis.
In reality, if he was a real agent, and if it were a legit story. He probably spent more time infiltrating and tracking greenpeace and ecoterrorist groups. Both have been responsible for far more attacks and acts of violence over the past 20 years than the KKK and nazis put together.
If he investigated nazis in the USA, it would likely be a follow up to operation paperclip or as part of the recent discovery channel reality show "finding Hitler" where an attempt was made to investigate claims of Hitler fleeing to argentina post World War II. Otherwise what would be the point? Nazis haven't been on the radar. The only place they're relevant is in europe where neo nazis believe zombie Hitler is their last best chance of making europe great again.
There are so many inconsistencies and irregularities it can't pass as legit. Not to anyone who paid attention to current events.
It was clearly written by someone who doesn't follow the news, doesn't know the material or content and doesn't understand the small intricacies and details needed for a piece like that to be accepted by the general public. Its just CNN 2.0.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Everyone in the article was anonymous... so, even if it's like you said and journalism was bound by legal ethics, how exactly would that apply to anything in it?The basic format and structure of it deviates widely from established norms. Conventional journalism in the USA typically follows an innocent until proven guilty format. This rolling stone piece is putting right wing conservatives on blast within the first two sentences. Massive deviation from innocent until proven guilty.
Everyone in the article was anonymous... so, even if it's like you said and journalism was bound by legal ethics, how exactly would that apply to anything in it?