- Joined
- Dec 20, 2006
- Messages
- 8,247
- Reaction score
- 3,239
- Age
- 41
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Oh I know, that was a mistake on me not clarifying two separate points by differentiating them enough. I'm saying both trans people and drag queens present as feminine for reasons other than sexual titillation because it seems like kckk is saying "That's the only reason a man would ever dress as a woman: for sexual gratification."It might be nitpicking or maybe I'm misunderstanding your point, but gender dysphoria isn't necessarily a factor when it comes to drag performers. Drag is a performance like most others - it's someone playing a character, wearing a costume, etc.
My point was that, when AMAB people have dysphoria, what they're not worrying about is how well they can make men sexually attracted to them. They're worried about passing as the gender they identify with: the fem one. And when drag queens present as feminine, they're also not doing so with the inherent purpose of making men sexually attracted to them unless expressly stated, because the character they're using for their drag persona may or may not be hyper-sexualized. It could be an expressly comedic/dramatic avatar depending on the show.
The point was for him to see my reasoning and come to the conclusion: "Oh, there are multiple reasons for an AMAB person to present as feminine without it being about sex. Maybe I shouldn't be stereotyping/generalizing drag queens like that."