American Politics | Page 642 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What good has Trump done for Palestinians, or Muslims in general?

"Exposing themselves". Do you think it's new information that Americans generally don't give a shit about what's happening on the other side of the planet? That's not new information, we just have to say it loudly now because leftists think they can scare us into caring by threatening a second Trump presidency. And I only want Muslims to vote Biden because it's in their best interest. They have two potential presidential candidates. Both are Zionists. One of them appeals to the voter base that hates them. It's s elf-preservation to vote Biden. It's just a smart decision.

If I think you're a radical extremist for defending terrorists, you don't change my mind by further defending terrorists. You don't want to be called an extremist? Stop being extreme.

And don't forget that the majority of Israelis are Zionists. If you want the majority of a country dead, what would you call that? Starts with a "G". It's been your favorite word for the past half a year...

It's not surprising to me at all. Normal people can't excuse October 7th. And if you don't want Trump in office, do the right thing.
What good has Biden done? Like Trump he's actually encouraged violence against Muslims and Palestinians.

Liberals cared about the other side of the world when Trump was the president. They stopped caring after Biden won, and if Trump wins, they'll magically start caring. Oh, and when liberals were loud and angry at how migrants were treated under Trump as well as the wall, but now they're quiet despite Biden doing the same exact thing. Double standards.

If only voting for Biden was in Muslims' best interest, as well as Americans'. Biden keeps fucking up his chances, and it seems only liberals are too blind to realize that. Since October, innocent Muslims have been attacked, shot at, and even killed, and Biden is just as guilty when he keeps lying about what Hamas have done, and he keeps blaming Hamas for everything.

I don't care what you think, when you are ignorant. Israel itself could admit to lying about Hamas to justify the murdering innocent people, and you and Biden would still blame Hamas for everything. You and Biden are encouraging murders of innocent people while dismissing Palestinian and Muslim Americans' grief, and yet liberals somehow think Biden is better than Trump when it comes to Muslims and Palestine. Two sides of the same coin, one is just better at pretending to give a shit.

Kick out Zionists, give Palestinians their land back, and hope that Palestinians can live peacefully with formerly Israeli Jews who aren't Zionists.
Relocating people is definitely the same as genocide! So smart, very critical thinking! <_> Coming from someone who went "eh" at a boy being killed simply because he was Palestinian by someone he considered a family!

Interesting how you keep bringing up Oct 7 and acting as if you care about the lives lost, but you're absolutely quiet at Israel indiscriminately attacking and killing their own people just so they can kill more Palestinians. I mean, if you actually don't care about any of this, just stop responding instead of giving very tepid responses to Israel or Zionist supporters killing innocent people but being "outraged" at Hamas.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-794391 - he's anti-Hamas, so you should feel better about believing him

In any case, I don't see the point in going around in circles, especially when you don't know the difference between genocide (killing innocent people) and kicking people out of a country that they don't belong in (still alive but in Israelis' case, a lot of them are going back to their home country). Showing lack of concern for lives in USA and in Middle East is why Biden is in danger of losing, and liberals aren't helping by dismissing Muslims and Palestinian Americans.

You can respond to this if you want, but I will not respond.

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
What good has Biden done? Like Trump he's actually encouraged violence against Muslims and Palestinians.

Tomorrow, President Biden will announce a number of initiatives to support the Palestinian people by:

• Improving access to health care and technology;
  • Rolling out long overdue 4G digital connectivity to both Gaza and the West Bank;
  • Bolstering economic growth;
  • Providing critical services for Palestinian refugees;
  • Reducing food insecurity;
  • Fostering people-to-people dialogue to support peace.
President Biden will also announce new contributions totaling $316 million to support the Palestinian people. This is on top of the more than half a billion dollars the United States has provided to the Palestinian people since the Biden Administration restored much needed funding to the Palestinians.

Bolstering the Digital Economy to Improve Palestinian Economic Growth

• To boost Palestinian businesses and improve connectivity for Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza, Israel has committed to speeding up the long overdue transformation of 3G to 4G in the West Bank and afterwards 2G to 4G in Gaza. Israeli and Palestinian teams will work together immediately to start the technological surveys, with an aim to roll out an advanced infrastructure for 4G by the end of 2023. This commitment will accelerate digital transformation and foster a more well-connected Palestinian economy. It will also generate jobs, increase productivity, and increase online operations in the health and education sectors.

Improve the Travel Experience from the West Bank to Jordan

• President Biden supports creating a more autonomous, efficient, and reliable Palestinian experience of traveling abroad. He will announce that Israel is prepared to take measures to increase efficiency and accessibility to the Allenby Bridge for the benefit of Palestinians. In order to upgrade facilities, Israel has agreed to enable access 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, by September 30, 2022. A working group will assess several measures including the use of biometric passports and will complete its assessments within the next month and discuss conclusions with U.S. partners. In addition, the working group will consider steps to establish Palestinian Authority presence on Allenby Bridge while maintaining Israel’s security considerations.

Support Critical Services for Palestinian Refugees

• The United States believes that Palestinian refugees deserve to live in dignity, to see their basic needs addressed, and to have hope for the future. President Biden will announce an additional $201 million for the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) to continue delivering critical services to Palestinian refugees in the West Bank, Gaza, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria. UNRWA’s comprehensive services remain a lifeline to millions of vulnerable Palestinians – consistent with its mandate to provide assistance and protection to Palestinian refugees pending a just and lasting solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. These services directly contribute to maintaining regional stability, which is beneficial to the interests of the United States, our allies, and our partners. This contribution cements the United States’ status as UNRWA’s largest donor. These new funds bring the total United States assistance to UNRWA during the Biden Administration to more than $618 million. The United States is committed to supporting UNRWA to provide the most effective and efficient assistance possible and to continue to improve its operations and delivery. UNRWA’s work must be done while fully respecting the UN principles of neutrality, tolerance, human rights, equity, and non-discrimination.

Re-Launching Israeli-Palestinian Economic Discussions and Promoting Steps to Improve Lives

• President Biden will share with President Abbas that Israel intends to convene the Joint Economic Committee with the Palestinians. Restarting discussions through the Joint Economic Committee has been a longstanding request of the Palestinian Authority. The committee last met in 2009 and is the mandated entity under the Oslo Accords for the Israeli government and Palestinian Authority to meet to discuss joint economic issues, including wastewater, clean energy, and other measures that impact Palestinian lives in the West Bank. President Biden also announced that Israel agreed to increase the number of permits for Palestinians in Gaza to work and do business in Israel to 15,500. The Biden Administration strongly supports increased access and movement for Palestinians, and this is a positive step toward that goal. Additionally, Israel agreed to approve the registration of 5,500 previously unregistered Palestinians on the Palestinian Population Register.

Ensure Food Security for Palestinians

• In response to rising food insecurity for Palestinians in the wake of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, President Biden will announce that the United States is providing $15 million in additional humanitarian assistance for vulnerable Palestinians. Via funding to the UN World Food Program and two non-governmental organizations, the United States is providing electronic food vouchers, multipurpose cash assistance, and emergency livelihoods support, helping more than 210,000 food-insecure people meet their household food needs in coming months. This funding is part of the pledge of additional U.S. government resources that President Biden made at the G7 Leaders’ Summit in Germany in late June to protect the world’s most vulnerable populations from the escalating global food security crisis.

Fostering People-to-People Ties

• To build grassroots support for peace through an eventual negotiated two-state solution, President Biden will announce two new grants under the Nita M. Lowey Middle East Partnership for Peace Act (MEPPA). MEPPA authorizes up to $250 million dollars over five years to implement projects led by both Israelis and Palestinians establishing the environment necessary to achieve long term peace. The first new grant, for $2.21 million to the Peres Center for Peace, will support collaboration and professional exchanges between the Palestinian and Israeli health sectors as they work to build mutual trust, confidence, and understanding between the two societies. The second new grant, for $5 million to AppleSeeds, will provide young Palestinian and Israeli professionals the opportunity to work together and learn critical technology and leadership. For more information on these and other activities under MEPPA please visit https://www.usaid.gov/west-bank-and-gaza/meppa

There. Now I ask you again: What has Trump done for Palestinians? All of this was announced in 2022 by the way, which means everyone shitting on how unhelpful Biden is to Palestinians is either a liar, or ignorant.

And you know what? I'm not gonna bother responding to the rest of your post because not only do I know you're not going to post all the "good" things Trump has done for Palestine since you're trying to sneak away: you're going to pretend he hasn't done worse to the Palestinians than Biden has. But I come bearing more gifts!

I'm going to show you all the bad things Trump did to Palestine during his presidency.

But getting Palestinians to the table would have required a more even-handed policy than what Trump — the self-described most pro-Israel president ever — pursued. There is a reason Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu all-but-openly campaigned for Trump against Biden in 2020. American policy in the Trump administration was a laundry list of gifts to the Israeli right:

These are not “normal” positions, the sort you expect any president to take given the bipartisan pro-Israel consensus in American politics. Many of them were directly at odds with the longstanding bipartisan consensus in US policymaking, one which attempted to balance support for Israel with trying to maintain the US position as a potential mediator in credible peace talks. The Biden team has largely tried to return to this traditional position where it could, even as it worked to deprioritize Middle East diplomacy prior to October 7.

This track record gives us suggests that Trump does not approach Israel like other issues. Neither his dealmaker bravado nor his transactional approach to other alliances like NATO tempered his hardline support for Netanyahu and the Israeli right while in office. To make the case that he would have handled the Gaza war differently, one would need to show some reason to believe Trump would break with his established pattern.

And there isn’t one.

Why Trump’s Gaza policy would (still) be more hawkish than Biden’s
Trump’s Israel-Palestine policy, per accounts like this one from the Washington Post’s Isaac Stanley-Becker, was largely the product of delegation. Uninterested in the details, he outsourced policy formulation to aides. While Trump has said relatively little about the Gaza war since October 7, these influential aides have been quite vocal. And they have attacked Biden from the right.

Chief among these deputies was son-in-law Jared Kushner. In a public appearance at Harvard in February, he expressed outright opposition to Biden’s current push for a Palestinian state as part of any postwar settlement.

“Giving them a Palestinian state is basically a reinforcement of, ‘We’re going to reward you for bad actions,’” Kushner said. “You have to show terrorists that they will not be tolerated, that we will take strong action.”

Trump’s ambassador to Israel, noted hardliner David Friedman, went even further — accusing the Biden team of “hampering the war effort” by pressuring Israel to limit the civilian casualty toll of its bombing campaign. “At no time [while I was ambassador] did the United States put any handcuffs or limitations on Israel’s ability to respond,” he added in an interview with Israel’s Channel 12 news station.

And Jason Greenblatt, Trump’s special envoy for Middle East policy, blasted the Biden administration's decision to impose sanctions on violent West Bank settlers as “wrong and deceptive.” He also claimed to be “shocked that the State Department was investigating the possibility of declaring an independent Palestinian state,” a decision he termed “terribly harmful and dangerous.”

The key decision-makers in the last Trump administration have repudiated the handful of Biden decisions that peace advocates can actually approve of: his quiet pressure on Israel to limit harm to civilians, his diplomacy aimed at improving the postwar future, and his willingness to put sanctions on Israeli settlers.

By contrast, Trump’s advisers have praised the elements of Biden’s policy that his left-wing critics most reject: the president’s public and full-throated support for the Israeli war effort.

So yeah. M3J doesn't want to respond, so I'll just ask that anyone else here that thinks a Trump presidency wouldn't be too different from a Biden one, take a gander at the evidence I just posted and please, post opposing evidence if you disagree.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Looks like a trade war is back on the menu.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank goodness. I'm fine with cheaper Chinese products on certain sites so when you're trying to save some money you know where to find the stuff, but they've basically taken over Amazon, so it's a crapshoot of whether you're getting something of a particular quality now. I wanna know when I'm buying something cheap, I don't wanna be tricked into it lol.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Welp, messaging wise this isn't ideal as trump did pretty much this. I suppose biden's tariffs could target different things but as seen during trump's presidency this isn't a straightforward issue.

Hmmm, I feel like you'd know you are buying something cheap from the price tag.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
^Sometimes you'll buy something that's a little cheaper in price, but a lot cheaper in build quality and materials. Try to save a dollar and end up having to buy another, more expensive one later.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Whew, Biden really does not want to win the reelection, does he?
What's going to cause him to lose the election? People that don't vote choosing not to vote?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
People have short memories... it's not that long ago that trump became the first US president to accept jerusalem as the capital of israel. Which at the time caused a couple waves of violence and rejection (not from israel) through the middle east and europe. At least several knifings iirc. I am not sure of what alternate troll reality nonsense anyone you have to be in to believe even the insinuation that trump is as bad as biden in this regard. As I said, trump has zero appetite for war but the guy has zero affinity towards palestinians. With his history I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption that trump is likely to believe the collective humanity of every man, woman and child in gaza does not amount to that of rat shit. But sure, lets go with biden being as bad or worse than trump in this regard or wherever the heck the goalpost is supposed to be at.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
People have short memories... it's not that long ago that trump became the first US president to accept jerusalem as the capital of israel. Which at the time caused a couple waves of violence and rejection (not from israel) through the middle east and europe. At least several knifings iirc. I am not sure of what alternate troll reality nonsense anyone you have to be in to believe even the insinuation that trump is as bad as biden in this regard. As I said, trump has zero appetite for war but the guy has zero affinity towards palestinians. With his history I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption that trump is likely to believe the collective humanity of every man, woman and child in gaza does not amount to that of rat shit. But sure, lets go with biden being as bad or worse than trump in this regard or wherever the heck the goalpost is supposed to be at.
I don't know if you have been keeping up to date with current events (doesn't look like it?), but Biden has been painting a target on Palestinian Americans and Palestine supporters' back, which includes Muslims and even Jewish people. Literally every Palestinian supporter in the USA understands what Trump is, they have acknowledged how dangerous Trump has been to Muslims. Yet they're not blind to what Biden's doing with him focusing on blaming Hamas, lying about Hamas being violent, and ignoring Israel's crimes. He's also lying about the protests and blaming it on protesters for turning it violent and not the cops and Zionist supporters who have actually been documented getting violent.

That aside, it'll be interesting to see how other Dem politicians like Fetterman and Adams affect Biden's chances, given everything. Adams keeps pumping money into the NYPD for them to do so little, while taking away money from libraries and other actually important programs, while Fetterman has become a fullblown Zionist.

Also:

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
As a black man, I'm not gonna cry about a white dude calling a Turkish dude nigga.

Especially not Destiny. And especially not after what happened that's caused this reaction.

catagon87

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
People have short selective memories... it's not that long ago that trump became the first US president to accept jerusalem as the capital of israel. Which at the time caused a couple waves of violence and rejection (not from israel) through the middle east and europe. At least several knifings iirc. I am not sure of what alternate troll reality nonsense anyone you have to be in to believe even the insinuation that trump is as bad as biden in this regard. As I said, trump has zero appetite for war but the guy has zero affinity towards palestinians. With his history I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption that trump is likely to believe the collective humanity of every man, woman and child in gaza does not amount to that of rat shit. But sure, lets go with biden being as bad or worse than trump in this regard or wherever the heck the goalpost is supposed to be at.
Fixed that for you.

There's a lot of stuff being ignored in the thread, and a lot of suspension of disbelief that Trump's level of empathy is somehow equivalent to Biden's. Republicans are not the party of empathy. For instance, the fact that a Republican has literally suggested nuking Gaza to "be done with it quickly." Keep in mind that Trump is the "inject bleach into your body to cure COVID" guy.

The biggest irony in this whole thing is that one of the masterminds of October 7th, 2023 and leader of Hamas (Sinwar) was a prisoner of Israel and had his brain tumor removed in Israel by Israeli doctors. He was also freed in an exchange along with 1026 other prisoners

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't know if you have been keeping up to date with current events (doesn't look like it?), but Biden has been painting a target on Palestinian Americans and Palestine supporters' back, which includes Muslims and even Jewish people. Literally every Palestinian supporter in the USA understands what Trump is, they have acknowledged how dangerous Trump has been to Muslims. Yet they're not blind to what Biden's doing with him focusing on blaming Hamas, lying about Hamas being violent, and ignoring Israel's crimes. He's also lying about the protests and blaming it on protesters for turning it violent and not the cops and Zionist supporters who have actually been documented getting violent.

That aside, it'll be interesting to see how other Dem politicians like Fetterman and Adams affect Biden's chances, given everything. Adams keeps pumping money into the NYPD for them to do so little, while taking away money from libraries and other actually important programs, while Fetterman has become a fullblown Zionist.

Also:
I feel like the college campus stuff has been misrepresented by the media but not in the way you frame it. I tend to see it like this:

Students: Take over buildings, normal college activity stops.
College personnel: calls the cops. Because, you know, they can't work and students can't go to class.

I am not sure of where you get biden involvement here.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Fixed that for you.

There's a lot of stuff being ignored in the thread, and a lot of suspension of disbelief that Trump's level of empathy is somehow equivalent to Biden's. Republicans are not the party of empathy. For instance, the fact that a Republican has literally suggested nuking Gaza to "be done with it quickly." Keep in mind that Trump is the "inject bleach into your body to cure COVID" guy.

The biggest irony in this whole thing is that one of the masterminds of October 7th, 2023 and leader of Hamas (Sinwar) was a prisoner of Israel and had his brain tumor removed in Israel by Israeli doctors. He was also freed in an exchange along with 1026 other prisoners
That's fair. I also recall something about trump saying israel should "deal with the problem". As if we all don't know what that means... Not gonna lie, I thought a trump presidency would be worse than it actually was but the guy has zero empathy for anyone. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprise if he thought palestinians are losers who let themselves get invaded by immigrants and lost.

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
... Not gonna lie, I thought a trump presidency would be worse than it actually was but the guy has zero empathy for anyone. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprise if he thought palestinians are losers who let themselves get invaded by immigrants and lost.
He's definitely said similar in other situations. Trump would personally go to Palestine and drown every child there for a new Golf Course deal in Israel.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's fair. I also recall something about trump saying israel should "deal with the problem". As if we all don't know what that means... Not gonna lie, I thought a trump presidency would be worse than it actually was but the guy has zero empathy for anyone. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprise if he thought palestinians are losers who let themselves get invaded by immigrants and lost.
For anyone that cares, I posted a huge ass post full of quotes and actions Trump did in offense against Palestine just a page back. So we don't just have to imagine how bad he would be to Palestine if he's elected again.

EDIT: OH, it's just at the top lol. Not that far back.

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yet they're not blind to what Biden's doing with him focusing on blaming Hamas, lying about Hamas being violent, and ignoring Israel's crimes
Hamas is violent. There's literally videos online you can watch of them murdering people. Is it different to kill innocent people if you feel justified, or something?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I feel like the college campus stuff has been misrepresented by the media but not in the way you frame it. I tend to see it like this:

Students: Take over buildings, normal college activity stops.
College personnel: calls the cops. Because, you know, they can't work and students can't go to class.

I am not sure of where you get biden involvement here.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I posted Biden's speech on the protests, and how he claimed it was violent, blaming it on protesters. That's like white supremacists blaming MLK Jr for marches getting violent when cops and racists are the ones attacking the marchers. This was after him being silent at protesters getting attacked, and Palestine supporters getting fired, expelled, and in some way punished for saying "please stop killing citizens."

But also, that's not what's happening. There are actual videos of cops attacking teachers who are protecting students and asking questions, and Zionists getting violent. There are countless of evidence of protesters (for the most part anyway, I believe ninjabot posted a video showing protesters breaking windows a while ago) being peaceful until cops or Zionists join in and get violent.

Trump is definitely not Palestine's ally. Everyone knows that. Critical thinking and common sense should make you think just how bad Biden has been to the point that Muslims and Palestinian Americans are actually thinking Biden's as bad as Trump. I mean, I've given examples of why Biden's "aid" is meaningless when he's still supplying Israel with weapons to continue the genocide. It's also quite fishy that Biden Admin wants to make deals with Israel a secret.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Hamas is violent. There's literally videos online you can watch of them murdering people. Is it different to kill innocent people if you feel justified, or something?
The most violent thing they've done recently is October 7, and even that's now questionable because Israeli hostages have blamed IOF for causing the most damage. And once again, WHITE HOUSE itself had to say Biden did not see photos of beheaded babies or Hamas's violence!!

IOF are not innocent. I've seen people say Hamas have taken out some IOF soldiers in the last few months.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I posted Biden's speech on the protests, and how he claimed it was violent, blaming it on protesters. That's like white supremacists blaming MLK Jr for marches getting violent when cops and racists are the ones attacking the marchers. This was after him being silent at protesters getting attacked, and Palestine supporters getting fired, expelled, and in some way punished for saying "please stop killing citizens."

But also, that's not what's happening. There are actual videos of cops attacking teachers who are protecting students and asking questions, and Zionists getting violent. There are countless of evidence of protesters (for the most part anyway, I believe ninjabot posted a video showing protesters breaking windows a while ago) being peaceful until cops or Zionists join in and get violent.

Trump is definitely not Palestine's ally. Everyone knows that. Critical thinking and common sense should make you think just how bad Biden has been to the point that Muslims and Palestinian Americans are actually thinking Biden's as bad as Trump. I mean, I've given examples of why Biden's "aid" is meaningless when he's still supplying Israel with weapons to continue the genocide. It's also quite fishy that Biden Admin wants to make deals with Israel a secret.
I mean, what do you expect protests to look like? Are colleges supposed to simply accept their buildings being taken over and sometimes vandalized? Are cops supposed to not try to help college personnel to get the place running?

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean, what do you expect protests to look like? Are colleges supposed to simply accept their buildings being taken over and sometimes vandalized? Are cops supposed to not try to help college personnel to get the place running?
Like 2 years ago he and I had a conversation about protests and I linked an ex-con who was on probation who was going to lose their job if they fail to make it to work on time.

And keeping a job was a rule of his probation... meaning if he lost the job, he'd be violating his probation and be subject to returning to prison.

And his response was "I hope they let him get to his job on time." So... consistency doesn't seem to be a value of his.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Like 2 years ago he and I had a conversation about protests and I linked an ex-con who was on probation who was going to lose their job if they fail to make it to work on time.

And keeping a job was a rule of his probation... meaning if he lost the job, he'd be violating his probation and be subject to returning to prison.

And his response was "I hope they let him get to his job on time." So... consistency doesn't seem to be a value of his.
Pretty much... I can understand a protest being messy, and if anything that's a requirement, but it's also unfair to expect random folk who may or not even be familiar with an issue to be simply ok with not being able to go about their day. I was an international student back in the day, I probably would have been ok with one or two days of protests but after that I would have been perfectly ok with the police tear gassing people and violently removing them from the premises with as many wounds as they were willing to eat for their principles (which they won't show up to vote for anyways...).