What do you all think of the NBAJ interview with Trump? I thought it was very aggressive tbh. Like fist swinging into the interview. And then the interview was cut short by his own Team. I'm not sure they wanted the Interview to go the way it did.
You're not making any sense in response to my post. You're talking about why he stepped down, I'm talking about why certain people wanted him to step down.And I said that's factually incorrect. Biden's Israel policy was completely irrelevant to him stepping down.
No, she isn't, because no, that's not the reason. For the thousandth time, politicians don't give a shit about people that aren't going to vote.Is Harris aware that one of the main reasons why people wanted Biden to step down is because of his Zionism and defending Israel's evil actions while doing very little to help Palestinians? Does she remember how Andrew Yang fucked his own political career up playing both sides instead of supporting Palestine? Yeesh.
You're not losing any votes if they weren't going to vote in the first place!You guys keep saying that, but logic isn't making any sense. Why would they not care about losing votes?
Of course they were/are, but not because they thought she'd be more in line with their own Israel/Palestine beliefs. It's because she's not a cenile old man. Policy-wise she's here to appeal to Biden's voter base.Lot of people that wasn't going to vote for Biden was going to vote for Harris,
No, I'm not twisting anything. You said "One of the main reasons people wanted him to step down." That implies that it's a bigger problem than it was. It was not a big problem at all because none of the people that preach this rhetoric vote. The reason I brought up the mental decline is because that's a much, much bigger problem to his electability. By like, several orders of magnitude.Why do I feel like you guys are purposely twisting what I'm saying? I'm talking about why certain people were vehemently against Biden, and you guys are talking about why Biden stepped down.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It wasn't aggressive, it was defensive. It was thin-skinned and weak, and he did it because he can't handle criticism.What do you all think of the NBAJ interview with Trump? I thought it was very aggressive tbh. Like fist swinging into the interview. And then the interview was cut short by his own Team. I'm not sure they wanted the Interview to go the way it did.
Show me evidence that they weren't going to vote!You're not losing any votes if they weren't going to vote in the first place!
That's like asking me to show you evidence that Black people won't vote for Republicans. Do historical trends not mean anything to you?Show me evidence that they weren't going to vote!
SudanWhat is third world? When you say immigrants, where are you thinking of?
It wasn't a main reason, people wanted him to step down because he embarrassed himself on national television and his polling numbers tanked. That and the Democratic apparatus finally accepted quietly what everyone knew for a while now.Is Harris aware that one of the main reasons why people wanted Biden to step down is because of his Zionism and defending Israel's evil actions while doing very little to help Palestinians? Does she remember how Andrew Yang fucked his own political career up playing both sides instead of supporting Palestine? Yeesh.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It means that Conservatives think that supplying your neighbor with food or shelter out of your own pocket is socialism instead of just human empathy. It's a remark about how Conservatives get out of their supposed responsibility to their societal brethren by calling policies that help those less fortunate than us "socialism", to scare other people away from it."One person’s socialism is another person's neighborliness."
I have no earthly idea of what that means.
The main thing is that bringing him into her camp means she potentially has to defend his positions and record. That's a win-win either way.I feel like everyone expected her to pick Shapiro, and the only reason she didn't is because he has skeletons that are easily exploited by the culture war MAGA crowd. Good idea to leave no glaring optics loss targets for them to attack. Plus, Walz seems to be a darling amongst the further left crowd so she can, at the very least, feign an attempt at appealing to further left voters long enough to get the few votes they have.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
We already have socialism, even republicans fucking love social security. The messaging and association isn't the issue here, it's people being stupid.Hmmm, fair I suppose? Democrats need to get of the socialism bandwagon at least. They aren't actually that and they'd be fools to want socialism anyways. And even then the word means a bunch of different things to a bunch of different people. Just yesterday I was watching a report where the honest to god framing was how in venezuela maduro turned people's neighbors into violent militants, guerrillas in all but name, more than ready to kill for the socialist cause. Clearly this isn't the context in the US but messaging wise it's awful. Almost as bad as "defunding the police" was.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
My stance there would be that social security isn't socialism.We already have socialism, even republicans fucking love social security. The messaging and association isn't the issue here, it's people being stupid.
Thankfully Mark Lamont Hill isn't braindead over this issue, but I have no idea if he's on CNN anymoreVan Jones isn't one of CNN's best. I remember his "Tonight Donald Trump has finally become president" gaffe. My guess is he assumed that the fact further left folks on twitter are over the moon over the Walz pick, that that means Walz is probably more aligned with their beliefs. In particular being pro-Palestine... which is easily misinterpreted as anti-semitic if you only pay attention to the most vocal people on social media.
Or Mangahelpers.
Why? It is 100% a socialist program and is probably the most popular government program we've ever hadMy stance there would be that social security isn't socialism.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---