American Politics

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welp. Another failed Trump attempt.

I do not, I repeat, do not condone political violence. Worst fucking timeline. Now comes the wait to find out what dude's political affiliation is.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,923
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
In fairness, if one more person tries to assassinate trump then kamala is going to at least have to stage an attempt on herself to have a chance.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I don't attack any Muslims or Palestinians for their ethnicity. I attack them for not voting Democrat. That's not bigotry because political affiliation is not an immutable characteristic. That's like saying me attacking a woman for voting Republican is mysoginistic. It's not. I attack Republican women for voting for the party that want to take their rights away. Just like the Muslims and Palestinians that would let a Republican (who wants them all out of the country) into the presidency.

Self destructive behavior is not laudable.
I wasn't talking about you, I'm talking about other Dems who, like you, for some reason don't care to show any sympathy or empathy for Palestinians losing their loved ones to genocide under Biden, a Democrat. Voting for a Dem can be self-destructive too, if not destructive, and they're not helping matters by trying to ban criticisms against Israel and ban BDS.

Welp. Another failed Trump attempt.

I do not, I repeat, do not condone political violence. Worst fucking timeline. Now comes the wait to find out what dude's political affiliation is.
Apparently, republican/Trump supporter. Unsure if this is true though. It doesn't make sense to see another failed attempt on Trump's life, it feels like Trump or his camp are staging this whole thing for support.



Shame none of the attempts have worked. Impossible to feel bad for someone who encourages attacks on minorities and wanted innocent people executed just because they were Black, to the point of putting ads in papers. And I didn't even mention Trump's history of sexual abuse.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
In fairness, if one more person tries to assassinate trump then kamala is going to at least have to stage an attempt on herself to have a chance.
You say that, but the last attempt came and went and... well, there wasn't any real consequences... and then the world forgot about it lol. There might've been a small bump in polls I think? Maybe? Either way, turns out this shooter was arrested in 2002 for barricading himself inside of building in NC. How the fuck did this guy still have access to guns after something like that?




So many layers to this
Yeah I saw that earlier. If something happens to her, he's not just complicit. He's an instigator.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I wasn't talking about you, I'm talking about other Dems who, like you, for some reason don't care to show any sympathy or empathy for Palestinians losing their loved ones to genocide under Biden, a Democrat. Voting for a Dem can be self-destructive too, if not destructive, and they're not helping matters by trying to ban criticisms against Israel and ban BDS.
You know why. I'll show empathy AFTER we win the election. You don't earn my support with blackmail, you just earn my disdain. Once I'm sure Leftists can't fuck up Kamala's win I'll forgive and forget. No sooner. No sooner.

Shame none of the attempts have worked. Impossible to feel bad for someone who encourages attacks on minorities and wanted innocent people executed just because they were Black, to the point of putting ads in papers. And I didn't even mention Trump's history of sexual abuse.
I don't feel bad for him either, but I still believe we've gotta condemn political assassinations wholeheartedly. Otherwise we get dissensitized to it and it becomes as commonplace as the mass shootings we have nowadays. I don't want presidents being replaced every 4 or 5 months because of the occasional assassination.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
In fairness, if one more person tries to assassinate trump then kamala is going to at least have to stage an attempt on herself to have a chance.
Nah, it'll be forgotten in a news cycle and a half. This time there's no video or sick photo-ops.

Of course none of these people are interested in having the conversation regarding why someone has apparently tried to kill this particular former president twice in the span of 2 months.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah we're already back to eating dogs and cats and "Vance and Trump creating stories"
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
You know why. I'll show empathy AFTER we win the election. You don't earn my support with blackmail, you just earn my disdain. Once I'm sure Leftists can't fuck up Kamala's win I'll forgive and forget. No sooner. No sooner.
That's not blackmail, wanting your people to stop being murdered is a normal thing. USA even had few protests on it because of cops' homicidal tendencies! Views like yours are what's making people realize that Dems are not that different from MAGA, they just hide their bigotry or shittiness better.

I don't feel bad for him either, but I still believe we've gotta condemn political assassinations wholeheartedly. Otherwise we get dissensitized to it and it becomes as commonplace as the mass shootings we have nowadays. I don't want presidents being replaced every 4 or 5 months because of the occasional assassination.
true but also in Trump's case, I feel like it's all staged to get him sympathy. Maybe the first attempt died out quickly so Trump or his camp asked to stage another one in hopes of getting that more attention.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
You know why. I'll show empathy AFTER we win the election. You don't earn my support with blackmail, you just earn my disdain. Once I'm sure Leftists can't fuck up Kamala's win I'll forgive and forget. No sooner. No sooner.
I thought Leftists and the issues they care about weren't relevant in electoral politics?
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought Leftists and the issues they care about weren't relevant in electoral politics?
They aren't. What am I missing?

EDIT: OH, you mean because they have the power to throw a wrench in the machine of the DNC, that gives them relevancy? If so, we are thinking of two different kinds of relevancy. I'm defining political relevancy by what people are willing to get activated for. To vote for. And I judge how much something is more or less relevant by majority.

This is what I mean by leftists aren't relevant. And not just because the demographic doesn't vote (which means they can't care that much) but they're willing to settle for the greater of two evils if it means they can shame the better of two evils into not being evil at all. You know: do the impossible?

Lotta words to just say fuck leftists. For now.
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,923
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Nah, it'll be forgotten in a news cycle and a half. This time there's no video or sick photo-ops.

Of course none of these people are interested in having the conversation regarding why someone has apparently tried to kill this particular former president twice in the span of 2 months.
I remember 2016 too well to not be skeptical of democrat's optimism about kamala.

I suppose it is kinda funny that the would be assassin voted for trump in 2016 though.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's not blackmail, wanting your people to stop being murdered is a normal thing.
Wanting your people to stop being murdered ISN'T the blackmail. It's the "I have this thing that will harm you unless you do what I say." part. The thing in this scenario is: the vote that will determine whether democracy dies or not.

Though admittedly, I used the wrong word. It isn't blackmail. Blackmail is specifically secret info that you're holding in order to force someone to do what you want under fear of having said info leaked. A better word would be extortion: obtaining something from someone through force or threats. In other words: "I'm threatening to vote Republican or not vote Democrat if you don't support Palestine."

USA even had few protests on it because of cops' homicidal tendencies! Views like yours are what's making people realize that Dems are not that different from MAGA, they just hide their bigotry or shittiness better.
That's unfortunate, but I'm not that torn up about it (anymore). Because I underestimated just how much more of us than there are than you. You know 400 THOUSAND people have just registered to vote in 24 hours just because Taylor Swift said so? How many of those 400k are anti Democrat do you think? How many are running around with watermelon face paint or keffiyeh?

Take note that vandalism, virtue signaling, anti-semitism, threats to throw the election, and a self-immolation was all negged by a single tweet from a pop star. I know it sounds like I'm rubbing it in, but I'm actually not, I'm just being so real with you right now: don't let perfect be the enemy of good. You can't win people over to your side the way you guys have been trying. You're just ostracizing normies and guaranteeing you'll never have the votes to get anything done.

Learn this lesson for the next time.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I remember 2016 too well to not be skeptical of democrat's optimism about kamala.

I suppose it is kinda funny that the would be assassin voted for trump in 2016 though.
I wasn't really commenting on the optimism tbh, just that it's kind of demonstrated that the first assassination attempt didn't have the impact most people assumed it would (Biden stepping down was a wrench there perhaps) and a second one that isn't done with a billion cameras around isn't as noteworthy either. It's a dud IMO.

Always found the political affiliation-hunting people go on whenever there's incidents like this kind of hilarious. It's very clear what kind of backgrounds and demographics make up the vast majority of political violence.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

They aren't. What am I missing?

EDIT: OH, you mean because they have the power to throw a wrench in the machine of the DNC, that gives them relevancy? If so, we are thinking of two different kinds of relevancy. I'm defining political relevancy by what people are willing to get activated for. To vote for. And I judge how much something is more or less relevant by majority.

This is what I mean by leftists aren't relevant. And not just because the demographic doesn't vote (which means they can't care that much) but they're willing to settle for the greater of two evils if it means they can shame the better of two evils into not being evil at all. You know: do the impossible?

Lotta words to just say fuck leftists. For now.
Harris could have put people's money where their mouths are by pledging to end the war and she would have won the race yesterday. Instead she insists upon false equivalencies. If that would have made no real difference then the sort of admonishment you insist upon would be more than justified, but that's not the world we live in unfortunately.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Harris could have put people's money where their mouths are by pledging to end the war and she would have won the race yesterday. Instead she insists upon false equivalencies. If it made no real difference then the sort of admonishment you insist upon would be more than justified, but that's not the world we live in unfortunately.
I super doubt it. She can't just say "I'm going to end the war" without taking a hard stance against either Israel or Palestine. Israeli supporters would probably get the wink and nod that they're not actually gonna go against Israeli machinations with any real fervor, but Palestinian supporters would too. Which means more hemming and hawing about who needs to be "dealt with". False equivalencies help with that. All she's gotta do is keep mentioning Hamas in the same breath as Israel and she's safe, because the average American really, really, really doesn't care about this conflict. Really. Lack of understanding (or willingness to understand) about the Israel/Palestine conflict combined with the sting of October 7th, and Leftist inability to criticize brown people makes it easy to be nonplussed about the plight of Palestinians or the pleas of Leftists concerned with said conflict.

It doesn't make any real difference if we're talking about enacting change for Palestine, or Palestinian supporters. It makes a difference for Dems in that we lose if we don't have enough votes, but for Palestinian Americans/Leftists, the fact that they go from a bad situation to a worse one means they aren't really the kind of "relevant" that I mean.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Always found the political affiliation-hunting people go on whenever there's incidents like this kind of hilarious. It's very clear what kind of backgrounds and demographics make up the vast majority of political violence.
Yeah, obvi... but you can't say that.
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,923
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I wasn't really commenting on the optimism tbh, just that it's kind of demonstrated that the first assassination attempt didn't have the impact most people assumed it would (Biden stepping down was a wrench there perhaps) and a second one that isn't done with a billion cameras around isn't as noteworthy either. It's a dud IMO.

Always found the political affiliation-hunting people go on whenever there's incidents like this kind of hilarious. It's very clear what kind of backgrounds and demographics make up the vast majority of political violence.
We clearly have very different newsfeeds. As far as i can tell trumps not riding the assassination wave anymore but things don't seem dire for him.

Yeah, in general it's not healthy to be out looking for an excuse to blame the entire other party of all the violence. And sure, the side with the most guns is most likely to use them in this case.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
We clearly have very different newsfeeds. As far as i can tell trumps not riding the assassination wave anymore but things don't seem dire for him.

Yeah, in general it's not healthy to be out looking for an excuse to blame the entire other party of all the violence. And sure, the side with the most guns is most likely to use them in this case.
I'm not talking about newsfeeds, I'm talking about what kind of impact it'll have. I don't believe there's a notable contingent of voters going "wow they keep trying to kill him, I NEED to vote for this guy" who aren't already voting for him.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm surprised no one brought up the detonated pagers yet. It's... pretty fucked up.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,923
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I'm surprised no one brought up the detonated pagers yet. It's... pretty fucked up.
pagers AND walkie talkies. It is deeply disturbing that a viable war tactic is targeting devices to explode. I want to know which countries can make which devices turn into bombs..... Or at least how israel is doing this. Jewish space laser?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm not talking about newsfeeds, I'm talking about what kind of impact it'll have. I don't believe there's a notable contingent of voters going "wow they keep trying to kill him, I NEED to vote for this guy" who aren't already voting for him.
I am not in the US but even I met folk who went something "I don't even like trump but seeing the guy immediately after being shot at was fucking inspiring". My newsfeed and twitter stuff were like that for a while as well (of course, this was at a time where Biden would have lost to anything). I suppose it's a bit of a separate discussion but as far as I can tell democrats had and have a serious problem with the latino vote and kamala isn't a solution to that (I do think there's a big difference between first and second/third generations latinos though).
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
pagers AND walkie talkies. It is deeply disturbing that a viable war tactic is targeting devices to explode. I want to know which countries can make which devices turn into bombs..... Or at least how israel is doing this. Jewish space laser?
I'm assuming (and I wanna emphasize this is just an assumption) that they snuck some sort of combustable agent into the pagers while they were being manufatured. Something that explodes once the lithium batteries are forced to overheat. Then you just send signals to these pagers through whatever method they normally recieve signals from that overheats the batteries and boom.
 
Top