American Politics

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm asking you as you know more about those two than I do, and you're not biased towards destiny like ninjabot is.
So being biased against Destiny doesn't count as bias? Only being biased towards him does?

At this point I think it's warranted to have a thread to discuss toxic and inflammatory political commentators.
If we can have a year long discussion about Israeli and Palestinian politics in an American Politics thread, we can absolutely have a 2 week long discussion about American political commentators. I'd argue it's more legitimate of a topic, since it's actual American politics.

For example, fans of debaters often become more convinced to apply the logic of conflict to a political discussion (because the streamer they follow does, because that is what his audience clicks). Someone has to win and someone has to lose. Facts are weapons. That is a logic that is really flawed in my opinion, but it is popular. I am old enough to remember the good old atheist vs muslim debates in which each side claimed to have destroyed each other. I can assure you that none of these destructions had any real effect except making people angrier at each other.
I still watch them nowadays. Huge Matt Dillahunty, Alex O'Connor, Christopher Hitchens, and Sam Harris fan. But debate isn't intended to change the opinion of your opponent, it's intended to change the minds of the audience, and it does indeed do that. I watch debate because it allows me to hear arguments from both "my side" and from a side that I would never spend time getting to know because maybe I hate the people promoting those other ideas in any other situation, but by knowing "my guy" is fighting them in the battlefield of ideas gives them that chance to reach me with their ides.

What do you mean here by me hoping to sway people from stepping out of their echo chambers? That is a pretty heavy accusation (not just for me, also for the others). But I can assure you that nothing is further from the truth. I did not know who he even is until like 2 days ago and I find Hasan obnoxious. There is no hidden motive, just my honest opinion. Why would I do anything else?
Literally exactly that. No hyperbole, no retcon, no mistake. You said that political streamers shouldn't be trusted in general. You also said that Destiny shouldn't be trusted about anything ever, because of his correct takes on sexual assault. xi0 admitted he's probably right about some things (understatement of the century), but doesn't care because he finds him repugnant. M3J exclusively relies on biased accounts like his mortal enemy Hasan Piker, and someone else with negative opinions about him (xi0) in order to dismiss any of his political takes. You're literally ALL trying to protect yourselves from the horrors of learning truths from someone that's not as Left as you are, while claiming it's correct to do so.

For the record, my criticism was not about "mean words", my criticism is that Destiny's attacks against that woman show a severe lack of knowledge about rape. But for argument's sake, I want to ask you: If my criticism would just be that destiny was behaving unethically by mocking a rape survivor without need, would that not be a very fair criticism? You said:
It was. It was about mean words. You won't cop to it because you know it trivializes your argument, but it absolutely a thousand percent is. Destiny used mean words to give correct advice to an SA victim.

But why is it more important to you that he is "right", than that he is in the wrong?
I have no idea how to engage with this question. I don't know what you're asking me. I don't know why anyone would ask the question "Why is it important to be right." I don't know ANYONE that believes truth is a bad thing. Even inconvenient truths are valued more than blissful lies, because they always come to light and cause more problems than the truth would have in the beginning. ESPECIALLY when that inconvenient truth potentially saves someone's fucking life. Tough love isn't a toxically masculine trait. It's a necessary evil. Destiny is right on both accounts. He just is. And even if he wasn't, he's right on the only account that matters: the one that saves this dumb girl's life.

shionoro said:
I think that kind of debate logic here narrows the view on the issue, which, in this case, is much larger than the question of whether her rape could have been prevented by other behavior or not.
I disagree.

It is a true statement that she wouldnt get dateraped if she would never have sex again.
Still not his claim. His statement was that if she does not have the undersanding of boundaries and will to maintain them required for casual sexual relationships she should not engage in casual sex. He said nothing about sex with someone that cares about her longer than "what can I say to get in this girl's pants".

It is also a true statement that there would not be teen pregnancies if teenagers did not have sex. But I think taking that stance on teen pregnancies shows one knows nothing about the complex issue of teens and sexuality, much like I think that applying this "gotcha" debate logic against a rape victim is very problematic and leads to false conclusion and actions.
Your argument is a false equivalence, so you're the one coming to false conclusions. Just engage with what he actually, literally said: casual sex encounters aren't like monogamous sex encounters.
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
So being biased against Destiny doesn't count as bias? Only being biased towards him does?
I am not biased against him. My knowing he's a piece of shit is based on what you said about him and what some sources have said about him, especially Wikipedia, as well as what xi0 has said to me. Like, the more you talked about destiny and defended him, from him saying the 'n' word to him berating a victim of sexual assault and victim blaming her, the worse of a person he looked.


But the more liberals/Dems like you and destiny talk, and rage, the more you guys reveal yourself to be fascist and not that much different from Trump supporters. Except, you guys disguise it better. Oh well.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am not biased against him. My knowing he's a piece of shit is based on what you said about him and what some sources have said about him, especially Wikipedia, as well as what xi0 has said to me. Like, the more you talked about destiny and defended him, from him saying the 'n' word to him berating a victim of sexual assault and victim blaming her, the worse of a person he looked.
...

No, M3J. I said that xi0 is biased against Destiny, so it's dumb of you to claim "I'm going to ask you because you're not biased towards him like ninjabot is". Because he's biased AGAINST Destiny. It's still bias you ABSOLUTE GENIUS.

But the more liberals/Dems like you and destiny talk, and rage, the more you guys reveal yourself to be fascist and not that much different from Trump supporters. Except, you guys disguise it better. Oh well.
Cool.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I fear you conflate valid criticism against Destiny with being biased against Destiny.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My like for Destiny and his dislike for Destiny both being taken into consideration when determining whether criticisms about Destiny are justified should disqualify both of us, or neither of us. That's the point.

You can't say "ninjabot is biased in favor of Destiny, so I can't take anything he says about him seriously, or trust him to give good criticism of him." While simultaenously thinking that xi0 can provide good criticism of him without letting his disgust color his crticisms.

I'm just pointing out you don't give a shit about a fair critique. You want validation, not verification.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Nah, I've seen xi0 talk about Destiny enough to think he could actually be unbiased or fair enough towards Destiny. Though, depending on his source as well.


Also:


Yeah, USA keeps proving it's beyond evil. If Dems are allowing innocent people to be murdered in a different country, then they can easily sacrifice American citizens as well.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nah, I've seen xi0 talk about Destiny enough to think he could actually be unbiased or fair enough towards Destiny. Though, depending on his source as well.
No you haven't. But nothing positive's gonna come from going back and forth on this so I'll drop it.

Yeah, USA keeps proving it's beyond evil. If Dems are allowing innocent people to be murdered in a different country, then they can easily sacrifice American citizens as well.
How does that track? How does not caring about the deaths of foreigners translate into not caring about the deaths of fellow countrymen? Empathy only extends a certain distance, and unfortunately hundreds of thousands of miles away is too far away.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
If Biden and Harris are okay with Israel committing genocide because it serves USA's interest, then it makes sense that they're okay with letting American citizens die as well. Israel has killed American citizens but have not seen any repercussion for that. Biden has the power to stop arming Israel and even stop the genocide, but he chooses not to. One can safely assume he'd be willing to lose American lives to serve his or USA's interest.
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think you can put attach a single thing to the Democrats' loss this cycle. There's a lot of things in play.

The DNC never really challenged Biden as the nominee. In the debate that was ultimately his undoing, he made a comment about how people use to say he's too young, and now that he's too old. Youth can grow, and learn. Old people aren't known for that, especially beyond 80. Then, when it was clear he couldn't continue, they pretty much unilaterally propelled one of the most unpopular candidates in modern Democrat Party History to carry the torch.

The DNC is too focused on getting the "firsts" of things. They are going to keep losing elections if they insist on not listening to their voters and putting candidates they "think" should be president on the ticket. They've pigeonholed themselves into their views to the point where Kamala barely brought up LGBTQ+ but if you ask voters they will convey that their understanding is the Democrat Party wants to prioritize letting biological men compete in sports and use the womens' bathroom.

Kamala refusing to do an interview with Joe Rogan, who despite being a cock, has a large viewership (some of whom are independent) that she could have appealed to.

The USA has so few social safety nets that when the economy is bad you really have to have some impressive and interesting things to say about that, and that only, to win.

Take it from the me of July:

Kamala is going to get her ass handed to her by Trump. Democrats seem to hyperfocus on the misogyny and racism of the Republican Party while forgetting that many of their own voters carry those traits.

This is going to be Hillary / Trump 2.0.

Too bad we can't throw Jon Stewart into the running. Fight "celebrity" with a much better articulated and charismatic celebrity.
If the Democrats want to win an election they need to start building that candidate now. The candidate needs to appeal to the masses. They need to stop snubbing their own party and start building a candidate now. They, and their more loyal voters, seem to have a misunderstanding of what kind of candidate will win an election at this point. I now constantly hear people say we should prop up Pete Buttigieg, and it makes me wonder if the party consists of mostly dementia patients. I'm not sure what universe they think a homosexual could win the presidency when it seems like the "DEI hire" attacks by the right are incredibly successful. They need someone low-risk, and likeable. Stop trying to shoe in the first female president, and start worrying about the fact that Republicans have stacked the Supreme Court, elected what is essentially a pro-Russia fascist who will allow Israel to steamroll Gaza, and allowing the world's richest troll to influence our politics in unprecedented levels.

They handed the future of Americans to a fucking psychopath in hopes they could get an unpopular woman candidate in, and they are now acting surprised Pikachu face about the results.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Super fun to see someone from a member of the political aisle that always loses to try to tell Dems why they lost. Some of Cenk's arguments are arguments we've heard in this very thread.
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If Biden and Harris are okay with Israel committing genocide because it serves USA's interest, then it makes sense that they're okay with letting American citizens die as well. Israel has killed American citizens but have not seen any repercussion for that. Biden has the power to stop arming Israel and even stop the genocide, but he chooses not to. One can safely assume he'd be willing to lose American lives to serve his or USA's interest.
I mean we live in a country where you can call the cops, then get shot to death by the cops you called, then those cops get placed on paid leave for an internal investigation by their Union who will absolve them of any guilt and have them right back in play within a few months. Then you have to settle out of court with no admission of guilt by the PD and no closure while your family gets to enjoy your murderer working as a civil servant with a gun. I think Americans as collateral damage in the middle east are sadly not a priority for any administration.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I will answer to the rest, too, but before that:

Literally exactly that. No hyperbole, no retcon, no mistake. You said that political streamers shouldn't be trusted in general. You also said that Destiny shouldn't be trusted about anything ever, because of his correct takes on sexual assault. xi0 admitted he's probably right about some things (understatement of the century), but doesn't care because he finds him repugnant. M3J exclusively relies on biased accounts like his mortal enemy Hasan Piker, and someone else with negative opinions about him (xi0) in order to dismiss any of his political takes. You're literally ALL trying to protect yourselves from the horrors of learning truths from someone that's not as Left as you are, while claiming it's correct to do so.
If we go by that logic, do you not think your personal bias is a lot bigger if you say things like this:

Finally, if there is any political commentator who can be trusted to be knowledgeable about anything, it's Destiny. Whoever you're thinking of as being out of his league probably has already spoken to Destiny and been either destroyed, or defeated handily. Or they simply had a good conversattion.
You think Destiny can be trusted to be knowledgeable about ANYTHING. In a world in which special knowledge is so huge that even decade long experts would not claim that even about their own field. You put so much trust and respect into this person that you have a far bigger threat of bias than I do if I just do not care for streamers and find what Destiny says wrong (tell you the reasons). I have no emotional stake in that game.

You also believe that my aim is to sway people away from destiny and your argument for that is because I said he shouldnt be trusted if he has takes i find both factually wrong and abhorrent on rape victims. How is that a good argument? I never engaged in Destiny's content and outside of talking to you, I likely never will. This Board has like 3, maybe 4 people talking about him. If my aim was to sway people away from Destiny, do you not think I would rather use a social medium for that plan?

I am talking to you, as a personal discussion, about why I think political streamers in general and destiny in particular are not deserving of the trust and attention you (and others) give them. There is not more to it. Honestly, I find it worrying that you see a hidden motive behind it.

If you tell me right now that it bothers you if we talk about Destiny and you do not want to bring this topic up again, I stop. The only reason I even started talking about him was because you brought him up and preemtively wanted to defend him to be from xi0 and mj3 and I found your defense of him more incriminating than everything I ever heard about him before (which wasn't a lot), and that is what I told you truthfully.

But if you want to discuss this (and I am very willing to do this), I would rather have you know that I am talking to you as a human, I am not leading a debate in which I want to convince any other spectators. And by all means, if you wanna consume Destiny's content or any other streamer, be my guest.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The DNC is too focused on getting the "firsts" of things. They are going to keep losing elections if they insist on not listening to their voters and putting candidates they "think" should be president on the ticket. They've pigeonholed themselves into their views to the point where Kamala barely brought up LGBTQ+ but if you ask voters they will convey that their understanding is the Democrat Party wants to prioritize letting biological men compete in sports and use the womens' bathroom.
In her defense, literally millions of dollars was spent on a "Kamala is for They/Them, Trump is for you" campaign. This was the podcast election, and all the big podcasts are rightwing chuds. Combine that with 8 years of breaking down America's trust of the media while Elon Musk controls the public square, and the Left's avoidance of platforming people from the Right to fight their bad ideas, the Right has absolute control over the narrative. You hear what they want you to hear.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,285
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
If the Democrats want to win an election they need to start building that candidate now. The candidate needs to appeal to the masses. They need to stop snubbing their own party and start building a candidate now. They, and their more loyal voters, seem to have a misunderstanding of what kind of candidate will win an election at this point. I now constantly hear people say we should prop up Pete Buttigieg, and it makes me wonder if the party consists of mostly dementia patients. I'm not sure what universe they think a homosexual could win the presidency when it seems like the "DEI hire" attacks by the right are incredibly successful. They need someone low-risk, and likeable. Stop trying to shoe in the first female president, and start worrying about the fact that Republicans have stacked the Supreme Court, elected what is essentially a pro-Russia fascist who will allow Israel to steamroll Gaza, and allowing the world's richest troll to influence our politics in unprecedented levels.

They handed the future of Americans to a fucking psychopath in hopes they could get an unpopular woman candidate in, and they are now acting surprised Pikachu face about the results.
I don't think democrats necessarily need to start building a candidate now. Arguably they have been working sort of like that and it's not been effective. democrats have first and foremost a policy issue. No one knows what they stand for. Perception is at large that democrats only care about culture war stuff. Trump beat democrats on policy. TWICE. And that considering trump is a lunatic with no real policy or plans, just catchphrases which he will throw at his minions in hopes that it will turn into something that works. BUilding a candidate now is problematic considering the already bad optics of the processes which resulted in hillary's and kamala's nomination. democrats need to shake off the culture war stuff and the only shred of hope they can have at that is a having a real platform which they can communicate effectively. After that candidates can be left to primaries.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If we go by that logic, do you not think your personal bias is a lot bigger if you say things like this:
Obviously. But that's not my point. I'm fine accepting my biases and correcting for them.

You think Destiny can be trusted to be knowledgeable about ANYTHING. In a world in which special knowledge is so huge that even decade long experts would not claim that even about their own field.
Only the things that he can demonstrate he's correct about. And it's a good thing Destiny isn't a therapist held to the laws of some ethics board or you'd have a point.

You also believe that my aim is to sway people away from destiny and your argument for that is because I said he shouldnt be trusted if he has takes i find both factually wrong and abhorrent on rape victims. How is that a good argument? I never engaged in Destiny's content and outside of talking to you, I likely never will. This Board has like 3, maybe 4 people talking about him. If my aim was to sway people away from Destiny, do you not think I would rather use a social medium for that plan?
I didn't mean to imply you have a vendetta against him to ruin his reputation broadly. I meant, currently, in this thread, you're being hyperbolic because he made you angry, and the way to strike back is to reduce him to someone that shouldn't be listened to by us, here, in this thread. You didn't say "I'm not going to listen to him because he's mean" you said "No one should listen to him about anything." That's a prescription for everyone here.

I am talking to you, as a personal discussion, about why I think political streamers in general and destiny in particular are not deserving of the trust and attention you (and others) give them. There is not more to it. Honestly, I find it worrying that you see a hidden motive behind it.
I was being glib. You don't want to stop people from stepping out of their echo chamber. But you're using rhetoric that stops people from hearing from someone outside of their echo chamber, so it's a side effect of your wording.

If you tell me right now that it bothers you if we talk about Destiny and you do not want to bring this topic up again, I stop. The only reason I even started talking about him was because you brought him up and preemtively wanted to defend him to be from xi0 and mj3 and I found your defense of him more incriminating than everything I ever heard about him before (which wasn't a lot), and that is what I told you truthfully.
It doesn't bother me talking about him at all. I wouldn't keep posting his content if I didn't want to bring your attention to him. Just because I'm attacking you for being biased doesn't mean I don't want to talk about it. There'd be no problem if you could attack his ideas instead of his tone though. Maybe you think you're attacking his ideas instead of his tone. Maybe you think I'm wrong for pointing it out his argument is right despite being aggressive. But I have the benefit of knowing the full extent of his content from 2016 to now. And you've got tweets from angry anti-fans and clip-chimped examples of him saying mean things. That's not enough to deduce he shouldn't be trusted on anything.

But if you want to discuss this (and I am very willing to do this), I would rather have you know that I am talking to you as a human, I am not leading a debate in which I want to convince any other spectators.
Well I won't go after this point too much because it's starting to sound like pedantry from my side. Attacking you for saying he shouldn't be trusted instead of saying "I wouldn't trust him" seems like a moot point to be hung up on. Even if I believe it.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,285
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
If we can have a year long discussion about Israeli and Palestinian politics in an American Politics thread, we can absolutely have a 2 week long discussion about American political commentators. I'd argue it's more legitimate of a topic, since it's actual American politics.
I'd say that toxic people who talk about politics being politics is giving youtubers too much credit. This is celebrity gossip adjacent at least. Except without the celebrity part... Israel in turn works as a branch of US in that side of the world, specially on the international stage. It's got significant amount of support from significant voter bases and by all appearances trump is incredibly pro israel and deeply anti palestinian.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'd say that toxic people who talk about politics being politics is giving youtubers too much credit.
That ship has long since sailed, thanks in part to Tucker Carlson being the biggest political pundit for decades and then bringing his viewer base (mostly) with him to alt-media in the form of twitter, the efforts of Daily Wire, Trump turning America against news media, and many a cishet white dude podcast. You don't have to like it, but that's the world you live in now if you're an American. Legacy media is becoming less and less prominent.

This is celebrity gossip adjacent at least. Except without the celebrity part... Israel in turn works as a branch of US in that side of the world, specially on the international stage. It's got significant amount of support from significant voter bases and by all appearances trump is incredibly pro israel and deeply anti palestinian.
Then that's American politics adjacent.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
If the Democrats want to win an election they need to start building that candidate now. The candidate needs to appeal to the masses. They need to stop snubbing their own party and start building a candidate now. They, and their more loyal voters, seem to have a misunderstanding of what kind of candidate will win an election at this point. I now constantly hear people say we should prop up Pete Buttigieg, and it makes me wonder if the party consists of mostly dementia patients. I'm not sure what universe they think a homosexual could win the presidency when it seems like the "DEI hire" attacks by the right are incredibly successful. They need someone low-risk, and likeable. Stop trying to shoe in the first female president, and start worrying about the fact that Republicans have stacked the Supreme Court, elected what is essentially a pro-Russia fascist who will allow Israel to steamroll Gaza, and allowing the world's richest troll to influence our politics in unprecedented levels.

They handed the future of Americans to a fucking psychopath in hopes they could get an unpopular woman candidate in, and they are now acting surprised Pikachu face about the results.
They don't want a candidate that appeals to the masses, they want a candidate that'll fall in line with what they want, as we saw in 2016. Buttigieg has the potential to win, regardless of what the right claim, but he has to have policies that people can get behind, which Bernie had. I think what happened to Harris would have been Clinton's fate (losing popular vote) and Biden's had they not run against Trump.

I think in Harris's case though, Biden force-picked her when he stepped down and took away the opportunity for Dems to do a primary, if Pelosi isn't lying. Again, if Dems cared about the people or about winning, they'd have let Bernie run and supported him in 2016.

I don't think they're too surprised, but they're blaming everyone but themselves. Clinton blamed everyone but herself, and it seems Dems do not want to learn their lessons. They lost because they kept fucking up, and I think they'd have done far better if they had more progressive policies and went for appealing to their voter base AND the left instead of moderates and anti-Trump republicans. I know I said this multiple times already, but they did that last election and won, didn't want to do it this election and lost even the popular vote!

Harris is unpopular but she had a lot of momentum behind her, she still could have won. However she, Biden, and other Dems (politicians and voters) slowed her momentum down with their attitudes and words, while Trump had Biden's current term to use as a weapon, especially against those who don't know anything about economy.

Democrats shat the bed, and they look poised to shit it again with how they're behaving and blaming everyone else. Voters are proving to be horrible people and possibly driving away independent or left voters as well, from what I see.

I mean we live in a country where you can call the cops, then get shot to death by the cops you called, then those cops get placed on paid leave for an internal investigation by their Union who will absolve them of any guilt and have them right back in play within a few months. Then you have to settle out of court with no admission of guilt by the PD and no closure while your family gets to enjoy your murderer working as a civil servant with a gun. I think Americans as collateral damage in the middle east are sadly not a priority for any administration.
Oh to add to that, politicians are also giving the same cops more money and doing absolutely nothing to reduce the violence or have them be held accountable, other than talking.






I didn't really dive into this, but the first page of Google does seem to bring up him being a misogynist. I'd trust Hasan on Middle East affairs after fact checking, but both he and destiny are not trustworthy sources, destiny even less so. Fuck 'em both.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States

This is what Hasan used to do before he learned the socialist grift was more lucrative for him: Brotips. He was a less abrasive Andrew Tate. I didn't bother posting any of this, or the story about the brothel where he fucked hookers shortly before the brothel was investigated for having underage sex workers there... or the story about the 17-year old girl he allegedly fucked in his mid 20's, because I hate his politics. I don't need to attack his character to make his politics look bad.

I wish Destiny's detractors had the same integrity.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I didn't mean to imply you have a vendetta against him to ruin his reputation broadly. I meant, currently, in this thread, you're being hyperbolic because he made you angry, and the way to strike back is to reduce him to someone that shouldn't be listened to by us, here, in this thread. You didn't say "I'm not going to listen to him because he's mean" you said "No one should listen to him about anything." That's a prescription for everyone here.
I said he cannot be trusted because he has shown to have very strong opinions with very little knowledge in the matter of rape. That is a facutal issue I have with him. It makes me angry that someone who knows so little then humiliates a woman while claiming intellectual superiority on the matter, but that is hardly something I am doing wrong. It also makes me angry Hasan said that baby settlers thing and you have no issue with that.

You claim that I am not talking about the facts, but when I started bringing up factual questions about your argumentation, you didnt answer them last time we talked about this (namely, what is the exact mechanism that Destiny's actions here protect women from rape and what is the mechanism that the woman who made this tweet leads to any negative consequence for rape victims?)

So we can absolutely go through this matter tweet by tweet and look at what Destiny actually said and what that woman actually said and why I think he is BOTH obviously misinformed and unethical.

And you've got tweets from angry anti-fans and clip-chimped examples of him saying mean things. That's not enough to deduce he shouldn't be trusted on anything.
I am not saying anything about other content where he might have been right. I am saying that someone who takes a topic as delicate as rape and is so horribly wrong about it and ALSO, in ADDITION to being wrong so insanely vile, should not be trusted on any other topic. Not knowing any other of Hasan's content, I wouldnt trust him either after the baby settlers thing. Because it is obviousl he felt very comfortable saying dangerous bullshit about a very delicate topic without any remorse or reflection, and it is very likely that he moves like that with other topics, too. Much like Destiny.

And for the record, it is not like I think the other stances you cited in your defense of him were right 8for example the BLM one). But why talk about more than one instead of the one I found most indefensible?

I was being glib. You don't want to stop people from stepping out of their echo chamber. But you're using rhetoric that stops people from hearing from someone outside of their echo chamber, so it's a side effect of your wording.
Which people? We are not in a debate. Who here is in an echo chamber and prevented by me listening to destiny? There is no basis for that accusation in a thread with less than 10 active participants. By that same logic, I could accuse you of just showing destiny in a good light because you want people to join the cult. But that would be unfair of me, right? Because you are just speaking your mind.

It doesn't bother me talking about him at all. I wouldn't keep posting his content if I didn't want to bring your attention to him. Just because I'm attacking you for being biased doesn't mean I don't want to talk about it. There'd be no problem if you could attack his ideas instead of his tone though. Maybe you think you're attacking his ideas instead of his tone. Maybe you think I'm wrong for pointing it out his argument is right despite being aggressive. But I have the benefit of knowing the full extent of his content from 2016 to now. And you've got tweets from angry anti-fans and clip-chimped examples of him saying mean things. That's not enough to deduce he shouldn't be trusted on anything.
But I am attacking his ideas. This is as if i attacked Donald Trump for saying Mexicans bring crime and saying that is racist bullshit, because the issue of crime is far more complex than that. It is both unethical (because it makes mexicans a target) AND it is misinformed because shutting out mexicans is not going to ease crime. Two things, something being unethical and being wrong, are not mutually exclusive. In fact they often go together, and this case is one of them.

Maybe we can go like this: What about his argument was being right exactly?

This is the original tweet:
"a dude slipped his condom off during sex after I asked him to wear one this week and it’s been bothering me, but I was too awkward to say anything. not even the first time this has happened, stop doing this men !!

There are no details in this tweet. It is unclear whether she noticed while the act was happening, just that she didnt say anything here. She specifies in the comments that she did not think about it as SA when it happened, but later thought about it that way. There is nothing indicating here that she is not an adult able of consent. This is a situation in which most people would be confused at first and get angry later when they think about it. We do not know whether she or both were drunk, what the circumstances were or anything else.

Destiny then retweets a user called WindMaves (I have no picture source but I can link you the video on youtube), who retweeted the original tweet and added: "If you knew he took off the condom and you couldnt even bring yourself to say anything, you shouldn't be having casual sex."

This is not a statement of fact. This is a statement of OPINION and a stupid one at that. Because a) he implies that she knew about the condom being taken off and b) it is a stupid stance that a woman should not have sex (casual or else) if she does not fight back in a scary situation. Quite a lot of women (and men) would not go as far as to fight someone who sexually assaulted them (because it is dangerous). Claiming that is the norm is like saying "you cannot complain if you got robbed when you didnt fight back". This is because it is a scary situation that might bring physical danger if you fight back, so it is not irrational to first bring yourself out of danger. To claim someone SHOULD fight back OR BE MOCKED FOR IT, is, as I said, an opinion and not one that matches reality or is commonly used in other potentially dangerous situations.

But destiny liked this very stupid opinion. There is nothing factually correct about that (being an opinion), he just liked it. He could just aswell have liked the opinion "Real men would never get raped", it would be just as misguided and there is nothing that inherently can be called correct or incorrect about it because it is an opinion.

But destiny even doubled down here, not knowing any context at all, but feeling like he should absolutely humiliate this rape victim. He said [source in the link below]:

"She literally said "it felt awkward" to watch a guy stealh her. Just voice an opinion, have a little bit of agency over your life, you don't have to be a victim all the time, and you sure as fuck can't expect to be treated like an adult if you won't act like one."

He follows the OPINION of the other guys and even states that a woman who does not speak out in such a potentially dangerous situation should not be seen as an adult. Again, nothing about that is factual. That is his opinion and not one that takes the danger of the situation into account. And he adds a moral dimension himself here, not talking about anything factual but claiming she "has to be the victim all the time" without ever having interacted with her aside from reading one tweet. He makes up a person there without knowing her or the context, without any basis except that she does not like it if men take off the condom without her consent and was afraid after one man did that to her.

Then the woman replied to Destiny, saying:


"dude I've been actually raped and saying no just made him rape me harder. I noticed what had happened after he pulled out, it's not incomprehensible that I would rather just want to walk away from that situation than start a confrontation."

So she clears up that both tweeters got the context wrong. She didn't know he took off the condom until after the act. Speaking out would have meant to face someone who already crossed one boundary without even anything to gain (because the situation was over). She added that she already made the experience of rape, in which she clearly said "no" and the man just got even rougher with her. So she already had that horrible experience of men not accepting this boundary once and even being more rough to her and that is why she preferred to keep silent in that situation. That is completely rational behavior and she did nothing wrong about that. Whether ethically or factually, there is nothing irrational in about her actions. It isn't even clear what kind of sex she had, what her relationship to both men was or any of the context. That is all headcanon.

Destiny replied to that in his stream, laughing his ass off about her phrasing "he raped me harder". He then says it seems like she should not have casual sex (again claiming to know whether the sex was casual or with someone she knew). What exactly is "right" about that? He doubled down on his OPINION without taking the context of the situation or the new facts into account or making any factual statement.

He first said she should have spoken out, then she says she did, then he laughs and keep humiliating her. She did what he said she should have done, and Destiny still thinks she is stupid and worthy of mockery.

Please tell me what exactly was right, "technically" or otherwise, about what he said? That women shouldnt have sex unless they can fight off men or die trying? That a woman who was raped once should never have sex again if she is afraid when another man oversteps her boundaries? What is the actual argument here?
 
Last edited:
Top