But it is good republicans won, having the majority, right? Saying everything else would be anti-democratic in your logic.Because I agree with the policies they promote. I disagree with the ones Republicans promote.
You think that Kamala Harris, a person who has access to experts, advisors and the best quality of data, understood back in 2020 that fracking was bad and destroying our planet. But in 2024, when we had even more evidence on that, she suddenly changed her mind about it and thought it should not be banned. Do you really think that is even believable? On which basis? What evidence changed for the better for fracking?Whatever. I'm not arguing thought crimes. I can't prove what was in her head, and neither can you. And I can't trust you to be objective about it either.
That is another claim you cannot back up, you just choose to believe it without doing the research. The same really goes for most other things you push forward. You take an easy option to deny any discussion by just claiming a thing you heard other people say about a matter. And I think that is a problem if you want to get closer to the truth.And if said leftist understands the economy they'd ease up on the fracking ban crusade because a damaged economy harms people too. Another fantastical choice that can't be accomplished by ignoring context. There's no virtue in unrealistic adherance to an emotional crusade despite the fact that it'll absolutely fail.
Why? Are you an American exceptionalist that thinks all US citizens are aliens unlike any other human on earth? Finland had a huge homelessness problem, so do other countries, including drugs, including mental health issues. Other countries, let me tell you, have big urban areas too with a huge homeless population. Even if you think the US has some places which are significantly worse, it also has many places which are better. Finland is a country of 5 million people with a capital of 600.000 people, as big as Boston. It cannot be compared with New York, but it can be compared with most places in the US.If they're all comparisons to policy from non-American countries, don't waste my time.
So what is your reason here why something that works very, very well in another place cannot, with some adjustments, be done in the US? Its not like addiction is not a thing in Europe.
No, you have a rightwing thinktank that is funded by a tech billionaire and campaigns against homeless people with the help of prager U and that uses the worst possible framing to discredit housing first policies in the US. Housing first policies work in many places of the world, including the US. it is just that Finland followed that strategy with the highest ambition and as such is the best example of what this policy can achieve.All this means is we're at an impass. You've got a source that focuses on non-American statistics. I've got American statistics from a right-wing source. You have an ideological need to ignore my source, and I have a logical need to ignore yours.
It is. I offered you to talk about any singular point you want from this sham of an article. You have chosen not to take that offer up.When your response to said source is just "They're right-wing so I can't trust them", that's not a damning response to my ability to do research. You haven't refuted any of it, you've dismissed it. Which is fine.
And I'm really starting to think you people don't understand why bias is considered a bad thing, because you attack bias from other people and ignore your own. Bias is bad for everyone, not just your political opponents. Dismissing rightwing information because it's rightwing is still bias. You're not right because you can morally justify ignoring information from a particular source, because your indignation doesn't determine truth.
It is definitely a bad show for your will to research if you dig out the first biased source you find after 5 min of googling and base your entire opinion on that and your own personal bias that it doesnt work.
I mean, what is next? Will you bring forward some alex jones videos and ask me to debunk claims about homeless people actually being lizards?
Feel free to make your own points and back them up, but please dont just copypasta bullshit you didnt research yourself properly. Or at least limit it to one point at a time and not some copypasta.
Which type of homeless does america have that finland does not have?...what do you think universally applicable means? It means it can be applied anywhere. And your evidence that it can work anywhere... is the fact that it worked somewhere?
Subsidized Housing offered permanently for some people. How many homeless people do you think there is? And how many is "some"? How many millions do you think that "some" amount would come to?
This is absolutely fucking insane if you're saying what I think you're saying. If you think there should be no conditions that determine whether a person should be trusted with housing or not, then I'm done taking you seriously on this topic.
And as for cost effectiveness, your source says that it's found mixed evidence on that. It says it several times actually. Hmmm.
Last edited: