Shounen Asklepios by Uchimizu Tohru

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't even go there... "House" is better in just about every aspect (except action because there really isn't any) by light-years...
 

kaloo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
204
Reaction score
1
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just a tad... and by a tad I mean yes. Yes I am.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
tags, since it's about the recent chapter:
two things:firstly that happy face of evil is getting on my nerves and secondly: with injuries like that Pare could be the first "main" character to die, or someone is going to miraculously save him and they stay in the same place for another two chapters though they are meant to travel... I begin to understand why it's not well received in Japan T.T
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
tags, since it's about the recent chapter:
two things:firstly that happy face of evil is getting on my nerves and secondly: with injuries like that Pare could be the first "main" character to die, or someone is going to miraculously save him and they stay in the same place for another two chapters though they are meant to travel... I begin to understand why it's not well received in Japan T.T
Spoiler tag for the same reason:

I'm confused... so would you rather have Pare die or not? I say he should... Asklepios can't always succeed, and we've seen enough successes already... or is this where Buzz's "God's Eye" comes in to do some miraculous cure..?

Yeah, I can see why this won't fly for a lot of people...
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
sorry for not answering that fast:
yes I would rather have Pare die, which seems to have happend if I can believe wikipedia (the chapter title is implying it too tough).
it's an interesting turn in the story and imo absolutely needed from the beginning on to show the "Asklepios" the limits of his ability.

sadly it doesn't get scanned/translated steadily (especially on a WE with early release...) so I don't really know.

so with constantly ranking at the bottom of TOC, do you think it will go on much longer? :(
 

mith

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
when will buzz(fucking stupid name)make a child? i mean he should be getting a son asap cause the young one needs to learn and asklepioses seem to rarely grow older than 3x years
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
when will buzz(fucking stupid name)make a child? i mean he should be getting a son asap cause the young one needs to learn and asklepioses seem to rarely grow older than 3x years
Come on now, Buzz can't be more than what... 15 years old or something as of now? Let him be at least 18, lol
 

nxlouco

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
810
Reaction score
92
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well Pare dies.... :( too bad. But maybe this is like a sign Asklepios will also end soon. I mean the way TOC is going it seems they're going to pack it up soon.....
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
yh, you're right - it seems as if its coming to an end storywise. although it could easily go on if it would get more love :notrust
 

nxlouco

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
810
Reaction score
92
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well too bad that doesn't depend on us...... No matter how much a series is like by our communities we won't make a difference. Going back to topic I wonder what will happen now? I haven't seen chapter 11 RAW yet....
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All I've got to say about Chapter 11 is...

WTF?

I didn't want to admit it, but it looks like this series is gonna end soon....
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I figured Asklepios really was getting axed when they encountered the guy who killed Buzz's father this early. Of course, it could just be used to start a feud between Buzz and Caligula, but it doesn't look that way, and such encounters aren't usually had for that purpose. I liked Pare's death, though, I thought it was very well done, quite dramatic. Now I'm really upset that Asklepios is getting axed. I think it deserves a chance to come into its own and develop a real story, and it certainly could use one. However, Shueisha doesn't seem to agree.
 

pirate-hitman:L

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
191
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Pare's death was really shocking!
But I guess this means that it might end soon.
 

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
Sengoku, Kain and now this manga?..... dam Touru is really unlucky ><
 

fluke32

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
376
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
... All I could ever think of saying now that I've read chapter 11 is... What The Hell???

Well, it truly looks like the manga is about to end BUT! I think everybody is forgetting the fact that there is an important question left to be answered here:

Why ARE Asklepios being arrested as heretics?

This was, and still is, the driving motivation of the manga, and if the question isn't answered in the next coming chapters, I don't see Asklepios ending just yet.

In retrospect, I have a theory here... I believe that the manga won't end in the next few chapters at all as most of us here is feeling. If what I've been told of about these mangaka combo's style is correct, then the next 2-3 chapters should be the true introduction chapters of the manga. The reason being? The Byblios.

I believe that this artifact is the root of all this problem of the Asklepios clan, and the next few chapters are probably going to reveal what is its true purpose. I've had the sneaking suspicion on what the book really stand for, and up until now, my suspicion has steadily increased after each and every release of the manga.
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Another presence that I personally have been neglecting is that of Postale. We've barely seen him at all and we really have no idea who or what he is. But I think it's safe to assume that he is another important character in the series, and now may be the time for Postale to do some good (e.g. bring Buzz back to his senses, give the readers a good history of things, etc.)
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
I somehow just started to not like it... I don't know why, maybe because with #12 there seems to be a way out of that situation with a "plan" (no worry, just the title) or the fact that there has not been any medical talk for the past few chapters... though maybe that is a condition/reason why it's still alive ^^'
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
... All I could ever think of saying now that I've read chapter 11 is... What The Hell???

Well, it truly looks like the manga is about to end BUT! I think everybody is forgetting the fact that there is an important question left to be answered here:

Why ARE Asklepios being arrested as heretics?

This was, and still is, the driving motivation of the manga, and if the question isn't answered in the next coming chapters, I don't see Asklepios ending just yet.

In retrospect, I have a theory here... I believe that the manga won't end in the next few chapters at all as most of us here is feeling. If what I've been told of about these mangaka combo's style is correct, then the next 2-3 chapters should be the true introduction chapters of the manga. The reason being? The Byblios.

I believe that this artifact is the root of all this problem of the Asklepios clan, and the next few chapters are probably going to reveal what is its true purpose. I've had the sneaking suspicion on what the book really stand for, and up until now, my suspicion has steadily increased after each and every release of the manga.
Cuz they tamper with "god's" creations. Duh.
 

thiagojoe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
55
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Pare's death was really shocking!
But I guess this means that it might end soon.
Hey people, I'm also hanged on to Asklepios and I'd like to begin discussing it here.
Although it is a really newborn series I believe it has a great potential to develop its story. Pare's death sure shocked me, but as Postale took his body I believe there are major misteries hiding in there.
I really enjoyed all those explanations of how Asklepios used modern medicine technics and how people used to cure others in the past. IMO, this was one of the series' high points. If it gets cancelled it will be a shame, because I think the author has made a great plot so far.
I'm very anxious to read chapter 12's Scan!!!
 
Top