Year Round Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,823
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Seems this post is pinned so here are the 2025/26 award predictions that I've received so far! If you haven't sent already then feel free to shoot me your list!

 
Last edited:

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: NBA thread

Well I wasnt realy a Lebron fan myself,was always hating on him,cause my favourite is Carmelo and you know they are from the same draft class and all,and I am suporting Melo all the way and you get it..

..well yeah I know,I know what youre talking about,but the thing is,nevermind.He must improve.

Damn Sixers won against the suns,they lost Bran for the reast of the season and they became even a better team.I have no words for Toronto,no words.And without Paul the Hornets are nothing.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: NBA thread

Lakers handed Cavs their first home lose. Lakers are still going strong without Brynum
I think that's the lakers' strongest point. They have really great players like gasol, bynum, bryant, odom. But their bench is playing good too: vuja, ariza, farmar,...

The lakers aren't a one man show. They are just a complete team. Imo the lakers can only lose against themself
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: NBA thread

The all-star weekend so far is boring,so far the best even was the rookie challange,that was a good game,it realy was.Kevin was unstopable,it was a very fun game to watch.

Haier shooting stars?Boring as usual.

Skills challange,it was nice,Derick Rose could have went faster,but he didnt and where was Deron Williams?He won it last year,he should have defended his crown :/ I was wondering where is Dericks hops,cause he can dunk,oh the boy can dunk and he did behind the back dunk :D and theres my answer.HE should have been in the dunk contest.

3pt shooting,lame,didnt like it one bit.

Slam Dunk contest.I knew Nate is gonna win this,I knew it.But he should have kept it a secret that he would wear his green uniform to be like kryptonite in order to beat Dwight :D "KryptoNate",I liked the phone boot,but I thought Dwight was gonna windmilll it.The last dunk was good.Rudy did a nice job,first dunk was a good tribute,to bad noone knew who he was,then the second dunk was sick,to bad he made it on his almost last try.When you watched guys from Team Flight Brothers,these nba dunk contest's look boooooooooooooooring.


Today comes the best part,the all-star game,wooooooooooooho.Its sux that Melo's not there.But Kobe and Shaq and Phil are togheter again.
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: NBA thread

^^I have to agree with you. The all-star weekend was as exciting as i was expecting.

Rookie Challenge:
It was good, not great. Kevin was beasting in that game. I think the 2006 rookie challege was my favorite, Iguodala putted on a show in that game.

H-O-R-S-E:
It was alright.

Haier Shooting Star:
Boring as always, i think they to replace this shit with something else.

Skill Challenge:
They need find people that really want to be in the completion because nor of the player in it this year act like they wanted to be in it. They weren't even going fast at all.

3pt Shooting game:
I always wonder what the fuck the league is doing with this. Where the heck are the real 3pt shooters? Where is Ray Allen?

Slam Dunk Contest: Best part of the entire weekend. But beside Dwight and Nate, i don't know what the heck the rest of the competitors are doing in the dunk contest in first place. I think Dwight should have done something hard on that 12ft basket. At least we know Lebron is going to take part next year, they should begin Iguodala as well. Maybe they should begin the dunk god(Vince Carter) back as well, if he is up to it, i will rather have him a dunk contest than on the rubbish people(Smith and Rudy) that were in it this year. Then we might have a real competition. Next year competitors should be: Lebron, Nate, Iguodala, and Dwight.

All-Star game:
Boring, that is all i got to say about that. One of the boring-est all-star game ever.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: NBA thread

^^Exactly I thought Dwight was about to windmill on that 12ft basket,but when he did I didnt like it,I dont know why everybody was cheering him and droping 10s for him.JR Smith has nice hops,no he has crazy hops,Weems fucked it up for him,thats why,he should have taken Chauncey to help him.VC cant be in the contest no more,he doesnt have those hops anymore,I hope James White gets into the nba next year and gets into the dunk contest.



Yep,this game wasnt exciting that much.Tho it had some crazy plays,I loved the way Shaq performed,now thats an enterteiner,a true enterteiner,I loved him in this all-star weekend.I wanted Kobe to win the mvp honors,but I saw Shaq having a good game,so damn,I thought this will be brought between them again and they found a solution,hah they found a solution,they gave it to both of them,now that was a great move,I love it,moment of the weekend,off everything in this weekend I wanted to see was this,the KObe/Shaq reunion and it happened,better then I expected.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
The NBA Thread

So the Playoffs started already and it's in the 2nd round. I know not to many people watch basketball but I know theirs some.

Quick recap,
1st round: WEST
Lakers defeat Utah Jazz
Houston Rockets defeated Portland Trailblazers
Dallas Mavericks defeated San Antonio Spurs(that series was an upset)
Denver Nuggets defeated New Orleans Hornets

EAST
Clevland Cavaliers swept Detroit Pistons
Orlando Magic defeated Philidelphia 76ers
Atlanta Hawks defeated Miami Heat
Boston Celtics defeated my Chicago Bulls(one of the greatest series of all time, 4 games of the 7 were in overtime)

2nd round: WEST
Lakers vs Houston(Lakers won 4-3)
Dallas vs Denver(Denver won 4-1)

EAST
Boston vs Orlando(Orlando won 4-3)
Clevland vs Atlanta(Clevland swept again)

Semi-finals: West
L.A. Lakers vs Denver Nuggets(Lakers won 4-2)

East
Cleveland Cavaliers vs Orlando Magic(Magic won 4-2)

NBA Finals
Los Angeles Lakers vs Orlando Magic: Lakers beat Orlando 4-1

Los Angeles Lakers are the 2009 NBA Champions

So who ever is watching, let's discuss.



[nami] Merged [/nami]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

LB56

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

I'm a little upset about my Hawks getting swept. I never expected them to win the series, but I hoped they could steal a game or two with the home court. The Cavs are just too freakin' good though. LeBron can take over a game at will, and everyone on that team compliments him so well.

Denver looks dangerous out West, and they should poise a significant problem for the Lakers if, and that's a big if, they can get by Houston. Yao has owned Bynum from the few games that I've seen (East Coast vs. West Coast time difference), and Kobe can't do it by himself along the perimeter.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

How in the world did I miss this thread?My team are the Nuggets,we finnaly made it out of the first round and now we are in the conference finals against LA,I think we have the fire power to take down LA,lets go Nuggets!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

Lakers had a though time with the nuggets. But yeah, 1-0 lead. let's hope they can make their second win at home


Lakers in the final :confetti against ...?

My guess: Orlando since cleveland is a team that depends too much on one person, James LeBron
 
Last edited:

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

Damn the Lakers, come on Orlando, you're our only hope, kick the Gaykers ass:des
<hr noshade size="1">
@Hollow Kurono, even though your Nuggets lost, you should be happy that they had the best season in the history of that franchise, better luck next year. Same goes for my Bulls :tem

 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

Bulls should be strong next season, assuming the team doesn't transfer out any starting 5. Definately Eastern finals IMO

Orlando.. bah, Can't hate them, can't love them. Lebron had the same fate Dirk did in his team's franchise record for most season wins. MVP but no Championship.

I hope this means Lebron goes to the Knicks in 2010, with Wade preferably.. new era.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

Well its sad that my Nuggets lost,but now I need to root for the Lakers,the Lakers should win this,but it wont be easy.Next season should be a great one for the Nuggets.

It still feels like Cleveland lost in the first round against Orlando,everyone were saying that they are going to win the championship,I knew that they will go to the finals and loose to the Lakers,but I never thought they will go down like this,but Orlando was a better team,Im sure Bron and the Cavs will come back stronger and better next year and if somehow Lebron goes to the Knicks then I would have nothing to say at all.And Lebron doesnt have the same as Dirk does,Lebron will have a championship in his career and that is obvious.

There are going to be so many good teams next year,I think almost every team will have a playoff chance,its gonna be a fun season,but enough of the future,the present looks sick to.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

hell ya, Orlando took game 3. It looked fixed though, refs were soo off the whole game
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

hell ya, Lakers took game 4... One game away from the championship, only 1 game on road...

I think the winner is already known :XD
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

Well I thought the Lakers are gonna win in 6,but damn Lakers sure beat Orlando tonight,congratz to the Lakers and Kobe and Im sure they wont repeat :) but still Kobe got what he wanted :) and Orlando will not come back to the nba finals next year,thats a fact.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

Nice, the lakers overall deserved it. They owned the western league like it was nothing and they beated the eastern champion with ease. Nothing to say about it but in regular competition they already had the privilege to beat the Cavs (on road) and the celtics
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

Like it was nothing?Man they had a very hard time with Houston,definantly not easily man,they had it hard with Denver for the first 4 games,but then the Lakers found their true game and played to the fullest.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

Like it was nothing?Man they had a very hard time with Houston,definantly not easily man,they had it hard with Denver for the first 4 games,but then the Lakers found their true game and played to the fullest.
First I was talking about the regular competition and second, come on: you do know better than everyone that the lakers could only lose to themselves. Even playing mediocre games, they were still good enough to beat their opponents. It's like Van Gundy said: they have an answer for everything -> that's just plain reality
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

Oh sorry I misunderstood you man,yeah they killed the regular season and Imo they should have had a better record,they lost games when they should have had blowouts,maybe next year they will do better :) the next NBA season will be good,Kevin Garnett will be back for Boston,the Bulls will be better,so will the Blazers,the Rockets will have Yao and McGrady,the Wizards will have Gilbert and they have a new coach,who is a realy great coach,Denver will be better,wheeeeeeeew,I cant wait.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs

damn the Magic, why couldnt they at least put up a fight
 
Top