Re: NBA thread
I wasn't bashing on Nash, and I'm not faulting him for having good teammates. I'm just saying it's not fair that he always gets the attention when there are other great point guards, such as Kidd, Baron Davis, and Chauncey Billups. I am pointing out what Kidd has accomplished in the playoffs this series just to show how awesome he is, in case nobody ever noticed. My mistake for saying Nash is overrated, he is slightly overrated, but not quite. Although kissing his biceps was a little too cocky for my taste.
I agree with Mavs luckily staving off elimination. If anything, GS let it slip away. Honestly I think GS is playing the best playoff basketball right now, hopefully this isn't just a fluke and I hope they go deep in this playoffs.
I'm honestly disappointed with Dirk, and I feel somewhat embarassed because all this time I've been in support of Dirk getting that MVP, but so far, he hasn't lived up to that hype.
Lakers lost, I'm not surprised. The suns are just too good, they might go all the way. The funny thing is, they haven't played their best basketball yet. Too many screw-ups.
About Magic and Bird, I was a big fan of Magic. I'd have to say Nash is the closest comparison to Magic. The only difference between the showtime Lakers and this phoenix suns, is that the Lakers played defense, plus Amare isn't quite as good as Kareem. A few tweaks here and there, i.e. improvement in defense, this phoenix suns team has potential to be just as good. Having said that, there are also so many teams on the rise, as of late. Golden State and Chicago are two of those examples, so watch out for these teams in the future. If Baron stays healthy, they'd be a dominant force in the West within a few years.
The Spurs has been a staple Championship caliber team in the past 5-6 years, although I'm starting to doubt if they have enough gas in them. Duncan is getting old, and Parker may never improve drastically than what he already is. But this isn't yet an issue, and Spurs is still good. I'm excited about the Spurs-Suns matchup, which might extend to game 7.
Oh, sidenote:
Kobe received the All NBA defensive first team selection, his seventh time in his career. So in case anyone ever doubted his defense, this is proof that he's a great defensive player.
Other players who made it:
Duncan, Bruce Bowen, Marcus Camby, and Raja Bell.