Year Round Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,832
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Seems this post is pinned so here are the 2025/26 award predictions that I've received so far! If you haven't sent already then feel free to shoot me your list!

 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
make a bad team worse lolol, though I prefer Lakers because of his shooting. In all seriousness, I don't care, as long as he doesn't go to the Bulls and curse them.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
make a bad team worse lolol, though I prefer Lakers because of his shooting. In all seriousness, I don't care, as long as he doesn't go to the Bulls and curse them.
Ben is the superstar nobody want on his team :lmao
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
And that's what playing like shit during the playoffs get you. Interestingly though, I don't think he cares?
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I feel like Simmons really has only one shot left before he gets shipped to either China or back to Australia.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Who would you take if you had the opportunity to for your team, Russ or Simmons?
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Russ no hesitation, i love Russ dude get unnecessary hate
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,832
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Who would you take if you had the opportunity to for your team, Russ or Simmons?
Russ all the way. Only way you take Simmons is if you're super loaded with talent and already have elite playmakers but you need defense
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
He's playing for Portland or Minny this year, imo. Only third option is a team grabbing him and flipping him next year (for Beal, for example).

If you want to win now I think absolutely everyone picks Russ. If you are just trying to gather assets the pick is Ben.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Let's not forget Westbrook is also a serious playoffs underperformer and can't defend a cone, lol
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,832
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Let's not forget Westbrook is also a serious playoffs underperformer and can't defend a cone, lol
But we're taking either him or Ben here, Russ might be one thing but after what Ben just threw down??? Stop the cap bruh :XD
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
But we're taking either him or Ben here, Russ might be one thing but after what Ben just threw down??? Stop the cap bruh :XD
Nah, I agree, just thought it was worth pointing out.

I really think there's no comparison in asset value = win now value for either.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,832
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Nah, I agree, just thought it was worth pointing out.

I really think there's no comparison in asset value = win now value for either.
Yeah, if they mean you win a chip you take them.

Also can't remember if we ever acknowledged this:


But @Newkerzy was 100% right on the Bucks winning, dunno how I missed saying congrats on that one :XD
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
My hipster list was so wrong hahahaha
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lmfao Vegas had JJJ as most improved player and he ended up playing like the last 8 games only.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,832
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Ayo no hate but @Doughboy really said Clippers :XD

Queue the scav post about how the Clippers got further than the Lakers in like 5 minutes time :teehee
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Let's not forget Westbrook is also a serious playoffs underperformer and can't defend a cone, lol
beside KD he never had the right teammate while healthy. And i believe if KD didn't leave and they fired the coach, they would've won.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

OKC westbrook kd almost beat 73-9 warriors
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
beside KD he never had the right teammate while healthy. And i believe if KD didn't leave and they fired the coach, they would've won.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

OKC westbrook kd almost beat 73-9 warriors
You're talking about something that happened half a decade ago. In the meantime he has obviously aged and his very physical game obviously regressed... With a huge injury out of nowhere on top.

Sorry but .500 TS% on almost 4 turnovers per 36 in playoffs is indefensible for a ball dominant guard in this NBA, especially one that doesn't shoot many (and probably should shoot even less) 3s. And that's counting his great years. His shooting and handling got way worse and him being forced to change his routine fucked his FTs.

But yes even with all that it's much simpler to get a good team around him than with Ben, not arguing that. I just think both are somehow overrated and underrated at the same time hahaha
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, if they mean you win a chip you take them.

Also can't remember if we ever acknowledged this:


But @Newkerzy was 100% right on the Bucks winning, dunno how I missed saying congrats on that one :XD
Would you believe me if I said it was 80% random and 20% certain? :XD

I’ll be honest, as the postseason got rolling, I found myself rooting for a Hawks-Suns Finals and completely forgot I put down my money on the Bucks. But hey, I’m happy Giannis finally got that ring.

P.S.: Can I get my prize now, please?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Would you believe me if I said it was 80% random and 20% certain? :XD

I’ll be honest, as the postseason got rolling, I found myself rooting for a Hawks-Suns Finals and completely forgot I put down my money on the Bucks. But hey, I’m happy Giannis finally got that ring.

P.S.: Can I get my prize now, please?
You can be the first pick in the fantasy league. Maybe 👀
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
If I had a team with at least two great shooters, I'd go for Ben otherwise Russ seems more reliable.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
My hipster list was so wrong hahahaha
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lmfao Vegas had JJJ as most improved player and he ended up playing like the last 8 games only.
I’m actually starting to think you should’ve gotten MIP right. Everyone’s pretty much said Ayton really took a leap under CP3. And if a Finals trip is not at least worth consideration, I don’t know what is. Shame it’s awarded before the whole season ends.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I’m actually starting to think you should’ve gotten MIP right. Everyone’s pretty much said Ayton really took a leap under CP3. And if a Finals trip is not at least worth consideration, I don’t know what is. Shame it’s awarded before the whole season ends.
Ah idk, Randle was absurd during regular season. His shooting alone went from very poor to elite "overnight" on really good volume. On top of that, leading the Knicks back into playoffs? Even the narratives fit haha.

It's the hardest award to guess so seeing I wasn't that awful picking Ayton feels decent enough.

...

Wiseman for RotY tho...
 
Top