Seinen Bastard!! by Hagiwara Kazushi

HumanRage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

count me in !
 

pocketmofo

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Well, I guess I'm just going to have to translate it. I keep saying this, but hopefully I'll get a translation of the first chapter in volume 24 sometime this week.

Great to see so much interest in Bastard. Thanks Zindryr for starting the thread and uploading the volumes!
 

HumanRage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

i promise trash-paintbrush-scanlated chapters like you never saw before ! \o/
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

I have a ton of other extra Bastard!! stuff, like a couple of the new Complete extra chapters and stuff, though most of that is just stuff Hagiwara didn't put in back in the days when he was in good old Shounen Jump. He got away with a damn lot of sex and vulgarity in Shounen Jump though, (I've gone back and am reading all 24 volumes in a row again, heh).

HumanRage, the scans for volume 24 are pretty decent quality, so if you can typeset well then you wouldn't have to worry too much about quality, (aside from the text over artwork parts, which Hagiwara does a ton of, that bastard).
 

pocketmofo

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Yeah, he got a way with a hell of a lot in the later volumes in particular (though I believe they did edit out pretty much every instance of little DS). Some of the scenes are super raunchy though so I'm surprised they didn't give him the boot over to Ultra JUMP much sooner. Not to mention the gore throughout the series...

I'm sure nobody around here would want to read the Expansion chapers and see Princess Sheila suck poison out of things.
 

HumanRage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

hmmmm i checked were i stoped reading the manga : i stopped at vol 22, i'll have to buy the 23, it's not available in scans :/
btw, i'm dl-ing the 24 raw, 'cause the sendspace link in the first post is always saying "no slot available" for 2hours
 

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
80
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

pocketmofo said:
I'm sure nobody around here would want to read the Expansion chapers and see Princess Sheila suck poison out of things.
I'd hate it, personally.
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

pocketmofo said:
I'm sure nobody around here would want to read the Expansion chapers and see Princess Sheila suck poison out of things.
I can't say that I've ever laughed so hard at porn in my life. Wasn't even the least bit 'porn' to me, because I was laughing at the text too much.
 

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
80
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

So the new chapter is available.

Nothing much happens except Amrael comes back from DS's intestines to save her big bro from damnation. Not too brilliant but the art is still amazing and hopefully it means the DS/Uriel fight is over now, it was getting tired.

Now what will DS do? I doubt he can get out of the Dragon Knight by himself...

edit Here's the raw:

http://rapidshare.de/files/34942201/bastard_chap01.zip.html
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

rjglkejf;wej Awesome can not describe how good that was to see after reading through all the volumes. 32 pages, fully COMPLETED artwork (a miracle for Hagi these days, heh), and some awesome stuff in between. Hagiwara's art style is my favorite of all manga I've read, bar none.

Not brilliant, but Hagiwara's storyline never was brilliant or had any form really, it all seemed like it was just stuff he though would be pretty sweet. And after reading some of the STUDIO LOUD shorts in earlier volumes, his assisstants have been telling him to think up new plot and crap for every new chapter of Bastard!!, so yeah. Still great, in any case.[br]Posted on: September 30, 2006, 03:40:07 PM_________________________________________________http://www.sendspace.com/file/q1xda0

Oh yeah, chapter 11 of this series is out. Art all finished!!! Another miracle for Hagiwara! Pretty cool chapter, not much said really, but it bridges onto the next chapter and ends with Dark Schneider powering up for an Exodus.

Side note, two volumes of Bastard!! available scanlated over at GotLurk, if you don't know what Bastard!! is, go there and check those out. Kindan no Aku is currently Editing it, even though Viz is up to volume 13, 14'ish now. If possible, go buy it.
 

pocketmofo

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Chapter 11 was pretty damn good (with great and completed artwork no less). It's been a while since we've seen a good exodus.
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

See, I like Bastard!! and all, but I have a problem with Viz.

Their translations of the manga is so... childish-like.

At a lot of points in the manga, I read and stop. I start thinking "Are they targetting this manga for mature audiences or for 10 year olds...? I really am not sure"

I kinda regret buying the first volume.
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

There were two versions of the first few volumes, last I checked. Did you get it recently or a while back? As far as I know Viz went back and redid the first few and made second editions. I've never had a chance to read the Viz translations because they're shrinkwrapped and I can't look at them. That and I own 1-22 in Japanese.

Can you give some examples of translations where you think it's childish and the like? I'd love to see what Viz has done to the series.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

In Italy there were 2 different editions of Bastard by 2 different editors with a lot of change from one to another and that started a "discussion" between fans. Bastard should be difficult to translate and Hagiwara did a lot of references to singers, bands, heavy metal and many other things.
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Updated the first post. RAWs available for all of Bastard!!, volumes 1-24, and the current chapters coming out in Ultra Jump monthly now.

Also, KnA has finished Editing volume 2, and has started on volume 3.

Still though, buy Viz. Support it here in America so they keep releasing it.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Thanks, Zindryr.
 

saadku

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Can someone tell me about Bastard and is it any good?

Can someone tell me about Bastard and is it any good?



Thanks Anyways
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Just post in the already created thread. Not to mention you could read some posts here, we've talked a bit about Bastard!! and mentioned where to get volumes (aside from Viz if you wanted to preview it) at #lurk.
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

just thought i bring back this thread, i am currently dling the ova, hoping that it stacks up to the manga in any way, but until i get some money and get to buy some bastard i guess that is the best i can hope for. Also, there is a MMORPG coming out called Bastard!! Online, so look for that in japan. The promo cg looks pretty crazy. I am hoping for a good old time with the manga.

Also are those raws the redrawn volumes or the original? I saw some images from the redrawn version and must say that all the women must have gone and gotten breast implants, among other things.
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Yeah, I've been keeping up with MMORPG. Supposedly comes out this year.

The OVA is awesome, but it doesn't hold a candle to the greatness of the manga. Not to mention the OVA itself was unfinished as the man in charge of it was arrested while the last two episodes were being made.

The volumes on my site are only the original ones. I wish I had the RAWs for the new complete volumes. And yes, breast implants are bound to happen when Hagiwara is in charge of anything.
 
Top