Seinen Bastard!! by Hagiwara Kazushi

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

If I remember right the graphics for the OVA was nothing of exceptional.
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Luckas said:
If I remember right the graphics for the OVA was nothing of exceptional.
well, it did come out in 1992. It sucks that it wasnt even finished.
 

pinto

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 16, 2007
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
Age
65
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

IS there anywhere I can get a summary on Bastard!! storyline and timeline? Since Beelzebu and the other demons were introduced to the story, and after the timeskips I got completely lost. My Japanese is no good and this manga is particularly hard to understand.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi

pocketmofo

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

The trailer was awesome. It makes me wish that they would animate some of the stuff after the original Anslasax ordeal.
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

pocketmofo said:
The trailer was awesome. It makes me wish that they would animate some of the stuff after the original Anslasax ordeal.
If I had the money, I'd commission OVAs of the entire series in that style of digital animation that's in the trailer. It would be the greatest thing ever.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Gold Knight said:
I recommend taking a look at the trailer, guys. Great stuff.
Still can't watch video files here, to bad.
..but ..is it like that? -> http://www.bastard-online.jp/img/tp_bg.jpg .. :omg ... :pmg

maybe someone is so nice to post a few screenshots for poor little non-anime-watching-due-to-hardware-and-dsl-problems eni?
:wtf

Gold Knight said:
Made me want to read Bastard! but I'll have to wait until I can buy some Viz releases, since there's only two volume Edited Mangas out there. A shame.
Agreed >.<[br]Posted on: January 23, 2007, 04:21:07 PM_________________________________________________nevermind, I saw enough :faint ... god, is that gorgeous :drool
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

lol. It starts off as a LoTR-like trailer, when all of a sudden huge golems pop out of the army and you suddenly say, "we aren't in Middle-Earth anymore, Toto."
 

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
80
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

A couple of pics from the trailer, since I'm such a nice guy:







Archess is beautiful, but Larz looks like shit.

Also, regarding the last chapter, could someone who speaks japanese explain what's going on? We see Amrael again, she dead already? What about Belze's speech?
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Arshes and Lars, damn it! Heh.

But yeah, are you talking about the newest chapter entirely? (The one that JUST came out in Ultra Jump after the short one month break?) Or the latest one on my RAWs site?

If you're talking about the one that just just came out, then Amrael's merely a flashback there. It's both Dark Schneider and Uriel remembering their loves. Amrael on the right and Yoko on the left.

Beelzebub is merely gloating about his perfect plan, etc, to destroy the world and start over. I didn't read it very closely, but it seems like this could be a plot against Satan himself. At one point he says, "I've won. I've won, Satan."
 

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
80
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

They spell it Larz in the last image of the trailer.

Aaaanyway, yeah I'm talking about the latest chapter, the January one. Nothing new then, I was hoping for some progress in the plot, oh well. Hopefully the DS/Uriel fight is over now, with Uriel's augoeides apparently being destroyed and the Dragon Knight severely damaged.

Thanks for the heads up.
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Since when have the Japanese ever been able to properly romanize the names they make up?

But yeah, the fight's not over yet. Expect at least 2-3 more chapters on it. You still have to have DS breaking through stuff with the Bloodstone Overdrive (which is what he's using now to power up the Lucifer now). Stuff like that.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Aldrich said:
A couple of pics from the trailer, since I'm such a nice guy
You are, you are! Arigatou gozaimasu :wtf
 

bloodrage

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
306
Reaction score
9
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Barbados
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

uhhh amm i watched the anime to that it was the bomb but i can't find the rest of it on anime did it stop making or what????
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

According to the wiki entry on Bastard!! the anime OVAs were cut short after the 6th episode due to the fact that the guy who was in charge of them was arrested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastard!!

There were only supposed to be 8 episodes total.
 

dsr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
138
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Hi! I'm an Italian reader too.
This is my favourite manga.
I think that you can found almost everything in this story.
Some may consider it boring, annoying, centered only on the drawings.
But I don't think so.
Bastard is so multilayered and diffucult, not exactly a childish and easy manga.
It's not straight forward like many other mangas are, but I'm not here to start a useless competition.
I think that in the last issues the story has begun to be emotionally deepest and "hot" about the religious argumentation.
Less than a month divides me from the release of issue #24, and I can't wait anymore.
I followed this story from 1993 (yes, I'm quite an old guy ^^), at the time of the first serialization in Italy, and I suffered the lack of pubblication of this manga.
Unfortunately Hagi is really slow, but every sketch is worth its wait.
Now it seems that finally he has began to draw on aregular monthly basis, and I litteraly crave to know the following of this amazing story.
I searched the net for the Edited Mangas but unfortunately I didn't found anything.
Finally here I am here, and meeting you guys, that are as interested as me has been a thunder in a sunny day.
I'm not too shy to say that I had an explosion in my heart when I read that maybe you were interested in traslating this stuff.
You can't even imagine my happiness.
Really!
I have some materials regarding Bastard and I would like to help even if I can't translate.
I hope that you decide to translate this manga, that is really worthy.
I think that it's not so famous only because it has not an anime that would boost the attention on it...and here we all know how hard and expansive it would be to draw one that would pair the manga.

I'm sorry to have drawn your attention with this loooong post, but I'm really happy to be here.
 

king_crimson-

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
529
Reaction score
18
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

italian manga fans love bastard :°)(he, me italian too :D)

and volume 24 out on 03/15, finally!!!! just a few weeks, and we'll get our hands on it *________*

more than volume Edited Mangas, i would like to see a Edited Manga in english of the "unused version", i've searched it for so long, but always found RAW versions >___<
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

king_crimson- said:
more than volume Edited Mangas, i would like to see a Edited Manga in english of the "unused version", i've searched it for so long, but always found RAW versions >___<
What is "unused version"?
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

It's plot that was cut out of the story. A bunch of unused scenes and drawings that Hagiwara did but they never ended up in the series.
 
Top