Seinen Bastard!! by Hagiwara Kazushi

king_crimson-

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
529
Reaction score
18
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

all the part in hell, with the end of ds vs porno diano, ds stealing the 7 judas pain from the kings of hell and freed gabriel from hell...
 

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
80
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

What I would love to see properly translated is the book where Hagiwara replies to the readers questions, there was an english translation floating somewhere on the net before, unfortunately it looked like it was copypasted from babelfish. But the info about the story looked extremely interesting.
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

I might be interested if a text version of that was lying around on the internet somewhere.
 

dsr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
138
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Well, so many times I was wondering about buying Bastard Haqs or not (just for collecting purpose).
If there's really someone who would like to translate it... :p
Well I'll buy it and prepare the scans of the pages.
I think that someone has to start to give the rightful credit to this manga.

In the Bastard Group on Yahoo, a user wrote an interesting mail.
It's about the situation of the manga in the USA.
I'm sure you know it much more better than me but I think that this one focuses very well about the problems of the manga.
I would like to quote it, hoping it wouldn't be a problem for the author.
But I think that everyone who loves this manga has to put the strength in one single direction.

Well it's not like Bastard has a hit anime or huge marketing budget behind it. The fans know how insane and wonderful it is, but since it's not exactly "teen" rated there's only so much viz can do. The books are poly wrapped on the shelves... the kids can't even get a glimpse as to the manga, much less feel compelled to dish out the $10. Perhaps if the manga was presented in Ultra Jump as it is in japan, then there would be a bigger draw in. Viz has handled the translation well, but I don't see posters and the rest of the media blitz to promote it. God I love Hagi, but until his video game makes it stateside (if ever), I don't see the fans jumping up and down clamoring for the manga when they can easily consume full metal alchemist, dragonball, and the rest of the "heavy-hitters" viz (and its bretheren) promotes.
-patricio
Now I Think that we must do something for the sake of a manga we love.
 

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
80
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

For our italian friends here; I saw that a translated version of Black Rainbow, the prequel novel taking place a century before the current events, was published in your country. Care to give us some info about the story? I'm particularly interested in it as it deals with DS's first 4 Lieutenants who seem to be awesome characters.

As for promoting Bastard!!... On Narutofan they have something they call "pimping" a manga. It basically consists of uploading a bunch of volumes from said manga (with rapidshare or megaupload) and post them on anime forums to promote it. Of course it's better if more than one person is doing it. If someone's interested...
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

A bunch of volumes is good. The Bastard!! Edited Manga is only at ch24 yet^^"
Kindan no Aku decided to change from HQ Scans to Speedscans, so they can catch up faster.
But thank you for your suggestion. We're thinking about something similiar to promote manga for some time now.

:)
 

dsr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
138
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Yes, I will be surely pleased to make a summary of what happens in the Black Rainbow novel part 1.
Unfortunately the italian editor has decided that part 2 will never see the light.
I think that whoever has something should do something to promote this manga.
I think we can organize something for good.
I have the possibility to share other two volumes, that perhaps are completely in Japanese.
They are
Bastard !! - Book : Complete Psychological Analytical Book
Bastard !! - Book : Bastard !! no himitsu
Two imageless volumes filled with info about the manga.
I'm at a complete disposal for whoever is interested.
Please contact me via pm.
Thanks in advance
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Actually DSR, we would love to have scans of those in general (assuming you already have the scans and not the actual books).

I'd love to read more about Bastard!! in general, and I'm sure a few people here would as well.
 

dsr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
138
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Yes, no problem!
Give me time and I'll scan them for you all.
 

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
80
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Cool, thanks a bunch man. Looking forward to it.
 

dsr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
138
Reaction score
58
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

For now I'm translating the summary from italian to english.
I'll post it asap.
As for what concerns the uploading of the scans to the narutofan site.
I'm downloading the scans in japanese from...you can imagine from where :P
I will upload then as soon as I finish to download them.
Regarding the two volumes full of infos, I asked the owner (the founder of the Bastard Italian Forum) to start scanning some pages.

And as I promised a first bunch of scans of the Analitical book, just to understand if it's something of interest.
Here they are.
If it's something worth, I'll post the other pages.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3PCGBU2E
 

guren no kishi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Hi guys, I'm happy to see a thread for this manga.
I'm another italian reader.
I'd like to thank zindryr for the link to the raws chapters.
Too bad there aren't the latest chapters (Ultra Jump 2007 issues 2 and 3),
but better than nothing.

So, Hagi restarts his paper-creature work with a 32 pages chapter.
Bliss.
Could it be that we are constantly in for a 30+ pages of joy per month?
Yeah, right.
32.
19.
15 (the last two are unfineshed...).

I guess it will be a loooong wait until the next volume...

Oh, and I like to see this manga scanlated too.
:)
 

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
80
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Just a question, I read in this thread the first two volumes scanlated were available at #lurk, went there but couldn't find anything, does someone have a link to download them? It'd be appreciated, thanks in advance.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Just a question, I read in this thread the first two volumes scanlated were available at #lurk, went there but couldn't find anything, does someone have a link to download them? It'd be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Do you know how to search at #lurk?
If not, go to http://gotlurk.net and just type "bastard" into the search field. You'll get the result list, then click on the "#" in the line of the package you want to download.
That will give you the xdcc request code. Then simply join #lurk and type that code into the server (not channel) window - e'voila, download starts.

Bot Packs (Filter: bastard)

Bot Name # Pack Gets Size Chapter Name
WandyPot # 76 85x 7M Bastard_v03_c22[KnA].rar
Anikei|Manga # 76 65x 7M Bastard_v03_c22[KnA].rar
Delirium # 76 180x 7M Bastard_v03_c22[KnA].rar
Anikei|Manga # 102 37x 6.3M Bastard_v03_c23[KnA].rar
WandyPot # 184 96x 6.3M Bastard_v03_c23[KnA].rar
Delirium # 184 165x 6.3M Bastard_v03_c23[KnA].rar
WandyPot # 324 80x 6.8M Bastard_v03_c24[KnA].rar
Anikei|Manga # 324 72x 6.8M Bastard_v03_c24[KnA].rar
Delirium # 324 135x 6.8M Bastard_v03_c24[KnA].rar
WandyPot # 474 76x 8.9M Bastard_v03_c25[KnA].rar
Anikei|Manga # 474 87x 8.9M Bastard_v03_c25[KnA].rar
Delirium # 474 124x 8.9M Bastard_v03_c25[KnA].rar
WandyPot # 548 75x 7.6M Bastard_v03_c26[KnA].rar
Anikei|Manga # 548 50x 7.6M Bastard_v03_c26[KnA].rar
Delirium # 548 70x 7.6M Bastard_v03_c26[KnA].rar
Mirrors # 910 1782x 34M Bastard_v01[MangaProject].zip
Mirrors # 911 589x 79M Bastard_v02[SP_KnA].zip
Mirrors # 912 376x 29M Bastard_v03_c18[KnA].rar
Mirrors # 913 257x 9.5M Bastard_v03_c19[KnA].rar
Mirrors # 914 232x 9.2M Bastard_v03_c20[KnA].rar
Mirrors # 915 135x 7.8M Bastard_v03_c21[KnA].rar
Mirrors # 916 92x 7M Bastard_v03_c22[KnA].rar
Mirrors # 917 66x 6.3M Bastard_v03_c23[KnA].rar
Mirrors # 918 42x 6.8M Bastard_v03_c24[KnA].rar
Mirrors # 919 39x 8.9M Bastard_v03_c25[KnA].rar
Mirrors # 5199 12x 7.6M Bastard_v03_c26[KnA].rar
Packs: 26
Downloads: 5,019x
Offered: 330,196,584 bytes
Transfered: 142,198,335,150 bytes

Or go here to get the xdcc list of Kidan No Aku, then join #kna at irchighway. That's the current Edited Manga group and you'll get the latest release in their channel (see list in first link).
Latest release is v3 ch26. They do speedscans of the VIZ release. The first volume done by MangaProject was based on the German release, though (they forgot a panel where Yoko is screaming something. Took me a while to realize that it was my own language :XD )
 

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
80
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Oh... Well... Thanks. I'm a dumbass. I actually typed bastard!! with the two exclamation marks at the end and got zero results.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Hehe, np. Your welcome.

And ch27 is out, btw. Also edited the first post with lots of stuff^^;;
 

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
80
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

That's a nice first post. Very informative. Didn't see this question the first time, let's reply to it:

Anyway, let's start this thing off. Of all the main characters, got any particular favorites?
-Gara: Ever asked yourself what you'd get if you mixed Gutts' DNA with Luffy's? No, not a genetic abomination, but Ninja Master Gara. Hilarious and extremely badass at the same time, which is quite rare as often comic relief characters are kinda pathetic.

-Abigail: One of the weirdest character in the Bastard!! cast, which says a lot. He's the perfect mix of creepiness, goofiness and class. I like how he's an ambiguous character as well, not really sure if he's that much of a good guy even after he rejoined DS's side.

-Lars Ul: Not really that fond of pretty boy characters usually but Lars is an exception. He's just too damn badass. The part when he's a baby dragon trying to act as DS conscience is also hilarious, and I appreciate how he's the only bastion of chivalry and rightness in that rotten world (well, there's Bon Jovina too, but he sucks).

-Gain Esperanza: Don't know much of him as he only appears in the Black Rainbow novel, the PS game and the databook (that's where I got my info from) but I'm a fan of his design and I like the fact he's a loud mouthed asshole who tried to kill DS whenever he lowered his guard. I'd love to have more info on him.
 

moscovite999

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

Bastard... Th first manga I read...
Not only a manga but a true stength in the drawings, texts and senario!
I advice it to everybody!
 

Kazuo Kiriyama

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2007
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

I can't believe i never saw this thread before. Bastard... it is truley a manga among manga's. Probably in fact the only manga i respect more then Berserk and Hajime No Ippo.

The art style is amazing in later volumes and the jokes have always been able to make me laugh.

I've even managed to get ahold of the OVA and even that didn't dissapoint me. An amazing manga and easily among my favs of all time ^^
 

Madocchi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 3, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Bastard!! Manga Discussion Thread

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~ a Bastard!! discussion. Hello guys im Madocchi from Kindan no Aku. i want to play that MMO >.< looked frickin cool
 
Top