Mag Talk Bessatsu Shonen Magazine

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I was wondering, how much did Kyojin has affected the magazine's circulation over the years?

Also, is it possible that by changing the magazines each time, Arakawa wishes to improve the circulation of different manga magazines and perhaps try to help them catch up to say, Jump's success?
It's all about the benjamins. More likely than not these publishers saw what FMA did for Square Enix, and paid (probably hefty sums) Arakawa to join them. I don't really think she's as altruistic to go to different publishers just to help them screw Shuiesha over. Though judging from interviews and the like, I can imagine Arakawa just likes drawing manga and doesn't really care who she does it for.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm quite surprised we haven't even had a single toc here yet, not even the line-up.
Maybe some people are interested so I will post the current line-up and copypaste to the first post of the thread.

Line-Up said:
Aku no Hana
Arslan Senki
Baby Worldend
Capriccio
Chaos Wizard to Akuma no Shimobe
Coulomb Fille
Daidai wa, Hantoumei ni Nidonesuru
Daisuki Imura-san!
Diabolo no Soup
Doubutsu no Kuni
Flying Witch
Fujimi Lovers
Gekitetsu no Kokuwan - Walpurgisnacht
Gringo 2061
Half & Half
Houkago Sword Club
Ixion Saga
Joshiraku
Macmillian Koukou Joshi Koushiki Yakyuubu
Mujuuryoku Communication
Nemuri no Fuchi
Pochi (ASAKURA Maru)
Sankarea
Seisen Cerberus - Mou Hitori no Eiyuu
Shin Sekai yori
Shingeki no Kyojin
Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou
Shougi no Watanabe-kun
Slime-san to Yuusha Kenkyuubu
Sonna Mirai wa Uso de Aru
There probably are some faults in there, if anyone knows better feel free to add your knowledge :mono It would be much appreciated

__________

So far I really enjoyed every series I picked up from this magazine so I guess I should check out some again. From the synopsis and the availability I will probably pick Doubutsu no Kuni and Half & Half.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
So far I really enjoyed every series I picked up from this magazine so I guess I should check out some again. From the synopsis and the availability I will probably pick Doubutsu no Kuni and Half & Half.
I'm shocked at how criminally overlooked Doubutsu no Kuni is both in Japan and the U.S.(and Edited Mangas). Volumes in Japan barely sell over 30,000 copies. I would think Makoto Raiku's Zatch Bell fame would at least bring in some curious onlookers. And while I can't say for sure how it sells in America, I hardly see any blogging or reviewing of new volumes. Maybe it's just me, but I think it is way better than a lot of the currently running shonen.

It did win the Kodansha Manga Award this year, so maybe that will bring it some attention for volume 12.

Sankarea, Aku no Hana, and Shingeki no Kyojin got anime adaptations, so I'm hoping Doubutsu no Kuni is next. I don't think Sankarea or Aku no Hana benefited much from their animes, but Doubutsu no Kuni has an action element in it that I think could better benefit from animation. We all see how well Shingeki no Kyojin is doing with an anime(though it was already a hit before that), so maybe Doubutsu no Kuni can gain some fans too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Aku no Hana
Arslan Senki
Baby Worldend
Capriccio
Chaos Wizard to Akuma no Shimobe
Coulomb Fille
Daidai wa, Hantoumei ni Nidonesuru
Daisuki Imura-san!
Diabolo no Soup
Doubutsu no Kuni
Flying Witch
Fujimi Lovers
Gekitetsu no Kokuwan - Walpurgisnacht
Gringo 2061
Half & Half
Houkago Sword Club
Ixion Saga
Joshiraku
Macmillian Koukou Joshi Koushiki Yakyuubu
Mujuuryoku Communication
Nemuri no Fuchi
Pochi (ASAKURA Maru)
Sankarea
Seisen Cerberus - Mou Hitori no Eiyuu
Shin Sekai yori
Shingeki no Kyojin
Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou
Shougi no Watanabe-kun
Slime-san to Yuusha Kenkyuubu
Sonna Mirai wa Uso de Aru
Capriccio, Chaos Wizard to Akuma no Shimobe, Gekitetsu no Kokuwan - Walpurgisnacht, Ixion Saga, Mujuuryoku Communication, Pochi are finish.
Macmillian Koukou Joshi Koushiki Yakyuubu was transfered in Shônen Magazine.
And 5 forget : D.D.D, Kimi wo Mawashitai, Komori-chan ha Yaru Ki wo Dase, Mabinogi and Mibugi Shiden.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Kodansha archives all its magazines TOC and covers since 2008 in its official website.
In the case of Bessatsu Shonen mag it's this address
http://kc.kodansha.co.jp/magazine/magazine_back.php/04783
but you can replace the number at the end by any ID of their magazine (02065 for shonen mag, 02222 for morning...)
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just so you know, I'm Editing Doubutsu no Kuni and we're almost done. We're gonna release the whole series at once. The whole rest of it, we released V1 and V2. It's just taking a while. We just need to get 2 more volumes typset. Then I might finalize everything and just do V12 because it's coming out this week.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Capriccio, Chaos Wizard to Akuma no Shimobe, Gekitetsu no Kokuwan - Walpurgisnacht, Ixion Saga, Mujuuryoku Communication, Pochi are finish.
Macmillian Koukou Joshi Koushiki Yakyuubu was transfered in Shônen Magazine.
And 5 forget : D.D.D, Kimi wo Mawashitai, Komori-chan ha Yaru Ki wo Dase, Mabinogi and Mibugi Shiden.
Thanks Heiji, will edit the first post! Could you post/share the latest TOC?

Kodansha archives all its magazines TOC and covers since 2008 in its official website.
In the case of Bessatsu Shonen mag it's this address
http://kc.kodansha.co.jp/magazine/magazine_back.php/04783
but you can replace the number at the end by any ID of their magazine (02065 for shonen mag, 02222 for morning...)
That's great but doesn't help much when you don't understand japanese :XD

Just so you know, I'm Editing Doubutsu no Kuni and we're almost done. We're gonna release the whole series at once. The whole rest of it, we released V1 and V2. It's just taking a while. We just need to get 2 more volumes typset. Then I might finalize everything and just do V12 because it's coming out this week.
Awesome, guess I will start reading then. Wasn't sure yet because there isn't a lot of material yet but that sounds promising :zomg

And did me and Matt just made you reveal something you planned to hide until the release? :cheez
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
That's great but doesn't help much when you don't understand japanese :XD
I do not speak either but mangaupdate database works with japanese titles too.

[niichan]Well it's no longer necessary, Heiji solved the case[/niichan]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
August Issue :
Hiromu Arakawa / Arslan Senki (New Serie, Cover, Lead Color)
Komori-chan ha Yaru Ki wo Dase (1st chapter)
Shingeki no Kyojin
D.D.D
Shôgi no Watanabe-kun
Hôkago Sword Club
Dôbutsu no Kuni (Color)
Flying Witch
Fujimi Lovers
Slime-san to Yûsha Kenkyû-bu
Sankarea
Shin Sekai Yori
Seisen Cerberus
2 Dai me Yoshimura Tsubasa / Daisuki Imura-san! (New Serie, Color)
Aku no Hana
Coulomb Fille
Baby Worldend
Sonna Mirai wa Uso de Aru
Shingeki! Kyojin Chûgakkô
Diabolo no Soup
Nemuri no Fuchi
Komori-chan ha Yaru Ki wo Dase (2nd chapter)
Chaos Wizard to Akuma no Shimobe (2 chapters, 52p, End)
Kimi wo Mawashitai
Joshiraku
Daidai wa, Hantoumei ni Nidonesuru
Gringo 2061, Half & Half, Mibugi Shiden (Absent)

September Issue :
Shingeki no Kyojin (Cover, Alternative 11th Volume Cover)
Masakari Torau x Nexon / Mabinogi (New Serie, Color)
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It looks like the volume 11 Shingeki no Kyojin going to have 1,850,000 copies for its first print-out.
 

leokiko

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Messages
64
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Anyone knows where I can find the raw? Looking foward to Arslan.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Anyone knows where I can find the raw? Looking foward to Arslan.
The raw isn't available yet.

---------- Post added August 04, 2013 at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was August 02, 2013 at 01:29 PM ----------

It looks like Owari Monogatari (new Monogatari series) going to release on October Issue, before releasing as a volume. Also, this is a light novel, not a manga.

 
Last edited:

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
ToC for September Issue if here :

http://kc.kodansha.co.jp/magazine/index.php/04783/next

マビノギ
こもりちゃんはヤる気を出せ
アルスラーン戦記
Half&half
橙は、半透明に二度寝する
進撃の巨人
D.D.D.
聖戦ケルベロス〜もう一人の英雄〜
進撃! 巨人中学校
ディアボロのスープ
どうぶつの国
放課後ソードクラブ
不死身ラヴァーズ
さんかれあ
惡の華
新世界より
クーロンフィーユ
君を回したい。
スライムさんと勇者研究部
ネムリノフチ
ベイビー・ワールドエンド
そんな未来はウソである
大好き吉村さん
GRINGO 2061
将棋の渡辺くん
魔法少女WEB
じょしらく

September Issue ToC :
Mabinogi (New Series, Color)
Komori-chan ha Yaru Ki wo Dase
Arslan Senki
Half & Half (Color)
Daidai wa, Hantoumei ni Nidonesuru
Shingeki no Kyojin (Cover)
D.D.D
Seisen Cerberus (Color)
Shingeki! Kyojin Chûgakkô
Diabolo no Soup (Color)
Dôbutsu no Kuni
Hôkago Sword Club
Fujimi Lovers
Sankarea
Aku no Hana
Shin Sekai Yori
Coulomb Fille
Kimi wo Mawashitai
Slime-san to Yûsha Kenkyû-bu (Color)
Nemuri no Fuchi
Baby Worldend
Sonna Mirai wa Uso de Aru
Daisuki Imura-san!
GRINGO 2061
Shôgi no Watanabe-kun
Mahou Shoujo WEB
Joshiraku
 
Last edited:

madmaxmh2007

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
hi
i want to know in wich Issue did Shingeki no Kyojin had the ANIME announcement..?
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It is confirmed that Sugii Hikaru (a light novelist; author of Kamisama no Memo-chou) going to write a story for upcoming new series (drawn by Shinya Nobutaka) which going to start on November Issue. Is it just me or is many light novelist begin to wrote a story for manga?

 
Last edited:

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
不死身ラヴァーズ
アルスラーン戦記
君を回したい。
惡の華
進撃の巨人
進撃! 巨人中学校
そんな未来はウソである
終物語
こもりちゃんはヤる気を出せ
どうぶつの国
放課後ソードクラブ
さんかれあ
マビノギ
マックミランの女子野球部
ベイビー・ワールドエンド
ディアボロのスープ
中村小江戸と大豆恵亮はうまくいかない
ふらいんぐうぃっち
新世界より
ネムリノフチ
聖戦ケルベロス〜もう一人の英雄〜
じょしらく
スライムさんと勇者研究部
D.D.D.
GRINGO 2061
クーロンフィーユ
大好き吉村さん
魔法少女WEB
将棋の渡辺くん

Toc for October Issue :

Fujimi Lovers (Lead Color Page)
Arslan Senki (Cover?)
Kimi wo Mawashitai
Aku no Hana (Center Color)
Shingeki no Kyojin
Shingeki! Kyojin Chûgakkô
Sonna Mirai wa Uso de Aru
Owari Monogatari
Komori-chan ha Yaru Ki wo Dase
Dôbutsu no Kuni
Hôkago Sword Club
Sankarea
Mabinogi
MacMillan's Women Baseball Club (New Series - Center Color)
Baby Worlend
Diabolo no Soup
Nakamura Koedo to Daizu Eryō wa Umaku Ikanai (New Series - Center Color)
Flying Witch
Shin Sekai Yori
Nemuri no Fuchi
Seisen Cerberus
Joshiraku (Final Chapter - Center Color)
Slime-san to Yûsha Kenkyû-bu
D.D.D
GRINGO 2061
Coulomb Fille
Daisuki Imura-san!
Mahou Shoujo WEB
Shôgi no Watanabe-kun
 
Last edited:
Top