Hangout Black Clover Hangout Thread

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
I find it pretty interesting that while he holds the name of "Silvamillion" which seems to hint at some sort of Origin for House Vermillion and House Silva he also has the name "Clover" similar to the current King of Clover Kingdom. Who also(curiously enough) uses Light Magic,though way weaker than Lumiere's. I wonder how it came(If it's the truth) that the House split into 2 maybe 3 Houses if we include House Kira and how it came that out of the Nobles House Kira would take the reigns as Royal Family.

Rikudou King

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
United States
If he and his sister were the only children of the main house, their death/disappearance likely would have meant the end of the main house, allowing potential branch houses more prominence.

eefrit

Come on Baby, Light My Fire
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
If he and his sister were the only children of the main house, their death/disappearance likely would have meant the end of the main house, allowing potential branch houses more prominence.
This seems to be the most likely conclusion.

Interesting though. It seems the Royals descending from the OG Wizard Emperor is an obvious thing. We had theories floating around that the Vermillion clan were related to him since Mimosa strongly resembles Tetia and obviously the current King has his light magic thing, but I never thought that the Silva would be tossed in. There was no real hint towards that. I guess Nozel using the magic tool to heal Asta that one time could count in hindsight.

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi there!

I'm thinking of maybe starting to watch Black Clover, but I was wondering if everyone here were recommanding it.
Is it just like a general shounen or is it special enough to warrant putting all the time in it?

To be honest, when it first came out I didn't heard a lot of good things about it, but it's still going so it must be somewhat good.
I also heard the opening Black Rover last week and it was so effing good that I wanted to watch the anime just because of the hype from that opening.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hi there!

I'm thinking of maybe starting to watch Black Clover, but I was wondering if everyone here were recommanding it.
Is it just like a general shounen or is it special enough to warrant putting all the time in it?

To be honest, when it first came out I didn't heard a lot of good things about it, but it's still going so it must be somewhat good.
I also heard the opening Black Rover last week and it was so effing good that I wanted to watch the anime just because of the hype from that opening.
Hey THM Nindo!

If you're thinking of starting the Black Clover Anime then i can recommend it to you, it stays rather faithful to the Manga and is pretty enjoyable to watch as well. The first 5-10 Episodes the animation is a tad inconsistent but i suppose the Studio was trying to find it's Style for it at first (If that matters to you,to me personally it doesn't as much since if i have fun watching it that's all that matters to me :verily).

I'd say it's worth a shot though i take the Manga over the Anime if i'm honest,the Story is really nicely written. The Characters are loveable and fun and so is their development,Be it side or main character pretty much everybody gets their spotlight at one point or another. At some point even more than MC,his Rival or Main Heroine so it's definitely worth a go for me.

Last edited:

Valhalla777

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Hi there!

I would recommend reading the manga rather than watching the anime. Outside the "big boss fights" which are actually done pretty great in the anime, in my opinion the anime just doesnt do the manga justice to the point of ruining it for me. If you've read the manga already beforehand then you can freely try the anime. For me its one of those series where the manga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anime.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I would recommend reading the manga rather than watching the anime. Outside the "big boss fights" which are actually done pretty great in the anime, in my opinion the anime just doesnt do the manga justice to the point of ruining it for me. If you've read the manga already beforehand then you can freely try the anime. For me its one of those series where the manga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anime.
I agree with that,i like reading more than watching a series most of the times as well but since he said he's considering to "watch" it i thought i'd give my opinion on the Anime besides the Manga's qualities.:verily

Ice King

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Good for him :)

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Congratulations for him.

yukistorm33

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yay! So happy for them!

Ice King

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Of course it makes me laugh as time has elapsed to say that no, the demon was not a simplification of plot to make elves and humans reappear their differences ...... and exactly this happened !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rikudou King

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fight against Ruful: an entire village.

Fight against the three elves: an entire city

Fight in the capital: the capital, without counting the testimony of the magical Cavalieir present.
You're acting as if there were these huge crowds watching the fights, as oppose to the fights being shown mostly isolated.

At that juncture he was just trying to take credit for Julius's idea.
He did take it, that's the point, the Royal Knights were shown as his.

William is just a noble (plus illegitimate) not a royal.

The royals are the Clover, the Silva and the Vermillion
The Royals would be the Kira family, who are the current rulers, in this context. But like I said, it depends on the translation. Look at this one, which clearly states that the Nobles are the absolute authority in the kingdom.

Um the manga?
Nowhere in the actual manga was it shown exactly how the Captains actually feel. We only know of Yami, and perhaps William due to the debt he owes. But it's a huge assumption whether the other Captains would agree with Julius or whether they will have their own reasons for believing differently.

I do not understand what you mean
Julius is explaining how dire the situation currently is, yet he's only telling a select few and only one captain.

They explain it in the manga, because Yami's team is the one with the least contact with the nobility, plus for obvious reasons of plot
When was that said? The Black Bulls have two nobles within it.

Easy to create false tension and instill doubts in the reader ...
How do you know it's false?

Really yes, logically if they have to take into account someone for the role they take a captain, in short the most suitable candidate to become the next emperor was not William?

Moreover from how the system of the Knights is described it seems to me logical that normally there is a natural passage of degrees ...
Except again, the captains have hardly been shown the strongest. One could assume that, but the series never outright stated it, even though the main character's sole goal is to become it. Yet Asta and Yuno never mention anything about becoming captains.

Ice King

Reaction score
Country
Italy
You're acting as if there were these huge crowds watching the fights
Um, there was

He did take it, that's the point, the Royal Knights were shown as his.
But much:

1) Their task was carried out

2) Most of them are in a precarious position because of possession

The Royals would be the Kira family, who are the current rulers, in this context
The royalty in the manga have always been referred to as Kira, Silva and Vermillion.

Nowhere in the actual manga was it shown exactly how the Captains actually feel.
This is true, but you don't need a genius to understand that everyone respects Julius' ideals.

Charlotte who except Yami hates men, respects and follows Julius, and has no prejudices of any kind towards the plebeians considering his relationship with Sol, so it cannot be ruled out against his ideals.

When was that said? The Black Bulls have two nobles within it.

How do you know it's false?

Why Tabata's working method or extension of the Jump mangaka.

Insert high-sounding phrases or plot twists for the sole purpose of making the reader worry and make them say "oh my God, how will they do now?" But then 96% turned out to be precisely acts that were an end in themselves.

An example ?

Patry: "The Third Eyes are stronger than the captains" Oh yes, we saw it ...

Owen: "Asta, your arms will never heal" Next arc, check out a character who happens to be able to heal his arms. But you look ....

The Witch Queen takes control of Asta "Oh, how can they save us now?" Vanessa takes out an asspull and all is well what ends well.

"Gosh Yuno is controlled by the enemy, now he will fight against Asta, nooooooo" Yuno frees himself and fights alongside Asta.

"The magic of reincarnation is invincible, nothing can dissolve it" Three chapters after Asta receive a sword able to melt it.

And I could go on forever.

Except again, the captains have hardly been shown the strongest.
We have examples, Julius was a captain before he became emperor and his successor was considered William, another captain.

Then yes, maybe Asta or Yuno will become it without going through all the grades as done by Naruto, but I imagine those are the classic exceptions that confirm the rule.

Rikudou King

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Um, there was
Where was it shown there being a huge crowd of witnesses? Which chapter?

But much:

1) Their task was carried out

2) Most of them are in a precarious position because of possession
And as said before, that doesn't mean they couldn't be reformed for a new task. I'm not sure why you believe that a group chosen once couldn't be used again after they already proven themselves useful. And it's very clear that the actual issues with the possessions isn't that much of an issue.

The royalty in the manga have always been referred to as Kira, Silva and Vermillion.
Where have they been referred to as Royals without that word being used as Nobles? If it's been always, then giving an example should be easy.

This is true, but you don't need a genius to understand that everyone respects Julius' ideals.

Charlotte who except Yami hates men, respects and follows Julius, and has no prejudices of any kind towards the plebeians considering his relationship with Sol, so it cannot be ruled out against his ideals.
But we know for a fact that not everyone respected Julius' ideals. William wasn't fully on Julius' side until just recently, specifically due to the debt he now owes. You're making a huge assumption that because we haven't seen any openly hostile captains, they thus must all be for him, as oppose to them simply sticking in line because of how powerful he is. I think it says quite a bit that despite the serious situation Julius is speaking about, a situation that would involve the captains, that Julius doesn't involve them or even apparently reveal himself to them, only Yami.

Whatever this was an example of, it's unavailable. Use a site like Mangapanda, or the image itself.

Why Tabata's working method or extension of the Jump mangaka.

Insert high-sounding phrases or plot twists for the sole purpose of making the reader worry and make them say "oh my God, how will they do now?" But then 96% turned out to be precisely acts that were an end in themselves.

An example ?

Patry: "The Third Eyes are stronger than the captains" Oh yes, we saw it ...

Owen: "Asta, your arms will never heal" Next arc, check out a character who happens to be able to heal his arms. But you look ....

The Witch Queen takes control of Asta "Oh, how can they save us now?" Vanessa takes out an asspull and all is well what ends well.

"Gosh Yuno is controlled by the enemy, now he will fight against Asta, nooooooo" Yuno frees himself and fights alongside Asta.

"The magic of reincarnation is invincible, nothing can dissolve it" Three chapters after Asta receive a sword able to melt it.

And I could go on forever.
The true Third Eye was equal or stronger then the captains. It was made very clear that Parti's Third Eye were the reincarnated elves, and they were as powerful as expected.

The doctor specifically said that the "current" level of magic couldn't heal it, and we were told that there could be another method to heal him at the end of that chapter (Chp 80). With Vanessa, the whole arc had been building up the idea that there was something special about Vanessa's magic, thus the whole reason the Witch Queen was trying to control her. And the whole thing with Yuno was that there wasn't any indication what side he would have been on, it was the fans predicting Yuno could go the Sasuke route or something. We didn't even see Yuno after the initial transformation until the chapter where Asta appears and he's revealed to have kept his mind. And no, it was simply said that the Reincarnation magic couldn't be negated. You can say that Asta getting Licth's magic absorbing sword was lucky, but it's ability to take in magic had already been shown.

The majority of these examples weren't even due to the author. The only one that kind of fits is the handling of saving the possessed, and even that ended up requiring more then just Asta and his sword. More importantly, none of those threats were false. There's a huge difference between an answer being eventually found to a threat, and no threat actually existing...

We have examples, Julius was a captain before he became emperor and his successor was considered William, another captain.

Then yes, maybe Asta or Yuno will become it without going through all the grades as done by Naruto, but I imagine those are the classic exceptions that confirm the rule.
And Lemiel showed that the Magic Emperor had nothing to do with being a captain or the magic knights. William was considered the closest because of how powerful his magic was.

Naruto is a great examples, since that's another example of a position having nothing to do with rank. The position was bases solely on power, to the point that the following Hokage shown in the actual series was a person from outside the ranking. After that, we then had Gaara become Kazekage while being a genin. So we had multiple examples showing that ranking had no matter in it, and that's not even going into the actual history of the villages where we were shown the first leaders were voted in before there were ranks.

Ice King

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Where was it shown there being a huge crowd of witnesses? Which chapter?
165, 168, 183....

And as said before, that doesn't mean they couldn't be reformed for a new task.
If in the manga it was said that their purpose was to defeat the Midnigth Sun, that is ....

But we know for a fact that not everyone respected Julius' ideals.

Instead yes

William wasn't fully on Julius' side until just recently, specifically due to the debt he now owes.
William was interested in recruiting only people who were potential guests for the elves, he doesn't do much text.

You're making a huge assumption that because we haven't seen any openly hostile captains, they thus must all be for him, as oppose to them simply sticking in line because of how powerful he is. I
Yami: He has no prejudices whatsoever.

Jack: Idem

Charlotte: the same

Fuegoloen and sister: idem

Nozelle: maybe at the beginning, but now he too is starting to open up

Kaiser and Dorothy: not received

Rill: considering how quickly he makes friends with Asta, I would say no

The true Third Eye was equal or stronger then the captains. It was made very clear that Parti's Third Eye were the reincarnated elves, and they were as powerful as expected.
If they are I have not seen them XD

The doctor specifically said that the "current" level of magic couldn't heal it, and we were told that there could be another method to heal him at the end of that chapter (Chp 80). With Vanessa, the whole arc had been building up the idea that there was something special about Vanessa's magic, thus the whole reason the Witch Queen was trying to control her. And the whole thing with Yuno was that there wasn't any indication what side he would have been on, it was the fans predicting Yuno could go the Sasuke route or something. We didn't even see Yuno after the initial transformation until the chapter where Asta appears and he's revealed to have kept his mind. And no, it was simply said that the Reincarnation magic couldn't be negated. You can say that Asta getting Licth's magic absorbing sword was lucky, but it's ability to take in magic had already been shown.
You have not read, these are clearly situations created ad hoc to be difficult or complex on paper, in order to make the reader worry and ask him "Dear God, how will they get out of it" and then resolved within a few chapters.

Things like Vanessa's power, Yuno who resists possession or the sword cancels reincarnation are real asspulls

The majority of these examples weren't even due to the author.
????

And by what ? The story is written by him..

And Lemiel showed that the Magic Emperor had nothing to do with being a captain or the magic knights
But he doesn't count, the charge was created especially for him, maybe even the magic knights didn't exist as we know them.

Pure Hashirama became hokage before the official grades were invented .....

aruto is a great examples, since that's another example of a position having nothing to do with rank. The position was bases solely on power, to the point that the following Hokage shown in the actual series was a person from outside the ranking.
Tsunade really was a jonin as seen in the days of the war, if not she could not have gone on a mission.

Rikudou King

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
165, 168, 183....
165: What large crowd? At most you see about a dozen different people. The whole city was damaged, and people were unconscious or frozen...
168: The whole chapter was Yami fighting two elves before Charla appears. The next chapter we see a handful of people, but they are literally threaten and chased off by Yami...
183: We don't see any citizens, only instead the whole place looks deserted...

Only the first example has a group watching a fight, and even that doesn't have more then a dozen folks. So the original point still remains.

If in the manga it was said that their purpose was to defeat the Midnigth Sun, that is ....
I don't understand what's hard to understand about this. Yes, their original purpose was that, but that doesn't mean they can't be used again for a new purpose. It's like, for example, how the Avengers were brought together specifically to stop Loki, yet afterwards continued to work together. So yeah, they were brought together for one goal, but that doesn't mean they can't be reunited for another one.

Instead yes
No, we don't.

William was interested in recruiting only people who were potential guests for the elves, he doesn't do much text.
Not sure how that disproves what I said.

Yami: He has no prejudices whatsoever.

Jack: Idem

Charlotte: the same

Fuegoloen and sister: idem

Nozelle: maybe at the beginning, but now he too is starting to open up

Kaiser and Dorothy: not received

Rill: considering how quickly he makes friends with Asta, I would say no
As said before, those are all guesses, without any evidence behind them. Heck, we know Charlotte openly dislikes men aside from her crush on Yami, a feeling shared by her whole squad, so we know prejudices can exist even if one person is accepted. So saying that because they may like Julius or Asta, they then automatically accept everyone is provenly false.

If they are I have not seen them XD
Did you forget that several of the Captains were elves and part of the Third Eye, thus by default they were as strong as captains...

You have not read, these are clearly situations created ad hoc to be difficult or complex on paper, in order to make the reader worry and ask him "Dear God, how will they get out of it" and then resolved within a few chapters.

Things like Vanessa's power, Yuno who resists possession or the sword cancels reincarnation are real asspulls
No they weren't. As already explained, there was plenty of foreshadowing and explanations of how things proceeded. That's how stories go, a problem comes up and the characters work to resolve them. None of those things would be called asspulls, because we had reasonable explanations for all of them - Vanessa having a special power was the whole point of the Witch Queen's actions towards her, Yuno kept his mind because his elven soul was their unborn baby, and the swords ability was shown several chapters beforehand.

????

And by what ? The story is written by him..
The author wasn't the one who made you think those were "serious situations with no way out"... No one else here was under the impression that answers wouldn't be fount for those problems. Heck, being a shounen in general would obviously mean the hero isn't gonna be permentally hurt or taken out, and would succeed against the villains. So this strange belief makes no sense.

But he doesn't count, the charge was created especially for him, maybe even the magic knights didn't exist as we know them.

Pure Hashirama became hokage before the official grades were invented .....
Considering the role he just had, and how we were specifically shown what happen, of course he counts. And yeah, that's the point, rank had nothing to do with it.

Tsunade really was a jonin as seen in the days of the war, if not she could not have gone on a mission.
Tsunade wasn't a jounin, she was a medic-nin. And what nonsense is that? One didn't have to be a jounin to go on a mission, we literally had genins involved in actual wars. And her whole backstory was specifically that medic-nins should be in the field to help the other ninjas.

Ice King

Reaction score
Country
Italy
165: What large crowd?
An entire village

168: The whole chapter was Yami fighting two elves before Charla appears. The next chapter we see a handful of people, but they are literally threaten and chased off by Yami...
183:
I was wrong, I meant 167.

I don't understand what's hard to understand about this.
That the group's purpose was to defeat the terrorists as Mereo said.

Once resolved, the group makes no sense to be there. And the knights listen to Mereo ...

No, we don't.
Just read the manga, that's all.

Not sure how that disproves what I said.
That the story of prejudices for William makes no sense, since he was only interested in recruiting potential guests ...

As said before, those are all guesses, without any evidence behind them.
The evidence is there, just read the manga.

Heck, we know Charlotte openly dislikes men aside from her crush on Yami, a feeling shared by her whole squad, so we know prejudices can exist even if one person is accepted
Hating men doesn't mean having prejudices for the classes, Charlotte has taken a common woman with her, so she doesn't have any, let's say she wanted Yuno in the group ...

Did you forget that several of the Captains were elves and part of the Third Eye, thus by default they were as strong as captains...
I repeat, have we seen them? We saw them only take them .....

No they weren't. As already explained, there was plenty of foreshadowing

Furthermore, foreshadowing does not annul asspulls. One thing can be as meaningful or as contextual as you want, but it remains an asspull. Vanessa's power makes sense in the context of history, but on balance it remains a deus ex machina made to get out of a situation otherwise impossible to resolve.

he author wasn't the one who made you think those were "serious situations with no way out"
How what?

And who does it then?

This is nice XD

Considering the role he just had, and how we were specifically shown what happen, of course he counts.
We do not even know if the magic knights as an organization existed at the time, I would say go slow. Maybe they were created a few years later ...

Tsunade wasn't a jounin, she was a medic-nin

Ninja doctor is not a real grade like Jonin or chunin, but more a qualification.

And I would say that the fact that a sannin was not a Jonin is quite senseless.