Hangout Black Clover Hangout Thread

Rikudou King

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
United States
An entire village
It's literally less then a dozen people. Counting all the people shown thought out the chapter, it would still be under 20...

I was wrong, I meant 167.
In 167, it's Asta and co talking with Rades until the end when we see three magic Knights...

That the group's purpose was to defeat the terrorists as Mereo said.

Once resolved, the group makes no sense to be there. And the knights listen to Mereo ...
Unless as mentioned, they're reformed for a new task. That would be the obvious answer then go through the whole selection progress again just to build another group, especially when this group has already proven it's worth...

Just read the manga, that's all.
I have read the manga. If the answer is that simple, then there shouldn't be any problem in just showing me the exact example where it's shown.

That the story of prejudices for William makes no sense, since he was only interested in recruiting potential guests ...
We were given why William would be siding with elves, and thus showing he was actively against Julius up until his revival, and even that's only because of the guilt he feels towards his previous actions.

The evidence is there, just read the manga.
If the evidence is that obvious, then just show it.

Hating men doesn't mean having prejudices for the classes, Charlotte has taken a common woman with her, so she doesn't have any, let's say she wanted Yuno in the group ...
Hating a specific sex is prejudicial, and it disproves the core argument, that they have no prejudicial feelings. More importantly, it shows the flaw in your belief. Charlotte accepting of Julius and Yami didn't stop her from continuing to hate other men. So the idea that the captains liking Asta means they're suddenly alright will all commoners is wrong.

I repeat, have we seen them? We saw them only take them .....
Yeah, we saw them. We saw them not only fight, but saw the other elves fight against the human captains and hold their own.

Furthermore, foreshadowing does not annul asspulls. One thing can be as meaningful or as contextual as you want, but it remains an asspull. Vanessa's power makes sense in the context of history, but on balance it remains a deus ex machina made to get out of a situation otherwise impossible to resolve.
An Asspull by definition is something not foreshadowed, but instead pulled from nowhere. And that's not how that works, otherwise any time a character does anything to turn something around it would be seen as a deus ex machina. A deus ex machina specifically involves an unknown character suddenly fixing the whole situation. That's clearly not what happen in the least.

How what?

And who does it then?

This is nice XD
You're the one who did it. No one else on this board seem to believe those were situations with no way out, since this is a shounen, which by default would mean the heroes will always find a way to win. The issue was never if the heroes will win, it's how the heroes will win.

We do not even know if the magic knights as an organization existed at the time, I would say go slow. Maybe they were created a few years later ...
True, we don't know. But it would seem strange to declare someone who's been long dead as the leader of an organization years after the fact.

Ninja doctor is not a real grade like Jonin or chunin, but more a qualification.

And I would say that the fact that a sannin was not a Jonin is quite senseless.
It is considered a rank akin to those, just like Hokage and Anbu are considered a rank even though they technically aren't. And the Sannin title was given to them by Hanzou simply for lasting as long as they did against him, nor would it be senseless... The series was filled with powerful characters without a high or even a rank, heck the highest ranking among the big villains was the lowest ranking of genin...

Ice King

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
It's literally less then a dozen people
Those that are shown, but obviously the scene will have been seen from the whole village

In 167, it's Asta and co talking with Rades until the end when we see three magic Knights...
We see the Black Bull entering the capital in style, I find it hard for anyone between citizens and knights to see what happened next.

We were given why William would be siding with elves, and thus showing he was actively against Julius up until his revival,
Actually not, William himself explains that he has always tried to reconcile being faith with Julius with his connection to Patry. And this, however, has nothing to do with the question of prejudice.

Hating a specific sex is prejudicial
Charlotte hates men as a gender in itself, does not hate people based on their status, and yet men are accepted in the Blue Rose (just as Sol says they don't play a big role) and the fact that she wanted Yuno meant she knows recognize the talent, because I doubt that she would have made him a servant.

Yeah, we saw them. We
Have we had tests that are stronger than a captain? I don't think so ....

An Asspull by definition is something not foreshadowed,
I repeat, foreshadowing has nothing to do with it, because it can herald everything you want, but since you insert a desu ex machina to solve a situation so far unsolvable, then you're doing an asspull.

Vanessa who wakes up an OP power just when her companions are about to be killed? Asspull

The sword of Asta given to him that cancels a magic defined three cpaitoli before invincibile? Asspull

Yuno who, unique among all, does not let himself be possessed? Asspull.

You're the one who did it.
????

The issue was never if the heroes will win, it's how the heroes will win.
Here it is done on the subjective, because what for you is a good way does not mean that it is for others.

True, we don't know. But it would seem strange to declare someone who's been long dead as the leader of an organization years after the fact.
?????

But he was never a leader ...

It is considered a rank akin to those, just like Hokage and Anbu are considered a rank even though they technically aren't.
?????

Kage are ranking, the highest of all. Anbu is just a squad, medical ninja are a specialization.

The sannin were all jonin, otherwise how do you explain the hundreds of S missions they have completed?

Last edited:

Rikudou King

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
United States
Those that are shown, but obviously the scene will have been seen from the whole village
How is that obvious? The establishing shots showed people frozen in ice and unconscious on the ground, with the whole place in ruins. There's no reason to believe that there were a bunch more people unharmed that simply wasn't shown, when the whole point was the opposite.

We see the Black Bull entering the capital in style, I find it hard for anyone between citizens and knights to see what happened next.
Well considering in the part they entered, there had been fighting for some time, logically the majority of people who had stuck around would have been down and out, as we were previous shown.

Actually not, William himself explains that he has always tried to reconcile being faith with Julius with his connection to Patry. And this, however, has nothing to do with the question of prejudice.
But he still sided with Patri, he still chose to go against Julius. This specifically disproves your idea that all the captains would side with Julius, as we have a captain choosing the opposite side.

Charlotte hates men as a gender in itself, does not hate people based on their status, and yet men are accepted in the Blue Rose (just as Sol says they don't play a big role) and the fact that he wanted Yuno meant he knows recognize the talent, because I doubt that he would have made him a servant.
Hating someone's gender is the exact same thing as hating someone class, they're both hating someone for something they had no control over. And so? The Nobles accept the commoners to work for them and such, that doesn't mean they don't have prejudice. In both cases they're treating a group as beneath themselves just because of something that they had no choice in...

Have we had tests that are stronger than a captain? I don't think so ....
So you're saying that the captains would not be as strong as a captain? What kind of sense does that make? Either someone who has the rank of captain is that strong, or else there would be no meaning to the statement itself.

I repeat, foreshadowing has nothing to do with it, because it can herald everything you want, but since you insert a desu ex machina to solve a situation so far unsolvable, then you're doing an asspull.

Vanessa who wakes up an OP power just when her companions are about to be killed? Asspull

The sword of Asta given to him that cancels a magic defined three cpaitoli before invincibile? Asspull

Yuno who, unique among all, does not let himself be possessed? Asspull.
"An Ass Pull is a moment when the writers pull something out of thin air in a less-than-graceful narrative development, violating the Law of Conservation of Detail by dropping a Plot-critical detail in the middle, or near the end of their narrative without Foreshadowing or dropping a Chekhov's Gun earlier on." As specifically stated before, an asspull is something that doesn't involve foreshadowing. It being foreshadowed means you know it's coming. And Yuno was possessed... The whole point of that was he was possessed by their unborn baby, therefore he could keep his will.

You're the one believing things are unbeatable in a shounen...

Here it is done on the subjective, because what for you is a good way does not mean that it is for others.
Except you're not complaining how it was done, but that it was done at all, which isn't subjective but basic storytelling.

?????

But he was never a leader ...
The whole role of the Magic Emperor is as leader of the Magic Knights... Them deciding to make him their leader after his sacrifice is one thing, but to do so years later done the line is another.

?????

Kate are ranking, the highest of all. Abu is just a squad, medical ninja are a specialization.

The sannin were all jonin, otherwise how do you explain the hundreds of S missions they have completed?
Kage isn't an actual ranking, it's a political position other vote on. And these things were shown in the databook as such.

One didn't have to be a Jounin to complete S-rank missions... It's not like S-rank missions were more dangerous or anything. We were specifically told what they involved, assassinations or delivery of classified documents.

Valhalla777

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Not sure if this was posted, but there is some interesting info from the Volume 21 Extras:

I am glad that Tabata actually adressed whom Rhya was copying during Gueldre's interrogation. Its actually pretty logical lol
Something abotu the royals and the entrance exams and why Mimosa and Kirsch didnt join the Crimson Lions like the rest of their family. And about Finral and his last name.

Ice King

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
This parenthesis of the trial as well as the whole matter of the demon behind everything is proof that the author does not know how to deal with serious matters.

Kiki

Stargazer
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Laos

Community Awards are live! Click here 👆