Long Running Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Country
France
I don't know where they are in the manga but considering the fact that it's monthly I find that it would be a bit hard to show Boruto training for all his techniques, especially at his level.

Good episode. I found it weird that Sarada proposed Boruto as leader since she wants to become Hokage but her reasoning made sense. That only works if there is no trouble at all though. Still, with she being the only one who paid attention to Iwabe, I think she should have volunteered after all. Maybe it will be exploited later for character development.

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Russian Federation
The anime could add the training scenes so that the manga can focus on story and character development.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If you all haven't seen it yet, the new episode came out. I don't have much to say about it except...why was Boruto picked over Inojin for the kenjutsu match? lol wait, that's right...he's the MC and that's enough I guess? :disappoint

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
This is getting interesting. If the six others are candidates to become the next swordsmen then I really worry for Kiri's future :XD.

The anime could add the training scenes so that the manga can focus on story and character development.
If you all haven't seen it yet, the new episode came out. I don't have much to say about it except...why was Boruto picked over Inojin for the kenjutsu match? lol wait, that's right...he's the MC and that's enough I guess? :disappoint
Probably because he is Naruto's son. It's more symbolic like that. Boruto also becomes a swordsman later.

Styx

Country
Russian Federation
This is getting interesting. If the six others are candidates to become the next swordsmen then I really worry for Kiri's future :XD.

Probably because he is Naruto's son. It's more symbolic like that. Boruto also becomes a swordsman later.
It would have been more interesting to see someone who practices it be selected for the match, but now that you mention that (I forgot he uses a sword in the future) maybe this could be what sparks his interest in training in it? Or maybe it's just simply because Sasuke uses a sword. :XD

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
It would have been more interesting to see someone who practices it be selected for the match, but now that you mention that (I forgot he uses a sword in the future) maybe this could be what sparks his interest in training in it? Or maybe it's just simply because Sasuke uses a sword. :XD
Probably both.

Styx

Country
Russian Federation
Boruto is basically the representation of the Sasuke fanboys/girls in real life. :teehee

Has anyone actually tried fried squid?
I saw it once in a Japanese restaurant. It not only looked horrible, it smelled like death. I ran, but I'll applaud anyone who actually dared to try it. :XD
That new opening song is terrible! :no I did like some of the scenes though.

The episode was pretty boring though, so I don't have a lot to say about it other than the fact that the pace is at least quick. We're probably not going to be in this arc for much longer. Nothing really happens in Boruto! xD

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Kiri's Genins are laughably weak :lmao.

I like the new OP more than the first. Better song and much better visuals. The ED though is boring, just like that episode was. Pacing was bad.

It's not unrealistic but I am surprised by the fact that the villagers don't know that Yagura was being manipulated by Obito. Is Chojurou in the dark too? Kagura's problem is even weirder when I think about it.

Boruto is going to show a new Raiton next ep.
Better episode than last week but Kagura is annoying me with his trauma. Boruto is such a prodigy at Ninjutsu. Completely different from his dad.

This arc is starting to remind me of the Fishman Island arc in One Piece.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
United States
Good episode even with sloppy art and animation at times. Really like Shimuza. Thought he would be a typical raging fake nice guy but dude is solid as a antagonist and friend to Kagura, even if he is sorta manipulating his trauma. Suigestu's appearance shouldn't be surprising, dude wants to collect all 7 swords, Mitsuki trailing him is probably for Orochimaru's bidding. Idk why Zabuza's sword is in their possession though.

Styx

Country
Russian Federation
I hope this episode means we're going to get stuff more like in Naruto Part 1, when they went out on their first real mission. I'm tired of watching and getting really nothing from the show. At this point, I would take crappy animated battle scenes/fights over somewhat decent animation with nothing.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
These "swordsmen" are pathetic villains and Kagura is getting on my nerves.

I really hope Chojuro is holding back for intel or something, he shouldn't be that weak. Boring episode overall but I liked the part with Inojin and Shikadai eavesdropping the conversation between Mitsuki and Suigetsu. The one with Boruto using his status was funny too.
  • 3 scared by Chojuro.
  • 1 beaten by Sarada after a decent battle.
  • Another quickly lost to Iwabe.

The Seven Losers :lmao. Good to see that Chojuro was indeed holding back.

Sarada was very impressive in this episode, actually copying Jutsus and using Genjutsu. I don't remember Sasuke doing that excepted for Shishi Rendan.

Kagura is still annoying, I have the impression they are trying to emulate Naruto VS Sasuke's battle in the first part. But it doesn't work well here, I can't take Kagura's seriously at all.

Styx

Country
Russian Federation
I haven't been on for so long. Been so busy I forgot about the newest episode. I finished it a bit ago and although I wanted a bit more out of Sarada's fight, I was pleased that it was at least thought out and believable. Kind of annoyed Iwabe basically one-shotted his foe though. lol

Who do these new Seven Swordsmen think they are? Taking on a kage that took on what was basically a god? lol how stupid are they that they thought they could win? :XD

SamuelDean

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Country
Dragonstone
I wonder why they had to use the name of "Boruto". I mean sure it is because he is the son of Naruto, but couldn t they find a nicer name with N?

Styx

Country
Russian Federation
I wonder why they had to use the name of "Boruto". I mean sure it is because he is the son of Naruto, but couldn t they find a nicer name with N?
They did it because it sounded like Naruto but was homage to Neji. There probably aren't a lot of Japanese words that mean "bolt" or "screw" that sounded cool.

SamuelDean

Country
Dragonstone
They did it because it sounded like Naruto but was homage to Neji. There probably aren't a lot of Japanese words that mean "bolt" or "screw" that sounded cool.
I am aware that it is a reference to Naruto s name. Where did you get that information about Neji? I think I just don t like it, if a child has such a similar name to his father, as if Boruto is primarily defined by the fact that he is Naruto s son and not his own person.

Styx

Country
Russian Federation
I am aware that it is a reference to Naruto s name. Where did you get that information about Neji? I think I just don t like it, if a child has such a similar name to his father, as if Boruto is primarily defined by the fact that he is Naruto s son and not his own person.
Masashi Kishimoto said so in an interview. For Boruto (bolt), the name was just another way of saying "Neji", which means "screw". I'll try to find the interview for you. I don't like it either, but it is definitely better than "Menma". :XD

EDIT

Here: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:164031
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:164031

https://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/2p6pqh/newest_interview_with_kishimoto_answers_various/

It is the Kobayashi interview.

Last edited:

SamuelDean

Country
Dragonstone
Masashi Kishimoto said so in an interview. For Boruto (bolt), the name was just another way of saying "Neji", which means "screw". I'll try to find the interview for you. I don't like it either, but it is definitely better than "Menma". :XD

EDIT

Here:
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:164031

https://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/2p6pqh/newest_interview_with_kishimoto_answers_various/

It is the Kobayashi interview.
Thank you! I didn t know that Menma is a name for boys. The only character named like this, that I know is female.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
United States
Fight was great w/ Mitsuki showing out the most. Loved Shizuma’s Samehada fusion. Throwback to Kisame vs. Bee.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Nice action scenes and usage of Ninjutsu. I particularly liked Shizuma's combo with Samehada and his mist. Mitsuki was great as usual.

I am glad this arc is over, the last two episodes have been good and it started well but Kagura was too much of a drama queen.

Lucky Hachiya :lmao.

Styx

Country
Russian Federation
The Mitsuki fight scenes were pretty wicked, but I was mostly impressed by the fluidity of the animation. It is one of my favorite parts about watching action animes. <33

Thank you! I didn t know that Menma is a name for boys. The only character named like this, that I know is female.
No problem! I haven't watched the movie in a while, but I'm pretty sure Menma was the Alt-version name for Naruto. I thought it was a girl's name too, though.
The latest episode was pretty boring, and a little infuriating with how Boruto first acted when returning home. Was much disappointed, but not for long!!! :D

In about two episodes, we're hitting pre-graduation exams! HYPE!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)