1. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  2. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  3. Thank you for participating in this years FT Awards. The winners of each category have been decided, please check them out!
  4. The Waifu Wars 2017 are over. Time for applause!
  5. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  6. Congratulations Jammin & Purity of Magi for winning the Manhwa Freestyle contest!, and well done to the other participants!.

New Week, New Contest!
    Time to get coloring! The theme is Pets Coloring.

Voting has begun for the Flower Banner contest!.
  7. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Long Running Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

Discussion in 'Anime Series' started by Sky, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    @Styx good looks :nod but it was lowkey dumb since it involves Choji and focuses on Chocho lol. It makes you hype for when they become genin though. Sadly, this was the most interesting scene...

[​IMG]

2. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Nothing much to say about this episode. It was a solid adaption IMO.

Was Kakashi in the manga? I don't remember.

3. Styx

Styx Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Holy Britannian Empire
    Yes he was. Naruto calls him to inform him about the boy with the Sharingan/Sasuke's letter. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 18, 2017 ---
    The new episode is out guys! And first, let me just say....SASUKEEEEE! YOU BASTARD!

My thoughts shall be edited below. :mono

UGH! Why did they have to make Cho-cho joke around during this scene? Why?

YES! MY THEORY HAS BEEN CONFIRMED! Sarada has had her Sharigan for a while! So then, did the fever make her lose her memories or what?! WHAT AREN'T YOU TELLING ME, BORUTO?!

At least they made Cho-cho slam Sasuke for being insensitive. Someone has to. Sasuke's stalker Naruto wouldn't. I mean, the damn fool thought Sarada would feel better knowing her absentee father was at least the "finest shinobi" around. Like wat? No Naruto...no.

And oh shiiite! Sakura walked right by Sasuke for her baby girl. ahaha nice. That's how a mother should feel. Children > husband.

Lastly...with the exception of ONE scene really, I absolutely LOVED every single new addition! They fit well! Yea I wish a few things they didn't change, majorly concerning Cho-cho, but overall I'm very pleased with the episode. I guess if I want something shorter and a bit more bitter sweet the manga will always be around.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Demonspeed likes this.
  4. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

United States
    The adaptation was good but I liked the manga counterpart better compared to the anime. Sasuke reflecting was my favorite part. I can't wait till we see Taka

Edit: I just saw they didn't animate the Five Kage meeting about Kaguya and Sasuke's mission, no wonder I didn't enjoy this episode as much. Dafuck SP?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Styx and Seraph like this.
  5. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    We might see that flashback a little later...hopefully.

Doughboy likes this.
  6. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    Worst episode of this arc IMO. Mainly because of the action scenes, they were pretty bad.

Doughboy and Seraph like this.
  7. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    IT'S ON, COMRADES! GO WATCH! :)

(I will edit this post with my thoughts...as always! :> )

Shit! That was a lot darker than the manga version! Damn! It also names further plot of the episode earlier on. I don't have a problem with it, just kinda strange.

I do have a problem with Studio whatever the hell their name is forcing new scenes on us to try and convince us, somehow, how unhappy Sakura is, how utterly cold Sasuke is even to his child etc. This new scene was just painful because it is obvious the intent of it was....

Also, what the hell? When Sarada started to cry, they painted the tear smears (lol) as red. Were her eyes bleeding?

AND OH MY GOD BABY SARADA IS THE CUTEST DAMN THING IN THE WORLD! Kill me now, she's too precious for my heart. :emocat

BUT NOOOOOO! They didn't animate the part of the manga before the teleport to find Sakura! I'll never know for sure who is saying what in that panel. Is Sasuke chiding Naruto for scaring the kids, or is it Naruto chiding Sasuke? The fark...why didn't they animate it? What's wrong with them?! t-t

but damn, I gotta say it man...Jugo-Jugo is so hot you gotta say his name twice, 'cause once just ain't enough. :datass

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Asorx and Doughboy like this.
  8. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

United States
    Best episode since the arc started!! The ost that played when the DNA test was over was perfect, Sarada is going through real life Maury at the moment @Styx. Suigetsu's and Orochimaru's appearances made the episode for me, it even felt nostalgic cause flashback no jutsu returned :derp

Asorx and Styx like this.
  9. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    Good episode this time but I find the pacing too slow. I feel like I understand the theme better now that I see this in the anime.

Asorx and Enima like this.
  10. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    The newest episode is out guys! *mouth foams*

First, I gotta admit...I hated the opening song a lot when it first started but geez...it's growing on me. At least some parts of it. Anyways...

I LOVE THE NEW SCENES (well okay most)! I also really enjoyed the animation, and Cho-Cho! She's adorable when she isn't constantly talking about food. lol

Sakura was kicking some ass! I don't think we have ever seen her do something like that before! And I mean close combat other than just punching the ground. lol it was awesome! AWESOME I SAY!

I also laughed my ass off at Shin's (the "father") Tarzan moment with the pipes. :fan

My only complaint was Sasuke's "I'm not as soft as Naruto" scene, where Shin (kid) jumped to protect his "father". I did like that Shin (the father) killed the kid to get to Sasuke, but hmmmmmm. Not the rest. Nope, no sir, nope. No, no, no, no.

BUT GOLLY GEE THAT PLAN OF SASUKE AND SAKURA'S! They so love each other oh my gerd lawrd in heaven sweet jesus. And what Sasuke said at the end during the dinner. My heart can only take so much!!!!! :emocat but god damn it Sasuke, Sakura's waited what, 11-12 years? The least you could do is kiss your wife. :cookiestare

THEY CHANGED THE ENDING! IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! :biblethump

10/10 episode for sure. If they can do those battle scenes more in Boruto, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it!

Next episode looks interesting but it seems like animation dropped right back down to a 1/5. lol

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  11. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    The legendary forehead poke :hip.

Excellent episode. I am not sure which scenes were added but they did a great job. Though I still don't like it when Naruto and Sasuke gets injured against opponents like that.

There is potential to use these Shins for a lot of things in the future.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 6, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 6, 2017 ---
    She didn't want a kiss, she wanted the forehead poke :nerd.

Styx, Doughboy and Seraph like this.
  12. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

United States
    I swear reading Styx's episode comments get better by the week :rofl. Good episode to end the arc but I have to admit that SP didn't do justice that I was hyped bigly for. Arc wasn't bad but it was kinda sporadic. They expanded Sakura vs. Shin but removed the surgery portion that Sakura was aiding Shin with his heart stuff. The filler of the Uchiha library was cool but they removed the Five Kage meeting and Sarada vs. the Shin clones. Plus Sarada's chakra control wasn't as cool as it was in the manga. I would give the arc anywhere from a 6-7. Can't believe Sakura vs. Shin was better than anything Naruto did this arc lol.

Styx likes this.
  13. Knightmare of heaven 0

Knightmare of heaven 0 Registered User

Mexico
    I don't think we ever got to know about what Karin apparently did to Sasuke.Even if she's not Sarada's biological mother there could be some sort of connection between them with both of their vision being impaired.Sarada's vision impairment might have something to do with whatever Karin did to Sasuke who is her father.Or Sarada had those glasses just so there could be the Gaiden that we got other than for aesthetics of character design *shrugs*

14. Schpittfeuer

Schpittfeuer Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Poland
    It lacks someone that Kakashi was in Naruto. Cool badass teacher

15. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    Oh yea, I totally forgot about that. At the time I just assumed it meant something freaky-weird because she was obsessive, but now, it could be that she experimented on him.

I don't think Sarada's eye issues is because of her though. I think Kishi thought of it for two reasons 1) a Uchiha needing glasses would be different 2) like you said, so we could have the drama in Gaiden. :P

I'm glad to amuse you. Part of the fun is being insanely excited. :kappa

Yea, they didn't make her chakra burst as epic as it was in the manga, but they did make her actually use her Sharigan, which was wicked! :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 7, 2017 ---
    The newest episode came out, and unlikely what I usually do, I watched it first.

It's so great to see more Sarada. I don't care what anyone says—she's the most refreshing and interesting character to come not only out of the Boruto generation, but out of the series itself. Well, besides Jiraiya and Asuma. They're also very good characters. I'm not ashamed to admit I wish the show was all about her, though. :mono

Anyways, besides the "eh" animation, the quality was good. I enjoyed it, but not a lot happened worth considering besides Sarada's training and the Five Kage Summit information.

It also seems like the next episode will be very filler-ish. Which is disappointing...

Doughboy likes this.
  16. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    Sarada is so upbeat now, I love it :D. Seeing Sharingan being used like that reminded me of early Naruto, before the Mangekyo, Rinnegan and their ridiculously powerful techniques.

Very good episode. I like how Iwabe is influencing Metal's character. Good to know that Konohamaru still desires to become Hokage.

17. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

United States
    So who can't make a shadow clone now? If she mad more than one it would of been bullshit but good she didn't and that she exhausted herself afterwards. This was the adapted version of Chapter 700 but SP waited to late so they had too only make parts of it and the rest filler like Styx said. The Five Kage popping up was the best part.

Styx likes this.
  18. WithYouInSpirit

WithYouInSpirit Certified Sensei

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Australia
    I wonder what will happen once the Anime overtakes the Manga? For once the Manga is actually more up to date in this series :XD

19. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    I actually hope it will be a while before we reach the "present" in Boruto. I want to get to know the characters more and see them grow. It'll immediately be boring to me if the time skip is just around the corner because no one will seem believable with the powers they have when not long before we saw them as kids with poor chakra control etc etc.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Original Post Date: Sep 16, 2017 at 9:46 PM ---
    The newest episode is out guys! School trip (arc?)!

Wow. Naruto felt like old Naruto with the way he reacted to Boruto. It is nice to see him not so serious all the time. It would be like Goku acting like Vegeta. lol

So now Boruto knows water, wind and what else? Did he learn fire too? Jesus this kid...we don't even get to see him training. We're just being told he's this incredibly talented little turd. This is my complaint with most "fighting" anime or manga these days. No training! Ugh. :notrust

Overall, the episode was rather boring.

:)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017 at 11:16 AM
    l0tu5w, Aonori, Doughboy and 2 others like this.