1. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. The Waifu Wars 2017 Round 4 has begun! Bring the salt and cast your votes!

4. Congratulations Ustegius for winning the Brothers set contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Time for a short story. The theme is Dystopia. Showcase your writting skills!

Voting has begun for the Self Portrait Drawing contest!.
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Long Running Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

Discussion in 'Anime Series' started by Sky, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Styx

Styx Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Holy Britannian Empire
    Latest Boruto episode is out guys! Get to iiiiiiiiiiiit! :D

That was it? Sumire is back already? What? And why did they change the teams?!

At least I got some Sasuke time. At least I got that. Also, we got more info on Momoshiki and Kinshiki!

And OH MY GOD! The preview I posted in the Jump thread was actually a scene from the new ending! Watch my BABY'S scenes in the ending! WATCH HER! Oh my I'm so excited and so sadden I don't know what to feel! My poor baby! :biblethump

It appears we're still a few episodes away from the new arc. Ugh. This is going to be a painful wait.

EDIT

Probably won't start until episode 20.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Enima and Zeref Spriggan like this.
  2. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    Episode was only good for me once it hit the ending, Sumire getting back in the academy was emotional but kinda bullshit lol. It happened too quick and anticlimactic, what was the point of Naruto being like "I'll tell you later Boruto" if it she was going to be admitted back in so quickly? Just a small nitpick. That ending is dope, not even going fake and say it isn't @Styx. Very much looking forward to this arc. Too bad we'll get the Vs. Momoshiki arc again, Toneri, Momoshiki and Kinshiki all appearing means we'll get this for the 3rd time like how Super did :cookiestare well the manga had slight additions so those are something to look forward to on the bright side if there is one.

Was wondering what this "Jogan" shit Toneri was yapping about, it might be something of an alias to Boruto's dojutsu but not sure, this is the most interesting plotline besides Kawaki to be real

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Styx, reverie, Enima and 1 other person like this.
  3. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Vigilante

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Sasuke as hilarious as ever :lmao. He killed me with his first line.

Not really surprised to see Sumire return so quickly. If there's one thing I learned after watching all these episodes it's that the current Konoha is not very strict(though I don't remember it being very strict in the prequel either). The team battle was nice.

Jogan must be Boruto's doujutsu. But the most important information is what they said about the different worlds. It means there are more aliens like them.

After the Gaiden, the movie then manga content I guess? How far ahead is the manga?

4. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

United States
    The manga takes place after the chuunin exams, everyone has graduated and became genins. The "Vs. Momoshiki" arc concluded like 3-4 chapters ago and it's new arc (it's trash honestly) just concluded with the most recent chapter.

Demonspeed likes this.
  5. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Vigilante

Global Moderator

France
    I reread the Gaiden to refresh my memory. Dad Sasuke is just the best, I can't get enough of him :lmao.

Styx and Zeref Spriggan like this.
  6. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    Yea, the ending was compacted with the only good stuff. I wanted Sumire to return (and I started off hating her, mind you) but not so soon. The poor girl needs more time to cope with the destructive, murderous upbringing of her father. Throwing her back into it just makes little sense and is also not very "exciting".

I'm glad you thought it was dope, @Doughboy! I was squealing so much! My baby Sarada became my favorite character in the series immediately when the Gaiden started. She's just so much "more" than the other females, even a lot of the males. So refreshing. That's why I'm so disappointed with the things happening to her in the new manga. :bored

Ugh, don't remind me! More of the movie scenes. The only good part about it is that we MIGHT get a slightly better retelling of it, with more scenes of Boruto training, conflict, my baby Sarada, more info on the enemies etc etc.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Original Post Date: Jul 15, 2017 at 5:35 AM ---
    There are spoiler summaries apparently out for the next few episodes, which concludes that the Sarada arc will begin at the end of episode 19. It is apparently going to be full of drama or filler-ish stuff. I of course put the content in a spoiler tag.

Episode 16 will be about Denki potentially repeating a year due to failures of chakra control or general failures, episode 17 will be about Sarada looking for a plush toy she lost (for a delivery in place of her mother to a sickly girl) and is called "Run, Sarada!" and episode 18 will be about Himawari getting sick (the flu?) and will be called "A Day in the Uzumaki House".

Episode 19 (at the end ?) is when the Sarada arc will start. HYPE!

7. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

United States
    So we'll have arc-less episodes before the Sarada arc. I have major trust issues with Naruto when it comes to filler...

8. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    Yup, it appears so, unless they have some scenes that reveal storyline post movie or connects to Sarada's arc.

9. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

United States
    :shootme. The only filler episode that sounds mildly interesting is the Himawari one. As much as a fan of Sarada I am her finding a plush toy? Souds lame lol. More importantly, I wonder how the structure of arcs will go. What I mean is we know we'll get Scarlet Spring, Vs. Momoshiki, and the Chunnin Exams arcs so I wonder what the order will be. In Shippuden SP messed up the order of the novels and didn't even animate the Kakashi one so I have a feeling they'll mash all these arcs in there and fuck it up SP-style as usual.

10. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    I'm hoping they handle it good, at the least. They could use this chance to further develop Sarada. I mean the idea of her "taking care" of a sickly girl in the hospital for her mother could either be very good or really, really, really bad.

Doughboy likes this.
  11. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

United States
    Yeah me too, it's obvious they've been hiding her since she's about to have her own dedicated arc. She really didn't do anything for the Ghost arc. It's about to be Sarada: Next Generations and it's for the better lol

Styx likes this.
  12. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    I honestly would have preferred the story continuing off of Sarada rather than Naruto jr, it would have been more interesting, but oh well. I guess I'll settle for one really good arc. xD
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 18, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Original Post Date: Jul 17, 2017 at 1:26 PM ---
    Boruto promotional art! I don't have any translations of it, sorry!

[​IMG]

Top left corner you see Sarada in the hospital with the sickly girl, so summaries were definitely right!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 19, 2017 at 12:17 PM ---
    The newest episode of Boruto is out guys! Mostly Denki of course. :) basically the only good came from the preview at the end. My baby Sarada scenes, of course! Such a sweet child. :wtf

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017 at 12:28 PM
    niichan, Zeref Spriggan and Doughboy like this.
  13. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Vigilante

Global Moderator

France
    @Styx You said that Sarada is your baby so many times, are you her real mother? :XD

Iwabe and Denki passed the exam just like Naruto in the past. I guess Lee will be their sensei in the future.

Zeref Spriggan likes this.
  14. Styx

Styx Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    I wish! Such a sweet child! I'd hug and squeeze her and spoil her certainly more than her real mother. :bnah
    and beat her ass for dressing like a hoe later on too

Yup, they passed in the end. I wonder if we will ever see these characters in the manga. We probably won't because Boruto is now like Ash and he makes a gang of new friends every arc. :XD
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 20, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Original Post Date: Jul 20, 2017 at 3:18 AM ---
    Some stuff!

Zeref Spriggan and Doughboy like this.