Shounen Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Nice chapter.
If anything, I am happy that Denji is getting help to take down this enemy. Even if he is powered up by Makima's blood (I'm assuming this comes with a special boost since it's well....Makima's blood), winning this solo would have been a bit far fetched.
Makes you wonder how the characters power levels are like so far :hmm
Loved this panel quite a bit. Reminds me of Claymore though. Awakened beings and all.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Loved this panel quite a bit. Reminds me of Claymore though. Awakened beings and all.
That panel was hilarious to me for some reason. Quanxii acting like it was her fight from the start, asking Denji to be backup :XD
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Recent chapter was fantastic as always!

The Quanxi reveal of her being the first Devil Hunter was a cool twist. What her actual Devil is.... is hard to tell. Though when Corpse Bride (do we actually know her name? I'm drawing a blank) pulled the blade out of Quanxi's eye it looked like there was feathers on the end, so my guess would be the Arrow/Bow Devil. This makes me curious about how old Quanxi is. Do we actually have a figure for how long humans have been hunting Devils for?

Yoshida is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters. The dude is just smooth, he oozes cautious confidence. He's clearly not a fool either, what with him being careful about Makima's ability to listen. Him knowing so much about her skill set is somewhat strange though, he must be in contact with someone who knows more about her. The information he put out is a nice hint to one of Makima's potential contracts, and considering what he said - that she uses lower life forms - its possible that she has a contract of the Vermin Devil. LMFAO at how everyone else is going through an absolute hellfest while Yoshida and Kishibe are just chilling while Octopus does all of the work. Who would have thought that getting thrown out of a building by Quanxi would end up saving them? Loved the respect the guys pay to each other as well. Really hope we get to see Kishibe go all out soon, he's got some really good hype around him and IIRC we only know one of his contracts. Plus he trained Makima, so he's got to have some OP tricks of his own.

Master turning the dolls back into conscious humans is awesome. Going to be really interesting to see how Denji deals with that, part of me thinks he might actually just kill them while feeling regret afterwards. As for Quanxi vs Master, Quanxi has to be the fastest character we've actually seen, right? The only character I can think of that should be faster (far faster, at that) is the Gun Devil, but that hasn't turned up yet. Regardless, Quanxi's speed is going to be useless if she can't get Master out of darkness. God, this result of this fight might actually be the hardest to predict in the manga so far. Obviously Master amped by that piece of Darkness is incredibly powerful, but she's up against the first human who ever hunted Devils and the Devil that everyone is after (presumably) due to its unawakened potential. Thinking about it I feel bad for Denji lmao, both Master and Quanxi are far more experienced and powerful. Dude is caught in a fight between two of the strongest entities to have ever walked the Earth...
Funniest scene in the whole manga was when he kicked Aki in the balls over and over! Lol!
That was hilarious but tbh I actually prefer this:
Not knowing what they actually did just cracks me up, especially since it must have been really bad given that Pow
@Ebony Maw I will say, this manga is really good:squee
I'm really glad you like it! Whose your fav character atm?
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'm really glad you like it! Whose your fav character atm?
Going with Denji atm. Only on chapter 22 so I'm kinda almost there. When Denji went full chainsaw berserk mode on the 8th floor demon, it was really cool and graphic.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Just caught up to chapter 67 and so far it's amazing. Action packed, really graphic and some of the villains are OP. Santa Claus seems really creepy. Will be interesting trying to see how Denji deals with everyone trying to kill him.

@Ebony Maw I change my mind, my favourite character is the shark devil. He's hilarious. I don't understand Makima's devil power though.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Going with Denji atm. Only on chapter 22 so I'm kinda almost there. When Denji went full chainsaw berserk mode on the 8th floor demon, it was really cool and graphic.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Just caught up to chapter 67 and so far it's amazing. Action packed, really graphic and some of the villains are OP. Santa Claus seems really creepy. Will be interesting trying to see how Denji deals with everyone trying to kill him.

@Ebony Maw I change my mind, my favourite character is the shark devil. He's hilarious. I don't understand Makima's devil power though.
I don't think anyone knows what Makima's full arsenal is, the only thing we know is that she can use 'lesser life forms' as surveillance devices.

And YES! Beam (Shark Devil) is awesome, really hoping he isn't dead (seeing what Darkness Devil did to him doesn't have me feeling optimistic tho).
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
And YES! Beam (Shark Devil) is awesome, really hoping he isn't dead (seeing what Darkness Devil did to him doesn't have me feeling optimistic tho).
I don't think he's dead. I doubt it. I think it's just a hype way to introduce the darkness devil.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,546
Reaction score
15,705
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Spoilers of chatper 68 are out by ebin.

簡単に、68話ダークパワー デンジは人殺しになりたかねーよと戦闘を避けるが、挟まれて攻撃。人殺しと言われ動きが止まった所に人形がおおいかかる。クァンシが介入「人形が人のマネをしてるだけだ、躊躇なく殺せ」「バカになれデンノコ」 師匠がクァンシを捕まえるが反撃する。 夜がきて闇の力で師匠パワーアップ。足人形の目力UP、手も増え、ツノはえる。デンジをガソリンスタンドにふっとばす。矢も捕らえる。ロン、ピンツイ?が人形になり、ツギハギを捕まえる。人形にクァンシは刺される。「はたして彼女は人形にできるのでしょうか」 デンジがガソリンをかぶり、チェンソーの火花で着火し、師匠に襲いかかる。「これがア‼︎光の力だああああ‼︎」

Resume in english:
Master turns dead Quanxi minions in dolls. She gets stronger with darkness powers. Denji dumb idea to fight the darkness is to impregnate himself in gasoline and put himself in fire
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,084
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
New pics




Japanese summary :
68話ダークパワー
デンジは人殺しになりたかねーよと戦闘を避けるが、挟まれて攻撃。人殺しと言われ動きが止まった所に人形がおおいかかる。クァンシが介入「人形が人のマネをしてるだけだ、躊躇なく殺せ」「バカになれデンノコ」
師匠がクァンシを捕まえるが反撃する。
夜がきて闇の力で師匠パワーアップ。足人形の目力UP、手も増え、ツノはえる。デンジをガソリンスタンドにふっとばす。矢も捕らえる。ロン、ピンツイ?が人形になり、ツギハギを捕まえる。人形にクァンシは刺される。「はたして彼女は人形にできるのでしょうか」
デンジがガソリンをかぶり、チェンソーの火花で着火し、師匠に襲いかかる。「これがア光の力だああああ」


ここまで。


光ではなく火の力ではないかと思った

Title chap 68 - Dark power
 

Daoloth

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
89
Reaction score
28
Age
49
Country
Tartaros
Salve I have to say some of that fan art or maybe most is better than the actual art within the manga ;). Power is probably my favorite character, so it was cool to see a few pics of her. I personally dipped a bit in how I enjoy or liked Chainsaw man around the mid 30's I think it was when he spared the katana devil or so :). I figure this is going to last past chapter 100, out of the new manga I only think that Bone one will get to 50 to a 100. I'm wondering would it be ever possible this has its own area like other manga does? I know some of the manga that has its own area isn't that active or they only release a few issues a year.

I'm wondering would it be possible to have a poll to let people vote for this to get its own section? I find it kinda hard to find spoilers for this in general, maybe I just look in the wrong places. I'm thinking if it had its own spot it would get more of them coming into here or around. I don't know the criteria, though I would vote for this having its own place if it was possible.

I don't trust anybody in this especially that chick he seems into or is her dog hehe. Power at least cared about that cat so she has some redemption even if can get a bit mean :). Long as she don't die or anything happen to her to distort I'll probably read it until JC Staff gets the Anime over Madhouse ;). If are into monster girls I guess this is a great thing haha. I think of this as like an older super hero comic before Marvel/DC/Image/etc all went SJW or sucked after 90's ;). Just hope if it gets an Anime it is done properly, I want One Punch Man Season 1 not 2 :).
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I'm hoping this will be the end of Santa because she keeps getting creepier like Denji mentioned. Plus with night quickly approaching she's about to hit invincible mode and that's a recipe for disaster.

Also why did Quanxii just stand there while one of the doll girls stabbed her? Especially after what she told Denji about the humans no longer being alive? If Santa had succeeded in turning Quanxii into a doll it would have been game over I think. Well excluding Makima pulling something else out of the blue. She might not be able to fight Santa but doll Quanxii shouldn't be a problem I think.

Do you think that denji will contract with other devils like pochita
and transform into them.
I actually think Pochita will just keep evolving until we discover what's so special about him. The start of the manga was all about the bond between him and Denji so I don't think that theme will be deviated from.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Tbh this Santa fight is weird. I don't want it to be over though, there's gotta be more to it. Quanxii needs to MVP it, using her women against her :feelsbadman
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,084
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Havent read last chap yet, but as much as i m enjoying the manga so far, i have an issue with santa too , its maybe only me, but i feel hes way too op for a character/antagonist appearing that early in the manga. More generally speaking, i have an issue with the op powers of a lot of characters at this stage of the series, including the MC, its sure entertaining but it gives them very little room for improvement (but thats probably bc im thinking of it from a traditional shonen perspective , i should maybe not) , and im always wondering what will come next, when we already saw all this that early. Thats one of the reason i think now, that the series is probably not designed to be too long ( at 1st i thought the contrary)
 
Top