Shounen Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It seems like makima is pushing denji to open that door(subconsciously, is that a word? Lol) but the question is, if she does know anything about the door... and what for.
I think this whole having dogs and makign denji a dog and poochita base form being a dog is all connected.

Also is it just me or is denji tasting power´s blood in the last panel?
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Makima has literally one shot the competition for Best Girl. Imma dub her, One Shot Queen

Meanwhile, behind the scenes, I bet my man Kishibe gearing up like:
 

Discomusic

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2020
Messages
621
Reaction score
1,690
Age
40
Country
Italy
There would have been a time where I would ingenuosly think "Not buying this, a main character can't die so casually. there will definitely be some shenanigans and she will be revealed alive in a matter of chapters, maybe saving the hero from a dire situation."

Once again, Chainsaw Man reminded us that it is not your average shonen manga.
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I never saw Power getting one-shotted by Makima, of all people. My question though is why Power was called to Makima's residence. Power could have just waited for Denji back at the apartment.
 

Ant-o

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2016
Messages
85
Reaction score
30
Age
39
Country
United States
Im thinking power knew something was up based on her appearance. Idk how to explain it but she looked "off"
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Rather shocking chapter.:eek:
This entire time, I thought Power was the safest character in the series. Since she is kind of like a mascot/comic relief.
Tbh, I am not even sure what killing her achieves here :hmm Like what is the point, really? I guess Makima was trying to test out the limits of how willing Denji would be to obey her, but like.......seriously :-_-
Just seems like dumb shock effect, but maybe I am salty :mad
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This entire time, I thought Power was the safest character in the series.

That reminds me, wasn't it supposed to be Denji killing her?

As for why, I think you're on track, it's a bit similar to what she did with Angel, so there's a precedent. Maybe something related with a person's pscyhe and her control powers.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There would have been a time where I would ingenuosly think "Not buying this, a main character can't die so casually. there will definitely be some shenanigans and she will be revealed alive in a matter of chapters, maybe saving the hero from a dire situation."

Once again, Chainsaw Man reminded us that it is not your average shonen manga.
Didja read the authors last manga?
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Okay, I just read the recent chapter, so.... what was the point of killing Power actually? Just to proof to Makima that Denji will still act as a dog because if his wish? Trying to bring him to ultimate despair to achieve his "true hidden" powers as the C
chainsaw man? Like, seriously tho.. obviously Makima has a plan or something, but not enterly sure what this exactly leads us towards tho.. now I am wondering if there exist a revival demon consdering most types of demons exist, so it wouldn't surprise me if that perhaps exist as well lol.

Also, is there something Makima can't do with her powers? It feels like she is almost any kind at this point. xD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Gonna leave this here because you know...




*Bang*
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You never know what you have until it's gone. Makima was jealous that Power was top tier waifu:swoon

Hopefully she's not actually dead.
Top tier waifu?? :yodawg Tbh, I'm not sad about her death, more about how brutal it was. It was a Power play by Makima.

Anyways, Reze was best waifu :hmph and antagonist
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,092
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
chap 82 spoilers

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

spoilers japanese :
パワーが死に、これは夢?とマキマに聞くデンジ
それを聞いて大爆笑のマキマ
ポチタとデンジの約束は契約だから、それを破棄するために今まで準備していたマキマ


そのためには最底辺の生活をしてきたデンジが「普通の生活」ができなくなるくらい一生立ち直れない傷を与えること
幸せ(仕事を用意してお金をあげる、美味しいものを沢山食べさせる、家族と暮らす)にしてから全部壊す

So take it with a grain of salt as usual, from what i get from the spoilers is that, when seeing Power dead, denji is asking if its a dream, Makima laughed. Seemingly her objective is to destroy denji and Pochita's contract (by giving him everything he neeeded (job, money family, dignity etc), then making him suffer so much that that he wont recover)

Japanese script

じゃあ途中から

デンジ「どうしてそんな…」
マキマ「罪を償う時がきたんだよ」
マキマ「キミの昔のことを調べたんだ」
マキマ「子供の脳って凄いよね」
マキマ「嫌な記憶を扉の向こうに隠しておくことができちゃうんだから」
マキマ「生き延びる為に扉の奥に隠したんだよね?」
マキマ「そうじゃないと普通の生活ができなくなっちゃうから

マキマ「デンジくんのお父さん」
マキマ「自殺したんじゃなくてキミが殺したんでしょ?」
精神世界の子供デンジが扉を開けると父親の死体が転がっている
マキマ「酔った父親に殺されそうになって仕方なかったんだよね」
マキマ「でも周りの大人は、それじゃあ借金が返ってくるわけじゃないから自殺にしてくれた」


マキマ「やっと扉を開けられた…」
マキマ「パワーちゃんを殺すのを手伝って、早川君も助けられたかもしれないのに殺して」
マキマ「自分の父親も殺して」
マキマ「そんな人間が普通の生活なんて望んでいいはずがないよね?」
子供デンジ「うん…」
翌日?ソファにグッタリ横たわるデンジと、優雅に朝食を食べるマキマ

次週へ

So we get to whats behind the door : behind the door its his father corpse he (denji) killed him. he wa

more pics :









 
Last edited:

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Never-ending WTFs
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
What in the world is going on

I don't even understand what is going on anymore, but Makima must die at least. Come on Denji !
 

Lil meen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
502
Reaction score
754
Age
23
Country
United States
This went from a awesome dark action series to a tragic horror manga.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I again implore you guys to read his previous work if you are enjoying the mind-fuckery
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I guess we can say that denji is

POWER-LESS

Against makima

eh

eh

EHHH
 

Karnak

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
411
Reaction score
637
Country
Dragonstone
When I first saw the spoiler pics I thought Makima was having a climax. Alas, my dirty mind wasn't to be cuz she was just being sadistic and laughing. :emocat

I still have no clue what direction this manga is going to take from here to be honest. C'est la vie :cookiearf
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I again implore you guys to read his previous work if you are enjoying the mind-fuckery
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I guess we can say that denji is

POWER-LESS

Against makima

eh

eh

EHHH
too soon, man, too soon :biblethump
 
Top