Detox

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 7, 2013
Messages
39
Reaction score
20
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Am I the only one who felt that the fandom, re-awakened on the last chapters?, Am I crazy?, dunno I just see more activity concerning claymore on internet =P.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Well raki was awesome last chapter hands down. Fangurls be crazy about him
 

littleangel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
787
Reaction score
377
Gender
Female
Country
Jordan
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Well raki was awesome last chapter hands down. Fangurls be crazy about him
Except me as I wish him dead asap.. But what can I do as I have to accept Teresa's blessings to him..
 

TacoCat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
87
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I like Raki alot and I'm a guy. I like his character and relationships with other characters. He's awesome. Brings things and feels to the series that would never be there, or only play a tiny role. Now it's a plus that he's a bad ass.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Except me as I wish him dead asap.. But what can I do as I have to accept Teresa's blessings to him..
he was annoying crap out of me in anime. the only person I despised more was Tsuna from Hitman reborn.

Raki was pretty good in manga lately. I am rather neutral about him. But yeah he has Teresa's stamp of approval which is hard to get it seems
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I like Raki alot and I'm a guy. I like his character and relationships with other characters. He's awesome. Brings things and feels to the series that would never be there, or only play a tiny role..
Agreed. His warm, friendly, golden masculinity is such an excellent contrast to the warriors. The story would be poorer without him. Plus, the scene with the trainees was soooooooo CUTE!

One thing that gets me about all the Raki-bashing is that a lot of the things people seem to hate him for; whining, neediness, showing human vulnerability; are things Clare does as well. She was very clingly and weepy when she was a kid, too, as anyone who's read chapter 150 will recall. The way I see it, Clare and Raki are more similar than any other people in this series: they're both people who need people. For them, their loved ones are their reason to live. Please stop hating on Raki guys, it's basically bashing Clare. Also, it's not his fault that the anime completely misinterpreted his character so don't judge him by that either.
 

TacoCat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
87
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Agreed. His warm, friendly, golden masculinity is such an excellent contrast to the warriors. The story would be poorer without him. Plus, the scene with the trainees was soooooooo CUTE!

One thing that gets me about all the Raki-bashing is that a lot of the things people seem to hate him for; whining, neediness, showing human vulnerability; are things Clare does as well. She was very clingly and weepy when she was a kid, too, as anyone who's read chapter 150 will recall. The way I see it, Clare and Raki are more similar than any other people in this series: they're both people who need people. For them, their loved ones are their reason to live. Please stop hating on Raki guys, it's basically bashing Clare. Also, it's not his fault that the anime completely misinterpreted his character so don't judge him by that either.
Yeah, to speak bluntly, I just pass the people who hate Raki off as pretty shallow. Especially when they use played out reasoning or cry about his relationship with Clare. It sucks to have to be forced to read their displeasure virtually everywhere :(, and it sucks the worst that they're all the exact same reasons for hatred. Legit no variation in reasoning. It's all the same. Hate to come out and say it, but holding it in for years is just pain on the soul. Makes me want to yell at the sky sometimes.

It must be bad to be him. He gets his ass kicked alot because of his choice in companionship and interest in Clare. Tough dude.
 
Last edited:

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

It knew that it was going to be very very close, but still that was intense. (It was a battle of straight hair vs. curly wavy hair!)

Beside being beautiful, Galatea is one of the tallest Claymore, standing at 185cm, so she could be a fashion model too.

Meant to ask earlier, but I've been on vacation and not online much. Was there a figure of Galetea that I wasn't aware of? I've been trying to collect all the claymore stuff I can, especially the figures but wasn't aware of any large figure other than Clare? It looks like a very nice piece!
 
Last edited:

TacoCat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
87
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Well since I'm getting them feels out there:

I can't figure out what makes Claymore so alluring… I usually am not interested in anime/manga so much, but Claymore is so different. It's strange. There are so many vague things in the series that are like "what the f**k was that even for," but they're not that bad. Like dragon's kin, parasites, and complete regeneration out of no damn where, but it's so awesome. It's so much deeper than sword fighting vixens, monsters, and badassery, although they're a huge plus. I can't put my thumb on it.

I've been following the series for so long, and it takes so long, but it's worth it. Please end already so I can get all the volumes. End nicely. That'd be great. It'd break my heart for it to end per se, but 12 years! Geez. As old as my brother. Lucky for me, I was growing up when this story started. I can't imagine how bad it must've been to follow since dia uno. 4 years is too much for me.
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I feel you bro :p Finish it so I can also finish collecting the books, but at the same time I want more story and more expansion to the universe. Maybe it's the fantastical setting, maybe it's the characters, maybe it's the action, maybe it's the 'straightforwardness' of the story, it's probably all of these things and more. Though by common standards there are many more other series that are (so-called) better written, Claymore attracts me the most in every way I can think of and I have hardly any idea what exactly it is that does it for me. It's like a chronicle of Claymore drawn in pictures, and in addition to that we integrate ourselves into Clare's journey. I'm sure most readers who have followed it long enough will feel the same, a character whom we can relate to in one way or another: cheer for in success, and feel the feels during emotional moments etc.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Well since I'm getting them feels out there:

I can't figure out what makes Claymore so alluring… I usually am not interested in anime/manga so much, but Claymore is so different. It's strange. There are so many vague things in the series that are like "what the f**k was that even for," but they're not that bad. Like dragon's kin, parasites, and complete regeneration out of no damn where, but it's so awesome. It's so much deeper than sword fighting vixens, monsters, and badassery, although they're a huge plus. I can't put my thumb on it.
For me, the manga stands on Yagi's phenomenal gift for character. The first time I read this story, I found myself enjoying the way Raki and Clare interacted as early as their arrival in Rabona. Things only got better with time and cast size and now, 18 months later, I don't like fight scenes because I hate it seeing these paper people I love in pain.

Yagi may invent random stuff sometimes out of narrative necessity, but he never, ever compromises the integrity of his characters. This gives his story an emotional core capable of holding readers for years (just look at the Teresa fans), a core it shares with every other story which has held my interest for so long. Te mea nui, indeed.

Has anyone here ever read Angel Densetsu? It has no central plot or protagonist, it's a series of interwoven character studies. It's great fun, I highly recommend it, and what makes it great is the sanguine enthusiasm of Ryoko, Seichiro's inexhaustible goodwill, and every single scene involving Ikuno Shirataki. Perhaps the most interesting part of the entire manga is the afterword which Yagi devotes entirely to talking about how important his characters are to his creative process. Claymore is a different story with a different focus (and a lot more overall structure) so none of this may actually be relevant, but it suits my interpretation of what makes this story exceptional.

It's more than that, though. I've read lots of stories which are superior to Claymore in every possible way but which didn't reach my soul in the same way. Personally, I've always liked casts with a nice range of female characters, stories about how people help each other heal and find joy and meaning in spite of hostile circumstances, stories with cool fight scenes backed up by actual plot (so rare T_T), stories about smart, nice people, and stories about people rising up and reclaiming their humanity. I see all these things in Claymore. If you were designing a story which would bypass all my critical facilities and leave me babbling like an idiot for months on end,you couldn't do better than this.

Truly it is more than the sum of its parts.
 
Last edited:

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

Meant to ask earlier, but I've been on vacation and not online much. Was there a figure of Galetea that I wasn't aware of? I've been trying to collect all the claymore stuff I can, especially the figures but wasn't aware of any large figure other than Clare? It looks like a very nice piece!
Agreed, the painting is superb on this. It seems this image comes from here:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/60524
I'm not so familiar with figures, but the few Shining Wizard figures I've seen are all very high quality :verily Hope they make Anastasia too!
 

kureimoa

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 7, 2014
Messages
15
Reaction score
7
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Klaymore has a lot of heart, pretty much the only manga that can bring tears to my eyes. It`s a beautiful kind of story that`s hard to come across these days. I've read about 100 manga and none has come even close to doing that.
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

We're nearly halfway to the next chapter guys! Here's another Teresa meme to celebrate :D



I know the reference is a bit old, I'm dumb like that ^_^
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

I can't figure out what makes Claymore so alluring…
I'm sure this has been discussed many-a-times here. And I'm not very good at coming up with the words to express my answer, though Number A hits most of what I was thinking.

For me, I am not that experienced with anime/manga. I had some friends in college into anime but after seeing a few I never got into it. Seems like most were geared for the younger crowd. I only got back into it a few years ago when I switched the genre on netflix to anime to fend off boredom from seeing everything else on netflix already. I was like what the heck, I'll give it a shot. I didnt know what to try although one caught my eye on the first screen, Sekirei, yeah with the huge boobs and all. I'm like well its ok but this is kind of silly and none of it seemed plausible. I tried a few others here and there, late nights I was staying up to prepare myself for coming nightshifts but I rarely went more than a few episodes in before I lost interest. Most anime to me either was to non-plausible, too silly, too much fan service, all a bunch of high school or college kids, etc. Then I randomly picked Claymore one night. Ok, cute girl, armored, big sword, worth checking out at least. First episode didnt blow me away by any means but it didnt turn me away either. Decided to watch another. Ok, at least all the things I didnt like about every other anime I'd watched werent an issue with Claymore. Most all the characters besides Raki were adults, the women were all shown nicely and not unrealistically proportioned, the plot while only unraveling bit by bit seemed good and pulled me in wanting to know more. I liked Clare, could relate to her, empathize with her, etc. She was so distant and cold on the outside but you knew there was a lot more on the inside. Rabona sealed the deal for me. Even as cold and unpleasant as she seemed at first, and how they were despised by the people of Rabona and Sid and Gaulk even tried to take her down, she seemed to care so much for them, concerned with their safety and risking everything to fight the Yoma while keeping them from harms way at the same time. I tend not to like magic and super power, etc, but the thought of shape shifting demons wasnt too far fetched, and making human hybrids that would give humans some of their abilities was plausible (I do love shows like underworld fwiw). I got to admit things started getting a bit more far fetched towards the end, but I was already hooked. I'll stop before I ramble too much though.

The only other anime I've found I really enjoy almost as much is Ghost in the Shell. And similar in that its cast is adults like Claymore and more on the serious side. But I've seen very few, basically whats on netflix. Though ironically both of these which became my favorites are no longer on netflix. But just for the record I actually do like a little of the less serious ones, fan service, etc, just wouldnt call them that great or my favorites.
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Yeah, the feeling that underneath this cold, impassive exterior there's a person was important for me as well in the early chapters.

Have you ever seen Psycho-Pass, btw?
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

Agreed, the painting is superb on this. It seems this image comes from here:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/60524
I'm not so familiar with figures, but the few Shining Wizard figures I've seen are all very high quality :verily Hope they make Anastasia too!
I have got to find this somewhere! Darn it. I spent a year or more searching ebay and stuff to finally acquire all the figures I have, but never even knew about this one. I'll be looking for it for sure!

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 AM ----------

Yeah, the feeling that underneath this cold, impassive exterior there's a person was important for me as well in the early chapters.

Have you ever seen Psycho-Pass, btw?
No, never heard of that one, I can look for it sometime. Havent really watched any television in several months though!
 
Top