Shinomori Aoshi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
226
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Great chapter! Thank God February has 28 days so the wait for the next one will be somewhat shorter...
I hear most of you people saying you hate Clarice and Miata and, to tell you the truth, I don't get it..I liked Clarice right from the start and I still don't find something I should hate about her; it's just another incredible character with traits of its own in this great manga... As for Miata, I didn't like or dislike her till now, but after this chapter she definetely goes in my 'I like' list
 

Aozora123bio

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
21
Reaction score
3
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

We didn't hate Clarice, she just was portrayed as one of those Raki anime characters who do nothing but scream and shout encouragement and waste time saying the same bullshit all over again despite the obvious. No one had much problem about Miata, has some mental issues and stuff but all Claymores have them so...
 

PB|Ichigo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
211
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Yay! What a damn exciting chapter, and F-H is as always super fast and got a decent quality too, shame, that they're baned here!
I especially liked the last doublepanel with Clare and the rest of the northern ones. Especially in a well scanned quality, just nice!
And hey, Clare alone cut off one of Agatha's legs, damn now we kinda get a feeling of how much she must have developed, even if it was by surprise, she's still pretty strong! So my prediction is that Agatha will get owned in the next couple of chapters (79 maybe?). Than there might be the possibility of Galatea joining them? There's also the possibility of a conflict between Clarice/Miata and Clare & co. Hmm pretty much is possible, just some random guesses on my account.
 

Unholy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
45
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Galatea can get her arm back she is a defensive type so no big deal for her.Agatha is as good as dead now, dunno if clare is strong enought to take her down on a 1x1 whoever all the 7 survivers from pieta are alot stronger than normal claymores, agatha dosent stand a chance agains all of them.I can see claris/miata fighting clare now, first they are outnumbered and they are pretty beaten up.Unless we get another awaken to join the fight or one of the claymores awaken for some reason i would say clare and co will run away with galatea and claris miata will just report what happen to the organization.
 

AfterMath

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
608
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

it really surprise me that galatea didn't even senses claire & co despite her saying that after she lost her eyes she's able to sense youki like ever before..
next chapter is gonna be awesome.
 

Shinomori Aoshi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
226
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

We didn't hate Clarice, she just was portrayed as one of those Raki anime characters who do nothing but scream and shout encouragement and waste time saying the same bullshit all over again despite the obvious. No one had much problem about Miata, has some mental issues and stuff but all Claymores have them so...
Got it. Sorry if I offended you in any way, but I actually liked Clarice from the very beginning, the first chapter after the 7 year gap, and I also like Raki despite all those things you mention... I just don't have a problem with a character just because he/she is weak. (In fact this is the first manga I've read that I find it hard to not like even a single character! -with the possible exception of Ruroken)

P.S. I don't want to start a whole new subject of 'who hates Clarice?' and such... I just state my opinion.
 

Exodus53

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

it really surprise me that galatea didn't even senses claire & co despite her saying that after she lost her eyes she's able to sense youki like ever before..
next chapter is gonna be awesome.
Yea she did sense them. Thats why she told those other 2 to get away from there
 

Anima

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
40
Reaction score
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Yea she did sense them. Thats why she told those other 2 to get away from there
Huh? She told Clarice to take Miata and run because Agatha was preparing to launch the killing blow.
After Clare took Agatha's leg, Galatea was wondering what the hell was going on, a sign that she didn't sense who did the attack.

Galatea might have been distracted but hopefully next chapter will reveal the mystery of whether or not Galatea can sense the 7 ghosts.
 
Last edited:

memoloco

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

true also remember that when the 7 ghosts saved the haunting party from de abyssal one (dont remeber the name) she didn't sensed them either,. that means that they are doing a pretty good job hidin their yoki. now who knows maybe galatea was indeed to distracted to sense them, and who wouldn't havind an awakened being and a claymore on her back.
 

rukori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
451
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

I'm thinking on who cut Galatea's eyes and why...:headscratch
My personal opinion is Raki who became a bad guy in the effect of priscillia and Isley.:p
well what do u think?:eek
 

Anima

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
40
Reaction score
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

@memoloco: It's Riful damn it! We only have 3 abyssals (one might have deceased) and you forgot the one which got the most panel time? :p
 

Unholy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
45
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

@memoloco: It's Riful damn it! We only have 3 abyssals (one might have deceased) and you forgot the one which got the most panel time? :p
One is dead for sure, forgot her name but after she fought isley her sister (n 5 at the time) came by and killed her, dunno if the n 5 also died.I would say most likely it was another claymore that took her eyes number 2 or 1 since those are the only stronger than galatea, i would say she was trieng to leave the organiation got catch, fought and lost her eyes but managed to get away somehow.Riful mentioned asked claire about galatea and if im not mistaken she also says to claire that she hasent seem galatea since that time, Isley and priscilla had no reason to fight her and i cant really think of any other strong awaken being that could take her eyes.
 

Shinomori Aoshi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
226
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

I'm pretty sure there's a summary on one of these chapters (possibly 75) in japanese, which doesn't get translated generally, but it's on the side of one of the pages; and there it's clearly said that she took her own eyes. And that explanation also makes sense (hiding the silver eyes).
 

Anima

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
40
Reaction score
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

@Shinomori Aoshi: Indeed, she did. Ch#75 page #4 has it clearly stated that she took her own sight.

@Unholy: That would be Luciella and I said that she "might have deceased" because I have a theory which I believe Luciella wasn't killed by her sister Rafaela but rather forcefully revereted back by soul link. Let me quote myself from Animesuki's forum:
Hmmm.. you had me thinking right there. I went through the chapters regarding Rafaela and that incident. I think you have a point. It might have been something to do with someone interfering with the soul link since when Rafaela apologized to Luciela about not being strong enough, Luciela's reply was "That's ok, it's not your fault". Of course that could be just to comfort her sister but IMO it could carry both meanings.

Now I had this crazy idea which made me very excited! What if what we all believe to be a killing hug from Rafaela was actually nothing but a forceful pull back to revert the awakened Luciela? Now, why would I think that? Because in Jean/Clare reverting incidents we see a huge yoki explosion and the one being pulled shows painful expressions (We didn't see Jean's but I suppose it's possible since it was put as a cliffhanger + Clare saying it was a painful exhausting procedure). We also saw those yoma veins surfacing the faces of both. At least the one pulling does for sure since they have to synchronize their yoki with the AB and the AB already has his veins surfacing. All those factors where shown in Rafaela/Luciela's incident! Plus I never thought an AB (let alone an abyssal) would die from just getting his/her back broken! Heck, even Ophelia survived a broken neck while being a claymore. The fact that Luciela's arm fell like she was dead could be nothing but from fainting after reverting back forcefully. This theory could also come in favor of what we think Riful is aiming for and that is to neutralize Priscilla.

We never really heard Rafaela saying that she "wants" to kill her sister or that she hates her. It was all Rubel's assumption. Also come to think of it, why would Rafaela try to kill her sister using that bear hug? Luciela was powerless and all what Rafaela had to do was swing that claymore and cut that neck of Luciela with ease and save her the pain she would go with a broken back.

You might ask about how did Rafaela think that an AB could revert back, I think it's obvious. She was taught how to use soul link for this very same purpose! to revert back the AB. So I don't think it's that far fetched. What Clare and Galatea did was a crude soul link in that it only reverts the AB while a complete soul link controls that AB throughout his awakening process (before, during, and after).

Now, I know all of this is wild speculation. I wouldn't be surprised if Luciela and Rafaela showed up sometime in the future together as normal claymores. This of course could pose a dangerous plot-destroyer which is that ABs can be forcefully brought back which is just not right since our fab 7 could just go wild and revert back as they please (Although knowing the fab7 would never risk such a thing) but if my theory was right, I am sure Yagi wont ruin it like this. Maybe he will show us that Luciela reverted but died afterward as it was done forcefully. Who knows. I am just excited right now! :D
I also found out that there are some people in other forums who also shares my view.
 

memoloco

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

that's right, I think that something is good is coming, tha abyssal ones deserve a more challenging death and rafaela doesn't look like the type that would do such thing as killing her own sister.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

and rafaela doesn't look like the type that would do such thing as killing her own sister.
Apart from the fact that Rafaela had been chasing her sister with the intent to kill her for the past few years, that sounds plausible. :oh
 

Anima

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
40
Reaction score
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Apart from the fact that Rafaela had been chasing her sister with the intent to kill her for the past few years, that sounds plausible. :oh
"We never really heard Rafaela saying that she 'wants' to kill her sister or that she hates her. It was all Rubel's assumption." That's really an important point IMO.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

I never said she hated her sister, we even know for sure that she doesn't, but she was chasing her to kill, in a way to 'atone' for what happened. To Rafaela, her sister was already dead, and the Abyssal One that was left was just some sort of residue from the accident that needed to be taken care of.

At least that's how I saw her.
 

Unholy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
45
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

I never said she hated her sister, we even know for sure that she doesn't, but she was chasing her to kill, in a way to 'atone' for what happened. To Rafaela, her sister was already dead, and the Abyssal One that was left was just some sort of residue from the accident that needed to be taken care of.

At least that's how I saw her.
I hope that theory is not correct since we already got alot of important chars whoever u got to admit it is possibly.Rafaela never said she planned to kill Luciela, she just sort of confirmed that she was planning to atone for her mistake, bringing back Luciela ( i mean turning her back to a regular claymore) is actually a way to do so, i dont know if it is possible but since we didnt get to see rafaela kill her (in the sense of see her head being cut of or something similar) there is room for this kind of theory.
 

Epsilonium

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2007
Messages
68
Reaction score
53
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Breaking the backbone is quite enough for the sign of killing...
how could that be soul link? Luciela had completely awakened, not even possible to go back to half-awakened state or claymore warrior.
Rafaela is probably the one to wish that to be possible the most (right, it's my imagination but just leave me). She can't leave her sister awakened and harmful to others. I think it is pretty natural to decide a murder if turning back isn't possible.
Of course, after breaking Luciela's backbone, we don't know anything yet. Rafela is most likely not on organization's side anymore, but the sisters' current conditions, it's not clearly stated yet.

I think it is going to be cleared later in the story. If we come to know Rafaela's current situation and how she had come to that, it will likely be clear whether Luciela is dead or alive.
 
Top