Art DGM Volume Covers Thread

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I think the alternative cover is included with this month's issue.
 

Ninja Spud

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I was actually expecting *that* picture to become the cover, but i'm happy with the one we ended up with, too (I am also happy with the lack of purple for once. Or any other strange colors for that matter. I never thought i would miss the color red so much...).
I do love Hoshino's coloring, don't get me wrong. But once in a while I'd love for her to use normal colors. I loved the last picture we got of Allen and Kanda for that reason. It feels good just to see something different once in a while. : )

Now.. I would love Viz to come out with like, a special edition of vol.20 with the alternative cover included or something. *wants*
 

aorin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
374
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Way to make me spend money, Shueisha, because you just know that I'll end up buying everything, volume 20 and the latest issue just to get the alternative cover :]

Like earthforge, I'm not exactly raving over volume 20's official cover (for similar reasons), but I am looking forward to the short comic that's usually included in the inner cover. I liked the previous one about the Noah, hopefully this will be just as hilarious.

And maybe Hoshino will shower us with more 4-koma comics (Bookman's auction, etc) at the end of the book, I actually liked this new format more than the previous one about D.Gray family (the one where she changes the dialogue in the original comic into some kind of cracked up family drama). Even the early interview format was better choice since they give us insights about the characters.

...Brb, ordering the latest volume and SQ from Kino. /runs
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Can anyone confirm whether or not it goes up to Chapter 194? It should be out in Japan now, so hopefully we'll get some info soon. <3

I'm hoping that Hoshino does a bunch of 4koma again. Last volume reminded me of Fullmetal Alchemist with all of the little strips at the end (as well as the hilarious inside cover).
 

aorin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
374
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
@Jaymie
Most likely it will include Chapter 194. According to the Shueisha site, volume 20 will have 196 pages. And if we combine the number of pages from 189 - 194 , there is 193 pages in total. The other 3 pages are probably 2 pages of character info and probably a page of thanks and acknowledgement.

But if that's the case, there wouldn't be any space left for some 4-koma comics D: At any rate, I hope someone who owns a copy of volume 20 can enlighten us (or I'll just wait till my copy arrives.)
 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
@Jaymie
Most likely it will include Chapter 194. According to the Shueisha site, volume 20 will have 196 pages. And if we combine the number of pages from 189 - 194 , there is 193 pages in total. The other 3 pages are probably 2 pages of character info and probably a page of thanks and acknowledgement.

But if that's the case, there wouldn't be any space left for some 4-koma comics D: At any rate, I hope someone who owns a copy of volume 20 can enlighten us (or I'll just wait till my copy arrives.)
Around how many pages does the 4-koma comics usually have?:)
 

aorin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
374
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Around how many pages does the 4-koma comics usually have?:)
In volume 19, there are three 4-koma comics (+ an additional image of Lavi complaining) spreaded over 2 pages :'D I'm hoping for a similar amount for this volume. Otherwise, there are also some extra pages between chapters. These pages can be filled with anything--interviews, D.Gray family gag, drawings by Hoshino's family, random images, character stats.

Initially, I had thought that 194 would be left out, so that would leave her 21 - 24 pages for other materials. But even with everything included (2 pages of character info, 4 extra pages in between chapters, 2 pages of 4-koma, 1 content page, 1 title page and 1 credit page) there's still about 10 pages left to fill. :blink
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
According to this Jap fan who bought vol 20, Edgar was 43 years old and Touyi was 39.

The person also hinted at the extra by saying something about them crying in the train since morning... (Not sure if that's right)

Since it was tedious to type on a mobile, they might say more later.
 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
According to this Jap fan who bought vol 20, Edgar was 43 years old and Touyi was 39.

The person also hinted at the extra by saying something about them crying in the train since morning... (Not sure if that's right)

Since it was tedious to type on a mobile, they might say more later.
Wow. There definitely don't look like that age. :D But it's common sense if they're Bak's parent(unsure if it is or not, or so I saw from other posts).:sweaty
 

aorin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
374
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
According to this Jap fan who bought vol 20, Edgar was 43 years old and Touyi was 39.

The person also hinted at the extra by saying something about them crying in the train since morning... (Not sure if that's right)

Since it was tedious to type on a mobile, they might say more later.
OMG! *hugs TC* Thank you so much for the info! Where's my copy, dang it! Gosh, they sure look young for their age! Goodness, I can still believe Touyi's age to a certain degree since she's rather mature but Edgar looks barely a day over 25 O.O But I guess all this makes sense if they are indeed Bak's parents. And thanks for the link too! ;D

Edit: Read through entry in that link. And yup, I think it's confirmed they are indeed Bak's parents. Now, I'm feeling extremely sorry for that bloke, that tragedy was indeed a great loss to him D:

I'm not sure about the crying bit but I'm sure this person mentioned that there's a side story! I mean, this word (番外編) stands for side story, right? RIGHT?! TELL ME I'M RIGHT! XD

Also, I'm giggling at the part where the blogger panicked when they realised Edgar was older and they always believed that Edgar was the sort to go for older women XD
 
Last edited:

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Lol, Edgar really does look young doesn't he? And that comment about chasing older woman.... Tuuyi *still has no idea how to romanize this name* is a good compromise. XD And I thought the bit about them being Bak's parents was obvious so I didn't say so earlier. ><

And yeah, 番外編 is like a side story/gaiden of sorts (Jap link). It either has no direct relation to the main story, is something that happened between chapters or it might be an inside story.
 

DGrayWonderland

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

hello! um... I don´t know if this is the correct thread for this but... can anyone tell me where I can buy (online) the volume 20?
sorry for my english :darn

Moderator Notice:
Don't worry! I'll just move this to the correct thread for you. ^^~ riki
 
Last edited by a moderator:

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
@DGrayWonderland: I'm not familliar with the Spanish scene, but maybe you can PM and ask ying_su.


Okay, some volume 20 info coming in. Sources are here , here and here (Jap links)

Volume 20 said:
Vol 20 has chapters 189 to 193 + 193.5.
  • Under the front cover is a short with the Millenium Earl (human form) and Lavi wearing the Earl's usual form as costumes. Allen might be in it as well. "Eh, Lavi's a stuntman? Hooray!!" "Boy? How do you feel about being taught a lesson with needles in the soles of your shoes?" I have no idea who says what.
  • Colour illustration of Kanda from the Jump SQ premium cards is attatched.
  • Bonus between chapters seem to be in order of 1) Link and Timcanpi illustration 2) Edgar's profile 3) Touyi's profile 4) Alma and Yuu illustration 5) Zuu's profile 6) (Special Thanks page) Alma, Yuu and Yoshi the rabbit illustration.
  • Extra at the end of the volume is chapter 193.5, a three page bonus chapter dealing with the aftermath of Alma's massacre.
That's all for now. Wish there were pictures to make sense of the inner volume cover.
 
Last edited:

aorin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
374
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
TC, YOU GO GIRL! Thank you for all the links!

And now, a little something that I found on 2ch. Credits go to TC who helped me and translated the final spoiler :'D

First up, Edgar, Touyi and Zuu's profile.
Spoilers/Profile
Verification: Confirmed
Source: 2ch
Credits: 妹 ◆lOoG5hDLWs

アジア支部支部長補佐役 エドガー・チャン・マルティン(43)
 バクの実父。ドイツ出身。黒の教団創設にかかわったひとりである
 ドイツ人魔術士の血を引いたチャン家の分家の出。
 トゥイとは生まれる前から決められた許嫁だった。
 イケメンだが神は伸ばしっぱなしのボサボサでオシャレは苦手。
 トゥイ大好き。ちょっと泣き虫。アルマ暴走の折、死亡。
 4月10日生まれ 牡羊座 O型

アジア支部長 トゥイ・チャン(39)
 バクの実母。古の魔術を受け継ぐチャン家の当主として
 『第ニ使徒計画』の技術面の指揮を執る。
 ユウやアルマが持つ再生能力は、チャン家の秘術から生み出されたもの。
 ズゥは先代当主だった父の実兄で伯父にあたる。
 跡取りのバクには、いつか室長となって教団の負の体質を変えてもらいたいという
 願いをかけていた為、厳しく教育していた。
 アルマ暴走の折、レニーを研究室の外に逃がし、自らはアルマに殺され死亡。
 9月29日生まれ 天秤座 A型

対AKUMA武器製造者(兼アジア支部料理長) 刀匠 ズゥ・メイ・チャン(年齢不詳)
 かつてはチャン家きっての偉大な魔導士で中央庁高官に就き強い権力を持っていた。
 若き日のルベリエの教師だったこともあり、彼を「マルコム」と呼びすてる数少ない人物。
 料理の腕もかなりの達人で、現在本部料理長のジェリーの師匠でもある。
 『第ニ使徒計画』には直接の参加はしていなかったが、自身の罪悪感から無視できず、
 研究所の厨房によく顔を出し様子を見守っていた。
 何か大きな罪を抱えているらしく、長年、その罪悪感に苦しんでいる。


Translation/Profile
Source: 2ch
Credit: 妹 ◆lOoG5hDLWs
Verification: Confirmed

Asian Branch Chief Assistant: Edgar Chang Martin (43)
Bak’s father. Born in Germany.
He’s from the Chang clan branch family that possesses the blood of the German magician who was one of the founder of the Black Order.
His marriage to Touyi had been decided before their birth.
He’s a good-looking man, but he can't pull off (or 'is bad at being fashionable with') messy long hair.
Loves Touyi very much. A bit of a crybaby. Died during Alma’s rampage.
Birthday: 10th April. Aries. Bloodtype: O

Asian Branch Chief Touyi Chang (39)
Bak’s mother. Inherited ancient magic and is the Head of the Chang clan.
She’s in charge of the technical side of the ‘Second Apostle Project’
The regeneration ability that Yu and Alma possess is a secret skill created by the Chang clan.
Zuu is Touyi’s uncle and the older brother of the previous Branch Chief who is Touyi’s father.
In hopes that her heir, Bak would one day succeed as the Supervisor and change the negative aspects of the Order, he was given strict education.
When Alma went on a rampage, Renee managed to escape from the lab but she herself was killed by Alma.
Birthday: 29th September. Libra. Bloodtype: A

Manufacturer of Anti-Akuma Weapons (Also the Head Chef of the Asian Branch) Swordsmith Zuu Mei Chang (Age unknown)
Formerly a great magician of the Chang clan who held a high position and wields a substantial power in the Central.
He was the teacher of a younger Leverrier and one of the few people that addresses him as ‘Malcolm’.
He’s also a master in culinary, and happens to be the master of Jeryy, the current Head Chef of the Headquarters.
Even though he wasn’t directly involved in the ‘Second Apostle Project’, he couldn’t ignore his own guilt, he usually showed up in the research lab's kitchen to watch over the state of affairs.
He seems to be carrying some kind of great sin and after many years, those feelings of guilt still torment him.


-------

Spoilers for 193.5
Source: 2ch
Credit: 妹 ◆lOoG5hDLWs
Verification: Confirmed
番外編 193.5 (3p/g)
・エドガーの死体を運びながら労りの言葉をかけているフォー、泣く
・フォーが頼まれてたこと
 →「どんな結果になっても私達を守らないでね、それが研究所の皆の総意」
・守り神に守るなって何だよバカヤロー
・エドガーとトゥイが寄り添って手を繋いでいるコマ


Translation for Spoilers of 193.5
Source: 2ch
Credit: 妹 ◆lOoG5hDLWs & TitaniumChloride for the translation
Verification: Confirmed
Side Story 193.5 (3 pages)
- Fou, who while transporting Edgar's dead body, is speaking sympathising words. She cries.
- What Fou was requested to do: "No matter what the results, don't protect us alright? This is the consensus of everyone of the research lab."
- "What's a guardian deity who can't protect, idiot?"
- There's a panel of Edgar and Touyi close together with their hands joined.


One more thing. I haven't seen any spoiler pics yet, but there is a preview of the first chapter of Volume 20 in s-manga.net. There, you can see the Link & Timcanpy image. It is exquisitely adorable XD
 
Last edited:

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Thanks guys! Link & Timcampy looked utterly cute. Am I the only one not surprised by Twi and Edgar's age? Anyhow, it's sad, they were my favorite scientists. Poor Bak, no wonder why he is so passionate about the Thirds. I look forward to seeing the Fo pics!
 

harmaa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
205
Reaction score
17
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm so happy about 193.5! I was really disappointed by how easily Edgar's death was passed over, but this makes it all better.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I wonder if Volume 20 says when Volume 21 comes out? Since chapters 194 and 195 are already published, it would make sense if Volume 21 comes out in four months. It would be agonizing, to say the least, if we have to wait six months for a volume again. Who remembers when DGM used to come out every three months? Me neither.
 

aorin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
374
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Hey all, I have Volume 20 with me :'D I've scanned Chapter 193.5 and the additional pictures last night and I'll be uploading here. I have the translation for 193.5 which I'll include here but it'll be nice if someone can offer to clean and typeset this :'D

Inner Cover of Volume 20


Title: Volume 20 Behind the Scenes
Here, the Earl is taking a 30-minute break from his work as a stuntman. His next scene is the 'Allen and Tyki crashing onto the Earl' scene. And he's happy that he's able to work on such action even at this age. Lavi, on the hand, is another stuntman because he's just too free. Same for Timcanpy, who's working part-time as the road doll.

And Tyki asked Allen (calling him shounen) if he wants to add nails to the soles of their shoes before they make this scene XD

Also sorry that the scan is rather small. I'll see if I can upload a better one so that you can see all the text properly.

Edgar, Touyi and Zuu's profile






Edgar looks so dorky and adorable XD Touyi is badass as usual ;D And Zuu looks pretty good too.

Additional Images: Link & Timcanpy; Alma & Kanda




Oh Link, ever busy with Timcanpy following faithfully for food obviously. The Alma & Kanda picture is cool too, reminds me a lot of the Crow+Link graffiti.

Special Thanks Page (or as I call it, THE COVER THAT NEVER MADE IT)


Go on, compare this with the Volume 20 cover and tell me you can't see the resemblance in their poses XD Make what you will of it ;D In the place of Timcanpy, we have Yoshi, the diabolical bunny.

Panels that has been touched-up











Most of the background of Bak's panels were fixed, so that it actually looks like they are still underground. The rest were more or less the same since the drawing was top notch over the last couple of chapters.

Though, I just couldn't figure out why Hoshino chose to fix the bubble in Allen's panel. Obviously the symbols were funnier :/

I've saved the best for last. Be prepared to have your heart gutted out T_T
(Translation by K & L included below each image. Images auto-resized by PB)

Chapter 193.5 Friends

"It was long -
And painful, too.
But hey, it's finally over."


"Guess this means they'll finally put an end to the Second Apostle Project."

"Please...Fou.
Promise you won't protect us, no matter what it leads to.
It's what all of us in the research facility want."


"Geez...
What the hell were you saying, telling a guardian deity not to protect you.
You freakin' idiots..."

Edit: I've included the larger images for Chapter 193.5 here.
Trust me, it looks much better here than the auto-resized image.
 
Last edited:

harmaa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
205
Reaction score
17
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Oh god... I love you right now, Aorin... Although my heart is breaking.
 
Top