Art DGM Volume Covers Thread

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
why don't you scan now ? it'll be a present for 2011 :D
 

luna_wolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
237
Reaction score
23
Gender
Female
Country
England
if no one has by the 10th (when mine arives) ill scan mine <3
if it arives earlier i will scan it then, but the 10th is the earlliest aparently it will arive XD
fingers crossed it will arive soon!
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
if it arives earlier i will scan it then, but the 10th is the earlliest aparently it will arive XD
fingers crossed it will arive soon!
OO got it. You don't have the volume with you, right ? :P
 

luna_wolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
237
Reaction score
23
Gender
Female
Country
England
XD
if i did, i wouldnt be here, i would be curled up on somthing soft, stroking it gently whispering sweet nothings into its pages....wait what
<_<
>_>
<_<
>_>
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
/\ hehehe, she sounds cute

When you get your volume, ask relory which pages were already scanned. She is doing it, but it's a lot of pages.
 

luna_wolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
237
Reaction score
23
Gender
Female
Country
England
>////<
will do!
 

karoniokta

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
11
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I tried translating Hoshino's message/comment on volume 21, in the little foldy-page thing.. and came up a really bad translation. XD
Instead, I'll post what is written there and you can try to translate it for yourself:

I just put them in spoiler tags to make less space..
Japanese writing:
仕事部屋は自宅とアトリエとひとつずつあるのですが, どうしても自宅の仕事部屋のほうがインチリアを凝ってしまってアトリエのほうはおざなり~のバッチイ状態。

でも滞在時間はアトリエのがはるかに上回ってるんだよなあってことで, ちょびっとだけアトリエの仕事部屋を可愛くしてみた今日この頃。

でもやっぱりバッチイのは変わらない...。

My Bad translation of this:
One by one, I’m spending more time in my home, workroom and studio, But time spent in the studio is pointless.
But much time spent in the studio far exceeds that in the lovely workroom.
But it’s all the same…

Does that make any sense at all?
I think a proper translator should look at it. xP Or just wait a year for the VIZ translation.. >.<
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
@karoniokta: Nice try with the translation. It seems that there's some things from the original text that you've completely skipped over though...? o_O The Text Glossing part of this site should help with that.

I'm not 100% sure myself, but I think it's more to do with the state of the workrooms in her home and her studio. She's quite meticulous with the interior of her home workroom (e.g. a bit obsessive with how it looks), but she's more lax with the studio one (e.g. it's messier there). Since she spends a lot more time at the studio though, she recently prettied it up a bit (hence the picture in the sleeve?) but it's still kinda messy...
 
Last edited:

karoniokta

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
11
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
@ TitaniumChloride: Yeah, I completely skipped some parts of the text that really didn't make sense to me. Your explanation makes a lot more sense.
Reading it over, I think it's one-by-one, her workrooms are getting a little messier. XD
Thanks for that helpful website as well!
 

oOCrystalOo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
6
Reaction score
36
Gender
Female
Country
Abu Dhabi
I did some editing for some pages..:D
Thank you so so much relory for all the scan you did..^0^

Edit Chapter 193.5<<Thanks aorin for the scan and the translation..^^
Page 01 - Page 02 - Page 03

Edit The Backstage:
Part 01 - Part 02
<<I don't know who translate them
But Thanks you for the translation..

And i edit Link and Allen Thing<<I don't know why did i edit this..-__-
Here.. <<Thank you so much sparviero-92 for all the translation..

Sorry for the bad Editing..:p
Hope you like it..;)
 

fuff

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
537
Reaction score
156
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I did some editing for some pages..:D
Thank you so so much relory for all the scan you did..^0^

Edit Chapter 193.5<<Thanks aorin for the scan and the translation..^^
Page 01 - Page 02 - Page 03

Edit The Backstage:
Part 01 - Part 02
<<I don't know who translate them
But Thanks you for the translation..

And i edit Link and Allen Thing<<I don't know why did i edit this..-__-
Here.. <<Thank you so much sparviero-92 for all the translation..

Sorry for the bad Editing..:p
Hope you like it..;)
thanks!! is it just me or does the guy who fou is caring has allen's hair...maybe those are his parents? maybe thats y fou kinda got along with allen???
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
thanks!! is it just me or does the guy who fou is caring has allen's hair...maybe those are his parents? maybe thats y fou kinda got along with allen???
Those are Bak Chan's parents. That is also one of the reasons for Bak Chan feeling so guilty in front of Kanda in chapter 186.
 

relory

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
352
Reaction score
624
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Thank you so much for sharing, oOCrystalOo! :tem
*still very amused by those photoshoot omakes* :D

I am only happy to be able to help x'3 I wish I could scan the whole volume right now, but I currently don't have a scanner D: (blame my dad :notrust)... I have begun though, a not-too-great raw scan of chapter 194 is on my hard disc x'D I'll scan the rest as soon as I can (if people want to), if not someone does it before me!
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
can you post what you scan so far? :^D
 

relory

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
352
Reaction score
624
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
can you post what you scan so far? :^D
Sure X'D Hopefully I did it right:

LINK

The pages are not re-sized, just because I'm an ass I don't have time right now :( so the .rar-file is kind of big, I guess... please bear with me, everyone! :s

I was just thinking, by the way, while looking at the cover again.. you know Allen's eating habits and how they're linked to the innocence, right? I was just sort of thinking.. What if when Allen turns into a Noah, he supresses this convenient... fat-burning(?) together with his innocence..? And with Nea wanting to become the "new Millenium Earl"... Maybe Rhode actually is a clairvoyant, and sees the future Allen/Nea turned into the Millenium Earl back in chapter 117... :blink

I won't sleep tonight ಠ_ಠ
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
At first i thought she just remembered the Earl's sword like "his sword is the same as the Earl's". But your idea fits the picture also.

Will Wisely ever see that in her mind? I hope so if she can foresee. I doubt she will mention that by herself.
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sure X'D Hopefully I did it right:

LINK

The pages are not re-sized, just because I'm an ass I don't have time right now :( so the .rar-file is kind of big, I guess... please bear with me, everyone! :s

I was just thinking, by the way, while looking at the cover again.. you know Allen's eating habits and how they're linked to the innocence, right? I was just sort of thinking.. What if when Allen turns into a Noah, he supresses this convenient... fat-burning(?) together with his innocence..? And with Nea wanting to become the "new Millenium Earl"... Maybe Rhode actually is a clairvoyant, and sees the future Allen/Nea turned into the Millenium Earl back in chapter 117... :blink

I won't sleep tonight ಠ_ಠ
You could be right! xD But is a funny theory... Allen fat, it would be funny!
 

ruinedshadows

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 12, 2007
Messages
45
Reaction score
10
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I was just thinking, by the way, while looking at the cover again.. you know Allen's eating habits and how they're linked to the innocence, right? I was just sort of thinking.. What if when Allen turns into a Noah, he supresses this convenient... fat-burning(?) together with his innocence..? And with Nea wanting to become the "new Millenium Earl"... Maybe Rhode actually is a clairvoyant, and sees the future Allen/Nea turned into the Millenium Earl back in chapter 117... :blink

I won't sleep tonight ಠ_ಠ
If you look closely, the Earl in that picture, in addition to wearing the same hat he wore on the night of Mana's transformation into an akuma, also has a picture of a crown on his coat. And his hands look strange... almost like the ribbon that Allen wore like a tie in the beginning of the series -> http://www.mangareader.net/210-15094-2/dgray-man/chapter-3.html#2 *I'm too lazy to look up a better picture, but I recall it being red, since that's how I've always drawn it*
Coincidently, in Allen's weird mind-trip back in Chapter 198 when he first met/saw Neah, they're both wearing similar ribbons -> http://www.mangareader.net/210-57363-13/dgray-man/chapter-198.html#14 I think the ribbons must have something to do with linking Allen, Neah, and the Earl together. I wouldn't be surprised if the Earl wore one in his human form, or if there's some picture floating around of Mana wearing one.
This is kind of unrelated, but I've heard a red ribbon around the neck can represent slitting one's throat, or just death. What with all the things linking Allen/Neah to great Destruction, I'd say this isn't a coincidence.


I must be rambling and/or restating lots and lots of old stuff at this point. XD Also, the figure of the Earl in that picture appears to be much taller than Allen. (If you compare them on the actual volume, it appears much more obvious) Maybe there's going to be some kind of time skip at some point? Or perhaps since the Earl has both his normal form and a human one, maybe Allen will end up doing the same?

Either way, imagining Allen masquerading as the Earl like that seriously freaks me out. :D Kudos to you for pointing that out, relory!
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Could somebody help me? The spanish edition of the D. Gray-Man series don't have the series's inner covers (they even don't respect the original typography of the logo) so I'm searching them through Internet. Now the only ones I've been unable to find are those form Vol. 3 and Vol. 15 I'd tried to download it from the link Dofla posted some time ago but the archive is erased.
I one of you know where I can get it I'd be very pleased. It doesn't matter if they are translated (text) or raw.
 

ruinedshadows

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 12, 2007
Messages
45
Reaction score
10
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Could somebody help me? The spanish edition of the D. Gray-Man series don't have the series's inner covers (they even don't respect the original typography of the logo) so I'm searching them through Internet. Now the only ones I've been unable to find are those form Vol. 3 and Vol. 15 I'd tried to download it from the link Dofla posted some time ago but the archive is erased.
I one of you know where I can get it I'd be very pleased. It doesn't matter if they are translated (text) or raw.
Are you talking about the little blurbs Hoshino puts on the inner covers of all the volumes? If so, I have all the volumes in English up to volume 19 (the last one to be released), all of which have the blurbs translated, and I can easily transcribe them here for you. If you want I could definitely also scan the pictures that go with them (and in those cases I have the untranslated blurbs with their pictures for volumes 20 and 21 as well).

If that's not what you meant, then you'll have to be more specific, as I have no idea what you're talking about. :s
 
Top