Ok, so the anime just went batshit insane... Goku in SSB should end worlds and start universes with a sneeze. Instead we have krillin and 17 being actual challenges to him. I could have believed krillin could use the tournament rules against gohan in his base form but once SS kicks in that's over. And then the bit with krillin clashing his kamehameha with gokus.... come on, that should have destroyed the earth, let alone krillin. I am hoping the manga fixes this considerably.
No, Krillin is not a challenge at all, it is clear that he was holding back in this fight. 17 is though, difficult for me to accept that he trained hard enough to surpass Buu and reach SSB level.
No, Krillin is not a challenge at all, it is clear that he was holding back in this fight. 17 is though, difficult for me to accept that he trained hard enough to surpass Buu and reach SSB level.
But then, why even do any of what they just did? I would argue it would be completely extraordinary if krillin nowadays was even as strong as namek pre SS goku (at the time his PL was 3000000). Even somewhat recently beerus made the point that he didn't quite see how goku beat frieza (because goku was in his base form). And now we are graced with SSB goku having a kamehameha showoff with krillin? Krilin holding his ground there would be completely extraordinary and asinine even against base non god ki goku. If anything that should have been enough to turn krillin into a bloodstain far into the distance and even then it would be a feat for krillin that said bloodstain remained.
As for 17.... How is training even a thing for him? He is a cyborg with a power source...
But then, why even do any of what they just did? I would argue it would be completely extraordinary if krillin nowadays was even as strong as namek pre SS goku (at the time his PL was 3000000). Even somewhat recently beerus made the point that he didn't quite see how goku beat frieza (because goku was in his base form). And now we are graced with SSB goku having a kamehameha showoff with krillin? Krilin holding his ground there would be completely extraordinary and asinine even against base non god ki goku. If anything that should have been enough to turn krillin into a bloodstain far into the distance and even then it would be a feat for krillin that said bloodstain remained.
As for 17.... How is training even a thing for him? He is a cyborg with a power source...
Krillin got stronger, but he is still weaker than 18.
The reason Goku turned into SSB was because he wanted to see if Krillin would be able to keep his fighting spirit against an opponent he could never hope to beat. For the Kamehameha, well, Goku was holding back.
As for 17, Toriyama confirmed in an interview that he and 18 can get stronger from training because they are humans at their core, unlike 16 and the others.
Krillin got stronger, but he is still weaker than 18.
The reason Goku turned into SSB was because he wanted to see if Krillin would be able to keep his fighting spirit against an opponent he could never hope to beat. For the Kamehameha, well, Goku was holding back.
As for 17, Toriyama confirmed in an interview that he and 18 can get stronger from training because they are humans at their core, unlike 16 and the others.
Well, of course he is weaker than 18. Back in the day 18 was easily able to beat super saiyans.... By extension she would easily foderize the likes of frieza and his dad.
Was that actually said? And even then, goku actually enjoyed fighting krillin.... Which shouldn't be a thing considering the extent to which goku goes nowadays for his fighting adrenaline rush.
How would that training work? Would they have to develop their regular ki? Or do they get to train their power source? This is kinda weird... And even then, either reaching even buu levels of power would be extraordinary... Just SSB should be multiple orders of magnitude above the likes of buu... I mean, goku in his base form should easily surpass buu nowadays if he uses his god ki.
Well, of course he is weaker than 18. Back in the day 18 was easily able to beat super saiyans.... By extension she would easily foderize the likes of frieza and his dad.
Was that actually said? And even then, goku actually enjoyed fighting krillin.... Which shouldn't be a thing considering the extent to which goku goes nowadays for his fighting adrenaline rush.
How would that training work? Would they have to develop their regular ki? Or do they get to train their power source? This is kinda weird... And even then, either reaching even buu levels of power would be extraordinary... Just SSB should be multiple orders of magnitude above the likes of buu... I mean, goku in his base form should easily surpass buu nowadays if he uses his god ki.
They didn't say Goku was holding back but it was apparent in the fight. I preferred to mention that Krillin is still weaker than 18 because he got stronger recently.
Goku enjoys fighting with Krillin but more because they are old friends and it makes him nostalgic, not because he is strong.
I agree that he became too strong, disregarding SSB, I don't like that he became stronger than Buu(who himself got a power up with his new form and is not comparable to SSB Goku and Vegeta) but I doubt we will have more details about their bodies. They can get stronger via training and he apparently became that strong...
Ok, so the anime just went batshit insane... Goku in SSB should end worlds and start universes with a sneeze. Instead we have krillin and 17 being actual challenges to him. I could have believed krillin could use the tournament rules against gohan in his base form but once SS kicks in that's over. And then the bit with krillin clashing his kamehameha with gokus.... come on, that should have destroyed the earth, let alone krillin. I am hoping the manga fixes this considerably.
I'm surprised power scaling and consistency actually matters to people anymore. If we didn't get enough of this BS with trunks last arc, I would be just as upset. However, is really obvious that they're just trying to validate these people's participation in the tournament.
I liked the katchin thing. Immortal zamasu was not too powerful but he fought like a god... That was a fairly good concept IMO. The guy even without too much power was resourceful enough. THe katchin was a nice throwback and it makes sense for it to be used as a weapon.
Vegeto being stronger than beerus is not a surprise though. In Return of F whis made the point that vegeta and goku working together could conceivably beat beerus. So naturally a fusion would vastly overpower him. Now, it is true dbs doesn't necessarily follow that continuity considering beerus seems to be many times stronger than he was in the movie continuity.
I liked the katchin thing. Immortal zamasu was not too powerful but he fought like a god... That was a fairly good concept IMO. The guy even without too much power was resourceful enough. THe katchin was a nice throwback and it makes sense for it to be used as a weapon.
Vegeto being stronger than beerus is not a surprise though. In Return of F whis made the point that vegeta and goku working together could conceivably beat beerus. So naturally a fusion would vastly overpower him. Now, it is true dbs doesn't necessarily follow that continuity considering beerus seems to be many times stronger than he was in the movie continuity.
I am fine with Zamasu using Katchin but after a fusion I was expecting more impressive attacks from him. Vegeto being stronger than Beerus doesn't surprise me but I didn't think they would mention it.
I am fine with Zamasu using Katchin but after a fusion I was expecting more impressive attacks from him. Vegeto being stronger than Beerus doesn't surprise me but I didn't think they would mention it.
Well, he did seem fairly impressive against goku and vegeta. The issue would be that he couldn't compare to vegeto. Which actually makes a lot of sense considering both zamasu were inferior to goku and vegeta. Black zamasu was getting his ass handed to him by vegeta and immortal zamasu was never too powerful compared to anyone there. He just couldn't be killed. His immortality and godly powers is what he brought to the table... Dunno, for me how that part of the fight played out made sense overall. What didn't make sense to me is that vegeto could have had a chance of killing zamasu via obliterating him so hard that there is nothing for him to regenerate. That's not really immortality...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Another bit worth noting is that zamasu in the manga was much weaker than in the anime. In the anime both zamasu were insane fighters to the point where either could match or best vegeta or goku. In here it was goku black that had the bulk of firepower and zamasu was just immortal and as he said, fought like a god.
I think the fight in this chapter makes sense, it just isn't very interesting. Zamasu's immortality comes from the Super Dragon Balls, he would probably regenerate from nothing even if he is totally annihilated.
Chapter was nice but Zamasu too op, he's like Piccolo mixed with Goku. How did Zamasu become immortal, it was because he fused with his other half but he wished for his immortality with the dragon balls?
I'm behind in the anime (only watch the dub) but Im current with the manga so it canon that blue vegeto>beerus can he kill beerus in the small amount of time?
I'm surprised power scaling and consistency actually matters to people anymore. If we didn't get enough of this BS with trunks last arc, I would be just as upset. However, is really obvious that they're just trying to validate these people's participation in the tournament.
Which is why the manga is better I heard the anime screw up in that department but when u comes to story anime trumps the manga I can see why cause the manga is more action pack than the anime. Btw I do watch the anime. (Only the dub tho and I'm behind on that too lol)
I am fine with Zamasu using Katchin but after a fusion I was expecting more impressive attacks from him. Vegeto being stronger than Beerus doesn't surprise me but I didn't think they would mention it.
I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that this was the manga. Both black and the Zamasu have been nerfed significantly, black especially. So the fusion fighting the way it is, is not at all surprising. From my point of view, you can't really expect impressive things from someone who hasn't been that impressive in the first place.
Whether the author is just trying to make sense of the anime or he disagreed with the anime's portrayal of things, I have no idea.
Which is why the manga is better I heard the anime screw up in that department but when u comes to story anime trumps the manga I can see why cause the manga is more action pack than the anime. Btw I do watch the anime. (Only the dub tho and I'm behind on that too lol)
I don't know. I mean it's because the manga has the anime as a template for its changes that it could even be called better. I, personally, don't really take any stock in what the manga has to say about anything. The anime is effectively the source material at this point so… I'm personally indifferent about the manga. That's just my opinion.
I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that this was the manga. Both black and the Zamasu have been nerfed significantly, black especially. So the fusion fighting the way it is, is not at all surprising. From my point of view, you can't really expect impressive things from someone who hasn't been that impressive in the first place.
Whether the author is just trying to make sense of the anime or he disagreed with the anime's portrayal of things, I have no idea.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I don't know. I mean it's because the manga has the anime as a template for its changes that it could even be called better. I, personally, don't really take any stock in what the manga has to say about anything. The anime is effectively the source material at this point so… I'm personally indifferent about the manga. That's just my opinion.
Not really manga came out be4 the anime tho. this is how I see it. Toriyama gives a summary of the plot of each arc and then toei and toyatro ( can't remember his name) use their own version to interpret the plot. To me they are both canon they both have their flaws like I mention earlier but imo manga>anime( even though I'm not caught up to it)
Not really manga came out be4 the anime tho. this is how I see it. Toriyama gives a summary of the plot of each arc and then toei and toyatro ( can't remember his name) use their own version to interpret the plot. To me they are both canon they both have their flaws like I mention earlier but imo manga>anime( even though I'm not caught up to it)
Not for 'Dragon ball super' no. The manga is promotional material or was promotional material for the anime. For the original Dragon ball manga yeah that's true. Not for this however.
Even if Toriyama outlines the plot, Toei still fills in the blanks, leaving Toyotarō to cut the fat. With the release schedules of each property, Toyotarō still seems like he's picking and fixing major blunders in the anime(vegeta being a prime example). Which basically gives the Dragon ball super manga, from my perspective, the same feel that an anime would have adapting from a specific manga source material.
Which is why I disregard the manga. I'm not taking that away from you if you choose to pay attention to it I just don't take it at all seriously.
Not for 'Dragon ball super' no. The manga is promotional material or was promotional material for the anime. For the original Dragon ball manga yeah that's true. Not for this however.
Even if Toriyama outlines the plot, Toei still fills in the blanks, leaving Toyotarō to cut the fat. With the release schedules of each property, Toyotarō still seems like he's picking and fixing major blunders in the anime(vegeta being a prime example). Which basically gives the Dragon ball super manga, from my perspective, the same feel that an anime would have adapting from a specific manga source material.
Which is why I disregard the manga. I'm not taking that away from you if you choose to pay attention to it I just don't take it at all seriously.
Huh? Yes it did look at the dates when both the manga and the anime came out. It's becuase the anime is weekly and the manga is monthly that's y the anime is ahead of the manga. No toriyama both gives them the plot and the both interpret diff ways it's all speculation but Even if u believe toyataro is "fixing what the anime screwed up" I doubt thatthe anime changed his ways in his mind meaning that he has his own version of interpret the plot that's my point. I doubt toyotaro is using the anime as his "advantage" when from the begin both manga and anime were different to begin with. We just have to agree to disagree IMO they are both canon. fans can choose which is canon which isn't canon but I like both and prefer manga>anime dragonball wasn't about the story (well u can argue that with dragonball) but a Z was mainly about power levels and fighting which is why people love the show and I myself prefer the fighting over than story which is why I like the manga>anime
For the most part I've thoroughly enjoyed the manga over the anime, but this last chapter not so much. I liked Zamasu getting his ass whooped but I wish Vegetto lasted longer. Aw well. Though having it confirmed that SSB Vegetto surpasses Berus was a nice piece of info.
Huh? Yes it did look at the dates when both the manga and the anime came out. It's becuase the anime is weekly and the manga is monthly that's y the anime is ahead of the manga. No toriyama both gives them the plot and the both interpret diff ways it's all speculation but Even if u believe toyataro is "fixing what the anime screwed up" I doubt thatthe anime changed his ways in his mind meaning that he has his own version of interpret the plot that's my point. I doubt toyotaro is using the anime as his "advantage" when from the begin both manga and anime were different to begin with. We just have to agree to disagree IMO they are both canon. fans can choose which is canon which isn't canon but I like both and prefer manga>anime dragonball wasn't about the story (well u can argue that with dragonball) but a Z was mainly about power levels and fighting which is why people love the show and I myself prefer the fighting over than story which is why I like the manga>anime
I never sought to prove anything in this. From the very beginning I said that my opinions are my own. I personally disregard the manga. Which I know for a fact started out as promotional material for the anime making the anime the prime material for the super franchise. So there's really no need to say we have to agree to disagree because I never tried to put value of my opinion over yours.
You say that but I go by what I see. The major points in the anime happen and Toyotarō has his Fixes for them. To say that they interpreted things different ways but the release schedule of the manga also being what it is, and to claim that Toyotarō does not take from the anime, not even a little bit is a bit of a stretch. Given how things seem to be overly explained in the manga, I doubt him taking a completely separate approach not influenced by the anime.
If you want to say that they're both Cannon then cool I don't dispute that. I however choose to disregard the manga, I don't care what it has to say about Jack and crap. If someone wants to claim that both the Manga and Anime are cannon I will not argue with them I just don't give a crap about the manga personally. Once again that's my opinion, it doesn't have to be anyone else's.