I know Goku has never been the sharpest tool in the box, and he's always been committed to his ways to a fault, but I am actually dumbfounded at his idiocy in this case lol. I mean, every character around was basically screaming for him not to be so reckless. I get him not wanting to kill Moro (I mean... actually I don't, because he's killed before. He killed Kid Buu because even he realised he couldn't just let him run amok. He let his teenage son kill Cell. He killed Babidi's underling.), but to heal him first? Surely the whole idea is to incapacitate him precisely so that he can be carted off to prison?
And the weirdest part of all is that Moro isn't even the type of fighter Goku should want to fight ever again. You can see why he enjoyed fighting Kid Buu or why he might enjoy the rivalry with Frieza, but Moro isn't even his idea of a good sparring partner. Hell Moro hiimself outright stated that he doesn't give a toss about training and fighting the way Goku does.
Man that was stupid. The only saving grace is that it potentially leaves room for Vegeta to get another crack at having his time to shine, but I wouldn't bet on that happening either.