Hangout - Fairy Tail Hangout Thread | Page 20 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

What do you like most about FT/what will you miss most about FT? (3 choices)

• The individual characters

• Moments when the guild is together

• The storytelling and plot twists

• Speculating about what could come up in the story/plot/characters

• Shipping moments that have or you wish to take place

• The feels

• The fights/battles

• The character designs/appearance

• The villains

• The comedy

• The fanservice

• The epic entrances, lines, and badass moments

• Seeing side guilds (non-FT) get attention

• The anime

• Soundtracks/OP/ED in the anime

• Mashima's art/twitter

Results are only viewable after voting.

Niralina

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That's the question...
I noticed, that he's not that kind of guy who wants to stand in puplic all time. And he don't gives much interviews...

I hope he's dead certain about the start of an anime and just wants everybody else in the world to whisper secretly about it. And if the whispering grows up to a scream he'll contact some animation studio (or sign an already existing contract) and we'll get what we want xD

Allin

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That's the question...

I hope he's dead certain about the start of an anime and just wants everybody else in the world to whisper secretly about it.
I hape that as well. But it sounds a little bit odd to me. Wouldn't every Manga-ka be proud if he gets to know that his Manga will be produced as an Anime!?
I think Mashima would have spout it out to the world already if there are any specific plans of a Faiy Tail Anime.

I guess we just have to wait 'till this happens because i think Mashima is the Type of Manga-ka who'll act like this (look at that Kodansha-Award thing)

Edit:
Does anyone know about a Hiatus this week? Isn't it strange that no raws of chapter 139 appeared by now!?

Last edited:

Niralina

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Maybe he's a little sceptic coz of rave. Rave wasn't finish or was it? Wasn't it put off the programm? oO

EDIT/ *german fairy-tail biz*
Ich seh grad, du bist mit-owner von fairy-tail.de.tf? Lass uns mal Affis werden ^-^

Last edited:

Gcat88

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
fairy tail is becoming very good, and i think that if it gets an anime, it will def. get a big following!!

Grimley

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Fairy Tail- Rp Battle Tournament

Right lets try to make this as easy to understand as possible. The point of this is to find out who can relate and battle with the character from Fairy Tail the best. It'll work like this, there will be a list of mages and each member of the Battle Tournament will choose one of the mages that are still availabe and then I will give them battle conditions. They will then describe how they attack and react to their opponents until I call the end of the battle.

EX.

battler A. has chosen Erza

Battler B has chosen Gray.

The condition is a Tavern at midnight, full moon, enough light to see if your walking in the streets, alleys are dark. No people around except the barkeep.

Battler A post- Erza walks into the bar with a look of grim determination, she is ready for any thing that may or may not happen. This fight will not be easy but it will occur one way or another. She gives the Barkeep a look that could turn hot cider to ice then turns her gaze to Gray, he was her target.

Battler B Post- Gray took another shot of the strange liquid, it wasn't quite alcohol but it wasn't quite a soft drink he wasn't entirely sure what it was. As he laid the glass down he saw Erza's reflection in the glass. She had arrived quicker then he had thought. "ICE MAKE DAGGER" He shouted as he clasped his hands and a bluish glow took over them, he flicked the dagger at Erza's unprotected face. The fight had begun.

And thats how it should be done. This is mostly a RP tournament. The ruels of the tournament are at the bottom of this post.

List of mages and their magic

Fairy Tail Guild-

Natsu Dragneel - Dragon Slayer-Fire

Gray Fullbuster - Ice Alchemy

Erza Scarlet -Ex-quipping- Armours and Swords

Elfman- Take Over

Lucy Heartphillia- Stellar Spirit

Bixlow- Seidhr magic, which allows him to seal wandering souls into dolls or other similar objects and manipulate them.

Gazile- Dragon Slayer-Metal

Luxus- Dragonslayer-Lightning

EISENWALD

Erigor- Wind Magic

TOWER OF PARADISE

Gerard-Heavenly Magic

Rules-

No God modding of any kind (your gonna get hit and it might or might not leave you incapacitated)

No decisions (After each action post I will post and list the effects of the battle so far).

No Bi**hing about my decisions ( I based my decision mainly upon your ability to tell me what happened during the battle.)

Be Aware (Read the Condition Report and know about your character but do not, I repeat, DO NOT act as though your character knows everything about someone else cause they don't. They may be able to figure it out through observation. Also we will be considering our fighters abilities by the current chapters)

NoT LucK e

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Favorite Magic? Something you'd like to see?

Wind magic would be cool.
Cool wind magic not wind magic like that other guy had.

Allin

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm sure everybody noticed the new FT Special wich appeard last week.

Everyone calls it "A Special" but recently a few people said that it is an Omake. So i'm wondering what are the differences between an Omake and a Special. Or is it the Same by any chance? :blink

Well anyways, I really like the 3rd Special.
You can also call it "How can you torture Lucy the most?" ...as always :D

---------------------

Regarding the Anime:
Yes, Rave wasn't finish. I guess it wasn't even that popular because in Europe I've never heard of the Anime (neither of the jp. version nor of any other). Even the Manga was only known by a few people outside Japan, wasn't it?

But with Fairy Tail it's a completely different thing.
There are many FT-Fansites already existing in every language without the Manga is published in thus Nations.
FT is already more popular than Rave ever was. I'm sure that Mashima and everyone who's working on FT already noticed that.
So nobody has to be sceptic about a success of an Anime. Look around at MH. Everyone who knows and likes the Manga would be really happy if the Anime starts already. And it'll be the same in Japan.
But i think there a still not enough chapters to start the Anime.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The amount of chapters right now are enough for a good 3 years though.
With this weak there are 140 chapters. An episode is usually about 2 chapters long.
That means right now there are enough chapters to make about 70 episodes. Thats over a year worth of episodes. In the meantime 70 new chapters would come out. Thats a good 35 more episodes. And then 35 more chapters which means 17 new episodes. Then another 17 chapters mean 8 new episodes and 8 new chapters mean 4 new episodes.

70+35+17+8+4= 134

That means right now there are enough chapters for 2.5 years. Add fillers(which should be easy enough in a manga where the main characters do any kind of job for a living) and you can get a good 3.5-4 years worth of anime.

Some time ago it was mentioned there was going to be a dragon kings feast. What if the king is let? At the end of rave he was stated to be king of the dragons and the guy has made a few cameos during this manga.

Last edited:

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Re: Favorite Magic? Something you'd like to see?

Lightning no doubt...

Ero-Sanji

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Some time ago it was mentioned there was going to be a dragon kings feast. What if the king is let? At the end of rave he was stated to be king of the dragons and the guy has made a few cameos during this manga.
That would be awesome Let is cool and he deserves a comeback!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I have noticed that in spite of this being an awesome manga, it's forum is generally empty so instead of starting a new thread for this, I will just write about it here.

Ok, so recently wendy was revealed to be a dragon slayer, which to some extent was expected considering grandines comments to igneel. Now, as the name dragon slayer would suggest, a dragon slayer is a warrior who, as proven by natsu when he fought luxus, is supposed to deal ideally with dragons.

Considering that, I find it extremely unusual that wendy is apparently largely incapable of fighting. Even if she was trained by a dragon, why would her magic be considered dragon slayer if she cannot fight? Her magic would seem to be the exact opposite of dragon slaying, she would seem to be a dragon healer if anything.

Also, from gasille, natsu and luxus we have seen basically the same attacks although adapted to their respective elements. For instance we have seen elemental roars, punches or spears. I would expect basically the same attacks from basically any dragon slayer at this point, so how would this be reflected on wendy? Would she be capable of slashing winds and tornadoes? What we have seen so far suggests she is not. So far we have only seen this:
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/141/09/

Maybe that healing technique is comparable to luxus, natsu's and gasille's own type of punches. If that's the case the maybe wendy's equivalent to a spear or roar are even more powerful healing techniques(yet that would contrast her dragon slayer title). It was also said wendy had supporting spells, so maybe her version of other DS techniques can make others stronger.

Now, another thing that bothers me is that wendy seems to have severe limitation on her magic, which is a significant difference from natsu, gazille and luxus. According to charles, it consumes way too much magic. In any case I find that weird because fatigue is not something which should get both of this responses from charle:
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/138/06/
http://mangahelpers.com/s/manganimetrixfansubmatfs/readonline/38591/14

Another thing I find disturbing about wendy is how old she seems to be. She seems to be about 10-12 years old. Considering the dragons disappeared 7 years ago, wendy must have learned her ancient, lost incredibly power magic when she was between 0-3/5 years old. That would be weird IMHO. Of course, if there is magic behind it, there could be something wrong with a DS age, considering that natsu and gazille were not able to cross that barrier in the luxus arc. Maybe the DS are really all over 80 years old.

What could be the result of overusing wendy's magic? And even if she did overuse it, could she not get better by eating air, her element, as natsu and gazille did when fighting each other?

So basically, what does it all mean? What is the deal with wendy? How does she slay a dragon? Maybe wendy as a dragon slayer has a different purpose from the more traditional DS. Or maybe she can fight, and is darn good at it, but she says she can't simply because her healing abilities are too overwhelmingly stronger than her fighting abilities.

Ero-Sanji

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I have noticed that in spite of this being an awesome manga, it's forum is generally empty so instead of starting a new thread for this, I will just write about it here.

Ok, so recently wendy was revealed to be a dragon slayer, which to some extent was expected considering grandines comments to igneel. Now, as the name dragon slayer would suggest, a dragon slayer is a warrior who, as proven by natsu when he fought luxus, is supposed to deal ideally with dragons.

Considering that, I find it extremely unusual that wendy is apparently largely incapable of fighting. Even if she was trained by a dragon, why would her magic be considered dragon slayer if she cannot fight? Her magic would seem to be the exact opposite of dragon slaying, she would seem to be a dragon healer if anything.

Also, from gasille, natsu and luxus we have seen basically the same attacks although adapted to their respective elements. For instance we have seen elemental roars, punches or spears. I would expect basically the same attacks from basically any dragon slayer at this point, so how would this be reflected on wendy? Would she be capable of slashing winds and tornadoes? What we have seen so far suggests she is not. So far we have only seen this:
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/141/09/

Maybe that healing technique is comparable to luxus, natsu's and gasille's own type of punches. If that's the case the maybe wendy's equivalent to a spear or roar are even more powerful healing techniques(yet that would contrast her dragon slayer title). It was also said wendy had supporting spells, so maybe her version of other DS techniques can make others stronger.

Now, another thing that bothers me is that wendy seems to have severe limitation on her magic, which is a significant difference from natsu, gazille and luxus. According to charles, it consumes way too much magic. In any case I find that weird because fatigue is not something which should get both of this responses from charle:
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/138/06/
http://mangahelpers.com/s/manganimetrixfansubmatfs/readonline/38591/14

Another thing I find disturbing about wendy is how old she seems to be. She seems to be about 10-12 years old. Considering the dragons disappeared 7 years ago, wendy must have learned her ancient, lost incredibly power magic when she was between 0-3/5 years old. That would be weird IMHO. Of course, if there is magic behind it, there could be something wrong with a DS age, considering that natsu and gazille were not able to cross that barrier in the luxus arc. Maybe the DS are really all over 80 years old.

What could be the result of overusing wendy's magic? And even if she did overuse it, could she not get better by eating air, her element, as natsu and gazille did when fighting each other?

So basically, what does it all mean? What is the deal with wendy? How does she slay a dragon? Maybe wendy as a dragon slayer has a different purpose from the more traditional DS. Or maybe she can fight, and is darn good at it, but she says she can't simply because her healing abilities are too overwhelmingly stronger than her fighting abilities.
Well okay, first of all she's not the dragon slayer of wind but the sky. And to me all the dragon slayers are immune to their resp element in other words they are the best candidates to fight their own dragons.

And to me Grandine seems more lika a fairy than a dragon which may also result in different types of dragons and some are meant for fighting while others are the supplementary type, who knows the earth dragon slayer might be a defense type. And btw maybe Wendy has hidden potential her magic might be close to Fried's in which she can make herself stronger, faster etc..

Her age is the most fascinating of all in the Fairy tail Saga, at the "civil war" at fairy tail luxus and natsu got trapped and the rule was: People over 80 years and statues aren't allowed to escape...

So either the dragon slayers are over 80 years or they are statues hmm.
And the fact that she is like 10-12 as you said makes it quite interesting because she must have been left while at the age of 3-5.

All i can say is we will have to see at the end of the arc.

hongoasdf

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Even within the other Dragonslayers yet to be introduced, I believe Wendy will have more importance, due to the same reason that you have been giving. What we have seen of her magic isn't exactly "Dragon-Slaying", so she either has combat capabilities that she doesn't want to show for whatever reason, or she's bound to be a "special" kind of Dragonslayer, plot-wise. I'm going with this last posibility.

Of course, since we have only seen three real Dragonslayers, it could be that one (or more) of the others doesn't have any combat capabilities either, which would mean Wendy isn't that unique of a Dragonslayer... but that would render the name "Dragonslayer" incorrect, which would require explaination.

I expect Mr. Mashima to come up with some good story for the Dragon arc, explaining their ages and the purpose of their magic, and every doubt there seems to be about them. But it would be nice if he didn't rush it. Introducing a new Dragonslayer every two arcs or so, taking the main plot slowly, and not coming to the point where it's like "Crap, I've got to hurry it, and I've only introduced (insert number here) of Dragonslayers so far... I'll just make it so all the remaining ones come in at the same time next arc, with no explaination whatsoever". If that happened, I'd stop reading this manga.

Well, not really, but it would certainly lose major points in my opinion.

cleodux

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Now that you guys mention it, i swear i have been suspicious with Natsu age since the guild car introduction on the first page of the chapter started. Remember, his age status is: unknown. And in Luxus arc, my suspicion grow bigger when Natsu unable cross the barrier, and so is Gazille. And i think Natsu knows Wendy but he forgot for some reason, he commented about it and even ask Gray to remember for him.

Maybe when they learn Dragon Slayer magic, time and place become interwitten each other, or simply it tooks ages to learn it. Anyway either way Dragon Slayer magic is one of many lost magic in FT universe. There must be some secret waiting to be revealed at the end of this arc or maybe next 2 arc. maybe it has something to do with the secret of Fairy Tail. My gut(?lol) telling me that some ppl can weild lost magic by learning it, and some weild it through lacryma crystal means or something like fakes lost magic weilder(i.e Luxus). And probably Mistgun is one of them, based on his convo with Luxus inside the Caldia Cathedral. No matter what are they, i am looking forward to read future chapters.

Edit:
OMG suddenly i got this revelation that Mistgun and Gerard is actually related. Yeah they are two of many Zeref's clones(think too much of FFVII)... yeah... it is totally impossible, like how Gerald knew where Nirvana is bla bla bla.

Last edited:

Unlucky Boy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Now that you guys mention it, i swear i have been suspicious with Natsu age since the guild car introduction on the first page of the chapter started. Remember, his age status is: unknown. And in Luxus arc, my suspicion grow bigger when Natsu unable cross the barrier, and so is Gazille. And i think Natsu knows Wendy but he forgot for some reason, he commented about it and even ask Gray to remember for him.
I just noticed Gazille's card also says his age is unknown
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/105/01/

I always thought the barrier thing wouldnt be about their age because that would be too obvious but it seems like it is...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What I find completely weird is that all the DS managed to learn an ancient and powerful magic when they were extremely young. Maybe their feeling of time when with the dragons was different than when not with them.

cleodux

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Oh Gazille too, then Wendy should be obvious.

What I find completely weird is that all the DS managed to learn an ancient and powerful magic when they were extremely young. Maybe their feeling of time when with the dragons was different than when not with them.
Or the dragon cast magic barrier of some sort. It just like in DB where Goku and the rest train for a couple of days for like month inside the (forgot the name) oh wait... isnt it the opposite >.< what ever is it, you got the idea, Mashima just like Oda influenced a lot by Toyama.

Unlucky Boy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
I think maybe the dragon slayers were reborn or something. Maybe they were very powerful mages long time ago, maybe even the mages who sealed Zeref.
The dragons made them somehow babies again...maybe to protect them from something...or because they will be needed in the future...anyway It can explain how Blaine knows Wendy and why he calls her "the sky sorceress", and why Natsu feels like he knows Wendy.
And also how Gerard knows Natsu http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/23/20/

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Someone pointed this link out a few days ago and I decided to ask cnet about it.
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/3129/184
This is what he said it meant:
I think the key point in there is the bit in giant text, stating that Fairy Tail and Rave are "NOT CONNECTED IN ANY WAY!!".
I guess that's that then. I am severely disappointed though, what's the point of showing so many rave characters if there is no sort of connection whatsoever?

Dalyup!

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Some fan service to those older readers who also read Rave?