I find it very hard to pick a husband from Fairy Tail but that's probably because of light we see the males in (same goes for females).
I'll go through some of the men in the series (feel free to add to this or tell me I don't know men). To be a
husbando I think this is a man who has qualities that make an ideal husband
and would be a good fit for most women. I'll rate them out of 5
- Natsu - would be loyal and full of spirit. His energy would be too much for some I imagine. 3/5
- Loke - he'd be more of a prince charming type I'd imagine, but he'll have to throw away his little black book
Him and Aries ftw. 4/5
- Gray - I think he's probably the most ideal of all the men as a spouse. He's laid back, and serious when he needs to be. A trustworthy person too. 5/5
- Laxus - I think he'd be alright, but he could be a possessive type. Maybe that's a good thing for some women in the manga though. 3/5.
- Gajeel - He's a bit like Laxus, and a bit like Gray. Leaning towards more like Gray. So he'd be pretty good. 4/5
- Jellal - If we take away his guilt over his previous sins as he calls them, then he would be a decent husband option. Perhaps this happens at EoS. 4/5
- Sting - I reckon he's got some really good qualities about him. Able to admit when he's done wrong, and then actively try to do something about it. 4.5/5
So I think Gray would be the best nomination. I also didn't count looks (because I've got high morals haha) but I'd say all of these guys are good looking.
I didn't count Ichiya because it's unfair on the others