Hangout Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

What do you like most about FT/what will you miss most about FT? (3 choices)

  • The individual characters

  • Moments when the guild is together

  • The storytelling and plot twists

  • Speculating about what could come up in the story/plot/characters

  • Shipping moments that have or you wish to take place

  • The feels

  • The fights/battles

  • The character designs/appearance

  • The villains

  • The comedy

  • The fanservice

  • The epic entrances, lines, and badass moments

  • Seeing side guilds (non-FT) get attention

  • The anime

  • Soundtracks/OP/ED in the anime

  • Mashima's art/twitter


Results are only viewable after voting.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
It's more like if you can't write unbiased reviews don't do reviews. The most funny part that he rated the chapter 10/10 even with the most forced plot line currently he is very okay with it but when it comes to the part that he disliked "I'm a pro Lucy, I'm not against Nalu" and some headache.

People should learn how to review and actually learn to respect other fans, This is not your forum to make your biased reviews, You can go make a channel on youtube for your biased opinions.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It's more like if you can't write unbiased reviews don't do reviews. The most funny part that he rated the chapter 10/10 even with the most forced plot line currently he is very okay with it but when it comes to the part that he disliked "I'm a pro Lucy, I'm not against Nalu" and some headache.
But that would just make it a report instead of a review. Think of it this way. If the author wanted reviews on their story and all they got was some page of text with no emotion or opinions, he'd find it useless because the review isn't letting him know what the reviewer likes or dislikes
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's more like if you can't write unbiased reviews don't do reviews. The most funny part that he rated the chapter 10/10 even with the most forced plot line currently he is very okay with it but when it comes to the part that he disliked "I'm a pro Lucy, I'm not against Nalu" and some headache.

People should learn how to review and actually learn to respect other fans, This is not your forum to make your biased reviews, You can go make a channel on youtube for your biased opinions.
Remember that this is just one person's review ok? It's not like Bel is speaking for all of the FT Section. It's just her own...
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
@Debonair Raven I wonder how your review will look like about a chapter fully focused on Gray xxx
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
At least, I will respect the fans.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Actually, He is speaking for the whole Section in MH that's why i'm against his review.
What?! But you don't write a review to please everybody that's just.. well, it's not proper in any case. You can make sure to write a review that won't upset anyone but it's wrong to bash Bel for writing what she wants to :nah
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
People should learn how to review and actually learn to respect other fans,
I believe the text book definition of this is 'crowd pleasing' and not reviewing.
"People should learn how to crowd please" seems like more what you're gearing at here honestly.
Also, respecting other fans? What part of the review specifically expressed disdain towards a certain group of people in the fandom? It simply highlighted things about the chapter that it disliked, nowhere were any fans or anything of the sort targeted, so I'm not sure where this is coming from.
This is not your forum to make your biased reviews,
Did anyone ever say this was their forum?
 

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The bold is what i want. I didn't bash him lol. I said his review is unhealthy and biased and that's the truth.


Fixed for you ;)
This is my last post on the matter as clearly we see this differently. I would perhaps be able to see where you are coming from IF Bel had either A. attacked other members, or B. It was written or intended in such way that the review would represent the collective consensus of the FT thread. Since neither of those things have happened, it just comes off to me as you being upset since she praised some things you would not have and the reverse, that she did not praise things you would have. If you don't like the reviews don't read them, i don't see how you can say they are intended to essentially spread bias opinions....Using that logic anytime any of us share an opinion through review format we are doing the same. Instead of bashing her review, perhaps you could try giving her a bit of kudos for taking the time to do such a task and putting her review up there like that. After all it was intended to my understanding to get the community involved more.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
This is my last post on the matter as clearly we see this differently. I would perhaps be able to see where you are coming from IF Bel had either A. attacked other members, or B. It was written or intended in such way that the review would represent the collective consensus of the FT thread. Since neither of those things have happened, it just comes off to me as you being upset since she praised some things you would not have and the reverse, that she did not praise things you would have. If you don't like the reviews don't read them, i don't see how you can say they are intended to essentially spread bias opinions....Using that logic anytime any of us share an opinion through review format we are doing the same. Instead of bashing her review, perhaps you could try giving her a bit of kudos for taking the time to do such a task and putting her review up there like that. After all it was intended to my understanding to get the community involved more.
You can't tell me to read or not to read, That's none of your business. I read whatever i want, whenever i want, where'ver i want. I see something flawed i point it out for better FT section. Example like this review.
To give her kudos or not, that also none of your business, I give kudos to the ones who really did good job and this review wasn't.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Ok I think it's fair to ask @Brandish to come here and share his own thoughts on this. He's the Mod who was entrusted to deliver this new program to the Fairy Tail Section and he posted it in the first place.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
You can't tell me to read or not to read
If he can't tell you what to read, then why should you be telling mods and @Belserion what she should write?
That's none of your business. I read whatever i want, whenever i want, where'ver i want.
You made it other people's business when you made a post about it on a FT discussion forum. As for the last bit, yes you can read whatever you want, but it goes both ways as she can write whatever she wants so long as it fits the criteria of a review: which it most certainly does.
I see something flawed i point it out for better FT section. Example like this review.
Well now this is a subjective claim, it may be flawed to you, but to me and some other users, it was a perfect review. It touched on the positives and the negatives without going overboard, gave a decent summary and concluded with thoughts about the next chapter. What more could you ask for?

Also, (I saw you mention this earlier), the definition of a review is:

"a critical appraisal of a book, play, film, etc. published in a newspaper or magazine."

So any argument of bias should be null, as it's her critical thoughts (which are always going to have subjective values as they are her opinions).
To give her kudos or not, that also none of your business, I give kudos to the ones who really did good job and this review wasn't.
Now this is just flat out rude, are you really saying she doesn't deserve credit because she doesn't hold your exact views? If so, then that's incredibly petty and frankly quite childish.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
-Ofc it's not flawed to you because the review served you but not me, See the difference
This is the exact point we're all trying to make though. You don't like it, a lot of people do. That's all there is to say about it. None of us can please everyone and it's useless to try. The title of the Review is "Fairy Tail 514 Review by Belserion" , not by the Fairy Tail Section as a whole. Why not get your review ready and post it next week? Then you can have what you want up there instead.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
-Ofc it's not flawed to you because the review served you but not me, See the difference
What's with the self entitlement?:-_-
Also where on earth is this ludicrous claim coming from? "The review served you." How did you even come to that conclusion?:facepalm
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Ok I think it's fair to ask @Brandish to come here and share his own thoughts on this. He's the Mod who was entrusted to deliver this new program to the Fairy Tail Section and he posted it in the first place.
Well, pretty sure I hit the like button on it first, so I am fine with it :)

It's a shame that a few panels of fanservice is the subject of such debate imo. This scene in my opinion is fanservice. I didn't have much of a problem with it, since it's FT I kinda expect some, but can it be placed in a better situation? Yes, and during a flashback/storytelling chapter, we could have done without it. I would have wrote this in my review had I done one. After all a review should contain an element of the reviewer (ie their opinion)... or every review would be the same recap.

I also hope that the disagreement on here right now can remain civil, and not discourage anyone from writing a review.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Imho review can contain personal opinion of the writer. If it was summary of the chapter, then it's forbiden, summary shoud be impersonal. So how about changing "Review thread" into "Summary thread"? I guess in this way it won't offend anyone ;)

Well, I would tend to disagree with this change. The original idea and purpose for this whole "Chapter Review thing" should continue to keep most of its core elements. I'm alright with minor improvements and such to the foundation of this new structure, but the basic principles should remain the way it is now.

In other words, the "Review thread" should remain a "Review thread".

It would be pointless to change it to a "Summary thread" because nobody cares to read the summary after you've read the whole chapter. It's a 20 or so page chapter, it doesn't take that long to read. Plus pictures and dialogue is a lot more interesting to read than a whole summary.

Not to mention, the spoilers every week are pretty much the summary to the chapter if you ask me.


As far as this whole things goes, I would suggest for people to give the "Review thread" a chance. It just started its course and we've only had a single review.

There is no point to keep changing/fluctuating the structure of the forum pages just because it causes some arguments. So in my opinion, since the "Review thread" has already been instated into the forums, it should stay that way and follow its current path.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Well, pretty sure I hit the like button on it first, so I am fine with it :)

It's a shame that a few panels of fanservice is the subject of such debate imo. This scene in my opinion is fanservice. I didn't have much of a problem with it, since it's FT I kinda expect some, but can it be placed in a better situation? Yes, and during a flashback/storytelling chapter, we could have done without it. I would have wrote this in my review had I done one. After all a review should contain an element of the reviewer (ie their opinion)... or every review would be the same recap.

I also hope that the disagreement on here right now can remain civil, and not discourage anyone from writing a review.
Yes you would do that but you will point out that Irene came from no where and it is forced. Also you should say foreshadowing is important and Irene didn't have any.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
-You shouldn't be the one to tell me that. I tagged Brandish the one who founded this review thread. You don't have business with that.
Did you really think that no one would bat an eye whilst you flame someone for contributing? Besides, if you wanted it so private you could have PM'd Brandish, people aren't wrong for responding to this as it's in the hangout thread.
-No lol she can't just write what wants in a review with MH name. That's a big one so balance is required.
Practically everyone knows that reviews contain personal opinion, it's literally impossible to write a review that doesn't contain an opinion as that would make it a summary. And in her review, balance was there, she explained the contents of the chapter, saying whether she felt it worked or not. Just because you don't agree with her 100% doesn't mean it's unbalanced or invalid lmao.
-Ofc it's not flawed to you because the review served you but not me, See the difference
I see the difference, but not the one you put forward. The difference here is that I read her review and didn't get triggered by the fact that we didn't agree 100%. As of right now, I feel the Irene plot is forced as I think we don't need this many characters from x400 and I think it's going to be used to force Erza into events that are going to happen. Despite this, I thought her review was well put together.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yes you would do that but you will point out that Irene came from no where and it is forced. Also you should say foreshadowing is important and Irene didn't have any.
If I wrote the review, it would have contained that for sure, I would have been scathing about that particular facet of the chapter (as I have mentioned in the chapter thread). But the reviewer didn't see it that way. And quite a few people were interested and optimistic about this development, while I am relatively cynical and unimpressed by it.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I for one also would plead with people to give this new system a chance. Just because it's not going up on the Homepage doesn't mean you shouldn't submit your own reviews after all. This is coming from someone who's submitted two chapter reviews already and I haven't received nor given any complaints. I think it's a fantastic idea to bring the Members of Mangahelpers closer to the running of the community.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,642
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@Brandish The new review thread is cool, But there is no need for personal comments on it like "At this point it's more borderline ****** than fanservice,This isn't NaLu hate, I'm not being anti NaLu, I'm being pro Lucy, Lucy is a powerful". Reviews have rules it's first rule is to keep your personal opinions to yourself"

This ain't a review tbh. More like some guy who write what he felt about the chapter. At this point you should allow more than one review for the chapter.

Rating the chapter even is a personal matter.
I'm sorry, but I don't see the point of a review if it doesn't at least hold some of your opinion on the chapter. When you're reviewing something, you're giving your thoughts and feelings on it and I don't see any problem with what @Belserion wrote at all, I thought it was a fantastic review. At the end of the day, I see nothing wrong with putting your feelings and opinions in a review, it makes it more personal and something people can connect with more, it's far better than writing something emotionless that would come out a bit bland.

Look, it's fine for you to disagree with something in the review but I don't see why there's a need to criticize the review thread as a whole because of an opinion you don't agree with.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I just look at it like this @Debonair Raven: if she wrote a review more appeasing to nalu fans would the same criticism be heard, from you or anybody? I agree with your concerns that it could cause more people to gain dislike towards them but is it really fair to come at her for wanting to write in an objective, but from her perspective review... everyone should embrace different personalities
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
A review is supposed to pick a side. In the case of manga chapters, it should either be a negative or a positive side but a review needs to be as unbiased and objective as possible. I believe this FT chapter review had a bit of bias in it, no offence to @Belserion :).
Problem is, almost nothing will be unbiased anyway. Why bother reading reviews if you will get mad or annoyed at a review or certain part? if you can't handle opinions or reviews without getting mad, then you shouldn't be reading or posting, honestly. Like, nothing wrong with getting mad or annoyed when replying as long as it's constructive and good though.
 
Last edited:
Top