Chapter - Fairy Tail Spin-offs | Page 20 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn variationa won't translate them nomore? That sucks but she did them for fun and I guess it's a pick and choose type of thing cause she like Gajevy. Time to read the raws and @Linali's translation now ;)

LaxusLightning

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Damn variationa won't translate them nomore? That sucks but she did them for fun and I guess it's a pick and choose type of thing cause she like Gajevy. Time to read the raws and @Linali's translation now ;)
Fair enough, but in her post she did say she never enjoy the gajeel spin off either, be fair dude she did say that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Dude
First of all, thanks a lot to @Linali for always taking the time to give us the summary of the chapters! Especially now that I heard that the one who translated the spin off won't be doing it anymore, so it's stuck at chap 7 for now unfortunately. Really thank you for this!

And damn, I'm actually excited over this. The spin off gives my faves attention and even a glimpse of when they were a lil younger ??? Wow I hadn't expected that but it makes me happy! I just hope that it continues to be this great and not get bad all of a sudden.

So looks like not only Laxus but the Raijins to have the 'I'm not strong enough to protect the ones I love' worries. That doesn't surprise me, as much as they care about one another. But finally they can fight at least a little again. Last week I was worried that they wouldn't do the Raijinshuu justice but this is great so far! I know none of them will go all out, Freed hasn't used any of his gravest spells for ages, but the basic scenario at least hints that they are still the powerful mages they've been said to be and were shown as at their very introdution in the series (still hoping they'll get to fight in the main manga tho bc ugghhh) but a chap of these four each week makes up at least a little for their long disappearance. Also really love the panel of Freed blocking and holding against one of Laxus' direct lightning punches! Shows he's quick and strong enough to do so and just YES GOOD.

I'm sorry for rambling, I just have to, but they just get neglected so bad in the manga that even one single panels, expressions or whatever make me happy haha. At the beginning my main fear was that the writer wouldn't do their characterization justice but honestly, it's so so good!
Dude, first of all laxus just fought a fight against a legit tough guy, and do you really think he is fighting his tribe at full blast? Tempesta made the whole rajinshu look like fodder trash, and then in 30 seconds, laxus made tempest look like fodder trash. I like freed, but to compare him to laxus is crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Selly

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dude

Dude, first of all laxus just fought a fight against a legit tough guy, and do you really think he is fighting his tribe at full blast? Tempesta made the whole rajinshu look like fodder trash, and then in 30 seconds, laxus made tempest look like fodder trash. I like freed, but to compare him to laxus is crazy.
Woah woah, you don't have to get offended. I was making a positive post and happy that for once the Raijins get to fight a little again.

I did say that NONE of the four goes all out, of course not. And I didn't directly compare Freed to Laxus, what I meant is that it at least shows that Freed and his agility and physical strength is not to be underestimated.

As for Tempesta, yea that was trash. But why? Because Mashima needed to have Laxus crash in and give him more development. Freed didn’t even use one single spell or unsheathed his sword or anything. Not because he couldn’t have but because Mashima wanted to give Laxus the spotlight again. That's shitty considering how strong the Raijinshuu are and their magics are crazy, Freed’s especially. Considering all the possibilities he has, it could be a hax ass magic. He even has a friggin death spell, basically he could kill Laxus with that one single spell.

So even if I would have tried to compare Freed to Laxus, it wouldn't have been 'crazy'. It's all Mashima's fault for not giving any of these three a proper fight for ages.

So please let me enjoy this smol action, literally scenes like these happen once in a lifetime lmao.

Last edited:

Gabo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
It is a pity that not translating Variationa follow him , I was enjoying that Spin Off .

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
no problem friend :)

someone needs to color this picture ASAP
Thank you :)

That back is so sexy. Husbando material ;)

Now we know how their bond is made. It's interesting. Can't wait someone to translate the chapter. Maybe @Linali. I am too lazy to do that. I am sorry to have bothered you Lina-chan :P Seems I will rely on you again.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I really want to see that Raijinshuu flashback. Particularly what they say to each other.

And lol Laxus just smashed that God blast thing.

Pretty epic moment where Freed imagine's young Laxus and then see's current Laxus' back. Agree with @Jean Grey it needs colour

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
this Spin Off is pretty long. it already has 17 chapters. I guess it will have 2 more I guess with the final one being with Ichiya :)

oh and thanks @Brandish for a compliment you gave me for my avatar on private message.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
this Spin Off is pretty long. it already has 17 chapters. I guess it will have 2 more I guess with the final one being with Ichiya :)
It is long, maybe we get to 20?

Yea I can't wait for Laxus to go back to BP so I can get the moment I want, which is Laxus acknowledging Ichiya-sama.

Then I'd say the Spin-off will end with Laxus stating he needs to train.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
yeah, I agree. Laxus x Ichiya is my new crackship :cheez

what I find weird is that in those 16 chapters there is no mention of Laxus having almost destroyed organs and that he still has MBP.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
yeah, I agree. Laxus x Ichiya is my new crackship :cheez

what I find weird is that in those 16 chapters there is no mention of Laxus having almost destroyed organs and that he still has MBP.
Haha that's quite the crackship... Laxus is punching above his weight there :)

That's a good point. Though I'd say it's not mentioned so the spin-off can focus on events within in, rather than repercussions of Tartarus. Plus Laxus says it plays up sometimes.

Linali

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
@DiMaria Yesta, not a problem ;)
Naser is shocked, that Weyse was able to gather negative energy from the illusions and change it into magical power. Weyse is sure, that she's got rid of mages, so it's time for Naser and villagers.

Freed's flashback: Raijinshuu acknowledged Laxus' strenght, but Laxus is also suprised, that people on that level were in his guild; it's been a while since he had so much fun from fight. Back in the guild Freed propose to Laxus (:XD) to create a team called Raijinshuu with them. Bickslow is impressed by Laxus' strenght and Ever says, that she always works alone, but she will join the group if only Laxus is in. Freed adds, that it's the first time he meets such powerful and charismatic mage as Laxus. From now on they will follow him...

Raijinshuu regain senses; Laxus is glad, that they finally woke up. Weyse is pissed and can't understand, why Laxus and others are still alive. She understands everything when she recalls Naser gave Laxus divine protection of Yuudara. It turns out, that Laxus mixed Yuudara's protection with his thunder magic temporarily and thanks to that he was able to negate the pillar of negative energy. Naser is impressed, that Laxus is growing up during fight. Laxus recalls Raijinshuu words, that they're weak and they're just shackles for him. He calls it bullshit, because the reason why he can fight in the first line is that he knows, that Raijinshuu will protect his back.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
So Freed is the one who made the Raijinshuu (or he was the one to say it, maybe all 3 came up with it).

Nice little bit at the end, next chapter they should defeat that god all together.

Selly

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Aww I love the flashbacks and I too think that they will fight together the next chap! That's what I hope at least ♡

I just love how close all four of them are and how well they work together. We still have barely seen the Raijins fight for real but I'm happy that we got to see them at all and am a lil sad that the spin off will probs end soon haha.

Also there you have the proof yet again; even Laxus in his rebellious phase is surprised about their strength and that such powerful mages are in their guild. And consider that this was years ago so now they've obviously improved much more like everyone else :p ;D

So next chap the defeat and then possibly another chap at BP? I'd be fine with that although I really wish it would go on still aww xD

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Maybe not the best info for Laxus fans ( me as well :pout )

but the last chapter of Laxus spinoff will be released on September 14...

No, I'm hoping for CS spinoff :notamused ( give me more Meldy :blush )

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
@Vici yep, I just found that out. its the longest Spin Off I think.

CS are irrelevant :cheez. Meldy though is another story. it would be cool if its just her.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
@Vici yep, I just found that out. its the longest Spin Off I think.

CS are irrelevant :cheez. Meldy though is another story. it would be cool if its just her.
Yeah Jellal will only steal panel time that could be used by Meldy

Although CS are one they always together I just dunno which CS spinoff I would prefer :
-CS after OS joins the guild
-Some event before Tenrou group has returned ( Ultear :tem )
<< but that's dreams, for now, i don't have high hopes :sweatbunny