1. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. Thank you for participating in this years FT Awards. The winners of each category have been decided, please check them out!
  5. The Waifu Wars 2017 are over. Time for applause!
  6. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.

7. Congratulations Seraph for winning the Dystopia short story contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Freestyle time!. The theme is Manhwa.

Voting has begun for the Color & Black and white photography contest contest!.
  8. Dear members of the Fairy Tail section, please keep in mind that according to our rules spamming as well as bashing are forbidden. Violation will be dealt with accordingly.
  9. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Fairy Tail Spin-offs

Discussion in 'Fairy Tail' started by Sky, May 11, 2014.

1. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    The gaidens are from his assistants and the trifecta has been completed with the Laxus one... that said I hope he does another monthly spinoff like FT Zero, I would love one on Alvarez. Give us mainly the background info on the S12 that the main story didn't cover, like backstories and stuff. Maybe Monthly FT Mag makes a comeback whenever the anime returns

2. Cat Sidhe26

Cat Sidhe26 Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    I want to see another Laxus spin off which will show what Laxus/the Thunder God Tribe/the Strass Siblings/Cana are doing after the war which will resolve the rest plot points related to the Dreyars that are left like why Ivan got kick out of the guild, another Gajeel spin off which will be about Gajeel/Lily/Asuka/Romeo taking care of Levy while she's pregnant and after she gives birth to the twins since Asuka/Romeo appeared in the Trouble Twins light novel taking care of Gajeel/Levy's twins, and a spin off about the 100 Year Quest about Team Natsu/Juvia/Gildarts going on the 100 Year Quest which I can see Lucy finding Aquarius's Key during the 100 Year Quest.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017 at 6:17 PM
  3. Angiecakes1990

Angiecakes1990 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Australia
    I wanna see the 100 year quest too and since we got a backstory on Gray's journey to Fairy Tail you know Ice Trail I wanna see more backstories like maybe Jellal's backstory or maybe when Zeref and Natsu were kids before what happened
    or maybe see what the edolas counterparts have been upto

or maybe a Crime Sorciere spin off

4. Cat Sidhe26

United States
    I won't mind a spin off about 400 years but most likely the anime will show more of Natsu/Zeref's childhood. Jellal's backstory was shown in the Tower of Heaven arc but are there any other characters you would like to see get spin off about their backstory. Well the first light novel did show us what the Edolas Counterparts have been up to as well as the Exceeds and in that same light novel Happy asks his parents if their his parents and Lucy tells Shagotte that Carla would be happy to see her again which makes me think that Carla figured out that Shagotte is her mother. But I think a Crime Sorciere spin off is very possible (which would resolve the rest of the plot points relate to the Crime Sorciere) which I can see beginning during the seven year time skip and end during the aftermath of the war.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  5. Angiecakes1990

Australia
    no I'm talking about how Jellal was captured and what village hes from, I mean we saw Erza and Kagura's remember thats what I'm talking about
    well I didn't see that light novel :(
    and yes also the aftermath cause remember Sorano wants to hug her sister Yukino :P

6. Cat Sidhe26

United States
    It would be nice to know what Jellal's life was before he was captured. I didn't read the light novel either I just read the summary about light novel on the wiki. I forgot about that my bad.

7. Angiecakes1990

Australia
    oh and yea and maybe Sho and Wally's journey and stuff you know after Millianna joined Mermaid Heel aswell

8. Cat Sidhe26

United States
    That's not a bad idea for a spin off and in a spin off about Wally/Sho/Millianna/Mermaid Heel we would find out who is Mermaid Heel's guild Master and Wally/Richard can have their reunion. Maybe there can be a spin off about Lucy visiting Anna which we find out Anna'a backstory from 400 years ago, how Anna meet Zeref, and find out more about the events about 400 years ago. Also I think Anna is posing as Lucy's aunt since that's the only way that anyone who's not a member of Blue Pegasus/Fairy Tail will believe that Anna is related to Lucy.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 7:31 PM
  9. Rzerox21xx

Rzerox21xx Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    I made it clear that I'm not a fan of Boku's Fairy Girls so I wouldnt want him doing anything FT related, I hated what he did to Juvia in FG. if I were to choose who would do a spinoff, I would probably choose Kyouta Shibano who did the Sabertooth/Gajeel/Laxus trilogy. His artwork is pretty good and he did well with the characters, his Juvia was so much better. Plus he's nowhere near as bad with the fanservice like Fairy Girls or even Hiro himself. Sabertooth had some fanservice involving Yukino and Minerva but not as blantant. Gajeel and Laxus spinoff had little to none fanservice. I dont mind fanservice but when it gets distacting and too much. atleast with Hiro, its just Hiro being Hiro but I guess I'm a little too hard on the other artist doing his characters and trying to imitate his use of fanservice. Im guilty of that.

10. Cat Sidhe26

United States
    Boku is a guy and here I was thinking Boku was a woman. Even I would love Kyouta Shibano to do more weekly spin offs like another Laxus spin off, another Gajeel spin off, and a 100 Year Quest spin off.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017 at 9:41 AM
  11. Xesfer

Xesfer Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Galactic Republic
    I'd walk over hot coals for a Crime Sorciere spin-off with young Ultear too.

12. Cat Sidhe26

United States
    Same. Is it so wrong that one of the reasons I would want to read a Crime Sorciere spin off so I can see young Ultear's ass again.

13. Anti Hero 3:16

Anti Hero 3:16 Registered User

United States
    I frankly wish for a spinoff explaining the magic humans used 400 years earlier, the first dragon king festival that happened before. The origins of magic is still very much unknown. Also zeref's life and his magic innovations are also very intresting.

14. Cat Sidhe26

United States
    I wouldn't mind a 400 year spin off and a 400 year spin off would be like a Fairy Tail Zero 2 though I think the anime will cover stuff about 400 years ago. If we get a spin off about 400 years ago we could get a spin off about Lucy/Natsu/Happy visiting/meeting Anna which Anna would reveal what happened 400 years ago as well as reveal her backstory from 400 years ago.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 1:16 AM
    Reebi likes this.
  15. Reebi

Reebi Registered User

Canada
    It could have a different name because it didn't relate to FT (the guild) specifically while Zero focus on its founding.

16. Cat Sidhe26

United States
    I know that I just said it would be like Fairy Tail Zero not that it would be called Fairy Tail Zero 2. Also I think the closet we'll going to get to a 400 year spin off is a spin off about Lucy/Natsu/Happy meeting Anna and Anna telling Lucy/Natsu/Happy what happened 400 years since Anna is still in the present so Anna might as well be the one to tell us about the events 400 years ago.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 10:39 PM
  17. Reebi

Reebi Registered User

Canada
    I would love to know who she banged in order to pass the instructions for the Eclipse Gate. Why did she leave her son/daughter? Unless she gave it to a sister :s

Hachi12, Cat Sidhe26 and Sweetlybad like this.
  18. Cat Sidhe26

United States
    I would love to know who Anna banged just as much I want to know who Laxus banged. Well Anna did have her clan so she must have asked a member of her clan to look after/take care of her son or daughter. Also I think Anna is posing as Lucy's aunt since that's the only way that anyone who's not a member of Blue Pegasus/Fairy Tail will believe that Anna is related to Lucy.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 3:12 AM
  19. Reebi

Reebi Registered User

Canada
    I think you asked me this already but the 400 years ago would be nice of when they are old with grandchildren. Natsu would be a funny grandpa :redface

20. Gabo

Gabo Registered User

Mexico
    I never understood why many did not like them Fairy Girls, the truth, bad is not, and it looks good as alternate adventures, maybe the bad thing about this manga was the drawing, but if one reads its full plots are not bad and serve as Good complement.

Perhaps another drawing would have attracted more attention, as Kouta Shibano did an excellent drawing of the characters of Fairy Tail in their Spin Off (I would have liked a little more in the one of Saber, although that of being called the Twin Dragons seemed more like a Formality, because I feel that the Spin off should have been called Sting & Yukino, because the two of them took almost all the plot, something like Sabertooth versions of Natsu and Lucy)

There are many things that could be used for Spin Off.

For example, to know Anna's past, to know if she had descendants left in the past, because by her resemblance to Lucy, Anna could well be her great-great-grandmother

Then, it could well be that Anna's background might be a source of Spin Off.

Same the mission of 100 years or some Spin Off on the life in the Empire Alvarez before the War and to know the life and customs of the personages, to know if there were familiarities, amorios, peculiar tastes, things like those.

Same a Spin Off on the Serious Villains could be good to know more of all (Including the ones of Avatar)

What do you think?

Cat Sidhe26 likes this.