Game Fan League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I made some balance changes for pretty much every character. Check my first post.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, my team just got nerfed.

There goes Kaneda and Kurobane being beasts in doubles.


My thoughts on the changes:

Did Kintarou's Wild Boy really need to be weakened? He's supposed to be one of the strongest middle schoolers, after all, and his point total isn't that great.

Kite's Hitman got nerfed. If he's going to get weakened, he should at least get Habu to make up for it.

Hadokyuu is way too weak now. A 2 point boost that only works in singles. Even if you think the old version was too strong, it should be better than a 2 point boost. And Hadokyuu has actually been used more times in doubles than in singles in the manga, so having it only work in singles really makes no sense.

Saeki is virtually useless now.

Kabaji can copy effects as well as auras now? Seems pretty broken for a free character.

Aside from those, I agree with all of the other changes.
 
Last edited:

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I made some balance changes for pretty much every character. Check my first post.
Why haven´t you updated Reiji and Gay Pair as Sherlock did? You haven´t also updated Tezuka's Comet of Extinction.

Kabaji is everyday better. Compare him with other "almost free" characaters like Sakuno,Arai,Yuuta,Gakutoh or even joke character Kadowaki.
Sengoku is a sure killer

And as I said, Richard and Kadowaki (a.k.a. Pathetic Pair) needs a Feat when they play together in doubles
 
Last edited:

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lets get one thing straight. No matter what I do, somebody will complain about something. I honestly don't care what you guys complain about, I'm doing what makes sense.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Lets get one thing straight. No matter what I do, somebody will complain about something. I honestly don't care what you guys complain about, I'm doing what makes sense.
Really?
While I understand that not everyone can be happy, I don't get why you made some of the changes.

1. Hadokyuu. 2 points, singles only? I agree that 10 might have been a bit too much but it should be 5 at the very least, when not even 7, also doubles as well.

2. I can't see why you nerfed Oishi and Shishido. Now Silver Pair is totally useless and Golden Pair can be beat by many others as well.

3. Kintarou, already explained.

All in all I'm rather unhappy with the changes as those who are weak anyway got nerfed further whereas the stronger ones nearly did not.

I'll be quiet though if you can explain why those changes make sense.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, my team just got nerfed.

There goes Kaneda and Kurobane being beasts in doubles.
<hr noshade size="1">
My thoughts on the changes:

Did Kintarou's Wild Boy really need to be weakened? He's supposed to be one of the strongest middle schoolers, after all, and his point total isn't that great.

Kite's Hitman got nerfed. If he's going to get weakened, he should at least get Habu to make up for it.

Hadokyuu is way too weak now. A 2 point boost that only works in singles. Even if you think the old version was too strong, it should be better than a 2 point boost. And Hadokyuu has actually been used more times in doubles than in singles in the manga, so having it only work in singles really makes no sense.

Saeki is virtually useless now.

Kabaji can copy effects as well as auras now? Seems pretty broken for a free character.

Aside from those, I agree with all of the other changes.
-Kintarou has a reach of level 31 and you're complaining?

-Kite's Hitman now works for [Effect] instead of [Aura]

-Okay, now Hadoukyuu is 3 points in both singles and doubles.

-I made Saeki cancel Auras. He is a 7.5 character, I'm not giving him anything more.

2. I can't see why you nerfed Oishi and Shishido. Now Silver Pair is totally useless and Golden Pair can be beat by many others as well.
Because Golden Pair is good, but they would not be beating two characters who are on another level entirely. Like say Atobe and Kite. It is a good boost considering their point value.

All in all I'm rather unhappy with the changes as those who are weak anyway got nerfed further whereas the stronger ones nearly did not.
Because the whole point of the effects and feats where to give characters a chance to beat someone a couple levels higher than them if possible. However, it was way too unbalanced. You have Ishida beating someone like Krauser. So I made it more reasonable by dropping all the point values so they can only beat characters a certain amount of levels ahead of them.
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Because Golden Pair is good, but they would not be beating two characters who are on another level entirely. Like say Atobe and Kite. It is a good boost considering their point value.
I have to disagree. Maybe they would not beat Atobe and Kite but they did beat Jackal and Bunta for example and with Synchro it would most likely be at least a close call against the others.

Anyways, you didn't comment Silver Pair. Would you be so kind?
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have to disagree. Maybe they would not beat Atobe and Kite but they did beat Jackal and Bunta for example and with Synchro it would most likely be at least a close call against the others.

Anyways, you didn't comment Silver Pair. Would you be so kind?
My point. Bunta and Jackal are average players when it comes to singles. They are not captain level. And yes, even with Synchro, Golden Pair would not beat any captain doubles team. They are the best when it comes to a pair around their skill level.

Same for Silver pair and every other pair. Silver pair is NOT the 3rd best doubles pair in the series. They are the 3rd best when it comes to characters around their level. Kirihara and Renji would absolutely destroy them in doubles. Do you get it?
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I have to agree with Devil Data pair owning Silver Pair - forget about Neo Scud, Renji would pwn that. And as for their formation and mirage, Kirihara would just smash the ball in their face + Renji would just figure out some new formation. I can't see them beating Cicada, Yamitaichi, Data Tennis (Inui showed us that, renji being far superior), Knuckle Serve and Devil Mode. No way.

Sengoku is a sure killer
Nope, he is still totally useless if opponents added up points after effects are 7 points out. 13/27 points is fairly easy for a lot of opponents to get to. His feat is a double edged sword too - he could have enough to use Lucky, but then his feat could nulify that.

Kintarou's point system is actually pretty fair - firstly, most players below him can't win (I haven't checked all of them) and players above him are players whose reputation is definately above him. Besides, Ive only seen Kintarou lose to ryoga atm, I see no problem with that.

Anyway Sherlock Holmes, DO NOT POST RESULTS YET, since Fayte changed some things. Lemme repost my lineups.


Tezuka still can't beat Atobe either no matter how I look at it - Tezuka can't win.

Eg. Since a lot of Atobes effects/feats nullify effects, I chose an Aura. Doesn't matter which one. In this case, I choose Wisdom.

Thats 27+3+3=33 for Tezuka. Atobe has 26+4 = 30. Insight is means effects are nullified, but I don't have any, so minus three points only., but Tanhauser works. Thats 27v30. Since Atobe is within twenty levels, Atobe is now 25. 27v25. But wait, Atobe has WOI, thats 22v25. Atobe wins.

If its Pinnacle of Hard Work, it's 27+3+3+=33. Atobe it's 30. Insigh, TServe means it's 27-30. Hard work, means 32-30. WOI, back to 27-30. Atobe wins.
 
Last edited:

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My point. Bunta and Jackal are average players when it comes to singles. They are not captain level. And yes, even with Synchro, Golden Pair would not beat any captain doubles team. They are the best when it comes to a pair around their skill level.

Same for Silver pair and every other pair. Silver pair is NOT the 3rd best doubles pair in the series. They are the 3rd best when it comes to characters around their level. Kirihara and Renji would absolutely destroy them in doubles. Do you get it?
I'll phrase this as I really don't care and as far as the fan league goes this next comment can only hurt me as I pretty much only have singles players....

Two captain level players can beat any singles' players? I can see Kirihara and Renji being at the level of some captain level players like Kite but even still they are far weaker than any of the big 4 (Tezuka, Yuki, Sanada, Atobe). At best I place them around Tachibana/Chitose/Shirashi.

Balance? Kirihara and Renji can beat the Golden Pair with Syncro and the Bunta Jackal Pair...?

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/370/05/

States that if Bunta/Jackal pair was number 1 then after the Golden Pair beat them they are now number 2. Meaning at best Kirihara/Renji pair is 3.

Please explain your reasoning for the re-balance of doubles (I'm confused)? I mean sure some chars might be stronger than expected but what are you trying to do?

Re-balance teams or re-balance characters? If its teams then nerfing Chaos is a bit rough. If its re-balancing characters then I think all we can do is follow the manga and maybe make the golden pair a bit more costly?
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Please, Sherlock and Fayte, made an one and only list of players. Its' a bit chaotic.There are several players with different skills in each list

For example, Fayte should just copy Sherlock's list, it's not difficult.

Why dou YOU hate Golden and Silver Pair? Golden Pair, with Synchro, should won VS any pair of non-high schoolars .They are Number 1 Doubles, so don´t say that Tezuka+ Atobe or some strange pair would defeat them. They are simply the best, just accept it. They were TOYING VS the former Numer 1 Doubles. I'd simply change Synchro to a sure win if the opponent is not a high-scholar.
And how do you know Silver Pair would lose VS Kirihara-Renji? Kirihara and Renji are not doubles expert, I really don´t know how they will be counter Mirage.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My post is the current changes. They will not be implemented immediately. Sherlock's list is the list of the current season. My list is like I said, the changes to be made.

Tezuka still can't beat Atobe either no matter how I look at it - Tezuka can't win.

Eg. Since a lot of Atobes effects/feats nullify auras, I chose an Aura. Doesn't matter which one. In this case, I choose Wisdom.

Thats 27+3+3=33 for Tezuka. Atobe has 26+4 = 30. Insight is means effects are nullified, but I don't have any, so minus three points only., but Tanhauser works. Thats 27v30. Since Atobe is within twenty levels, Atobe is now 25. 27v25. But wait, Atobe has WOI, thats 22v25. Atobe wins.

If its Pinnacle of Hard Work, it's 27+3+3+=33. Atobe it's 30. Insigh, TServe means it's 27-30. Hard work, means 32-30. WOI, back to 27-30. Atobe wins.
This is what everyone needs to be posting. Posts like this. I don't need you guys to be thinking of how your characters need more skills, they don't. I need you to find balances.

I'll phrase this as I really don't care and as far as the fan league goes this next comment can only hurt me as I pretty much only have singles players....

Two captain level players can beat any singles' players? I can see Kirihara and Renji being at the level of some captain level players like Kite but even still they are far weaker than any of the big 4 (Tezuka, Yuki, Sanada, Atobe). At best I place them around Tachibana/Chitose/Shirashi.

Balance? Kirihara and Renji can beat the Golden Pair with Syncro and the Bunta Jackal Pair...?

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/370/05/

States that if Bunta/Jackal pair was number 1 then after the Golden Pair beat them they are now number 2. Meaning at best Kirihara/Renji pair is 3.

Please explain your reasoning for the re-balance of doubles (I'm confused)? I mean sure some chars might be stronger than expected but what are you trying to do?

Re-balance teams or re-balance characters? If its teams then nerfing Chaos is a bit rough. If its re-balancing characters then I think all we can do is follow the manga and maybe make the golden pair a bit more costly?
You are not understanding my post. I did not say that. I said GOLDEN PAIR will NEVER beat a CAPTAIN LEVEL DOUBLES TEAM.

Jackal and Bunta were the number 1 doubles team because they are a known and nationally ranked consistent doubles team who never lost to any other team. That does not mean there exists no other team able to beat them. Like I said, a captain level doubles team could beat them easily.
 
Last edited:

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I should've said Atobe nullifies effects, not aura :S

In the case of Tezuka v Atobe (it's kinda more obvious which player would win :S, even if Atobe is an awesome guy), need to do something about this :S

Imbalance!

And how do you know Silver Pair would lose VS Kirihara-Renji? Kirihara and Renji are not doubles expert, I really don´t know how they will be counter Mirage.
They would get tired though. Why can't you bet Kirihara would try and kill them xD? Besides, I don't even have Kirihara, it's not even much of a problem if they dont play together!! It's there in case they ever play doubles. Complain if I get Kirihara.

I think the point is a captain level team would never have to play in doubles, after all, two wins is better than one.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You are not understanding my post. I did not say that. I said GOLDEN PAIR will NEVER beat a CAPTAIN LEVEL DOUBLES TEAM.

Jackal and Bunta were the number 1 doubles team because they are a known and nationally ranked consistent doubles team who never lost to any other team. That does not mean there exists no other team able to beat them. Like I said, a captain level doubles team could beat them easily.
I think you're really underestimating the skill that the top doubles players have. Look at Fuji for example. Do you really think that players like Ishida and Sakurai or Nitobe and Kita could beat him in Singles? Yet all of them did in doubles because they're better in doubles.

The entire point of the Ryoma/Momoshiro vs Izumi/Fukawa match was that two really great singles players would not necessarily be at an advantage in doubles because of how different it is.

If you want to say that a pair like Renji/Kirihara where both players have a decent amount of experience in doubles could win, that's certainly possible. But I'm positive that the Golden Pair would win against, say, Tezuka and Atobe if they played. You really underestimate the skill required in doubles.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Overall, I like Fayte's changes. Taka is useless now, but I can live with that.

Kabaji is overpowered. He costs less than Richard, and is a killer. He is virtually unbeatable right now. Either make him cost 20 points(To keep things fair. That won't be his strength, merely a cost his player must pay)

The golden pair and the silver pair got nerfs they did not need. Fayte, they were still beatable before. They weren't even close to being broken, if anything they were too weak. So all in all, give them back their original points. I see your point about them been weaker than national level captains, but that doesn't change the fact that unless you change their stats back to normal, they are weaker than many other players right now. Even with their original point value, they still couldn't beat Atobe/Kite because of Atobe and Kite's effects. No captain would lose to them.

Either that, or we could simply have a list of doubles characters and singles characters. Singles characters playing doubles would get a decrease, etc.

Krauser has two effects, but only one of them is useful. One of them has to be a feat, otherwise there is no way in hell I'm ever going to use the other one.

Krauser (23) Chaos
-Demon[Effect]: If opponent is within 10 levels, he drops 5 points.
-Crucify[Effect]: If the opponent is within 3 levels, Krauser wins. (singles only)
Why would I use his second effect if the first one is so much better? Besides, he costs 23 points, I think making one of them a feat isn't really broken considering the other 22.5/23 point characters.

Also, can you change Demon to Antichrist? I just think Antichrist sounds so much better.

Overall, don't worry guys. Those changes are only going to take place next season, the list I have in my post is the one we are using now.

One more thing:

The changes we make before next season will be final. No changing back, no nerfs, no boosts(outside of character manga boosts) no nothing.

That way we'll keep things more stable with less changing. But hey, we have until this season ends to talk about that.


S3:

Renji(25.5)

-Data Tennis[Feat]: Renji gets boosted 3.5 points.
-The Master[Effect]: If the opponent is within 10 levels, Renji gets boosted 5 points. When playing against any member of Seigaku, Renji gets boosted 7 points. (both singles and doubles)

VS

S3 Ryoga
Ryoga (65) Javimgol He will win for sure
-The Prince[Feat]: If the opponent is Echizen, Ryoga automatically loses. (singles only)
-The King[Effect]: Ryoga gets boosted 10 points.

Winner: Jav
Doubles 2:

Koharu (16) Javimgol
-Joker[Effect]: If Hitouji is the partner, Koharu copies the effects of the strongest opponent.

Hitouji (15.5) Javimgol
-Joker[Effect]: If Koharu is the partner, Hitouji copies the effects of the weakest opponent.

vs

-Lucky![Effect]: If the opponent is within 7 levels, Sengoku's team gets raised 7 points, they drop 7 points and their status effects are canceled.
-Born Lucky[Feat]: If the opponents final number of points is even, Sengoku gets boosted 5 points. If the opponent final number of points is odd, Seigoku loses 2 points.
-Perfection[Feat]: If Shiraishi plays doubles, the team is boosted by 7 points. (doubles only)
-The Bible[Effect]: All status effects of the opponent are canceled. (both singles and doubles)

Winner: Bowser
Singles 2:
S2: Tezuka

-Rehabilitation[Feat]: Tezuka gets boosted 3 points.
-Comet of Extinction [Feat]: Tezuka is boosted 3 points and tries to kill players.
-Tezuka Phantom[Effect]: If the opponent is within 10 levels, Tezuka is raised 3 points and all effects are canceled. (singles only)

vs


S2 Sakuno (2) Javimgol Sure lose
-Girly-Girl[Feat]: Characters drop 10 points when playing against her. (singles only)
-Ryoma-kun![Feat]: If opponent is Echizen, Sakuno automatically wins.

Winner: Oh god Bowser.
Doubles 1
Pathetic Pair, sure lose
Kadowaki (6) Javimgol
-Super Tennis[Feat]: When playing singles, Kadowaki automatically loses. (singles only)
Richard (11.5) Javimgol
-AHAHAHA[Feat]: Opponent gets raised 3 points. (singles only)


vs

DOES IT MATTER?

Vs the Jimmies. Winner, the jimmies.

Winner: Bowser
Singles 1

S1: Hiyoshi

-Enbu Tennis[Feat]: If Hyoshi plays singles, he is boosted 5 points.
-Successor[Effect]: Hiyoshi gets to copy one of Atobe's Status Effects - Rondo Towards Destruction
-Gekokujou[Feat]: When playing against an opponent with an original amount of points stronger than Hiyoshi's, the opponent gets his effect negated and Hiyoshi gets boosted 5 points.

vs

Reiji (24) Javimgol
-Power[Feat]: User gets boosted 3 points.
-Masterpiece[Feat]: User gets boosted 3 points if playing in singles 1, OR if his team has lost exactly two matches already.
-Mirage[Effect]: Reiji negates his opponent's effect.

Gekokujou gets Hiyoshi up to 20 points, and Enbu Tennis gets him up to 25. But Reiji gets up to 30 thanks to Masterpiece and Power.
Reiji wins, but Hiyoshi would have won if he had copied world of ice instead, since Gekokkujou would negate Reiji's mirage.
Winner: Bowser, 3-2


Ranking as it stands:

1)Fayte (18 points, +8 games)
2)Atobe The King(15 points, +11 games)
3)Ravsieg(12 points, +2 games)
4)Bowser (12 points,-2 games)
5)Jyten, Sherlock Holmes (9 points, +1 games)
6)Hinata Fan (6 points, -2 games)
7)Chaos (3 points, -4 games)
8)Jav (3 points, -7 games)
9)
 
Last edited:

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I was actually thinking of putting Jimmies in singles, would've died if had :S

Not bad not bad :s...still need to remember about Gekokujou xD
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
As I said before, Hadokyuu is too weak, I mean Power itself gives more points, so it just doesn't make sense at all.

For Pairs, both Bunta and Jackal, as well as Kirihara and Renji both beat Golden Pair at the moment. That's definetly not according to the manga.
Also, for Silver Pair, I think they should be able to get to 45 or something. If I remember correctly, Shishido is not so bad in Singles.

I agree that Kabaji is way too strong for his cost. Maybe you can remove his Feat?
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kabaji is not too strong. That is exactly what he is in the manga. You think he is too strong, tell that to Konomi, not me.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The problem isn't that he's too strong, the problem is that he can't be free. Having Kabaji be free is simply ridiculous. It means he's even cheaper than characters like Kadowaki and Sakuno. This is a huge advantage. In this league, a player has to make a team of 7 with 140 points. In other words, they have to spend an average of 20 points per character. Having Kabaji as a free character means that whoever has him gets to take better characters than they normally would, while also having an extremely powerful character that costs them nothing at all.

I agree with Sherlock that Kabaji should cost 20 points.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top