Game Fan League

Status
Not open for further replies.

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Winner: Bowser, 3-2
<hr noshade size="1">
Ranking as it stands:
Oh,men,bad luck!!!Changing doubles I'd have won.
And Hiyoshi would tied VS Reiji if he had chosen Ice World, not win.
In any case, I had a 16.67% chances of winning with this line-up. And it was my best.


And I absolutely agree with Kabaji costing 20 points.It's an evidence, just compare him with other players that cost less than 10 points.
 
Last edited:

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kabaji costing 20 points doesn't make any sense. Kabaji's skill is based on his opponent. Not only that, the level 20 would mean nothing if Kabaji's feat is to copy the opponents level. Kabaji has no place on tier lists. Why do you think I made him (XX)?

By the way, I hope you all remember I didn't put Kabaji on my original list. He was added later because Sherlock wanted it. I knew he would be a great addition, so I was the first to get him. Don't complain because I was smart. Stop talking about Kabaji and get to the characters that actually need changing.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kabaji costing 20 points doesn't make any sense. Kabaji's skill is based on his opponent. Not only that, the level 20 would mean nothing if Kabaji's feat is to copy the opponents level. Kabaji has no place on tier lists. Why do you think I made him (XX)?

By the way, I hope you all remember I didn't put Kabaji on my original list. He was added later because Sherlock wanted it. I knew he would be a great addition, so I was the first to get him. Don't complain because I was smart. Stop talking about Kabaji and get to the characters that actually need changing.
Well, you and Sherlock do control the fan league...so, can't really do much about you getting him first...I tried to switch chars twice, and I was completely ignored so, you have a slight advantage on who gets swap outs and who doesn't.

You are not understanding my post. I did not say that. I said GOLDEN PAIR will NEVER beat a CAPTAIN LEVEL DOUBLES TEAM.

Jackal and Bunta were the number 1 doubles team because they are a known and nationally ranked consistent doubles team who never lost to any other team. That does not mean there exists no other team able to beat them. Like I said, a captain level doubles team could beat them easily.
Back to the doubles statement, I agree they should go back. Also, when I said Kirihara/Renji can beat Golden pair/Jackal/Bunta Pair I was meaning that in our fan league Kirihara/Renji will always beat Golden pair/Jackal/Bunta Pair. I think that's a little untrue to the manga. If Kirihara/Renji played 10 times I think the Golden Pair would win at least 7/10 times against Kirihara/Renji or Bunta/Jackal. Syncro, to me is that powerful.

Again Fayte please answer my question on balance. Balance for characters to be closer to the manga? Or balance for the teams to be fair?
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Instead of arguing, why not play a few test matches? Here goes:

Kabaji (xx) ALL BASED ON FAYTES LIST
-Power[Feat]: User gets boosted 3 points.
-Usu[Feat]: If Kabaji plays singles, he becomes the base level and copies the [Effect] or [Aura] of whoever he plays.

Lets say...Hiyoshi

Kabaji goes to 15 and extra 3 gives him 18 v Hiyoshi's 15. Gekokujou is useless but Hiyoshi goes up to 17 anyways. 18v17. Only useful technique Atobe has is World of ice, so they both drop 5 points. Hiyoshi loses by a point.
-----------------------------------------------------
Kabajii v Shinji
Kabajii goes to 12.5+3, making it 15.5. Shinji on the other hand is 12.5. Kabaji copies Spot, so it's 7.5 for Shinji. Kabajii however, drops 8 points because of Spot AND Mumble, so it's 7.5 v 7.5. Draw!

-------------------------------------------------------
Kabaji v Inui
Kabaji goes to 19 points. Inui gets boosted to 22. Only good effect there is waterfall. so -2 for both of them. 17 v 20, Inui wins!
-------------------------------------------------------
Kabaji v Kaidoh
Kabaji goes to 19.5 v Kaidoh's 16.5. So since opponent is now stronger, Kaidoh goes to 21.5. Say they both copy Dunk Smash, down three for both. Kaidoh wins. If Devil mode is not activated, then Kabaji wins.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Oshitari would lose against Kabaji - however Jirou would beat Kabaji since he has flexible wrist. Against Gin, it would be a draw since they both have power and their effects are hadoukyuu.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Kabaji could beat Kite IF he had HItman activated - since Kabaji would copy the effect of Kite and the effect is if opponent has an effect, kite is boosted 6.5, Kabaji would win.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Kabaji would lose against Sengoku - Kabaji boosted to 22, Sengoku 19. Since Kabaji's final number is now even, Sengoku boosted 5 points. Lucky is useless since both of them used it and nulified each others effects.
------------------------------------------------------------------
V Kirihara
Kabaji is 26 v Kiriharas 23. Kirihara boosted to 28 due to Devil Mode. Nothing matters now. Kirihara killed Kabaji.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Kabaji would lose against Chitose. Tachibana just about pulls through. Akutsu would DRAW to Kabaji. Fuji would win. Renji also pulls through. Hear this - Atobe would draw to Kabaji! Tezuka would also draw to Kabaji! Even Sanada would draw to Kabaji! Thankfully, Yuki would pwn Kabaji. I think Kabaji would draw to Echizen too! Kabaji would beat Ryoga too...


Fayte, Comet of destruction needs to be on your list too :s...otherwise Tezuka would still lose to Atobe...
 
Last edited:

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm glad Bowser totally showed how Kabaji is accurate to the manga. Remember, Kabaji would have beat Tezuka if it didn't rain. Yet he lost to Jiro because of the flexible wrists.

And I'll change some things about Tezuka, but I'm not adding some stupid filler technique.

Edit:
I updated Tezuka Zone.
 
Last edited:

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The issue isn't that Kabaji is broken compared to the manga. I agree that he's the exact strength that he should be.

The issue is that he's free. He can't be free. Cost is probably the most important thing in this league. Kabaji is pretty much the best character in the entire league because he not only is strong, but he doesn't use up any of the allotted 140 points.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm glad Bowser totally showed how Kabaji is accurate to the manga. Remember, Kabaji would have beat Tezuka if it didn't rain. Yet he lost to Jiro because of the flexible wrists.

And I'll change some things about Tezuka, but I'm not adding some stupid filler technique.

Edit:
I updated Tezuka Zone.
Well since its just aura's thats fine since most people don't have aura's and even if they do they have effects. Also, depending on which effects happen first...Inui will lose to Kabaji...Inui is at 22, Kabaji is at 25 Inui's effect goes oof Kabaji is at 23 and Inui loses. So, long as the person has an effect that gives +3 they'll tie. They must have more than that to win. Less means a loss.

I have a hard time understanding all the order of operations, so if I'm incorrect please tell me...but Kabaji is still super strong for cost. He's at least a decent doubles players and a fair singles player.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The issue isn't that Kabaji is broken compared to the manga. I agree that he's the exact strength that he should be.

The issue is that he's free. He can't be free. Cost is probably the most important thing in this league. Kabaji is pretty much the best character in the entire league because he not only is strong, but he doesn't use up any of the allotted 140 points.
If you can find a way to have that actually make sense to implement into this, be my guest. However, putting a point value on Kabaji will never make sense. We are just going to have to accept it. The guy was beating Tezuka, and the same guy lost to Jiro. What does that say about Kabaji? He can copy anything but feats and he has no real strength.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If you can find a way to have that actually make sense to implement into this, be my guest. However, putting a point value on Kabaji will never make sense. We are just going to have to accept it. The guy was beating Tezuka, and the same guy lost to Jiro. What does that say about Kabaji? He can copy anything but feats and he has no real strength.
Then just name it differently.
Use a word like cost alongside the original point value. All characters besides Kabaji have costs equal to their points but Kabaji has a cost of twenty or whatever and points of XX.

Like this, he still doesn't have a point value but rather became more expensive to use in general.
There is no problem with that, is there?
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Also, depending on which effects happen first...Inui will lose to Kabaji...Inui is at 22, Kabaji is at 25 Inui's effect goes oof Kabaji is at 23 and Inui loses. So, long as the person has an effect that gives +3 they'll tie. They must have more than that to win. Less means a loss.
Inui would never lost to Kabaji. Inui's boost are all feats. Kabaji cant copy feats.

Kabaji = 16+3
Inui = 16+3+3

Both minus two cuz they both copy waterfall. That's still 17 v Inui's 20. No problem for Inui XD

But yeah, theres a minor glitch to some players drawing to Kabaji cuz as we know it, there are loads of things that have side effects for him. Not too sure about doubles, cant be bothered to check.
--------------------------
Tezuka is gonna win by a point xD

As for cost thing, the only problem is Faytes team would have to be downgraded - tbh, Fayte did pick him first when he was free...


Also, Jimmies are still worth 48 points :p, 15+13, plus Minamis 10 and teams 10. Awesome, thanks a lot you guys XD
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Also, Jimmies are still worth 48 points :p, 15+13, plus Minamis 10 and teams 10. Awesome, thanks a lot you guys XD
Didn't they have 38 before?

Both effects refer to "team gets boosted by", so the bonus is only applied once, isn't it? Otherwise Golden Pair had 72 points in total, no?
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Technically yeah :s but you didn't read it carefully. Sherlock and Fayte still hasn't cleared it up yet haha. None of their effects refer to team.

Minami (13) Bowser
-Doubles Expert[Effect]: When playing doubles with Higashitaka, Minami gets boosted 10 points. (doubles only)

Higashitaka (15) Bowser
-Doubles Expert[Effect]: When playing doubles with Minami, team gets boosted 10 points. (doubles only)

On that basis, I refer Minami to as 23, Higashitaka as 15 and extra 10 for the team XD
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm slightly pissed because of that.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Inui would never lost to Kabaji. Inui's boost are all feats. Kabaji cant copy feats.

Kabaji = 16+3
Inui = 16+3+3

Both minus two cuz they both copy waterfall. That's still 17 v Inui's 20. No problem for Inui XD

But yeah, theres a minor glitch to some players drawing to Kabaji cuz as we know it, there are loads of things that have side effects for him. Not too sure about doubles, cant be bothered to check.
--------------------------
Tezuka is gonna win by a point xD

As for cost thing, the only problem is Faytes team would have to be downgraded - tbh, Fayte did pick him first when he was free...


Also, Jimmies are still worth 48 points :p, 15+13, plus Minamis 10 and teams 10. Awesome, thanks a lot you guys XD
My mistake I had an older version of Kabaji. I didn't see the new version is base level. Still he's better than all the lower tier chars...but w/e I don't actually care.

Lolz, though Bowser on the Minam/Higa pair. :p
 
Last edited:

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I should agree with Kabaji costing 20 points, but having the base level of XX and Fayte's post rules
Kabaji's issue is another thing to do before next season begins.The other issues are Doubles, balance characters, and maybe Coaches/Edited player
Let's finish this season first. Is this round (number 6?) finished?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
No, we miss one match I think.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Jimmies pair are not doubled in points. I just didn't change the wording yet.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Kabaji costing 20 points doesn't make any sense. Kabaji's skill is based on his opponent. Not only that, the level 20 would mean nothing if Kabaji's feat is to copy the opponents level. Kabaji has no place on tier lists. Why do you think I made him (XX)?

By the way, I hope you all remember I didn't put Kabaji on my original list. He was added later because Sherlock wanted it. I knew he would be a great addition, so I was the first to get him. Don't complain because I was smart. Stop talking about Kabaji and get to the characters that actually need changing.
Yeah, it was added because I wanted it. And I remember especifically reminding you that if we added him, even though he had no points, his owner would have to pay some cost for him. You kind of ignored that part, went ahead and added him to your list.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kabaji is not getting a point value when he has no playstyle or ability level. You guys either accept it or I take him out. Which will it be.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Simply give all characters buy costs. That way Kabaji can stay and everyone is happy, no?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top