Game Fan League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravsieg

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
325
Reaction score
2
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Wait, Echizen + Richard? Were you hoping Echizen's 40 points could win the doubles match by itself?
 

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lol yea...thats what i thought..

Faytes line up was pretty good...the doubles were so fucking close..like 2 pts made the difference.
 

Ravsieg

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
325
Reaction score
2
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Ouchie. I had made that comment not even realizing my match had been done. Sigh, I've been partying too much.

Sherlock, I thought you'd throw Kazuya up on Singles 3 right away, and well... my wrong prediction earned me a total waste of my best player (Fuji, thrashed by Kazuya) and a loss to Nioh (who I could have beat).
In the end, I was lucky to have won Doubles 2.. because, well, I bombed it. But apparently, you even bombed it more than I did. It was quite a low-tiered match. So it went down to luck, basically. I'm not so sure I can repeat this for the next round.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Ouchie. I had made that comment not even realizing my match had been done. Sigh, I've been partying too much.

Sherlock, I thought you'd throw Kazuya up on Singles 3 right away, and well... my wrong prediction earned me a total waste of my best player (Fuji, thrashed by Kazuya) and a loss to Nioh (who I could have beat).
In the end, I was lucky to have won Doubles 2.. because, well, I bombed it. But apparently, you even bombed it more than I did. It was quite a low-tiered match. So it went down to luck, basically. I'm not so sure I can repeat this for the next round.
Yeah, doubles 2 made all the difference. But unfortunately, my team cost a lot of points due to Kazuya. I couldn't make it stronger if I tried haha.

Your team is in my opinion, the best in the league. It's balanced. Everyone else has one star player and a few other thrashes.

My only chance to win would be if you bombed S1 in favor of making D2 stronger. grrr so close.

Well anyway, so far I have received lineups from Bowser and Fayte. That leaves Jyten and Atobe to send their lineups. I sent mine to Fayte yesterday. Must...Not...Lose...
 

Ravsieg

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
325
Reaction score
2
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Yeah, in the end it was quite lucky. When I picked my team, most players had been chosen. Rather than Irie who I didn't pick because it'd seriously narrow my already small array of players to pick from, I just took the best players I could. Turns out my team's total points was really close to the limit, so, it meant it wasn't all that bad.

However, the fact that everyone's so close to each other on my team means there isn't much room for strategy. I know I'm losing against the big boys, and beat the weaklings. I just have to guess where it's more likely my opponents will pitch the couple of mid-tiers they have, and put my best players there.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Fayte vs Atobe The King

S3-Echizen(40) VS Kikumaru (12)=Winner: Atobe The King
D2-Yukimura+Atobe (61) vs Sanada+Rin (51)=Winner: Atobe The King
S2-Shinji (12.5) vs Jiro (16.5)=Winner: Fayte
D1-Richard+ Saeki (7) vs Tachibana/Akutsu (54)=Winner: Fayte
S1-Yuuta (4) VS Zaizen (17)=Winner: Fayte

Game set and match: Fayte.

LOL. Atobe, Fayte's weakest character had 16.5 points. Did you really expect Shinji to beat him? Though if you just had thrown Echizen/Yukimura/Atobe in singles, they would likely win easily.

Haha Richard and Saeki got killed.

Either way, Zaizen was the hero here and won the match that dragged all the way to singles one.

Fayte tried to win this match because he thought Atobe would go with Echizen and Yukimura on singles and Atobe in one of the doubles. He was wrong, but Atobe's new formation while managing to win the first 2 rounds, was out of juice by the time Singles 2 came.

This is how the ranking stands now:

1)Ravsieg (9 points +4 games)
2)Fayte, (6 points, +3 games)
3)Bowser, Jyten(6 points, +1 game)
4)Sherlock Holmes.(3 points, 0 games)
5)Atobe The King, (0 points, -3 games)
6)Hinata Fan(0 points, -6 games)
7)-Insert Joke Here
Fayte snatched the second place! Not for long though, as either Bowser or Jyten will take that place from him. As for Atobe, he now has 3 matches and 3 losses. But if I defeat Hinata Fan, he won't be the last one in the league! So cheer for me!
 
Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ima be honest..i didn't even know i was facing Fayte... I didn't take this seriously enough..i would have managed my team better..i took richard for lulz and now it's backfiring like crazy >_< XP.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Ima be honest..i didn't even know i was facing Fayte... I didn't take this seriously enough..i would have managed my team better..i took richard for lulz and now it's backfiring like crazy >_< XP.
I would make fun of you, but I took Kadowaki for the very same reason. So I can only nod my head in silence.


Slightly related, I showed this to a friend and since he and I are always in an eternal cycle of one upping each other, he made an entire rpg based on this fan league but much more complicated.
I would post the link, but I don't want you guys to join it. YOU ARE ALL SUPPOSED TO BE ON MY SIDE NOT HIS XD.
 
Last edited:

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nice match Atobe. Zaizen's ma boy!

Singles 3: Gin (20.5) vs Niou (22) - Sherlock
Doubles 2: Kaidoh/Chinen (32.9) vs Kazuya/Kadowaki (62) - Sherlock
Singles 2: Oni (50) vs Momo (16) OH SNAP - Hinata Fan
Doubles 1: Kurobane/Shishido (16) vs Ootori/Mizuki (17.5) - Sherlock
Singles 1: Jackal (10) vs Kenya (14.5) - Sherlock

Winner:
Sherlock Holmes
(4-1)
 
Last edited:

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, I didn't think Kadowaki/Ootori's raping would be topped so soon, but Richard and Saeki proved me wrong.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sherlock writes "Holy Warrior Kadowaki" in his pm's to me lol
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nice match Atobe. Zaizen's ma boy!

Singles 3: Gin (20.5) vs Niou (22) - Sherlock
Doubles 2: Kaidoh/Chinen (32.9) vs Kazuya/Kadowaki (62) - Sherlock
Singles 2: Oni (50) vs Momo (16) OH SNAP - Hinata Fan
Doubles 1: Kurobane/Shishido (16) vs Ootori/Mizuki (17.5) - Sherlock
Singles 1: Jackal (10) vs Kenya (14.5) - Sherlock

Winner:
Sherlock Holmes
(4-1)
Wow. I wasn't expecting Kazuya/Kadowaki in Doubles. Well, as expected my team is pretty much boned. I knew I should have put Jackal in Doubles 1...
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
YES. YES. YES. YES. *punches the air*
I KNEW YOU WOULD PUT GIN IN S3. *caham*

I figured that since Kadowaki would lose any match I put him in, I better pair him up with Kazuya. That way it would either be a win to me, or you would have to use both Gin and Oni in doubles. If you did that, then Niou and the rest would have no problem exterminating the rest of your team.

I was worried about doubles 1 and singles 3 though. If you had Oni against Niou, I was screwed.

Singles 2: Oni (50) vs Momo (16) OH SNAP - Hinata Fan
I loled at this match.

Sherlock writes "Holy Warrior Kadowaki" in his pm's to me lol
You damn right I do.
FINALLY, HOLY WARRIOR KADOWAKI GOT HIS FIRST VICTORY!

The ranking as it stands:

1)Ravsieg (9 points +4 games)
2)Fayte, Sherlock Holmes.(6 points, +3 games)
3)Bowser, Jyten(6 points, +1 game)
4)Atobe The King, (0 points, -3 games)
5)Hinata Fan(0 points, -9 games)
6)-Insert Joke Here-
7)-Insert Joke Here-
Me and Fayte are now tied in second! Ravsieg will probably stay in first though.

Only match left in this round is Jyten vs Bowser! Who will win? MAKE YOUR BETS.
 
Last edited:

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
YES. YES. YES. YES. *punches the air*
I KNEW YOU WOULD PUT GIN IN S3. *caham*

I figured that since Kadowaki would lose any match I put him in, I better pair him up with Kazuya. That way it would either be a win to me, or you would have to use both Gin and Oni in doubles. If you did that, then Niou and the rest would have no problem exterminating the rest of your team.

I was worried about doubles 1 and singles 3 though. If you had Oni against Niou, I was screwed.
I was really up in the air on Oni and Gin's position until sending, but I figured that you would put Kazyua in S3 since you used him in S2 last time. I really didn't expect him in Doubles, which pretty much screwed me up in the end.

I had based my strategy around the fact that in order to lose Doubles 2, you would have to use Niou in it to beat me. I figured that even if you put Kazuya in Singles 2, I would be able to steal either Doubles 2 or Singles 3 depending on where Niou was, and then probably be able to win out (since I thought Kadowaki would be in Doubles 1).
 

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
2,513
Reaction score
325
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yea Fayte...twas close..but no dice..you made a great team.

Sherlock your mind raping powers at work?

As for me..not much i can do but try and work around my 3 glaring weaknesses (Richard,Richard and Saeki)
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I was really up in the air on Oni and Gin's position until sending, but I figured that you would put Kazyua in S3 since you used him in S2 last time. I really didn't expect him in Doubles, which pretty much screwed me up in the end.

I had based my strategy around the fact that in order to lose Doubles 2, you would have to use Niou in it to beat me. I figured that even if you put Kazuya in Singles 2, I would be able to steal either Doubles 2 or Singles 3 depending on where Niou was, and then probably be able to win out (since I thought Kadowaki would be in Doubles 1).
Yeah, I knew you weren't expecting Kazuya. At first I was like "this match depends on whether I can predict where he is going to throw Oni or not..." then I realized Oni was more important. If I threw Kazuya in doubles I could surprise you, and save Holy Warrior Kadowaki from losing. Then Niou could take on anyone but Oni.

So I figured you would put Oni in singles 2 because I used Kazuya in singles 1 and 2, which would make you think I was using a rotation order, and would leave S3 the most vulnerable spot for me to snatch a win with Niou, I knew I would have one loss from Oni since you wouldn't ever put him in doubles, so I had to focus on the rest. Guessing which characters you would use, I figured you would only have 3 characters left, and if I left Kenya for singles 1 he would win for sure, and they would win as well.

So yeah, Xanatos Gambit. I would have been owned if you put Kaidoh in doubles 1 and Gin in singles 1. The score is big, but it was a difference of one prediction. If I had missed where gin was, I'd have lost big.

Yea Fayte...twas close..but no dice..you made a great team.

Sherlock your mind raping powers at work?

As for me..not much i can do but try and work around my 3 glaring weaknesses (Richard,Richard and Saeki)
Yeah, I used the same mind raping powers from when I predicted 47-45 Atobe.

Me too, I had to work around Mizuki, Ootori and Kadowaki. I solved Kadowaki's problem by using Kazuya, but Ootori and Mizuki are a little impossible to use in anything other than doubles, and that leaves me predictable. I had to pull an Akagi this time and go with Kazuya on doubles to win, but I don't think i can repeat that next round.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Next matches?
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Still waiting for Jyten.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sorry just sent mine..I had a really busy weekend. Ended up driving home at 3:00am...was a 5 hour drive....

Just sent my line up...I have like no chance against Bowser...Yeah, I feel your pain Atobe...I have nothing but a team of glaring weak points (Inui, Kai, Aoi, Cancer)...I blame Cancer for this... :P
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Don't worry Jyten, it happens. We know people haves lives XD

JYTEN VS BOWSER

Singles 3: Tezuka(27) vs Inui(11.5)=Winner: Bowser
Doubles 2:Krauser+Sengoku(41) vs Irie+Gakuto (60)=Winner: Jyten
Singles 2:Shiraishi(24.5) vs Kai (11)=Winner: Bowser
Doubles 1: Renji+Hiyoshi(43) vs Chitose+Yagyuu (46)=Winner: Jyten
Singles 1:Tanishi(6.5) vs Aoi (7)=HAHAHAHAH JYTEN

Game and match! Jyten! 3-2!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
AHAHAHHAAHAHHAHA
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

THAT'S THE SECOND TIME AOI WINS A MATCH.

Ladies and gentleman, behold the power of Aoi, who was the hero of this match!


___________________________________
This is how the rank stands, after 3 rounds!

1)Ravsieg (9 points +4 games)
2)Jyten(9 points, +2 game)
3)Fayte, Sherlock Holmes.(6 points, +3 games)
4)Bowser(6 points, +1 game)
5)Atobe The King, (0 points, -3 games)
6)Hinata Fan(0 points, -9 games)
7)-Insert Joke Here-

Anyone can still win! I'll post round 4 later, Uncharted is inside my ps3 waiting for me in this very moment.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top