Game Fan League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Naturally, we'll finish this season before agreeing on any new rules, but as long as there are no matches we can just as well discuss things a bit now. That way, it won't take that long after the season.

Furthermore I'd like to hear some more about the coaches, could you post it or pm me?
I also agree that these changes should be kept for next season. Also, why not have both a reserve character and a coach?
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
A coach wouldn't actually too bad, but it's quite limited. You have
Banda, Ryuzaki, Sakaki, Sanada, Yukimura, Echizen, Tachibana, Mizuki (omf XD), Jyousei Shonan one? Midoriyama one? Oji, the fat bald one from Higu, Watanabe (Shitenhouji one). MOre then enough for one each, guess we cant pick the player-coaches that we have on our team obviously.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I also agree that these changes should be kept for next season. Also, why not have both a reserve character and a coach?
Eh, well good question...

I think, as I'm really bored, I'll elaborate a bit on the custom characters:

New Character:

Name
Right-Handed/Left-Handed
School

Starting Points -> As I said earlier, we could use this to balance things out. E.g. when we agreed on all new rules and maybe teams, we make a list, where each team is ranked. Afterwards whoever is first on that list gets a charcter with 6 points, the one who is ninth gets one with 15 points or something. Then, whenever that character is used in a match and wins he gets a boost of 3 points.

Feats, Effects etc. -> I'd propose you are gonna receive these when your character reaches a certain level. Also, everyone could get a Feat of either Singles Expert or Doubles Expert in the beginning.

Playstyle? -> If we were to give every custom character a playstyle (offensive basliner, defensive baseliner, serve & volley or all-rounder), we could adjust the effects and feats you can receive based on this.

I think that's all I can think of for now.


A coach wouldn't actually too bad, but it's quite limited. You have
Banda, Ryuzaki, Sakaki, Sanada, Yukimura, Echizen, Tachibana, Mizuki (omf XD), Jyousei Shonan one? Midoriyama one? Oji, the fat bald one from Higu, Watanabe (Shitenhouji one). MOre then enough for one each, guess we cant pick the player-coaches that we have on our team obviously.
I don't think player coaches would be a wise choice. Imagine Sanada would play a team with Sanada as coach. Definite no from my side.
 
Last edited:

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't know about coaches. There aren't that many ones available, although I guess there are about a million different U-17 coaches.

Reserve players are definitely a good idea, on the other hand. I also like the idea for play styles. Certain feats or effects could work better or worse (or not at all) against certain play styles, and some doubles pairings could work better.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
guess we cant pick the player-coaches that we have on our team obviously.
Shoulda made it clearer.

This game is going way too far atm, maybe we should separate a discussion thread or a result page, I cant even see track previous results/lineups
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This is getting so complicated...
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Shoulda made it clearer.

This game is going way too far atm, maybe we should separate a discussion thread or a result page, I cant even see track previous results/lineups
Agreed. We should have another thread for Fan League Changes. Yeah, I donno how complicated we want to make the Fan League. I was fine with just stats....
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, things are getting complicated. I don't mind, but I'm fine with things being as simple or as complex as other people want.
 

javimgol

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
759
Reaction score
83
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
How works:

1)IN doubles, Gay Pair VS Fuji + someone
Joker[Effect]: If Hitouji is the partner, Koharu copies the effects of the strongest opponent.
VS
Triple Counter[Effect]: All status effects of the opponent are canceled. (both singles and doubles)

No player get effects? Triple Counter nullify Joker?
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Even so, they probably wont be able to beat Fuji realistically anyhow, so it isn't too much of a problem.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Agreed. We should have another thread for Fan League Changes. Yeah, I donno how complicated we want to make the Fan League. I was fine with just stats....
I agree with that, having one thread for general discussion and one for the matches would be nice.
About making things more complicated, I think the more things there are to watch out for, the more interesting it is.
 

Fayte

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
299
Gender
Male
Country
United States
College is annoying this week so that is my reason for not being active at the moment.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Reserve players are definitely a good idea, on the other hand. I also like the idea for play styles. Certain feats or effects could work better or worse (or not at all) against certain play styles, and some doubles pairings could work better.
About playstyles, the first thing we had to decide was how many different ones to use.
All-rounder, Serve and Volley, Baseliner or split them up into some more like offensive and defensive baseliners, big servers etc.

Then, we could say if playstyle 1 is up against playstyle 2, the player gets a boost (when using only three, this would be something like rock-paper-scissors, I guess).

I just wanted to implement playstyles on custom character in order to give them amore unique way to gain different effects.

I think it would be too much work to adjust feats and effects to playstyles, though.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
No, I think any more ideas will only make things worse, and more confusing, I'm very happy with the way it is tbh, u can always change some effects. More additional things = more broken players, you can't simulate all the players and say who can beat who. It's getting too confusing. Staying like this is fine :S
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
No, I think any more ideas will only make things worse, and more confusing, I'm very happy with the way it is tbh, u can always change some effects. More additional things = more broken players, you can't simulate all the players and say who can beat who. It's getting too confusing. Staying like this is fine :S
Well, maybe adding this much from one season to another might be a little too much.

Nevertheless for the sake of adding a bit more depth and balance, I'd really like to see a reserve player per team and the doubles slightly boosted. Things don't have to be exact but when it gets too unrealistic, it's no good either, imo.
 

Jyten

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
339
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
College is annoying this week so that is my reason for not being active at the moment.
Don't worry about it. College is more important.

you can't simulate all the players and say who can beat who. It's getting too confusing. Staying like this is fine :S
Funny that you say that because if we use a tier system or if I ever complete my program we can. I mean if we rate all skills based on some arbitrary number...triple counters = 10 points and make all A grade players have 40 points then we can keep it quite balanced while adding complexity to the game...

Yeah, I'm a nerd..and a lot of my friends went to college for game design....not that any of us work in game design because the pay sucks but you know...we still think about this stuff all the time.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, but this is getting way too complicated, it was brilliant when it was simple. Keep the effects and feats :(
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah, but this is getting way too complicated, it was brilliant when it was simple. Keep the effects and feats :(
you really think so?
I mean we just have some points and add or substract some. That's basically all there is. The way we're heading at the moment just gives more possibilities to do this.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I've been a little busy, just letting you guys know. I'll post later today.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top