Games Fate/Grand Order

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This event is so weird...

I'm certainly not opposed to them trying new things with their events but this is a weird one.
 
Last edited:

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This event is so weird...

I'm certainly not opposed to them trying new things with their events but this is a weird one.
Dind´t really liked it. The plot is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too heavy with exposition, and not even sherlock´s presence was able to save it for me. Skip and give me 10 saint quartz thank you
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't dislike it really but at the level of degeneracy I'm at now as I'm reading the story part of my brain is just trying to figure out how to farm this. It just can't understand that is not possible.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I've been devoting this lull in the FGO events to completing Lostbelt 1. Just finished and I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum from you on this one @SirSamuel016. I really didn't like it.

Musashi saved it at least a little since her part was so great. But that was such a small part of it. And the rest was so slow and exposition heavy. I may have even liked Agartha better honestly.

Musashi was terrific though.
 

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,637
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Did one last (10) roll for Okita, got double! Pretty sure that's all my luck for June... Hopefully I still got a little left of Okita Alter...
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I don't dislike it really but at the level of degeneracy I'm at now as I'm reading the story part of my brain is just trying to figure out how to farm this. It just can't understand that is not possible.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I've been devoting this lull in the FGO events to completing Lostbelt 1. Just finished and I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum from you on this one @SirSamuel016. I really didn't like it.

Musashi saved it at least a little since her part was so great. But that was such a small part of it. And the rest was so slow and exposition heavy. I may have even liked Agartha better honestly.

Musashi was terrific though.
That's a surprise Jammin, I would've thought might've liked it haha. I appreciate it for the tone shift away from us being easily in the moral right to a far more questionable position but I can see why people mightn't be keen on Lostbelt 1. Here's to Skadibelt 2 being better for you!
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's a surprise Jammin, I would've thought might've liked it haha. I appreciate it for the tone shift away from us being easily in the moral right to a far more questionable position but I can see why people mightn't be keen on Lostbelt 1. Here's to Skadibelt 2 being better for you!
Yeah, hopefully. I feel like my issues weren't the broader story direction but with where this particular story focused and how long it took to do it.

The ending was solid enough, with the Saliari parts. But it was such a long way to get there and the sort of blank winter setting wasn't really to my taste I guess. I'm not sure why Goredorf is even in the story either. He's a comic relief character that isn't funny at all. And that Paxci character arc was a little iffy too, I think, even if the resolution was good.

What I would have liked much more is 500% more Musashi. That was the highlight for me and it only lasted like 3 out of 22 chapters.
 
Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Yeah, hopefully. I feel like my issues weren't the broader story direction but with where this particular story focused and how long it took to do it.

The ended was solid enough, with the Saliari parts. But it was such a long way to get there and the sort of blank winter setting wasn't really to my taste I guess. I'm not sure why Goredorf is even in the story either. He's a comic relief character that isn't funny at all. And that Paxci character arc was a little iffy too, I think, even if the resolution was good.

What I would have liked much more is 500% more Musashi. That was the highlight for me and it only lasted like 3 out of 22 chapters.
I get that 100% and agree with you in some areas. Here's my take on it those things:
- Goredolf can seem like a loose end but he was very much a pawn in the game of chess that set up the Lostbelts in him purchasing Chaldea. He's important in that sense because he's the owner and like him or hate him you don't want to have another commander kick the bucket after Olga Maria and then O.G Da Vinci if you get my drift. You're the moral good of humanity and represent that good, and while Goredolf is a shitstain he adds contrast to your shining light, adding definition to why your fight is correct, just as these failed existences you go up against in that sense.
- Patxi is certainly something, was iffy in places but I feel like the resolution worked especially given how he was shaped by the world. He had reason to hate us, multiple really, but in the end he still spurred us on to fight and we need to see it through to the end.
- You can't have too much Musashi or you'll become dull to her. As the big Musashi boi here of course I want more, but I like to look at her like an incredibly fine whisky, you want to savour it in smaller amounts or it will dull your pallete if you rely on it too much for your kick. Musashi played her part effectively in saving the Master and then splitting Ivan's mammoth trunk etc. up, giving us the chance we needed. Absence makes the heart grow fonder so be patient my friend ;)
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I figured Jammin wouldn't like it tbh :XD Personally I thought Anastasia was a good story, but I agree with him that it took way too long to get there. The sorta problem a lot of these stories have. Like, we don't need 10 scenes to show that yes, the Yaga think differently, and that yes, that their way of life is WRONG but THEY JUST WANT TO LIVE and that's INHERENTLY BEAUTIFUL AND TRAGIC and JESUS IS IT OKAY TO DENY THEIR WORLD? On the other hand they had good pieces with Salieri, and Kadoc + Anastasia, Ivan and Kirei, and even Avicebron was actually a pretty nice char.

Atalanta Alter got mostly ignored and reduced to her kid issues again (unlike Avicebron, who had actual character development), and can't say I quite care or cared about Beowulf and Billy...

But besides those few it did a lot of things right. It just took waaaaay too long to get there bc it kept hammering home the same stuff. And then, after what feels like forever, the showdown is over in a flash. I know they had a lot of exposition and explanations to do too, but reduce the amount of story by 2 or 3 hours and it would've worked a lot better.
Overall 7.5 from my side I'd say, was hoping for a bit more but not that strongly disappointed either.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, at 12 chapters I probably would rate it a lot higher. And I forgot Avicebron who had some nice Apcrypha payoff.

As it stands though, I'm afraid it's like a 5 for me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Looks like my luck has returned for now, Summer Tamamo from 4 tickets but no Summer Mordred from the 5 tickets I rolled :emocat
 

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,637
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Manage to get both Kiyohime and Mordred... Unfortunately will have to wait to level them up, since currently in the middle of leveling Nezha and Achilles up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
One 10 summon gave me Circe and another Summer Kyohime. 3 more tickets gave me Tama Lancer, the last Summer Servant I was missing. All's good with the world :amuse

And Guda Guda 3 is almost upon us, Okita Alter's near :3 better prepare for the worst, just in case
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Still better than the camelot filler of HEY LET US PROVE OURSELFES TO THE ASSASSINS FOR THE 100TH TIME

Also FINAAAAAAAAAAALLY
HE
IS
HERE
MY
FAVORITE
IRL
CHARACTER
THE ONE WHO STARTED ME ON LIKING BOOKS WHEN I WAS LIKE 5-7 OR SOEMTHING


SHERLOCK JOINS THE PARTY


FUCKING CASTER GOLD GEMS LOCKING ME FROM 10/10/10 HIM

Seriously he is a amazing unit that opens some different combinations

alsonp2saberlotyey
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
:XD I'm officially announcing the Summer 1 banner as my absolute and true nemesis. :XD

2018 Summer 1 banner be like:
Summer 1 still gives me nightmares up to this day. There is not much which can top getting spooked by Orion while rolling for Artoria Archer.
2019 Summer 1 banner was successfully skipped by me.

2020 Summer 1 banner be like: Rate Up for Tamamo, Anne Bonney & Mary Read, Mordred, Kiyohime
syx: please give me anyone of those rate ups except for Anne Bonney & Mary Read
2020 Summer 1 banner after 10 tickets: here have a silver Rider card
syx: but... I want a golden Rider card...
2020 Summer 1 banner: okay, I'll make it gold for you =)
syx::zomg
syx: but... I want a golden card of the rate up servants... =(
2020 Summer 1 banner: ups... my fault... I will make up for it, please enter some tickets.
syx: Arigatou gozaimasu! :zomg *uses another 10 tickets*
2020 Summer 1 banner: here, have a golden card of the rate up servants!
2020 Summer 1 banner: trollololololo

:sweatdrop

I will never pull on this banner ever again. :lmao
 
Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
FGO and saving SQ, two things that just can't go together for me :lmao

Rolled a pack on stream and got some good stuff in the first two multis. I won't spoil it if you want to watch it here, but all I can say is spooks or not I'm happy with how it went :lmao
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yo @Jammin look at this new alter servant

Wassup homies its "I will decapitate you" Marie! Tho I guess it´d be more acurate to call this her real form and her other form her "alter" by our world history
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looks like a Liz/Carmilla situation. I'm a fan. Though I'll be curious to see what they do with her personality-wise that's what really makes or breaks an alter.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Looks like a Liz/Carmilla situation. I'm a fan. Though I'll be curious to see what they do with her personality-wise that's what really makes or breaks an alter.
From a few translations that I´ve read (but they are very early so they could be wrong) she wants vengeance on the world because of what was done to her and her son (no mention to her husband, and FINALLY ONE OF THOSE DW, LOOKING AT YOU BOUDICA), and according to the translator is a "Your Son Calls me Mommy too" type of character. Whatever the fuck that means
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Sooo I replayed fgo, and it seems the game calling me to join you guys considering it gave me an SSR with those 30 gems, it was arjuna btw (there also caster gil and tamamo cat in the account)
The fact that an SSR came so fast made me consider rerolling as it's rather easy right now (30 gems) but I'm also super lazy so I avoid that

I guess I'm starting my account with swag
Welp time to go for summer BB I hope I have enough time to save for her
Btw how do we get mana prism fast, I need to get 20 before the ticket in the shop expires


I blame @SnuggleCupcake for making me talk about FGO and reminding me of my interest in it
I guess I'm entering hell
(The good thing for my sanity or bad thing for playing I don't have space for an other gacha on my phone other than magireco, so that means I'm emulating FGO right now on my pc )
 

SnuggleCupcake

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 15, 2020
Messages
128
Reaction score
263
Gender
Female
Country
Fun Forum
I blame @SnuggleCupcake for making me talk about FGO and reminding me of my interest in it
I guess I'm entering hell
(The good thing for my sanity or bad thing for playing I don't have space for an other gacha on my phone other than magireco, so that means I'm emulating FGO right now on my pc )
You can play with me! We can slog through all the early game together~
 
Top