Shounen Fire Force by ATSUSHI OKUBO

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
It's the art and powers that keep me reading at the moment. The story is stuttering a little too much with the introduction of new concepts and characters though.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
A Flame Person with consciousness at last. It was interesting to learn about the different squads, the 8th is perfect for Shinra after all. Which makes me think, if the higher ups have seen his name they should have guessed he would try to investigate. And yet they put him in the 8th squad.

Is it me or that guy looks a lot like Johan Liebert?

 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Chapter #9 was quite interesting, we got a lot of information. The 1st Squad who has a close link to the Holy Sol Temple and the 5th Squad actually being the #1 supplier of equipments are the most shady squads in my opinion. No doubt they have a finger in the pie regarding the phenomenon. I like mysteries as such.
 
Last edited:

Thorgue

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2015
Messages
174
Reaction score
65
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
My first post here. Well Soul Eater is my favorite manga, so i couldn't be more happy with how things are going for Enen.
Last chapter made me think the squads, at first i thought the number of the squads was used as a ranking, but with what we have seen in this chapter, the organization is very shady.
Also, I would like to see in the future, if Shinra's squad leader is supposed to investigate and keep an Eye on the other squads, how he manage to keep up with the People with fire powers
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
The first half was fun :D. That Flame Person might be sentient but there's no reason to listen to someone like that with all his crimes.

My first post here. Well Soul Eater is my favorite manga, so i couldn't be more happy with how things are going for Enen.
Last chapter made me think the squads, at first i thought the number of the squads was used as a ranking, but with what we have seen in this chapter, the organization is very shady.
Also, I would like to see in the future, if Shinra's squad leader is supposed to investigate and keep an Eye on the other squads, how he manage to keep up with the People with fire powers
They said there's at least one normal person in each squads IIRC.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
Shinra being awesome again, it's pretty rare to see the MC outshine the rival so early in a manga. I wonder what's that Adora burst thing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Pretty good chapter this week. Hinawa was awesome and Arthur is finally going to fight. I have never seen him with such a serious face before.
 

`Saturn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
192
Reaction score
145
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really know how I feel about this series so far. It started off kinda cool and I liked the whole concept of the different levels of powers the characters have, but it feels like it's dived into overly complex powers and longer storylines a bit too early. I know it's intended to be more comedic/ecchi than your standard shounen, so story won't be as much of a focal point, but even Freezing started off with a better pace and story flow, which is saying a lot.

Also, Arthur "forgetting" to use his proper sword hand was a poor way to make a character look weak for a chapter. The author could have just had him be overwhelmed by the flame person's new power for a while, which would have been plausible since it was something he'd never seen, and then have him overcome it and win. Writing in such a terrible asspull so early on in the series doesn't make me hopeful for its future. I'll give it another 10 or so chapters but I think the series is gonna end up a dud, which is a shame because it has potential.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't really know how I feel about this series so far. It started off kinda cool and I liked the whole concept of the different levels of powers the characters have, but it feels like it's dived into overly complex powers and longer storylines a bit too early. I know it's intended to be more comedic/ecchi than your standard shounen, so story won't be as much of a focal point, but even Freezing started off with a better pace and story flow, which is saying a lot.

Also, Arthur "forgetting" to use his proper sword hand was a poor way to make a character look weak for a chapter. The author could have just had him be overwhelmed by the flame person's new power for a while, which would have been plausible since it was something he'd never seen, and then have him overcome it and win. Writing in such a terrible asspull so early on in the series doesn't make me hopeful for its future. I'll give it another 10 or so chapters but I think the series is gonna end up a dud, which is a shame because it has potential.
Yes, the Arhur fight was pretty dumb. His victory was obvious since the beginning anyway. He could have found a better excuse or just shown his fight at the end of the chapter.
 

Shinko

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
21
Reaction score
6
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
#1 vol. FBOF [LQ]
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
The two last chapters have been boring. The Arthur chapter was silly but it was at least entertaining, the fight between Shinra and Ivana however is boring, with a boring backstory.
 

Aonori

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 13, 2015
Messages
3,437
Reaction score
1,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Portugal
The two last chapters have been boring. The Arthur chapter was silly but it was at least entertaining, the fight between Shinra and Ivana however is boring, with a boring backstory.
If anything, I'm not enjoying early on the story, to have a OP MC and it's starting to become a more and more problematic issue here in particular there are other mc's in other series that at least have good side effs and counters to their powers at least early on the story, I'm foreseeing rushness in this manga and I'm not liking this.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
20th chap raws: http://www.mangahen.com/Fire_Brigade_of_Flames/20/
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Raws:http://www.mangahen.com/Fire_Brigade_of_Flames/25/
 

Shinko

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
21
Reaction score
6
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
#2 vol. FBOF [LQ] [Premiere: 15.04.2016]
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I'm caught up to this, I dropped this at first after the first 7 chapters just cause the intro really didn't captivate me but the Akasura arc was pretty good after the 1st Bridage arc and Shinra vs. Rokka. The 3rd Bridage leader is the current events now so I'll see if the story picks up or stays flat
 

Infinity Edge

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
153
Reaction score
94
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I recently caught up to this manga. I'm glad somebody is translating this despite the seemingly low popularity.

The story currently definitely has many mysteries plotted in it, and that's what makes it intriguing. If you're a theorist, you would surely enjoy this manga. Mostly I'm curious why the white hoods are so ruthless and inhuman, to me it seems almost as if they were hypnotized (check on Rekka's behaviour).
It was also pleasing to find out that the Joker character is neutral and also very strong fighter. Although trusting him may prove wrong in the end, I liked that he balanced out the odds between Shinra's squad and the organisation.
Because let's face it, other than Squad 8, nobody in the firefighters is doing anything against this evil organisation. When I found out that the leader of Squad 3 was corrupted that made me very sad and made me think there are way more corrupted firefighters like this. I hope not. I want to see ewhat other firefighter squads are capable of.
So that's it so far I enjoy this manga, because it's not dull and not everything is predictable in it. Also have to give kudos to the artist's style, his measure of detail is really exceptional.

P.s. Did anyone notice that he draws Hibana wayy to much? She appears nearly in every 2-3 new chapters, even though she was supposed to be just a low class villain then converted to ally. I just thought this indicates that this autor must've grown to like her character more than he planned at the beginning.
 
Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's likely that Hibana was always going to be a major character in the series.

If you haven't already, you should check out the author's previous series, Soul Eater. It also had a large cast of characters that were juggled well, including characters like Hibana, who you'd think were bit support characters, but would get plenty of focus and attention as the series went on.

But yes, I am also enjoying the series. It's tightly written and keep a good pace.
 

Infinity Edge

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
153
Reaction score
94
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I don't want to argue with a fellow fan, but I can recall Hibana appearing at least once in roughly every 4 chapters since she got introduced, currently standing at 72 chapters. And I'm completely serious about this statement. No side character in Soul Eater got this much attention.

Not that I don't like her, personally I like her very much, I just thought it's peculiar.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Takehisa finally goes all out. I really liked this fight. Nothing fancy, just a high powered back and forth.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
This series is really getting better the more it goes on, it was slow from the beginning but it's been real fun lately. The current Netherland arc is just all battles so far but I like how everyone is getting their shine, Maki's fight was hella hype, so was the 2nd in command dude vs Arrow. Tamaki's was just fanservice but at least her and Iris were useful and beat Assault. Before I was just following this since I'm a big fan of Soul Eater but the story is starting to grow on it's own. Oh and like y'all said Hibana is suddenly getting screentime like she's a main in the 8th force. Cool with me.

@Demonspeed can you alter the title of this to "Fire Force" since that's the official English title
 
Top