Character - G10 in Middle School | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Continuation from the Spoiler thread.

Theory time: What do you think G10 was doing during MS? We know Byodoin was travelling the world during MS. He was aiming for the world, not the top of one country. We know Mouri was skipping practice because he was that good. What are everyone else's theories?

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well we Know Ochi Made Hyoutei National Level, but I bet his height wasn't enough to make use of Mach or Mental Assassin.
I bet Tohno was very similar to Kirihara as a natural violent talent but was probably stuck in a low level school.
Kijima was part timing as an actor.
Ryuuji probably had yet to develop Nitoryu or was just learning it.
Oni was probably his teams Ace.
Irie was probably also an Ace, but probably was like Fuji and had no motivation for victory, but then never grew out of it.
Duke was in France Killing People With Baseball Tennis.
Shuuji I bet hadn't learned of SSS and probably was pretty mediocre in terms of Specials so he probably was like a Shiraishi of his era.
And Kaji dreamed of being the best but kept having Nightmares of a Mysterious Demon for some reason.
Overall I think most were Renji level with 1 or 2 Tezuka level, but weren't surrounded by as much natural talent and were overall less skilled than our current generation.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Byoudonin, Oni, Tokugawa, and Mouri are the top material for their age. They are invited to the U-17 camp during their 1st year, and are selected to play aboard even. Duke is also the same, although he started off playing for other country before he join the Japan team. The other one doesn't have any confirmation of any sort yet I believe.

A bit to note that it is the generation where Ryoma and Kintarou is the 1st year rather than Mouri is the 3rd year that's call the Golden Age, even if most player in that age remain the same (the current 2nd-3rd year). Also, we knows not all current Rikkai is the regular during their 2nd year, because there is this senpai that Sanada respected that play him a while back (It's also possible that it's just Kirihara replacing him). That much speaks for the talents in comparison at least.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ganonslayer: What do you think Tokugawa was doing?

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
Given his attitude, he was clearly a skilled player and I bet he was one of the best of his Age Group, so he was probably Nationals! Tezuka level when he faced Byoudin, but Byo was just stronger than that.
IMO, The only Players who would've been accepted into the camp during the G10's Middle school years would be Byo, Tokugawa, Oni, Shuuji, possibly Mouri and maybe Irie if they could get his data. And Duke if he was Japanese. I don't think Ochi would because lacking his trademark height, Tohno because he probably wasn't as good as his executions (given PoT tradition, he has to have evolved a consifderable number of times to get 13 moves), Kijima wasn't famous enough to make real good negotiations, Ryuuji likely couldn't use Nitoryu to the point where his partner was like "Ryuuji you got this, Imma take a nap", and I don't know enough about Kaji.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Given the g10 I have created a comparison list of Ryoma Generation Players That I think they'd have been equivalent too. Feel free to discuss as that makes it more fun.
Byoudin= Yukimura
Shuuji= Shiraishi
Duke= Sanada
Irie= Tezuka if Serious, Marui if not
Oni= Tezuka
Ryuuji= Kaido
Kijima= Oshitari Y.
Tohno= Kirihara (Non-Devil)
Ochi= Oshitari Y.
Mouri= Renji
Tokugawa= Sanada

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Given the g10 I have created a comparison list of Ryoma Generation Players That I think they'd have been equivalent too. Feel free to discuss as that makes it more fun.
Byoudin= Yukimura
Shuuji= Shiraishi
Duke= Sanada
Oni= Tezuka
Ryuuji= Kaido
Kijima= Oshitari Y.
Ochi= Oshitari Y.
Mouri= Renji
Tokugawa= Sanada
I'm in agreement to most of these, except I'm not sure how you would consider both Duke and Tokugawa to be similar to Sanada. I would have thought Duke and Gin were more likely similar since they are the powerhouses of their teams. Tokugawa is more Tezuka, personality alone. Both barely smile and were the best of their age, however don't seem to win much in regards to official matches. I mean they both lost to the most important matches at certain stages. Tokugawa lost by default to Byodoin and lost to Volk (and risking his own lifespan). Tezuka lost to Atobe and Sanada by constantly risking his arm.
This said, I don't see how Oni is similar to Tezuka either. It would probbaly make more sense if you swapped Sanada and Tezuka around with the HSers.

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
This was more of a tier ranking in terms of what levels I think they were at, but in terms of roles then yeah Duke is the Gin of his day. And for personalities I just agree with what you said because you are right on the money.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Do you have a thoery in which MS, G10 attended? We know Byodoin's, Ochi's, and Mouri's. Tokugawa was probably still overseas somewhere and Duke was in France. What about the others?

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
There's tons of middle school in Japan, they could be from anywhere really. Maybe even places that aren't in PoT.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Given his attitude, he was clearly a skilled player and I bet he was one of the best of his Age Group, so he was probably Nationals! Tezuka level when he faced Byoudin, but Byo was just stronger than that.
IMO, The only Players who would've been accepted into the camp during the G10's Middle school years would be Byo, Tokugawa, Oni, Shuuji, possibly Mouri and maybe Irie if they could get his data. And Duke if he was Japanese. I don't think Ochi would because lacking his trademark height, Tohno because he probably wasn't as good as his executions (given PoT tradition, he has to have evolved a consifderable number of times to get 13 moves), Kijima wasn't famous enough to make real good negotiations, Ryuuji likely couldn't use Nitoryu to the point where his partner was like "Ryuuji you got this, Imma take a nap", and I don't know enough about Kaji.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Byoudin= Yukimura
Shuuji= Shiraishi
Duke= Sanada
Oni= Tezuka
Ryuuji= Kaido
Kijima= Oshitari Y.
Ochi= Oshitari Y.
Mouri= Renji
Tokugawa= Sanada
Tier ranking I can't say much, but if it's playstyle then it goes pretty much

Byoudin= I can't think of real equivalent here
Shuuji= Uber Yukimura (There is no ball I can't return?)
Duke= UberGin (Baseball tennis)
Irie= I can't think of real equivalent here
Oni= Uber Momoshiro
Ryuuji= Uber Kaidoh in term of stamina, but no real equivalent here
Kimijima= Oshitari Y.
Tohno= Uber Kirihara
Ochi= Uber Ootori
Mouri= Uber Shiraishi
Tokugawa= I can't think of real equivalent here

ybr99

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ochi probably had a good serve, inui super sonic level or higher he was also pretty tall which helps. Seems like ootori playstyle and shinji's attitude.
Tohno was probably limited on his bloodbath by his MS team. Same level as krauser.
Ryuuji could play with both hand but not at the same time. Probably same playstyle as early ryoma but relying more on power and less on special moves. Same level as sanada without lightning or shadow.
Duke was the same as kawamura burning but gin level strength
Kijima was a mizuki kind of player but a little better.
Irie was sanada level and probably only went all out in one game against a rival and won.
Oni was the tezuka of his team, but actually won and relied on power more than spin or speed.

Artsci

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I guess most of the HSers probably participated in the Nationals and did extremely well that's why they got attention from the U17 couches and got invited to the camp. We know Byodoin, Ochi and Mouri were all from schools that always participate in the Nationals. Not sure about Oni as he seems to study in some rural area, but being the ace of his school and probably winning some junior tournaments made himself famous national-wide. I don't think Shuji participated in a lot of tournaments as he hate travelling unless the tournaments are held in his hometown, so far we only know he is from somewhere in the Kensai region.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Its odd how Byodoin came from a nobody school yet he and Oni were the best in their 1st year at the camp.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
That just to shows the the player is not strong because the school is but player is strong just because the player is. It's the same for Tachibana and Chitose, once they drop out, their school becomes nothing. Rikkai is just known as champion team for winning 2 years championship, which is the year that the 3 demons started to enroll. At the same time, that shows that the year before that Rikkai did NOT win because otherwise it'll be 3 years championship and not 2.

ybr99

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Rikkai probably did make nationals and did ok but lost. I'm sure that they always were a solid team.

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess most of the HSers probably participated in the Nationals and did extremely well that's why they got attention from the U17 couches and got invited to the camp. We know Byodoin, Ochi and Mouri were all from schools that always participate in the Nationals. Not sure about Oni as he seems to study in some rural area, but being the ace of his school and probably winning some junior tournaments made himself famous national-wide. I don't think Shuji participated in a lot of tournaments as he hate travelling unless the tournaments are held in his hometown, so far we only know he is from somewhere in the Kensai region.
People like High School Sasabe and stuff got into the camp while being a complete joke, it doesn't seem like you had to be amazingly talented to get in as a highschool, not that I think any of the G10 are jokes, just don't think they were all on nationally ranked teams.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sasabe thought he was too good at tennis to practice in MS, so instead he chose to paint his nails and bleach his hair.