TV - Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption) | Page 157 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
His word as a knight matters to him now. Jaime's aspirations as a knight only started mattering to him after he met Brienne (and in the books, after he became Lord Commander of the Kingsguard). Cersei was going to have Gregor kill Jaime and she sent Bronn after him as well. It would appear now that Jaime never did fall out of love with Cersei. In the books Jaime always insisted that they entered the world together and that they'd leave it together too. Book Jaime's development isn't so back and forth, and how he ends up going back to Cersei would be more interesting (or maybe even more disappointing, who knows).
Well remember, in the books, Jaime and Cersei were distance well before Tyrion's trial, and since in the show Jaime and Tyrion don't have a falling out, Jaime never learns that Cersei had been sleeping around with a bunch of other men. That was a huge factor in why Jaime began to grow apart from Cersei. Without that triggering factor, I can understand why Jaime hasn't developed like he did in the book.

I remember there was all of these theories about Qyburn asking Bronn to kill her brothers and that meaning some sort of secret plot by him. I had forgotten that there were rumors that Lena Heady and Jerome Flynn refusing to interact with each other. They used to be a couple. It was just rumors prior to this, but I think Qyburn being the go-between and us not hearing anything from Cersei on the topic pretty much confirms that this was the case.
Yeah, between Cersei not even referencing it and her act of allowing him to walk away, it does seem like Qyburn was acting on his own.

It was fanservice. Arya needing to see it despite murdering dozens of people already? Idk, I honestly don't think Arya even needed to be involved. The on-the-ground scenes involving the impact it had on peasants... it should have been scenes with Davos not Arya. Davos is from Fleabottom, him being there would have made more sense to me. Him helping out the poor instead of Arya only being there because of Cersei, which she didn't even see through anyways... was pretty dumb.
I agree it was fanservice, which is why if we had to have it, I would have wanted it to serve a purpose at least developing another character. I picked Arya because her whole storyline is about seeking revenge, and since the writers seemingly wanted her to change this episode. Cause as mentioned, her changing because of this war doesn't make much sense after she already fought through a just as major war. I definitely agree that if they needed someone to have the audience witness the carnage through, it should have been Davos.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Well remember, in the books, Jaime and Cersei were distance well before Tyrion's trial, and since in the show Jaime and Tyrion don't have a falling out, Jaime never learns that Cersei had been sleeping around with a bunch of other men. That was a huge factor in why Jaime began to grow apart from Cersei. Without that triggering factor, I can understand why Jaime hasn't developed like he did in the book.
Don't remind me. I forgot whether it was confirmed Jaime knew about at least Lancel, since that's the only cheating Cersei did in the show. It annoys me how much they whitewashed her. That and because Tyrion never spills the beans to Jaime, Tyrion never learns Tysha wasn't a prostitute either, removing the entire reason Tyrion is actually driven to kill Tywin in the first place. It had almost nothing to do with fucking Shae in actuality, he strangled her just because she happened to be there. :lmao

Yeah, between Cersei not even referencing it and her act of allowing him to walk away, it does seem like Qyburn was acting on his own.
Errr, well my point is that I don't think this is the case. At least, it's not clear in either direction. But it does lead credence to the idea that Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn refuse to have scenes together, and they didn't bother to show or cut the scene that had Cersei ordering Qyburn to make Bronn the offer. So it's an awkward scene because of it. Which ultimately doesn't seem to have any effect on the story whatsoever so you sort of wonder why it even existed in the first place.

I agree it was fanservice, which is why if we had to have it, I would have wanted it to serve a purpose at least developing another character. I picked Arya because her whole storyline is about seeking revenge, and since the writers seemingly wanted her to change this episode. Cause as mentioned, her changing because of this war doesn't make much sense after she already fought through a just as major war. I definitely agree that if they needed someone to have the audience witness the carnage through, it should have been Davos.
I'm not sure I see Arya as being evolved enough to just drop revenge entirely. Her being there must mean she's going to seek revenge on Dany... or maybe attempt to. Remember, we're talking about someone who basically murdered an entire family and fed them to their father. :lmao I don't see her dropping revenge/violence just because her buddy basically killed himself in pursuit of it.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Incest is normal for Targaryens, but among anyone else in Westeros it isn't looked upon with much favor (except in the case of cousins). Jon wasn't raised as a Targaryen though. So his mentality isn't Targaryen either. He might have had several kinds of reservations. He just found out that his entire childhood was a lie, and was treated with the stigma of bastardy his entire life when he wasn't a bastard in the first place. It's a reasonable reaction too, especially given the kind of state Dany has been in as well.

For whatever reason I thought the ringing of the bells is what caused her to snap, it as the title of the show after all. Why that is I'm still not sure about.
Didn't Jon try to kiss Dany the previous episode and got rejected by her because she knew of his real heritage?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Didn't Jon try to kiss Dany the previous episode and got rejected by her because she knew of his real heritage?
Because she felt threatened by it and didn't know if she could trust him.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Did that even happen though? I probably blocked it out :lmao

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yeah it did, but after this episode, I"m confused as to who rejected whom now. Seems like it was Dany.

But if you don't know if it happened, then why answer like a statement? :|

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah it did, but after this episode, I"m confused as to who rejected whom now. Seems like it was Dany.

But if you don't know if it happened, then why answer like a statement? :|
Because I wasn't sure which episode/circumstance.

I think this is a pretty good breakdown of a lot of the show's narrative problems. I can imagine D&D thinking one secret Targaryen was enough for the plot, but even with Jon there, it still removes a lot of the story's purpose and jumbles Dany's motivations. Young Griff getting cut means Dorne and Doran Martell serve no purpose so they can justify to themselves that they could be killed off and no one would care. Young Griff conquering a a large portion of Westeros or maybe even KL with the help of the Golden Company and many tradition Targaryen-loyalist Houses before Dany even arrives in Westeros also sets up waaaay more interesting a narrative if she has to choose between dealing with that or helping Jon up North. "The Dragon has Three Heads" has been repeated over and over in this story for a reason. If you remove one of them from the story entirely, it's bound to have a profound impact.

g01

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Never. Underestimate. Cersei.

WATER AND BLOOD!!!!

SleipnirX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Because I wasn't sure which episode/circumstance.

I think this is a pretty good breakdown of a lot of the show's narrative problems. I can imagine D&D thinking one secret Targaryen was enough for the plot, but even with Jon there, it still removes a lot of the story's purpose and jumbles Dany's motivations. Young Griff getting cut means Dorne and Doran Martell serve no purpose so they can justify to themselves that they could be killed off and no one would care. Young Griff conquering a a large portion of Westeros or maybe even KL with the help of the Golden Company and many tradition Targaryen-loyalist Houses before Dany even arrives in Westeros also sets up waaaay more interesting a narrative if she has to choose between dealing with that or helping Jon up North. "The Dragon has Three Heads" has been repeated over and over in this story for a reason. If you remove one of them from the story entirely, it's bound to have a profound impact.
If the show has achieved one thing, it’s making me anticipate the books even more... here’s hoping GRRM might announce a publication date in the wake of the final episode. I’m pretty happy for him to take his time now though, after seeing what happens when you rush a conclusion!

Reactions: xi0

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Poor Dany, it's just misunderstood:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
If these Spoilers are correct then everything is trash

Jon, Davos and Tyrion are walking through the aftermath of Kings Landing. Tyrion walks through what’s left of the castle and sees Jaime’s hand so he starts to uncover the rubble and he confirms both Cersei and Jaime are dead. They find Grey Worm and his men they have Lannister Soldiers trapped and they’re about to kill them. Jon tries to tells Grey Worm to stop. Grey Worm tells Jon that it’s the Queen’s orders. Then they cut to Dany giving a speech pretty much saying how she freed the people from Kings Landing, and the new goal is freeing the rest of the world. Dany turns to Tyrion and tells him he committed treason. Tyrion tells her that she killed thousands of innocent people, and he takes off the hands pin and throws it. Dany sends him to prison.

Jon goes to see her, and she is sitting on the Iron Throne alone, and Jon tells her that she needs to stop being a crazy bitch and that Grey Worm killed the Lannisters army from the previous scene. Dany tells Jon that she’s doing it for the people. Jon pretends to understand and tricks her. When her guard is down, he stabs her. Drogon comes and is standing over her body, and he burns or melts the Iron throne and carries her away.

Grey Worm has Tyrion and Jon as his prisoners. The *council is (led by Sansa) tells Grey Worm to release Jon back to them, but he refuses. That’s when Tyrion says that the new King or Queen should decide what happens to Jon. Sam suggest for a democratic vote for the new King. Tyrion calls that idea stupid. The council votes and decide Bran Should be the King. Bran picks Tyrion as his hand.

Tyrion tells Jon that his punishment is going back to the wall and join the Knights Watch. Grey Worm accepts Jons punishment. He doesn’t bend the knee leaves with his troops and Dothraki on ships to go free Slave cities. They show Tyrion leading the council. Jon says goodbye to Sansa and Arya. Arya tells them she isn’t going back home. She’s going to explore whatever is west of Westeros because that’s where no one has been.

The final scene is a closing montage. You see Arya on a ship, Sansa ruling Winterfell and Jon doesn’t stay at the wall he reunites with Tormund and Ghost.

Council Members: Samwell Tarly the Grand Maester, Davos Seaworth Master of ships, Bronn Master of Coin and High Garden, Brienne (not sure) Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, Yara Greyjoy Lord of Iron Islands, Robin Arryn Lord of Kingdom of the Mountain and the Vale, Gendry Baratheon Lord of Storm’s End, Yohn Royce Lord of Runestone, Hound doesn’t get mentioned., Podrick is wheeling around Bran and he protects him.

Ellaria Sand doesn’t get mentioned (i asked because she’s alive). Sam mentions that they seen Drogon in some location but aren’t sure. Bran just says, “ill look for him” They don’t have a Master of Laws and Whisperers. Tyrion is looking for the right people to fill those spots. They don’t clarify what Bran did when he was in warg during The Long Night. Did I forget to mention the most important detail about this entire episode? our good boy gets a pat from Jon.

Such a good show getting ruined.

Edited the link and directly put the Spoilers.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
If these Spoilers are correct then everything is trash

Such a good show getting ruined.
The screenshot is deleted... so are the mirrors in the comments too.
I think I saw them some time ago though, and since the spoilers I saw for episode 5/6 were half right, it looks like they were legit too. Doesn't have all of the details for every plot thread... but I've been keeping it to myself about how anxious these spoilers have made me for much of this season. I held back a bit since things can be different on screen than they are on paper, but it's really only gotten worse and worse since episode 3 and that doesn't seem to be changing for the finale either.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
The screenshot is deleted... so are the mirrors in the comments too.
I think I saw them some time ago though, and since the spoilers I saw for episode 5/6 were half right, it looks like they were legit too. Doesn't have all of the details for every plot thread... but I've been keeping it to myself about how anxious these spoilers have made me for much of this season. I held back a bit since things can be different on screen than they are on paper, but it's really only gotten worse and worse since episode 3 and that doesn't seem to be changing for the finale either.
I edited and put the spoilers directly.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Well, honestly... even with spoiler tags I'd like to avoid discussing it too much until after it airs on Sunday. That's what I've read before though ,yeah. A lot of nonsense on top of nonsense.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Btw a prequel series of the Night King was announced

It wasn't probably posted here

It's not about the Night King, it's about The Long Night. I'd find it hilarious if GRRM retcon's the main show since it's pretty obvious he never liked the Night King being in the show.

The Long Night exists in histories all over the world, so it was a worldwide phenomenon. It doesn't seem likely that a single figure like the show's Night King would be responsible for all of that.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
It's not about the Night King, it's about The Long Night. I'd find it hilarious if GRRM retcon's the main show since it's pretty obvious he never liked the Night King being in the show.

The Long Night exists in histories all over the world, so it was a worldwide phenomenon. It doesn't seem likely that a single figure like the show's Night King would be responsible for all of that.
But he should play a major role here,at least from what I heard especially if he is connected to Bran like some theories say.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
But he should play a major role here,at least from what I heard especially if he is connected to Bran like some theories say.
Night King is a show invention. As far as we know he isn't related to the 13th Commander of the Night's Watch that was called The Night's King who ruled for 13 years at the Nightfort. The Others or White Walkers existed before he did, and he wasn't "created" by the Children of the Forest like what was depicted in the show. Maybe there were leaders before him, but that's just guessing. Martin is writing this pilot script, and he's on the record as not liking what D&D did with the Night King on the show. So the chances of them including the same Night King isn't very high IMO.

If you take a worldwide view of The Long Night, there's many many different things blamed for it happening, and White Walkers are only explicitly mentioned in Westeros. But we know the existence of protective structures similar to The Wall in Essos, like the Five Forts. All of this is contingent on the setting though, I suppose. It'll probably be in Westeros, I guess.

I don't think the theory that Bran is the NK has much of a basis, unless something shocking happens in the finale. Bran however does have a window into everything that has ever happened, and since there are many Brandon Starks in the Stark family tree, responsible for many crazy things (Brandon the Builder(s), Bran the Breaker, Bran the Burner), and since Bran appears to be capable of effecting the past in some way (His father hearing him at the Tower of Joy, the Hodor revelation). There's more to that idea than there is to Bran = NK.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Night King is a show invention. As far as we know he isn't related to the 13th Commander of the Night's Watch that was called The Night's King who ruled for 13 years at the Nightfort. The Others or White Walkers existed before he did, and he wasn't "created" by the Children of the Forest like what was depicted in the show. Maybe there were leaders before him, but that's just guessing. Martin is writing this pilot script, and he's on the record as not liking what D&D did with the Night King on the show. So the chances of them including the same Night King isn't very high IMO.

If you take a worldwide view of The Long Night, there's many many different things blamed for it happening, and White Walkers are only explicitly mentioned in Westeros. But we know the existence of protective structures similar to The Wall in Essos, like the Five Forts. All of this is contingent on the setting though, I suppose. It'll probably be in Westeros, I guess.

I don't think the theory that Bran is the NK has much of a basis, unless something shocking happens in the finale. Bran however does have a window into everything that has ever happened, and since there are many Brandon Starks in the Stark family tree, responsible for many crazy things (Brandon the Builder(s), Bran the Breaker, Bran the Burner), and since Bran appears to be capable of effecting the past in some way (His father hearing him at the Tower of Joy, the Hodor revelation). There's more to that idea than there is to Bran = NK.
Whatever might be the plot,I hope the prequel will be good, even if it is half good as the early GOT it will be awesome.

Btw should we use this thread for the prequel or a new one?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Whatever might be the plot,I hope the prequel will be good, even if it is half good as the early GOT it will be awesome.

Btw should we use this thread for the prequel or a new one?
It has potential, simply because GRRM is involved. Can't really know for sure though unless the pilot gets picked up and we get a series.

Probably a new one. It's not a continuation of the show, so I don't think it'll fit.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Errr, well my point is that I don't think this is the case. At least, it's not clear in either direction. But it does lead credence to the idea that Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn refuse to have scenes together, and they didn't bother to show or cut the scene that had Cersei ordering Qyburn to make Bronn the offer. So it's an awkward scene because of it. Which ultimately doesn't seem to have any effect on the story whatsoever so you sort of wonder why it even existed in the first place.
Ah, I see. I would think it was the case simply because subtlety has long been thrown out of the window, but I suppose it could have been ambiguous on purpose. It does make me wonder if there are such issues, why even have Bronn still on the show when he has no purpose anymore, and said scenes involving him literally added nothing to this season.

I'm not sure I see Arya as being evolved enough to just drop revenge entirely. Her being there must mean she's going to seek revenge on Dany... or maybe attempt to. Remember, we're talking about someone who basically murdered an entire family and fed them to their father. :lmao I don't see her dropping revenge/violence just because her buddy basically killed himself in pursuit of it.
Cersei was the only person left for her to take revenge on, and she literally turnt her back on doing so. Killing or attempting to kill Dany at this point really wouldn't be revenge, at least not in the same sense as her targeting Cersei was, since Dany being "insane" justifies any action taken against her and makes it no longer a personal issue. I would also say there's the morality of the issue, but it doesn't seem like morals play any part in anyone actions anymore.