Fantasy - Gray Fullbuster vs Wahl Icht | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Ice devil slayer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Gray fullbuster
Devil slayer magic
Ice make magi

Whal icht
Canon
Weakness
Super long distance anti material

Hype is allowed for gray
Who wins ?

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Wahl high diff.

I just don't think that Gray can defeat a Spriggan on his own. He probably will be a hard opponent for Wahl, but still not strong enough.

Gray can freeze Wahl's cannons and missiles or whatever he fires at him, but he won't defeat his own weakness. Wahl can create thousands of robots to overwhelm Gray with his weakness which is fire. Ice won't have any effect if there is fire surrounding him, all of it will burn away once he cast it. Gray won't give up fast, but I think that it's still really hard to defeat someone like Wahl.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Wahl high diff.

I just don't think that Gray can defeat a Spriggan on his own. He probably will be a hard opponent for Wahl, but still not strong enough.

Gray can freeze Wahl's cannons and missiles or whatever he fires at him, but he won't defeat his own weakness. Wahl can create thousands of robots to overwhelm Gray with his weakness which is fire. Ice won't have any effect if there is fire surrounding him, all of it will burn away once he cast it. Gray won't give up fast, but I think that it's still really hard to defeat someone like Wahl.
Gray can just freeze his fire no ?

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Well it's too early and we've not seen enough from either side to actually debate on this. For now, we know wahl shoot rockets or missiles, such projectiles can potentially be frozen by gray. Still, wahl is a spriggan and it seems he considers himself superior to Ajeel. I'd give this to him simply because the spriggans are pretty much monsters. Gray and co were shocked at brandish's magic level and we saw the same from kagura and the others when dimaria showed up. Wahl is probably beyond gray for now at least

Last edited:

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Well it's too early and we've not seen enough from either side to actually debate on this. For now, we know wahl shoot rockets or missiles, such projectiles can potentially be frozen by gray. Still, wahl is a spriggan and it seems he considers himself superior to Ajeel. I'd give this to him simply because the spriggans are pretty much monsters. Gray and co were shocked at brandish's magic level and we saw the same fro kagura and the others when dimaria showed up. Wahl is probably beyond gray for now at least
But do you think gray can give him a hard time ?

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
But do you think gray can give him a hard time ?
Perhaps a little but not too much. It wouldn't really be an easy battle for wahl but it wouldn't be a difficult one either.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Perhaps a little but not too much. It wouldn't really be an easy battle for wahl but it wouldn't be a difficult one either.
Then for you whal would wins low/mid diff ?

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Yes pretty much though this is going on the hype for the spriggan. There's not much else to use here
Yes whal as lot of hype i agree with you but i wouldn't be surprised if gray give him a hard time

Vasgoko

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Wahl high diff.

Well that's just like saying Natsu can't beat Wahl cuz water is his weakness. Fire won't have any effect if there is water surrounding him so all of Natsu's fire will wash out when he casts any fire.

My opinion is Gray easy diff this cuz of the hype. His secret technique can most likely oneshot or come close to doing it on Wahl...

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Well that's just like saying Natsu can't beat Wahl cuz water is his weakness. Fire won't have any effect if there is water surrounding him so all of Natsu's fire will wash out when he casts any fire.

My opinion is Gray easy diff this cuz of the hype. His secret technique can most likely oneshot or come close to doing it on Wahl...
I don't think he will use his secret power on whal most likely against end and zeref

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hype is hype. Wahl's hype is that of a Spriggan 12, one that can potentially go up against Laxus. That's not really inferior to Gray's hype if you ask me. As it stands, Wahl has a 400km cannon and various weakbots he can tag on Gray. The bots themselves probably aren't very strong, and even against his weakness I don't see the bots being enough to take town Gray. That being said, Gray's best feat right now is Ice-Make: Silver, and Wahl's cannon beats it in terms of AoE. I'm not really going to get too deep into this because it's far too early to tell, however if you support Gray winning here then you might as well support Laxus winning in the Laxus vs Wahl thread.

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Gray easy diff Wahl? That sounds ridiculous. The spriggan are obviously enemies that don't get defeated that easily. The only way that'd be possible is if Acnologia was the enemy or maybe END but certainly not gray.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think to an extent in this fight, Gray is just going to end up as a rock in the middle of the road to Wahl. I just don't think Gray can solo a Spriggan, the only people I can picture soloing a Spriggan would have to be people on Laxus' level.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This one goes to Wahl Icht fairly easily for me.
We've seen that he considers himself stronger than Ajeel who gave Erza absolute hell in their fight, so to stand a chance against him you'd have to be very strong, and I don't think Gray is at that level to trouble Wahl that much. Gray's DeS wouldn't change much as he won't be as proficient with it as what Silver was due to him only having a year without any real guide to get better with the magic, so he hasn't really got that to rely on either. And Wahl's 400km canon was insanely powerful to just travel that distance, and Wahl did that casually. Gray would have to have something insane up his sleeve to even trouble Wahl imo.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
This is a guess to who wins because we've not seen these guys fight seriously so feats are lacking. So I am just going to use Erza's capabilities as Gray level, and Ajeel for Wahl.

So Wahl wins low to mid difficulty.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
It is too early to say how strong gray is.If we take gray VS Ajeel fight as basis of comparison then gray is not on the level of soloing a Spriggan.But He will not go down easily.gray was afraid of Brandish.marin and probably Brandish respects Wahl.Wahl is a High Tier Spriggan.So he will win mid diff.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France

I'm a gray fanboy and i love him but no way gray easy diff wahl lol

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
This fight seems mostly one-sided in the way that one does have power but the other is on another level, Wahl probably easy-medium difficulty.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
We haven't seen everything that either side can do, but really Wahl considers himself a greater mage than Ajeel, so at this stage I'd give that to him, and from that Wahl would take this easy diff, perhaps mid unless we see some miraculous power-up from Gray that manages to trump Wahl who hasn't really gone all out either.