Shounen - Haikyuu!! by FURUDATE Haruichi | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Haikyuu!! by FURUDATE Haruichi

lynxian

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
A producer from Fuji TV said a vollyeball manga is getting an anime adaptation. What do you suppose the odds are it's Haikyuu!! that's getting an anime? (Source:Animenewsnetwork)
Honestly, I think the odds are very slim. While Haikyuu may be popular, it's still a new series (not even 50 chapters yet). Many of the Japanese forums I poked through recently believe that the volleyball manga in question is Shoujo Fight.

Zeromcd

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Honestly, I think the odds are very slim. While Haikyuu may be popular, it's still a new series (not even 50 chapters yet). Many of the Japanese forums I poked through recently believe that the volleyball manga in question is Shoujo Fight.
I don't think it will be Shoujo Fight. The producer replied to someone on twitter who was asking if the anime would attract the interest of more young boys into playing volleyball, and the director hinted that it most likely will.

Considering Shoujo Fight is a seinen manga about girls volleyball, I highly doubt it is the one that will get the anime if they are going to try get young boys interested. Not to mention that this week, Haikyuu!! just had lots of merchandise released Jump Shop, will be appearing on Sakiyomi Jump Bang, and will have posters advertising the series in Ikebukuro station & Shinjuku station which make me thing that the anime will be Haikyuu!!

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So what are your guesses, do you think Oikawa will secure the win? Pretty good chap, Kageyama really improved thanks to Sugawara~ I think they will somehow manage to beat Oikawa this time, teaching him a serious lesson :plot

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Yeah I'm starting to think Karasuno will win as well especially if they manage to draw out the full potential of all the players, as it appear Furudate is trying to do.

lynxian

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Karasuno will win this set and then it will all come down to which team is least exhausted in the 3rd set.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
It's doubtful that Karasuno loose this early in the tournament so they will win this set and the next one. That's my bet at least.
I wonder how they will defeat Oikawa serve this time. Anyway Kageyama attempt to look nice these last chapters and the reactions of the others to them were really hilarious.

roxaz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
yah, same as you i doubt that karasu will lose this early
you remember the boy that always with Kei Tsukishima
before the tournament he ask the neighbor volley club? the shopkeeper, to train him his serve
even he didn't have a chance to show off if karasu lose here :cheez

Drago

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India

Tauros

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Chapter 63 Raw

More Pics Click ---> Here

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The art made me jizzy. Awesome chapters. I really have no clue who'll win.

Tauros

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Chapter 64 Raw

More Pics ---> Here

---------- Post added June 14, 2013 at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was June 07, 2013 at 08:05 AM ----------

Chapter 65 Raw

More Pics ---> Here

---------- Post added June 21, 2013 at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was June 14, 2013 at 04:53 AM ----------

Chapter 66 Raw Spoiler

More Pics Click ---> Here

missingsin

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I haven't seen the Ch 67 raws but the forum discussion at Baidu puts the score The raws came out :super

Colorpage

and....
this is such an amazing chapter, for once I wasn't hurrying up to see the score. Kageyama and Oikawa facing off, seriously it's become the battle royale I expected it to be. I just didn't realize there would be so many twists and turns and that I'd end up not hating Oikawa.

...and that the match hasn't ended yet :^_^

Last edited:

missingsin

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
CH 68 raws

Got this from lynxian
Oikawa: "—Tobio, with your rapid development, you might just win against me."

"—But not today."

:scry:scry:scry

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Karasuno lost. It was an awesome game and I liked it how oikawa was observing everything concluding it won't be for today.

Anyway with this there are two possibilities: they truly lost and they will have to start from scratch or a fault has been made and the winning point is not validated. A block can have a very common mistake (a block touching the net) being judged as a fault

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Though it pains me to say I told you so...
Anybody else get the feeling they are going to lose to Aobajousai? I kinda feel like Furudate may have the senior lose their last tournament then have the team return triumphantly in the Spring tournament. Probably not, but it seems like a shame to have the Grand King lost as a villain before chapter 60. Though he is a third-year correct? That may destroy my theory right there lol
It still hurt to see them lose. I've never read a sports series where they made it as far as the third round of the "main tournament" and lost. Either at the end or beginning. Furudate is keeping entertained for sure.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Karasuno lost. It was an awesome game and I liked it how oikawa was observing everything concluding it won't be for today.

Anyway with this there are two possibilities: they truly lost and they will have to start from scratch or a fault has been made and the winning point is not validated. A block can have a very common mistake (a block touching the net) being judged as a fault
Seeing the page of the block again I didn't see any touch in the net or anything. Also, the final whistle has been given and the point was added, so I guess there isn't doubt. They really lost this match, the final of the match was announced in the final page, too.

This ending was very epic, in the sports we have victory and defeat, they aren't invincible and have a lot to grow up, anyway. With this they have two huge rivals, Aoubajousai and Nekoma. Next match with each other will be much more epic.

I didn't read chapter 69 yet, so if anything happened that tears apart my feeling, ignore me for now and wait my anger later. XD