For all ongoing Haki discussion, please post here.
I mean we going to face Yonko Crew again, so to think he doesn't have experience lvl of COA at this point wouldn't make sense given he hurted and beaten those who have Hardening on their side. Plus cases are more due to his color scheme given 'Black Leg' and wears black suit after all and combine that with flames, it make sense how it's a bit harder to see it on him, but doesn't mean he is unable to do it.He probably does have it, but we've not seen him use it in a fight; simply because he hasn't had enough opportunities to showcase it. Now reading back your posts I can see the debate and to be fair, I didn't initially think that particular scene of him block Kanjuro rain ink was hardening but a lot of people have pointed to it, which is fair enough. That particular instance remains inconclusive and I loathe instances where I have to zoom in to confirm something lol.
We'll get confirmation in the coming chapters; it would be really weird at this point if he couldn't use it, especially with the calibre of opponents.
That's not what is being questioned, so you're debating that point with yourself.I mean we going to face Yonko Crew again, so to think he doesn't have experience lvl of COA at this point wouldn't make sense given he hurted and beaten those who have Hardening on their side. Plus cases are more due to his color scheme given 'Black Leg' and wears black suit after all and combine that with flames, it make sense how it's a bit harder to see it on him, but doesn't mean he is unable to do it.
There are plenty of instances where it would have been useful. He fought doflamingo and vergo and did not evidence it at all... Now, it's a pretty safe bet that he will eventually have it and its even plausible that by now he has acquired the skill but as of now he shouldn't be considered a hardening user. Simply because evidence and manga events do not support it. And when he does show it we shouldn't just assume he had it all along.He probably does have it, but we've not seen him use it in a fight; simply because he hasn't had enough opportunities to showcase it. Now reading back your posts I can see the debate and to be fair, I didn't initially think that particular scene of him block Kanjuro rain ink was hardening but a lot of people have pointed to it, which is fair enough. That particular instance remains inconclusive and I loathe instances where I have to zoom in to confirm something lol.
We'll get confirmation in the coming chapters; it would be really weird at this point if he couldn't use it, especially with the calibre of opponents.
Just stating in progress level he should have it. Though alright then.That's not what is being questioned, so you're debating that point with yourself.
As for the latter, I'd actually be curious to know if there's any instances of dark clothed characters using hardening and how that looks. I couldn't think of an example off the top of my head.
I got curious myself and looked through Katakuri's fight since he would be the most notable example.As for the latter, I'd actually be curious to know if there's any instances of dark clothed characters using hardening and how that looks. I couldn't think of an example off the top of my head
All those examples are clothing or limbs that are shown as light in the manga or with no shading. Whereas Sanji usually wears dark clothes; that's why I was curious.When vergo used hardening his clothes usually turned black.
One Piece 680 - Read One Piece 680Online - Page 16
One Piece 680 - Read One Piece 680 Manga Scans Page 16. Free and No Registration required for One Piece 680www.mangareader.net
One Piece 683 - Read One Piece 683Online - Page 18
One Piece 683 - Read One Piece 683 Manga Scans Page 18. Free and No Registration required for One Piece 683www.mangareader.net
Also worth noting, look at how oda has colored luffy's arm before (though that scan is kinda terrible):
One Piece 605 - Read One Piece 605Online - Page 11
One Piece 605 - Read One Piece 605 Manga Scans Page 11. Free and No Registration required for One Piece 605www.mangareader.net
If oda wanted to show sanji using hardening there are plenty of ways for him to show it without it being invisible to us readers.
True, though I'd maintain my point that if oda wanted to specifically show sanji doing this he could. He could, for instance, draw it like he did luffy's arm back in the day. Going by how the manga colors hardening it looks like you gave your limbs or swords a black chrome finish...All those examples are clothing or limbs that are shown as light in the manga or with no shading. Whereas Sanji usually wears dark clothes; that's why I was curious.
He did, but again color scheme of his clothing and such. You can agree to disagree all you want, but no way one could go far if they have Basic lvl and it's not that type of shading your pushing on as it shows Sanji does have Hardening already.True, though I'd maintain my point that if oda wanted to specifically show sanji doing this he could. He could, for instance, draw it like he did luffy's arm back in the day. Going by how the manga colors hardening it looks like you gave your limbs or swords a black chrome finish...
Sanji merely used haki at that point, nothing specific points towards hardening. And as I said, it'd be extremely easy for oda to show hardened haki over black pants if he wanted to. The argument that haki's is camouflaged when sanji uses it is nonsense.Judge confirmed that Sanji used hardening, despite it being not visible on his black pants.
It doesn't help that the series is inconsistent in regard of whether Haki affects clothing or not.
Also it's worth noting that the author said CoO is Sanji's speciality, so he probably doesn't use hardening as often as Luffy or Zoro.
No... By all appearances that's just regular old invisible haki. No visual indication whatsoever of hardening.According to Judge, Sanji used Haki to block his spear. Doesn't that means it's hardening?
Isn't Hardening specifically what is used to protect your own body?No... By all appearances that's just regular old invisible haki. No visual indication whatsoever of hardening.
Both versions of haki provide protection. Hardening is simply better.Isn't Hardening specifically what is used to protect your own body?
That's not a good argument since Oda can just choose to be ambiguous on that if he wants to or even forget about that.Sanji merely used haki at that point, nothing specific points towards hardening. And as I said, it'd be extremely easy for oda to show hardened haki over black pants if he wanted to. The argument that haki's is camouflaged when sanji uses it is nonsense.
Even if that were the case... ambiguity shouldn't play to sanji's favor. As in, if we don't see oda specifically drawing hardened haki... why assume sanji has it? The way I see it, either we see a specific visual representation of sanji using this type of haki (same as with everyone else) or he isn't using it.That's not a good argument since Oda can just choose to be ambiguous on that if he wants to or even forget about that.