Archived Hangout Thread v. 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
XD
i imagin you comming to your dad
"daddy...sorry...,but i just got an E...:("
"WHAT?don't be sad boy!E means Excellent!!:thumbs
it's not as good as F "fantastic" or U "uberawesome",but it's excellent never the less!!:D"
 
  • Like
Reactions: nat

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
what's a U? I wasn't in one of those schools who graded using letters. we used numbers, 1.0 being highest, and 5.0 as the fail. 3.0 would be the passing, and 4.0 is conditional.

@imp,

what's okai? :p
Okai = Okay :smile-big

And a U is like a 5.0 i suppose. Our grading system is like this (slightly changes)
A* (We dont have this grade on my course)
A
B
C
D
E (Anbu doesnt have this grade on his course)
U
Everything is a pass except a U. But to get into college (kinda like highschool but its not compulsory) you need to get 5 C's or above (usually...depends on the college in question and other reasons like attendance etc). And once in college you need grades depending on the course you'll be doing at uni (and what uni you're going too etc etc) but its usually in the A-C bracket again.
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I tried it on him and it didn't work

Yh 5 A-Cs to get into a good collegue. Which is kind of easy isn't it imperium

imperium i looked at your sig, and it made me think about the new star wars game
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
^ This is an epic "recycled" (babo-:notrust) sig...didnt know there was a star wars game coming out though lol :p

I tried it on him and it didn't work

Yh 5 A-Cs to get into a good collegue. Which is kind of easy isn't it imperium

imperium i looked at your sig, and it made me think about the new star wars game
Incredibly easy lol, i got 11. They dont require ridiculous amounts of work, i think i was Marathoning the naruto anime before i done my math one. xD Went into the exam wondering whether naruto will will be able to defeat sasuke. ._. But still if you dont try you wont get the 5, half my friends didnt get enough because they were messing about in the exams -_-;. In fact my school had a 5 GCSE pass rate of 25% that year. xDDD
 
Last edited:

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Unlike a 'freak', I have a very healthy offline social life but thank you >.>

The difference here is that I prefer reading a broad variety of manga through all genre and target audiences and not spend several days doing in-depth discussion on a soon-to-be-forgotton detail of a single series.

While the guys over at the Naruto section still discuss on the genetic factors of the Sharingan, I have already read a whole manga on a genetic mutation running wild <.<

As for a topic we can discuss here, how about your daily schedule? Are you a student? Or working already? How's your generic day looking and what will you have for lunch/dinner today? >.>
I'm not sure if I'm reading into this the wrong way or not, but are you saying that your way is right and that those who stick to one manga and comb through it with a fine tooth comb are wrong?

Either way, I'd rather stick to something I like and explore every depth of it than to spread myself thin over many mangas that aren't up to par. I'm the same with video games...when I was a little kid I would get any game I could get my hands on because I didn't know any better. If it was a video game, it was worthy of my time. As my tastes developed, if the game sucks, I wouldn't even bother to rent it. Now I'm down to like 2, maybe 3 games purchased a year. Quality over quantity any day. Then again, I'm not a manga reader...I just so happened to fall into naruto. In the end though, I'll remember all the good times I had with naruto the manga rather trying to remember the name of that one manga I read from many.
 
Last edited:

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
new version already?
No wonder I wasn't getting notified in my subscription list >>>

:)
hello people :luv

As for the manga types, I'm very selective as well. usually ranging to seinen and some good shounen and shoujo...When I start with any manga and see it has the usual cliche' stereotypes or random fanservice (like panty shots the first chapter) I shut down the window and look for another decent one.

Though sometimes we discuss because of boredom, not for the extreme love of any chapter or character. I remember when I'm at work or univ and want to pass the time, discussions become more fun and engaging.

When I have free time, it's not as fun to post.
 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
hello naaat!:bye

how are you?
and why are you suddenly from antarctica?:XD
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
^ This is an epic "recycled" (babo-:notrust) sig...didnt know there was a star wars game coming out though lol :p

Incredibly easy lol, i got 11. They dont require ridiculous amounts of work, i think i was Marathoning the naruto anime before i done my math one. xD Went into the exam wondering whether naruto will will be able to defeat sasuke. ._. But still if you dont try you wont get the 5, half my friends didnt get enough because they were messing about in the exams -_-;. In fact my school had a 5 GCSE pass rate of 25% that year. xDDD
Nah imperium the worst one is when you have a catchy theme tune and all you can think about is that
all you thinking is
pokemon, gotta catch them alll
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
@imp,

it's a good sig, nonetheless. Of course Fox made it so it's awesome. :p

we have something similar to U if U is ungraded. we have the INC which means incomplete. This doesn't mean a fail, you could get even a high grade- it's just that you lack certain requirements. Maybe a paper or some other thing.

the 4.0 is unique though. It's a removable. you "remove" this 4.0 condition by either passing or failing a removals exam, where if you pass the highest you get would be 3.0. Sometimes professors don't require exams but some other thing.

The 4.0 basically means that your grades were below passing, but your professor thought you deserved better. :p
 
Last edited:

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
hey googlez, I'm good, have to go to the bank soon...
How are you ?
I moved to Antarctica because TDA became a girl for a day ^^
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I'm not sure if I'm reading into this the wrong way or not, but are you saying that your way is right and that those who stick to one manga and comb through it with a fine tooth comb are wrong?
what ever gave you that idea? :notrust she simply said that's how she does things- reading far and wide, and not getting too worked up on some details.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
when reading manga, I read a lot of manga, and if I don't like something I drop it. There's really no harm in trying out new material. because you can choose not to continue reading it if it ceases to be entertaining or whatever.

and I tend to be very forgetful so going into detailed discussions would only confuse me as I forget character names and other details easily :sweatdrop
 
  • Like
Reactions: nat

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
what ever gave you that idea? :notrust she simply said that's how she does things- reading far and wide, and not getting too worked up on some details.
it is kinda hard to pick up attitude and tone from text, but the way she said it, she kinda seemed to be mocking those who care too much about the details.

While the guys over at the Naruto section still discuss on the genetic factors of the Sharingan, I have already read a whole manga on a genetic mutation running wild <.<
this line specifically comes off as, "I'm right while what they're doing is wrong."
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
:oh

Sexual favours?

>_>;;
ahahahaha. there have been rumors.

LOL. well sometimes they require papers or projects you know.

but we do have that saying in school: Kwatro or Kwarto

where Kwatro means 4, and Kwarto means room.
 

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
hehe...in Italian Quattro means fourth whereas quarto mean four (like you said ^^)..

going now...TC
 

-Ren Boy-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,679
Reaction score
700
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Wow I feel so neglected on what use are talking about

*jumps into convo"
what are use talking about :p

these are types of tunes that will stick in my head during exam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2dCY1yFANY

ITS THE SCREAMING
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
i'm fine actually:)

...ah okay!makes perfect sense^^
and well after the latest chapters do i have to fear my DA account being spammed by sasuke fanarts from you?:XD
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
@bean,

nope, I still can't read the right and wrong there.. I thought it was just an analogy to portray the differences in what could be accomplished when doing both. Some choose to discuss things (because it's what they get high on) while others just move on to read other stuff (because it's what they get high on too).

@nat, i think the etymology of the world kwarto would be quarters- like... sleeping quarters. that's why it'd translate to room.

@anbu- use? what use are talking about?

sorry I'm really slow in picking up slang, if that's what it is :sweatdrop
 
  • Like
Reactions: nat

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@bean,

nope, I still can't read the right and wrong there.. I thought it was just an analogy to portray the differences in what could be accomplished when doing both. Some choose to discuss things (because it's what they get high on) while others just move on to read other stuff (because it's what they get high on too).
I dunno, I guess it must just be me then. It just seems that she went out of her way to be specific when a general statement would have come off better. For example, if I said, "I like to eat chocolate ice cream," I'm giving my personal preference without pitting it against anything. "I like chocolate ice cream, so while you (waste your time and) eat vanilla, I'll eat chocolate ice cream.

The difference here is that I prefer reading a broad variety of manga through all genre and target audiences and not spend several days doing in-depth discussion on a soon-to-be-forgotton detail of a single series.

While the guys over at the Naruto section still discuss on the genetic factors of the Sharingan, I have already read a whole manga on a genetic mutation running wild <.<
the whole "while they" sentences come off as her saying, "while they waste their time doing that, I'm getting more value doing this."

pitting one thing against her personal preferences, to me, seems like she's putting that thing down while saying her way is better. I guess I'm just cynical and see it that way.

"The difference here is that I prefer reading a broad variety of manga through all genre and target audiences." Done.




in spanish, quatro is 4, cuarto is room...it's also 4th, and a quarter (the measurement, not the coin).
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top