Archived Hangout Thread v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
wow, breaking up with someone on valentines day is just cold and calculated. I pray to God that never happens to me. Your friend didnt seem that bothered by it though, very quick to go clubbin!!
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
^ :o :o :o

That's harsh on the girl! Wow! She actually went to the restaurant??! :s
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
So on the topic of something a bit more...happy? I watched FMA:B when it premiered. I'm wondering why I never got around to watching the original simulcast...
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
FMA: Brotherhood is awesome! :tem I did like the first series, unlike many, but I was always a bigger fan of the manga so Brotherhood feels like the real deal, while I consider the original anime a sort of spin-off. :tem
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
FMA: Brotherhood is a great anime! I didn't watch the previous series/version of FMA. I like the Brotherhood one a lot! :tem

May is so cute! :wtf
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but I'm planning to...I really enjoy reading the manga; one of my faves.
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It's not all that, don't waste your time....
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Yes. Do.

Or/and if you don't, read the manga. You won't regret it. :tem
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
FMA. <3 Brotherhood has been pretty good, but if anyone is trying to decide between watching that and reading the manga, definitely go with the manga. No question. :noworry

So, anyone watching the Olympics? I'm currently watching some curling. :D
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I think both the manga and anime of FMA are great! :tem

I was watching the curling between GB & Switzerland but it's just soooo :bored! So I've resumed watching The Phantom Menace. :)
 

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
4,777
Reaction score
2,840
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I tried to watch curling the other day. After five minutes of watching it, all I wanted to do was take a nap.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Curling is intense! :turtle

No, really I watched a whole game, Sweden-Denmark, the other night while playing poker and it was the closest I've gotten to actually really getting into it (watching it while shuffling every few minutes), but I can't believe people actually go to watch that stuff live. I mean, I get bored after watching it on TV after 10 minutes, tops.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I can't believe curling is classified as a sport. It's a disgrace! I bet there's never been a fight during a curling game?? :XD

Orgz...you watched the whole game? :err Unbelievable! :o Was this when you were drunk or high? or both? :blink

Did you loose a lot in poker? or did something happen to make up for your losses...:grin
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
No, I actually walked out of there with more money than before the game, though only about 110 kr (≈10£).

And I wasn't all that drunk, I was just not watching it all the time. Like I said, I was playing poker, so my attention wasn't towards the curling most of the time (is that even possible? :p)
 

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I haven't watched any of the Olympics actually...has figure skating been played yet?
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I tried to watch curling the other day. After five minutes of watching it, all I wanted to do was take a nap.
A nap is actually sounding pretty good right now. I'm not sure if it's the curling that did it to me or not. And I only had it on in the background while I was doing other stuff! :XD

I haven't watched any of the Olympics actually...has figure skating been played yet?
The pairs skating is done as well as the men's individual short program. Tonight is the men's long program, which I'm planning on watching. :amuse
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Just got to London a few hours ago, the journey was mad! My coach was an hour delayed because of the weather, then the journey took an hour longer because of the weather aswell. In the end my journey was 4h20something mins. *sighs* man at last I'm here now, then off to Belgium tomorrow.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Hehe, it's snowing in the UK! BOO YEAH! Shame most of it is all slush now :(
 

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
4,777
Reaction score
2,840
Gender
Male
Country
United States
A nap is actually sounding pretty good right now. I'm not sure if it's the curling that did it to me or not. And I only had it on in the background while I was doing other stuff! :XD
Theres a couple of shows that can always make me feel tired and are great to take a nap with. Any Discovery/National Geo show about animals is always great for that. Especially that Planet Earth series they had. It was so soothing.

However, nothing competes with the album Surfacing by Sarah McLachlan. I can't even get past 3 or 4 songs without falling asleep:D
 

Phoenix946

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
920
Reaction score
467
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Theres a couple of shows that can always make me feel tired and are great to take a nap with. Any Discovery/National Geo show about animals is always great for that. Especially that Planet Earth series they had. It was so soothing.
Haha, yeah I know what you mean, but it's a dilemma because those shows are also really interesting. I have the same with shows about space or Egypt, I want to watch it because it interests me, but I always manage to nap away :darn Time Warp is also good. I mean, http://www.flixxy.com/water-drop.htm doesn't this just make you wanna sleep?

Actually the only shows I usually stay awake with are Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, Bite Me and Earth Investigated.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top