Info Hiro Mashima's & Atsuwo Ueda's Twitter

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
腹減ったから、この作業終わったら昼飯にしよう。と思ってから10時間飯の事忘れて仕事してた。たまに出る変な集中力。

Because I am hungry, let's have lunch when I finish this work. I forgot about rice for 10 hours after I thought that I was working. Sometimes weird concentration ability.

Google Translate


He must be working on something :notrust
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Finally a drawing of natsu alone
I haven't read the comments but something tells me I'll see hella "BuT wHeRe Is LuCy???" lol stuff like that is really cringy to me. Also I liked his scar and long hair... goddamn Wendy and Cancer.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
I personally liked both Natsu's scar and long hair.Both looked pretty badass.
I’m with you. I think both were dope. I also liked Laxus’ longer hair, and the updated armor we saw from Ezra during the Avatar arc. I was disappointed that Hiro basically had the characters at the end even looking like nothing had happened at all.
 

azhasnts

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2018
Messages
267
Reaction score
383
Country
Fairy Tail
I’m with you. I think both were dope. I also liked Laxus’ longer hair, and the updated armor we saw from Ezra during the Avatar arc. I was disappointed that Hiro basically had the characters at the end even looking like nothing had happened at all.
I would have liked to have seen some changes in the characters in the final chapter
 

CyberLance

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2016
Messages
418
Reaction score
566
Age
38
Country
Sweden
I would have liked to have seen some changes in the characters in the final chapter
I just would have liked Natsu and Lucy, Juvia and Gray and some other characters maybe finally become official couples.
I guess Gray and Juvia maybe did it but let the audience see them kiss, hold hands or do other couple stuff.
And maybe a timeskip where we get to see there kids would have been cool.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I just would have liked Natsu and Lucy, Juvia and Gray and some other characters maybe finally become official couples.
I guess Gray and Juvia maybe did it but let the audience see them kiss, hold hands or do other couple stuff.
And maybe a timeskip where we get to see there kids would have been cool.
no offense my dude but I'm positive you read other battle shonen like Naruto and Bleach, shit like this just doesn't happen. They never do more then have kids. "The Last" doesn't count cause that was a movie even if canon. FT wasn't ever about pairings, its central theme revolved around family and friendship. I think the open ending surprised me if anything but it I liked it more than any forced ending cause it was very chill and relaxing. Also why do you keep saying Gray and Juvia becoming official, they got together in the final chapter... don't be a picky shipper they're annoying :neutral.
 

CyberLance

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2016
Messages
418
Reaction score
566
Age
38
Country
Sweden
no offense my dude but I'm positive you read other battle shonen like Naruto and Bleach, shit like this just doesn't happen. They never do more then have kids. "The Last" doesn't count cause that was a movie even if canon. FT wasn't ever about pairings, its central theme revolved around family and friendship. I think the open ending surprised me if anything but it I liked it more than any forced ending cause it was very chill and relaxing. Also why do you keep saying Gray and Juvia becoming official, they got together in the final chapter... don't be a picky shipper they're annoying :neutral.
I guess i just wanted something that feels more official.
The characters having kids is one of the most official couple things you can do i guess.
And with Juvia and Gray i guess i wanted to see something different from how things were like between them before the final chapter.
And yea the romance is not supposed to be a main thing in these shounens but it is a side thing that develops during the series and it felt to me like Fairy Tail focused on it more than many other shounens does.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I hear everything you’re saying. Just look forward to the announcements. Hiro said it’ll be “several” so assuming two of them will be the anime airing date and his new series it’ll probably be some more regarding FT.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,109
Reaction score
12,874
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
I guess i just wanted something that feels more official.
The characters having kids is one of the most official couple things you can do i guess.
And with Juvia and Gray i guess i wanted to see something different from how things were like between them before the final chapter.
And yea the romance is not supposed to be a main thing in these shounens but it is a side thing that develops during the series and it felt to me like Fairy Tail focused on it more than many other shounens does.
That's very true, Mashima focused on ships heavily on his manga, A more romantic ending was very demanded from the fans. It won't shift the theme of the manga, couples can be best friends as well. I see no problem
 

azhasnts

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2018
Messages
267
Reaction score
383
Country
Fairy Tail
That's very true, Mashima focused on ships heavily on his manga, A more romantic ending was very demanded from the fans. It won't shift the theme of the manga, couples can be best friends as well. I see no problem
I've seen couples like that, it's incredible.
My favorite youtubers act like best friends and are married.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
That's very true, Mashima focused on ships heavily on his manga, A more romantic ending was very demanded from the fans. It won't shift the theme of the manga, couples can be best friends as well. I see no problem
It was demanded by some fans. Plenty, myself included, don’t particularly care. An being as he still took the time to establish couples in the final chapter, the complaint seems kind of hollow. The way he did so was indicative of the entire relationship you guys were such big fans of in the first place. Seemed like a good middle ground for you guys. While those of us who wanted an ending to do with character growth, or real evolution of the characters (Which is why the Time-jump ending is such a popular trope) didn’t really get that.
 

Gabo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
1,111
Reaction score
2,111
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico

I just uploaded the Scans of those pages in the topic of Volumes to see if they can translate them, they are three pages with information from an interview
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I am busy, but I do not know if the amount of material is large or the work intuition is dull.

Translated from Japanese by Microsoft


I'm very busy, but I'm not sure if I'm just dull a lot of things or work.


Mashima Retweeted
HiroMashima @mashima_genga 17h17 hours ago
"Hiroshi Mashima original picture exhibition" is official. On April 21 (Saturday) to 30th (Monday · Holiday) Tokyo International Shibuya Store in Tokyo and Shibuya will decide to hold original painting FINAL! "Masashima Hiro sensei signature society" also on 29th (Sunday and public holiday) !! For details please visit the official website !!!http://mashima-hiro.gengaten.com

Translated from Japanese by Microsoft


"Hiro Majima Exhibition" is official. The original exhibition will be held on April 21 (Sat)-30 (Mon/Holiday) at Seibu Shibuya Store in Shibuya, Tokyo! On the 29th (Sunday and Holiday), "The autograph session of the teacher Hiro Majima" is also!! See the official Site!!! http://mashima-hiro.gengaten.com
 
Last edited:

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I was right! His big announcement is an exhibition somewhere in Japan that I won't see :sad
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I was right! His big announcement is an exhibition somewhere in Japan that I won't see :sad
How can you be so sure it’s not even April yet and Mashima probably just busy writing his new manga.
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I was right! His big announcement is an exhibition somewhere in Japan that I won't see :sad
Reebi he said he is very busy.That means he is writing a new series.
 

Gut's is the man

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 28, 2017
Messages
4,802
Reaction score
3,386
Age
29
Country
United States
Do any magazine published by Kodansha get released on Sunday?
 
Top