Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread
Read Tower of God. It's awesome. If you're already used to bad drawings thanks to Togashi (:P) you will absolutely enjoy this series.
@Goral: Gintama better than HxH? Pft, that's too much to say.
Have you even read current arc? If not you have no basis to say that. And I haven't said that Gintama is a better manga overall, only that current arc is better than anything I've read in any shounen (and I've read many shounens, including old school ones like
City Hunter and
Ghost Sweeper Mikami which I also recommend). My shounen ranking looks something like this:
At the absolute top are: FMA, Desert Punk, Trigun, Hikaru no Go, Gintama, Detective Conan, GTO, Hunter x Hunter without bugs (hard to decide which is the absolute best)
Slightly or significantly worse but still awesome:
Hunter x Hunter (here if I'm counting shitty bug arc), Cross Game + other Adachi's titles, Claymore (first 13 volumes were superb, later it jumped the shark but still is one of the best shounens), Dragon Ball (after Freezer it jumped the shark), Beck, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, City Hunter, Ghost Sweeper Mikami, Ashita no Joe and probably some more old-school titles which I can't recall right now.
Lower are Get Backers, Kenji, Change 123 (the best ecchi title I know).
And lower are the most popular titles (and many of them much lower like One Piece or D.Gray-men for example).