Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Yeah, agreed. The king is finally approving of Netero as an admirable enemy, but still considers him inferior. Hopefully the secret movie will change that. Also, I loved the king's reaction to the king's "praise". xD
The king isn't considering Netero as inferior. Netero IS inferior. Netero have no way to won this fight. It doesn't matter what kind of level his last-ultimate attack will have. The king is just observing currently and despite that, he is easily unharmed.

The king won't be beaten by a one vs one fight.
 

Belphegor_Corleone

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Monaco
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

But, I wish Togashi to bring back Hisoka soon, I really miss this guy.
That's not likely to happen...I also hope for his return, someday...

As for Yupi and Pufu, I don't think they'll do nothing else, at least until Netero and the King's fight is over.
Gosh, I'ts impossible to tell who is gonna win that fight (but it's not like the King is going to lose a fight)

Hopefully this manga won't get the same abrupt ending yu yu hakusho had (I felt it was anyways).
Why so sure? :D
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

The king won't be beaten by a one vs one fight.
True. It seems the aim of this arc is to end it as Shaman King did - convincing the enemy it's not all about forceful subjugation, that everyone can live in harmony.
 

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

wonder if Palm is alright. Not sure why she is even needed since the gang went in anyway? I thought she is going in to get a location on the King and royal guards but now it seems moot? Also, is the mangaka's health better now or it is chronic? The last hiatus didnt seem very long? Well at least we know he is sick(?) unlike the mangaka for Berserk -_-...
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Why so sure? :D
I am not sure, hence why I said "Hopefully":p


wonder if Palm is alright. Not sure why she is even needed since the gang went in anyway? I thought she is going in to get a location on the King and royal guards but now it seems moot? Also, is the mangaka's health better now or it is chronic? The last hiatus didnt seem very long? Well at least we know he is sick(?) unlike the mangaka for Berserk -_-...
I read the mangaka was sick (wikipedia lol) but I am unsure of it even being confirmed. I got the impression the hiatus where kind of a trademark of his when the manga got to long lol.
 
Last edited:

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Last edited:

benette

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 18, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

one miscalculation for netero and he's a goner.
 

Dr. Vegapunk

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
53
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

That's not likely to happen...I also hope for his return, someday...
Why shouldnt Hisoka be back, hes played pivotal roles in 3 arcs.
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I just finish reading the whole manga, and i got to say this is a really good manga.

The only problem i have with it is when the mangaka start narrating the story. But overall this a great manga.
 

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Hmm i wonder if Palm can be turned back or just be killed? It is kinda weird how this turned out because wasnt the wolf guy searching for her the whole time so it gave me the impression she was just hiding. I guess the bodyguard caught her and changed her before anyone else decided to find her? She looks better in her current form though (not the hair upgrade)
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Maybe her age complex made her choose to become an ant? I just have this feeling that she might have betrayed them, just like Walter from Hellsing
 

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Maybe her age complex made her choose to become an ant? I just have this feeling that she might have betrayed them, just like Walter from Hellsing

I think the Orb thing on her head is prob her weakness and the object controlling her - probably very obvious eh?

I think she did meet Killua by accident and wanted to know where Gon is - whether to kill him or not we are not sure since Gon is an "odd" target to kill. She probably can't get Gon's location because she doesnt have her tool with her - she was wondering in a nightgown before being captured so she mightve just ran into killua on her way to get her tool.

I think 2 things can result here:
1. killua reluctantly kills her - gon finds out and breaks their friendship and stuff happens...

2. her master pops up to get her back to her back to "normal". Maybe the cat girl can "revert" her.

either way i hope there isnt a hiatus coming up soon....
 

ClinoJustu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
36
Reaction score
12
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I'm happy that in this chapter the battle Netero Vs The King stop :) , happy because we start to back with kirua and at the end Gon.
I don't know if Knucles is a good oppenent to Pufu :/, not sure he is able to beat him and I want to see Gon's reaction to Knucles incoming
Oh , and sh*t ! Kirua's yoyo !!! XD
 
Last edited:

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

out of curiosity... does the quality of drawing reflect how sick the mangaka is? there were some chapters that seem more like rushed drawings than finished products but recent chapters show more detail...
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

out of curiosity... does the quality of drawing reflect how sick the mangaka is? there were some chapters that seem more like rushed drawings than finished products but recent chapters show more detail...
He wasn't sick for the most part. He said he was just busy with his family, having another child and all. I think he was just rushing those badly drawn chapters because he fixed most of the drawing for the graphic novel releases.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I just finish reading the whole manga, and i got to say this is a really good manga.

The only problem i have with it is when the mangaka start narrating the story. But overall this a great manga.
I don't think the narration is a bad thing. It is one of the things I enjoy about this author, it gives really in depth info on the plot and characters which wouldn't really be evident without it. Dunno, thats just me.
 

Rainier

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
467
Reaction score
52
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

He's one of the few Mangakas that actually narrate their mangas, and he's extremely awesome doing it.
 

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
2,325
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I'm thinking that Gon won't reach his goal of bringing Kaito back. So this meshes well with other characters that are ants and shouldn't be, in a way.

Here's what I think: whenever there's a vampire story, if you kill the main vampire, the others will revert and become humans again. So perhaps upon Meruem's defeat, the current ants will become humans again, and so will Palm, Meleoron, "Octopus", and Pitoo as well. And that will happen after Komugi is healed, but before Kaito gets the chance to be cured.

This way, Gon will have to settle for having Palm back, but not Kaito. The best thing he'll do for Kaito is releasing him from that state. Reverting death isn't something to be achieved this easily in the story. Upon reverting, the ants will lose their unworthy bogus power, and balance will be achieved once again.
 

a_nevels666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
65
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I'm thinking that Gon won't reach his goal of bringing Kaito back. So this meshes well with other characters that are ants and shouldn't be, in a way.

Here's what I think: whenever there's a vampire story, if you kill the main vampire, the others will revert and become humans again. So perhaps upon Meruem's defeat, the current ants will become humans again, and so will Palm, Meleoron, "Octopus", and Pitoo as well. And that will happen after Komugi is healed, but before Kaito gets the chance to be cured.

This way, Gon will have to settle for having Palm back, but not Kaito. The best thing he'll do for Kaito is releasing him from that state. Reverting death isn't something to be achieved this easily in the story. Upon reverting, the ants will lose their unworthy bogus power, and balance will be achieved once again.
I'm sure the others will not return to normal even if Meruem dies. That vampire rule seems more supernatural while the chimera ants are more like biological/genetic mutations. Also, the people changed by that ant queen didn't change back after she died.

Kaito wasn't changed into an ant though. He was only controlled/reanimated.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top