Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread
Well, I'm not entirely sure about this, but I believe fan mail for mangaka is usually sent to the publisher's office, and they'll sort the letters and distribute them to the respective editors, who pass along the mail to the authors in question.
Publisher's office? So VIZ or Shounenjump or something like that?
You'll have to somehow figure out the japanese postal adres of Shueisha then. And write it in japanese, 'cause I'm pretty sure Togashi himself doesn't know english, and I wouldn't count on his editor (or even the postal workers) knowing it either.
SHUEISHA, Inc. “Weekly Jump” Editorial 2-5-10 Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-8050, JAPAN
^^ I found that at
http://www.shonenjump.com/e/manga-shou/stokin.html but I wonder if I am at the right location.
If you want to be absolutely safe, just write at least the adres and instructions in both languages, and perhaps even the letter itself.
I highly doubt you can find a way to send an email directly to him. These japanese authors tend to keep their private (email) adresses hidden, obviously.
I see. Well, some mangaka tend to have their own personal websites which they manage comments so I was hoping I could contact Yoshihiro Togashi that way or via official e-mail but yeah, most mangaka keep their real life separate.
Another option: it sometimes happens that companies that license mangakas works overseas will take care of fan mail and send it to that specific author, but that rarily happens. What you could possibly try, is send an e-mail about this to Viz publishing, and ask them if they could redirect your fan mail somehow.
I doubt I could do it. I am in a country where Manga isn't published so I don't think I can ask those overseas publishing companies. However, perhaps if you could be more specific...
VIZ said:
How can I get in touch with a manga creator?
You can send in fan letters to our office and we'll do our best to forward them along to the manga creator. Please send all mail to:
SHONEN JUMP P.O. Box 77010 San Francisco, CA 94107
I browsed around VIZ and found that but how should I write the letter? I mean, how should I make them know that it's a fan letter? Just write the letter in the way I would like to but the letter's "To" is "Yoshihiro Togashi" or the package's "Recipient" is "Yoshihiro Togashi"?
But if you try that, make sure you arrange it with them via mail first, before you send anything, and make it clear to them that you'd be willing to pay for the necessary postal costs of sending something to another country.
Keep in mind: it's a million times more likely that Togashi would bother reading your physical mail than any possible e-mail you might want to direct at him.
I doubt VIZ have an official e-mail that can take in all sorts of questions, I mean, I think they only have one for customer service and not fan service.
All in all, thanks for your help. I was on taking NAT-3 exam on the previous 8th so my reply is a bit late.
@brigid001 - Yes, I love Nurarihyon no Mago the most because the story and the character designs are neatly done but I don't really have a die-hard addiction to the characters of it. For example, I am madly in love Feitan, Kurapika, Killua & Hisoka of Hunter x Hunter or Itachi & Sasuke of Naruto(actually, I just love NARUTO's flashbacks) or Ulquiorra & Hallibel of Bleach. KHR is just eye-candy for me, I guess.
@kkck - Thanks, I will try.
